Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Is there any fault with this game if you could think of?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By coolarman

I have played and it is completely awesome but i was wondering if there is anything in this game didn't work right. 

For me there are parts where the AI sucked but that was only in parts 

Example: I was behind cover and i guy standing ten yards away from me and then when i popped out of cover he was just standing there pointing his gun at me not shooting. 

So thats something wrong with this game. It didn't destroy the experience because that was only in parts of the game

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

My only complaint is one that is found in similar games of the same genre, the platforming at times could get to a point where you weren't quite sure what piece of the environment Nate would latch onto or climb on. But I'm not sure is that because the game itself suffers in that area or because I had spent a lot of time playing inFAMOUS prior to starting Uncharted 2 and in inFAMOUS Cole has a habit of latching onto pretty much anything and everything when climbing or traversing the environment.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Enemies still take too much damage in my opinion.  Having heavily armored enemies is a cheap way to make the game harder.
    Too much damn jumping, even if the character acknowledges it, makes me wonder if he gets tired.
    The damn guardians, again, take so many hits, feels like they are hard for that nothing else.
    And Lazeravic.  Not a very good villain, typical crazy guy out for power, just seems mad all the time.  Not really likeable in any sense. And you never really get the feeling, i got to take the guy out, or i want revenge.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hamz
    @TheHBK said:
    "The damn guardians, again, take so many hits, feels like they are hard for that nothing else "
    You never used the Crossbow, SPAS shotgun or the big Gatling gun on them did you? When you first encounter them Chloe mentions you need to find a better weapon, usually once you kill one of them you pick up their crossbow and can use it to 1-shot the others :)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nate looks retarded when he dies.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheHBK
    @Hamz: Oh i did.  The Shotty was my best way to do it, but it just felt so retarded to have any enemy like that.  And my thought about the crossbow was this is retarded, why would a gold crossbow take em out but my Ak wont?  Is this GoldenEye or something?  I think I would have been happier with the game if they had made the guardians faster and maybe work together better.  Seems like ND didn't work on the AI that hard and used the health thing as an out.  It would have been better and more exciting had three guardians had lower health but be fast and punch the shit out of me, instead of them just standing there taking hits, jump to another platform and everyone once in a while try to come in for a hit.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hamz
    @TheHBK: I would agree that having the Guardians act much the same as they did when dressed as demonic yeti would have maybe made for a more enjoyable experience when you encounter them. Then again I had plenty of SPAS ammo everytime I bumped into them so much like yourself I just filled them with buckshot! :P
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By msdss

I would have liked more puzzles. There were only 2 that I remember (the big blade one and the 4 armed statue) ...

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaneDev

Its hard to tell where to jump to next when climbing and the hint system for where to go next is very bad, its way to general. 

Other than that i personally felt that the tougher armored enemies made no sense.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Milkman

Cover can be a little too sticky sometimes and it's sometimes really hard to tell what ledges you can jump on and what ledges you can't.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Griddler
    @TheHBK: The bad guy was not likeable? I think you're missing the point if that's a fault in your mind.
    Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alex_V

A section that really grated with me was the ice caverns. You're kind of just told to go explore them, for reasons that are never really made properly clear. It felt like a lame excuse to stick in an extra section. Which is a shame, as the rest of the game flows so well.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By chstupid

It made you look like you were in danger but it was all scripted
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHBK
    @girdz said:
    " @TheHBK: The bad guy was not likeable? I think you're missing the point if that's a fault in your mind. "
    Well I meant that as a bad guy he is not likeable, not a good bad guy, not a good character.
    Example, in Killzone 2, Rico is a good guy but I hate his ass.
    Other games the bad guy works well and you understand him as a bad guy and he gives you motivation to go kick his ass.  With Lazarevic, I really didn't feel like going to beat him down.  He was lucky the game was fun to play.  I wanted to kill Flynn more than anything for being a total bitch.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Bucketdeth: jeez, he's dying, can't you cut the poor guy some slack! I bet you cant look sexy ALL the time!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Djeffers03 said:
    " @Bucketdeth: jeez, he's dying, can't you cut the poor guy some slack! I bet you cant look sexy ALL the time! "
    Trust me, when I die I'm going to look damn sexy.. 

BTW, The Warriors kick ass.
    JediMcAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By JediMcAndrew

I just wrapped up the campaign last night.  The only thing I didn't care for were the enemies that were effectively walking tanks.  Although, the headshot that takes off a hat or helmet instead of drilling the guy through the noggin got a little old towards the end there...

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

started it earlier, 3 hours in and 33% done, and its an amazing game, but flawless? please... remember that bug in the beta quicklook where Ryan got stuck in the stairs and freaked out? Happened to me in single played, got stuck in a washing machine (lol?) and had to die and re-do the area. The game looks AWESOME, but theres still quite a bit of clipping issues for example, and some animations look downright awkward, like drake jumping after a swing. It also starts amazingly, and then loses a bit of steam (in my opinion) in the early jungle levels (too similar to the first game), then picks up again in nepal, which is where i left off, chapter 8. Im loving the game, and will probably finish it between today and tomorow, but its far from flawless. One of the best games this year tho, easily (some would say the best even)

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By galiant

I remember a few bugs actually, one where I got totally stuck in the environment and another where I fell through the world when trying to take cover.

Other than that and the already mentioned not-so-obvious-where-to-go-platforming, I can't think of anything. Great game =)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

Besides the illusion of some parts of the enviroment being able for Nate to latch onto, the single player really has any noticable faults for me.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Afroman269

My main problems is that the cover system can be a bit janky at times and that's pretty much it. Also I have no trouble on the linear platforming, the game wasn't supposed to be complex so if people want to play a more in depth platformer then go play tomb raider or something.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Phished0ne

Cover was a little wonky, Camera was a bit fucked up in some spots 

but otherwise the game was very good, i never noticed the AI doing things that were any dumber then AI in any other game, and  there were some platforming bits that seemed like they were made hard  just by not knowing where to jump to next.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Fallen189

It's console specific.

GearsofRabies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GearsofRabies
    I may have just been sorta rusty because I beat the first one on the hard difficulty, but I felt regular was a little hard.
    cooger10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cooger10

the multiplayer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.