Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

UFC 2009 Undisputed Patch Details

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    One of these players would rather shut off his system than tap out. I can feel it. 
    One of these players would rather shut off his system than tap out. I can feel it. 
    I think 2008/2009 is going to be the timeframe when people finally sat up and took notice of online issues and unfair play caused by players who disconnect before the end of a competitive match. It's certainly become a more significant issue recently, and I'd say the most dramatic example of why these problems are so unacceptable is UFC 2009 Undisputed. With no penalties programmed in to punish players who quit before their in-game loss can be registered, there was a time when it felt like over half my wins were vanishing out of thin air. And that absolutely ruined a great game.

Not long ago, THQ announced that it was working on a patch to correct this behavior. Today, we've got the list of specific changes that are coming to UFC 2009 Undisputed, courtesy of the game's official blog. Here are said changes:

• We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
    • We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
    • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
    • We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
    • We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
    • We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
    • We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
    • We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
    • For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Between correcting how disconnects are treated and removing unfairly created fighters from the online side of the game, this makes it sound like I'll finally be able to get back into UFC and enjoy it again. And all you scum out there with ridiculously overpowered submission stats may want to see about getting good at the game in a more honest fashion.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    I think 2008/2009 is going to be the timeframe when people finally sat up and took notice of online issues and unfair play caused by players who disconnect before the end of a competitive match. It's certainly become a more significant issue recently, and I'd say the most dramatic example of why these problems are so unacceptable is UFC 2009 Undisputed. With no penalties programmed in to punish players who quit before their in-game loss can be registered, there was a time when it felt like over half my wins were vanishing out of thin air. And that absolutely ruined a great game.

Not long ago, THQ announced that it was working on a patch to correct this behavior. Today, we've got the list of specific changes that are coming to UFC 2009 Undisputed, courtesy of the game's official blog. Here are said changes:

• We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
    • We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
    • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
    • We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
    • We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
    • We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
    • We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
    • We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
    • For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Between correcting how disconnects are treated and removing unfairly created fighters from the online side of the game, this makes it sound like I'll finally be able to get back into UFC and enjoy it again. And all you scum out there with ridiculously overpowered submission stats may want to see about getting good at the game in a more honest fashion.
    Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mechanized

This is an awesome update. Worth the wait, imo.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trilogy

Fucking finally. I was waiting on the patch to buy the game. I've seen how pointless it is to play in it's current state.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fbomb

Wow. Thanks to their update, I'm actually ready to buy the game, and go online. Before, there was no way I was about to tackle that  frustration of idiots who rage quit.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By fillmoejoe

Cool, I should pick this up soon.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

"We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent."

YES

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daryl

Maybe I'll bother to check out UFC online now.

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By InFamous91

Great

troyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By troyx

And all you scum out there with ridiculously overpowered submission stats may want to see about getting good at the game in a more honest fashion.

relax jeff

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
    @CL60 said:
    " "We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent."YES "
    I know right, those things can be so annoying. I almost came to the point of rage quitting once when I was smashing the other guy, and he came out with one lucky punch and KO'd me. Good news.
    Avatar image for blood_for_the_blood_god
    Blood_for_the_blood_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Im guessing unfair skill values translates into over 100? Although id really like to know the specifics on this point. Other than that I think that all these additions are very welcome and will get me to enjoy this game a whole lot more.

musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By musdy

Now I can get back into the game.

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By francesthemule

Awesome. Been holding off on buying this game to see if they were going to patch it.

Stargate174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stargate174

boring for a game that is offal as it is in its current state. The game has no re-playability whatsoever!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By C0V3RT

I may pick this game up now.

DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DannyJ
    @Stargate174 said:
    " boring for a game that is offal as it is in its current state. The game has no re-playability whatsoever! "
    ... You know it's "awful" right? Offal sounds like it has something to do with the nose.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

about time 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Karmum

Oh wow, now they are going to fix the difficulty in the submission system? What is THQ trying to do? Actually make me now buy the game instead of renting it!

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ouroboros

Yup.  I might buy the game now :)

NerdyNinja007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NerdyNinja007

Finally!  I hate when I'm about to get a TKO or a submission and the loser that I'm playing with always quits.  Finally I can get someone in mount and they won't cry and quit.  Well... maybe they'll still cry.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hulk

Everything in the patch notes is fine except for adjusting the rate of Flash KOs.  Strikers are already disadvantaged enough in the game,  making flash KOs less frequent is only going to skew things further in the favor of grappling.  If anything the flash KO/rocked rate needs to be increased since as is players can already take a large amount of flush punches to the head without getting knocked out.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hatking

I hate Flash KOs too frequent...and I might consider putting the game back in the system if they fix that.  I'm sick and tired of dominating an opponent catching a weak jab and hitting the mat.  I understand that sometimes SOMETIMES a fighter can connect a hard punch and turn the tide or even end the fight, but this doesn't happen in every other fight and the hit is a hard one not a weak one.  This patch sounds really good, I'm looking forward to it.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Daroki
    @DannyJ said:
    "@Stargate174 said:
    " boring for a game that is offal as it is in its current state. The game has no re-playability whatsoever! "
    ... You know it's "awful" right? Offal sounds like it has something to do with the nose."

If he thinks the game's a waste or rubbish, than offal is fine.  (Offal is the waste or by-product of a process... like when you go to the bathroom.)
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Hannibal
    @Jeff said:

Thank God, I've been trying to get submission of the night (damn it's hard), and I pretty much have to get a guy right next to being KOed before he'll succumb to a submission, which kinda defeats the purpose
    Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whatever I already returned my copy

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
    deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 10

About F'in time.  Now I can play it again.

Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Swish

Fuck sake I just returned this because of the lag... lame

BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoomShanka

YAY i can play online again!! :D

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By McBradders

Hmn, this is on sale, maybe it's time to pick it up.

Also love that last line, Jeff. You the man XD

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spiredcrescent

Yay i can finally use submissions against the crazy AI

Brym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Brym

It felt like the developers had never heard of the Internet before.

Ragequitting has been going on in every console game without a disconnect penatly ever since consoles first went online.  Xbox Live turns 6 years old this year, and yet we still keep seeing developers ignoring this issue until a patch.

After getting burned on SFIV and UFC, I'm not buying an online multiplayer game unless they do this right anymore.  I'll buy them once they patch it--and then I'll be getting it used, so they don't get my money.  Game makers need to realize that this matters.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hannibal said:
    "@Jeff said:

Thank God, I've been trying to get submission of the night (damn it's hard), and I pretty much have to get a guy right next to being KOed before he'll succumb to a submission, which kinda defeats the purpose"
    I feel your pain! I had the exact same problem getting World Class Grappler, the opponent was basically dead before I could submit him.
    Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hairydutchman

I was waiting for this patch to go online.

XaiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By XaiaX
    @DannyJ:
    You know it's "awful" right? Offal sounds like it has something to do with the nose.
    No, it isn't, it's offal. Offal is literally organ meats, but is generally used as a descriptive term meaning "garbage", because, obviously, WTF would eat leftover organ bits?

The more you know!
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By MushroomStamp

Hopefully now all you dashboarding pussies have to take your ass whoopin like a man. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Media_Master

nice patch

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jakob187

LESS FREQUENT FLASH KOs!!!  WOOT!!!  A REASON TO PLAY AGAIN!!!

SuperDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SuperDrew

Ah so thats how people were submitting me so easily with CAF's. Think this patch may just get me back into online play.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By REDRUN

2 weeks after the announcement... still not patch and still the game is still littered with disconnecting , CAF hacking scrubs. Not only they have to cheat, they disconnect when they lose when clearly they had glitched a character for the advantage and still fail.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By choffy21
    @REDRUN: THQ had something potentially amazing for them and they're completely fucking it up.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By REDRUN

I wouldn't be too surprised if they would finaly release the patch several months from now at talks of having DLC characters added to the roster and the next UFC Undisputed being the franchised MMA game we would expect each year.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shocker

Yes! Finally. Maybe now i can get a respectable record...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.