Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropico 3

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

EL PRESIDENTÉ! In Tropico 3, you play as a dictator on a Caribbean island trying to become as wealthy and successful as possible.

ANOTHER Tropico 3 sale on Steam!

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

This time, it's 75% off, only $7.50 total. Looks like I have no reason not to try this game, now.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Omg YES. Been wanting to play this for a while

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

But my PC can't play it...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

GOD DAMNIT

now I have to buy it

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Does the Steam Special edition have any non-Steam DRM?  Did the original version have TAGES?  Anyways 7.50 is a pretty sweet price, might even buy it with DRM...

Skaery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Skaery
    @Diamond said:
    " Does the Steam Special edition have any non-Steam DRM?  Did the original version have TAGES?  Anyways 7.50 is a pretty sweet price, might even buy it with DRM... "
    It doesn't say anything on the store page about any additional DRM, so I don't think there's any.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmrwacko

Damn, I just played 4 hours of the game. It's freaking awesome. Imagine SimCity mixed with the Sims, the Civilization series, Spore, and a Sid Meier game. That's basically what Tropico 3 feels like. The game has you going through all these cool scenarios trying to post high scores by developing your little island nation while siphoning off dollars to your overseas Swiss bank account. Just like what real dictators do! I only wish the game had a little larger scale. The game doesn't really let you go past 750 or so population, just because I assume it would make the game a laggy unplayable mess. But unlike SimCity, you actually see and can interact with individual people, and they all have different names and character models. Plus unemployment isn't some mystical force like in SimCity, it's actually fairly intuitive and easy to fix.

Dunno about the DRM, but I don't think the game has an install limit. It went through the ordinary Steam setup process without any extra prompts.

Oh also, the game runs at > 30 fps on full graphics and antialiasing, and it looks pretty good! Lots of small animations and close attention to detail.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

I really like the game so far, scratching that itch just right.  More than I expected really.  The game is like a small scale Sim City but way more fidelity in everything that happens, far more realistic and complex IMO.

I'm running the game graphically maxed except view distance is high, not ultra, runs around 30fps, maxed everything seems to take a beast of a PC.  I think the graphics are very good too.

I don't think there is any extra DRM, just wish it supported Steam or better yet Live achievements.

Kintaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Kintaro

I really wanted this game after the Tropico 3 quicklook. But I don't have the time... maybe I should still buy it... I dunno. Damn you, Steam sales!

edit: Bought it. Now I hope I buy nothing else until Christmas.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

My mate bought me this game in the sale, very thankful for it and pretty excited to play.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By lucas_kelly

It's too bad the game isn't very good.

Kintaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kintaro
    @lucas_kelly:
     I played this most of today and I feel that the game is pretty good, so I don't know where you're coming from there.

One thing I noticed was that the radio announcer voice (and el presidente) is broken so I dug into Steam forums for a quick-fix. (An update cased the voice problems, users made a quick-fix before patch.)
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

I bought it...again. I already had it for the Xbox 360 (and at $40 no less) but had to buy it at this cheap price. It is a really, really cool game too.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @jmrwacko:  What's your video card?
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jmrwacko

Radeon 5770. It's mid-end. I also don't get much FPS loss when video recording the game, slows to like 22-24 fps.
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FalconCritical

Picked this up in the sale, tried it out last night for the first time.  Bit of a sharp learning curve, but I'm feelin it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.