Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XIII

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 14, 2010

Expanding on the revamped visual style of The King of Fighters XII, the thirteenth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series concludes the three-part story of Ash Crimson and the mysterious Those From The Past organization.

Game Pushed Back To 11/22/11

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jewunit

The KOF XIII site has announced that the game has been pushed back to November 22, 2011. It is also noted in a newly-released trailer for the game.

I have mixed feelings about this delay. I understand that they probably don't have much control over it, but it pushes the game into the mire of November releases. It was formerly an October release. Casual gamers will have their eyes on other releases or will be low on funds from other purchases. The game will also be in more direct competition with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I am sure both games will have their communities, but KOF XIII is more likely to lose sales if matched against a better-known Capcom fighter. Nothing can be done about it at this point though. I will just keep watching the iPLAYWINNER Ranbats and admiring my pre-order receipt until November.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TwilitEnd656

This is actually more convenient for me timing-wise, as I'm going to be rather busy 'til November rolls around. But I guess it's kind of disappointing still; I was looking forward to trying to get into a fighting series I've never played before... At least it's still within this year though.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Juicebox

Wait...Fatlus is publishing it? the day i realize i might be a neckburd :(

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

I learned of this earlier today. 

With this delay, there are seven games I'm looking forward to coming out in November. It's going to be a crazy month.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By JazGalaxy

was there EVER a chance that casual gamers would be interested in a game called King of Fighters THIRTEEN which features over 30 bizarre anime character exploding around on screen?

Nothing about this game is for casual gamers. Well, except Mai's breasts..

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

On one hand it sucks that we have to wait a extra month to play this on the other it no longer releases a week after Batman.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jewunit

@JazGalaxy said:

was there EVER a chance that casual gamers would be interested in a game called King of Fighters THIRTEEN which features over 30 bizarre anime character exploding around on screen?

Yeah, I suppose the game doesn't have the same speed and flash as UMVC3 does. It's a more deliberate game in the vein of Street Fighter. However, I really like the use and style of the sprites. Sure, Clark and Ralf look a little too muscular, but the overall 2-D animation is quite good and the backgrounds are gorgeous. In that sense, it has the look of a Blazblue game. The combination is something I really like and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mwng
    @jewunit said:

@JazGalaxy said:

Yeah, I suppose the game doesn't have the same speed and flash as UMVC3 does. It's a more deliberate game in the vein of Street Fighter. However, I really like the use and style of the sprites. Sure, Clark and Ralf look a little too muscular, but the overall 2-D animation is quite good and the backgrounds are gorgeous. In that sense, it has the look of a Blazblue game. The combination is something I really like and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

I am also a sucker for sprites as well as fighting games. So I'll probably end up picking this up just to be terrible at it.
    mcbonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By mcbonjon

When I saw this trailer, my excitement level went up dramatically. It really sucks that the game was delayed, but I have faith in both Atlus and SNK Playmore. As long as they can deliver on the promise of a great entry for the franchise and good netcode, this game will be the game that fans have been waiting for.

I just hope that the game isn't delayed again. The reason for this is, I'm planning to hold a tournament for this game at my work the week it's out.

Solarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solarium

Like what McBonJon said. As long as it's not pushed back again it should be OK. I already waited this long what's a little longer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.