Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Funny bugs or glitches?

• 73 results
    Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cagliostro88

I just got a funny physics glitch where Geralt went for an execution/finisher in slow-mo where he was supposed to chop the head of a human off while the body was falling forward on his knees. What actually happened is that the head fell on the spot but the rest of the body was propelled in the air for like 40 meters when the baseball-like motion of Geralt's sword hit him :D

So I was wondering if any of you got any other fun unintended things happening in your game to tell :)

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I was unable to save and lost more than an hour of playtime. That was funny.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Sessh

I had a few enemies falling through the world and after dying floating a few inches above the ground in a crucifixion pose. Funny but sadly not lootable then.

Also had a few cases of Aard blasting enemies way, way farther than it should, which reminded me pleasantly of some of the nonsense that happened in Skyrim when a giant hit certain things.

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After chasing down a man on horseback as part of a sidequest, a dialogue scene initiated in the middle of the road. The man's horse must have felt it had something to add to the conversation; it positioned it's head directly between Geralt and it's owner during a rather tense exchange, like a kid or a dog who feels left out and is interjecting for attention. I laughed so hard I missed all the dialogue, great stuff.

kill_la_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kill_la_kill

On PC version with most settings on ultra, I've run into a bunch of weird glitches with only one being game breaking.

- Game froze when i pressed both triggers when on the Inventory screen (WTF moment)

- Geralt goes crazy rag doll every time he's killed. Similar to GTA V rag doll but with less gravity (pretty funny)

- Can't craft more bombs even if your at 0/0 Bombs in your inventory. Only way to make more was to drop the empty bomb item (annoying)

- When on PC version you get weird pop up boxes during Loads saying your controller is recognized even though its always been there. (Wish there was a way to disable mouse & keyboard)

- PC version resets Nvidia Geforce Experience settings every time you boot the game. Only way to change graphics settings was through the game itself. (Weird one-time annoyance)

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not so funny but had a hard crash on ps4, corrupted save file and all! Good thing it happened right as the tutorial started, literally as I was taking control for the first time. Smooth sailing for 3 hours since!

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

- Geralt goes crazy rag doll every time he's killed. Similar to GTA V rag doll but with less gravity (pretty funny)

If you dodge roll when it happens you get some pretty good air. Also I've had him finish his swing while he's dying and instead of ragdoll he just stands there not moving.

Other than having my horse clip through some stuff nothing too spectacular yet. Oh, and it seems you can jump around in some weird locations.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I encountered a bug where I was walking a long, the entire screen went black, then when the game came back, Geralt was underwater in an endless ocean. Luckily I had saved just before that happened, and when I re-loaded the game it was fine. But it was a weird bug. I held down the surface button for a while and never surfaced.

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

On PC version with most settings on ultra, I've run into a bunch of weird glitches with only one being game breaking.

- Game froze when i pressed both triggers when on the Inventory screen (WTF moment)

- Can't craft more bombs even if your at 0/0 Bombs in your inventory. Only way to make more was to drop the empty bomb item (annoying)

- When on PC version you get weird pop up boxes during Loads saying your controller is recognized even though its always been there. (Wish there was a way to disable mouse & keyboard)

- PC version resets Nvidia Geforce Experience settings every time you boot the game. Only way to change graphics settings was through the game itself. (Weird one-time annoyance)

When you meditate your bombs and potions are refilled.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing funny, just weird and or bad.

I've had the white wash from water turn black:

Loading Video...

And I've encountered a small bridge that hates horses:

Loading Video...

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Im trying to kill the Griffin. I have fought it down to 0 health or so it seems and it seemed to vanish but the fight was still on and it was showing on the mini map and hundred yards or so away from where I was. I go over there and the griffin seems to have gone underground and is moving about with only the tip of its wing, jaws fin-like, protruding from the ground..

..amusing but also incredibly annoying.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OurSin_360

@kill_la_kill said:

i just had my first crash in the inventory while comparing a new weapon, and i do believe i hit both triggers on accident lol. Have the rag doll death too.

Funniest i've seen was an NPC shaking in place like the reverse flash on the tv show.

*edit* Well froze in the inventory screen AGAIN, seems to be a common bug too. Looking for any fixes now, i honestly hadn't spent much time in the inventory screen so far so i didn't even realize this was an issue. :-(

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By overnow

The two funny ones I've had have already been spoken about. The first is the enemy body flying off when Geralt does that beheading execution where the dude falls to his knees. The second was the thing Brad spoke about on the Bombcast. I went to speak to the Herbalist lady to ask her about a woman from a side quest involving a well, as I went in to her place I noticed that the bed was empty, then right after I ended the conversation the woman strolls on in, lies down, and resumes holding her injuries and rocking about.

Playing on PS4. Also the game crashed for me twice in the Gwent tutorial when I hit triangle so I said fuck it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing major; just NPC's floating a few inches to a few feet into the air, and once done with the meditation, sometimes Geralt gets up instantly, without an animation.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kill_la_kill: Good on CDPR to keep the tradition of the game resetting every graphic setting you made in nvidia experience or the launcher when you launch the game.

In Witcher 2 its becouse the launcher writes to the inifile in your documents folder but the game itself reads from the ini file in the gamesfolder. Many years after the game was released its still not fixed.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Gruebacca

One time I died, and after confirming a load of last save, it showed Geralt just standing still with enemies prowling around. I was unable to interact with anything or press any buttons, so hard reset!

Sometimes, when I boot it up, it runs in windowed borderless at a native resolution instead of fullscreen 1080p. I have to set it back when that happens.

kill_la_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@kill_la_kill: Good on CDPR to keep the tradition of the game resetting every graphic setting you made in nvidia experience or the launcher when you launch the game.

In Witcher 2 its because the launcher writes to the inifile in your documents folder but the game itself reads from the ini file in the gamesfolder. Many years after the game was released its still not fixed.

Thing is...they worked with Nvidia. The game came with my new 970 card. How is this an issue? Well anyway, they just released a new patch for PC with even more graphics sub options :)

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the same bug brad mentioned in the bombcast, where the women the herbalist is treating in white orchard comes through the door and lays down and starts groaning in pain.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By big_denim

I was having a lot of fun riding around in my boat despite the animation for steering being absolutely atrocious but that's neither here nor there. Any who, all was well until THIS happened:

No Caption Provided

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By MajorToms

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but there was this camera pan during an in engine cutscene where one hare mounts another hare and starts fucking in the middle of the screen. Pretty out of the blue and hilarious.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I witchered someone so hard in the neck that they flew out of the game.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sessh

I just encountered a bug were a couple drowners kept running around/into my conversation partners during the conversation cutscene.

Guys just happened to try swindling people out of money for crossing a bridge. I used Axii to dissuade them, since I didn't necessarily want to kill them. Right after the conversation ended, the drowners jumped those guys and killed every last one.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: Sounds like the Karma mechanic and not a bug :)

Gfeltner78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gfeltner78

I think this one has been widely reported, but you can not pass in the Gwent game on the console (or at the very least that first game). Crashes to the PS home screen every time. I read that if you waited for the opponent to pass you could get through it (but still never win that first game). However, I tried that and still crashed.

I just tried one last time and just kept playing cards. Somehow I ended up winning round one and then had a card in round two that I had already played in round 1. Played it and won again somehow.

Hopefully it will be resolved in the 1.03 patch if it comes to consoles. I had heard it was a fun mini-game, but for now it seems broken.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was having a lot of fun riding around in my boat despite the animation for steering being absolutely atrocious but that's neither here nor there. Any who, all was well until THIS happened:

No Caption Provided

Ha this happened to me too, right after I got up from using a boat, the camera starting panning up and down all weird and then next thing I knew, I was up in the stratosphere. I fell right back down on my boat without taking any damage, and continued on as if nothing happened.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@darkbeatdk: Hahah, I am at work and nearly peed myself. Thats hilarious.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this happened:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wm4lHxkWx4U

Sorry, don't know how to embed on mobile.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually laugh out loud every time I see this. Reminds me of that RC Cola ad from the 90's.

FISH ON!

Loading Video...
    Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zella

So on the PS4 version I was looking through the tutorial notes and oh hey look at that the first entry for Combat is totally in Polish. To be clear I have everything set to English. Also tried to summon Roach while in a town and he spawned inside of a house, tried to ride him out but just knocked over everything. Besides that I have seen a handful of characters just start floating a couple feet off the ground.

Oh yeah also had the game crash to PS4 home screen, but I guess that wasn't funny.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By TheMathlete

Playing on PS4 and every rotfiend (and some ghouls) in the game are a mass of geometry. Just a bunch of triangles running at me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing on Xbox One, haven't experienced any crashes or serious bugs yet (hopefully it stays that way!).

As for funnier things, it seems like almost everytime you kill someone in an execution animation, some part of them goes flying (mostly their heads) in a way that seems unreasonable. One time I cut a guy into two pieces and the cut off part when flying like it was a rocket. I have also seen a few horses that are completely stiff and floating a few inches over the ground until you get close to them.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeatdk: That's the glitch i was writing about! It's been happening every time Geralt goes for that finisher and it's always hilarious, if you get the right camera angle you can see the body fly :D

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got stuck in the world's tiniest pool of water just south of Novigrad. Geralt's in a constant swimming animation, so he can't climb out of there and the game's just constantly giving a "you can't do that right now" notification. It's utterly ridiculous. There's dozens of people walking buy, just watching the poor trapped Witcher.

Had to reload an older save to get out.

@jnal Hah, true enough.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darkbeatdk said:

That's just about as good as the giants in Skyrim that could clobber you so hard you'd get knocked like a mile up in the air (which I believe happened on some Skyrim GB video content).

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had one funny one where Roach started spinning out of control in the background of a cut-scene. Was a pretty emotional cut-scene too, but I couldn't get into it, seeing as every time the camera focused on Geralt, all I saw was a horse helicopter in the background.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason all weather effects are now in full effect when I'm inside a building/cave/whatever too. Used to only happen occasionally but is now happening constantly.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Well stumbled upon this a minute ago, thought i'd share lmao

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just rode up to some soldiers turning around some folk trying to go North, as that little fade to black that leads into a dialogue scene happened someone just said "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" in a really weird glitchy way. It sounded pretty funny.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was doing a side quest in White Orchard and the quest-giver fled on his horse. When I caught up to him, his horse was sat right on top of us for the dialogue and Geralt spent the whole scene talking through the horse's ass.

The head bobbing and gestures made it look very suspect.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I had a tough time getting into a position where I could get the prompt to come up to talk to an innkeeper, and this was the result when I finally did.

No Caption Provided
    LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majortoms: The bunnies werent properly aligned in my game so one bunny just stood there while the other was humping the air. Definitely had a chuckle

sheik3008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty strange thing in my game, the stamina bar never shows up when i am riding the horse... I know the bar exists only because i saw it on gameplay videos...

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CaLe
    No Caption Provided

Can someone tell me why Triss seems to be resigned to the fact my relationship with her is over? I didn't import my save, but I seem to remember her being my girl in The Witcher 2. Is there no way to dump Yen and re-light the flame of passion with Triss? Maybe she knows I was seduced by Meira earlier in the game and that's why she spurns me so?

LiamEyers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was having some trouble with a bunch of horse mounted bandits with a prisoner. Got them down to one last guy who was near the prisoners cage, used the telekinesis sign (Aard?) to knock him off his horse. Into the cage. The prisoner was now standing on the outside of the cage, unwilling to go anywhere, and the bandit was inside the cage unable to get out. I had to kill him by slashing through the bars, take the key off his body through the bars, open the cage, at which point the prisoner thanked me and walked off.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@darkbeatdk said:

That's just about as good as the giants in Skyrim that could clobber you so hard you'd get knocked like a mile up in the air (which I believe happened on some Skyrim GB video content).

I dunno man, this might be on another level:

Loading Video...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OurSin_360

@cale said:
    No Caption Provided

Can someone tell me why Triss seems to be resigned to the fact my relationship with her is over? I didn't import my save, but I seem to remember her being my girl in The Witcher 2. Is there no way to dump Yen and re-light the flame of passion with Triss? Maybe she knows I was seduced by Meira earlier in the game and that's why she spurns me so?

Well yeah, but by the end you get your memories back so you know she lied to you for a few years or whatever and she's unsure if you forgive her or not. So it seems now you'll get to choose between the two, i've only seen yen once the whole game so i don't have much attachment to her as a character at all yet.

howardee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game can get really creepy.

Loading Video...

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im so glad this thread is here this just happened to me.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

i walked into this hut and it triggered a cut scene but when it started rendering the guy for the scene it didn't stop rendering him where he was sitting before. thought they were just twins before he sat down inside himeself.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a beggar in Novigrad who has no legs and sits in this little wooden cart thing. Last time I approached him he was floating in the air so the models head was the proper height if he were standing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.