Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted: Drakes Deception BETA!!!

• 65 results
    MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MYCAELIS93

No Caption Provided
    You won't have to wait until November 1 to try out Uncharted 3's impressive multiplayer experience. Naughty Dog is putting the mode through an open beta test that director Justin Richmond says should "teach us a lot." Early access to the multiplayer beta will be granted on June 28 for PlayStation Plus subscribers and for those who have purchased inFamous 2 (recalling a similar promotion tied to the first inFamous). The beta will launch for all PSN members on July 5.

PS / InFAMOUS 2 owners Beta start time= June 28th
    Everyone else= July 5th

i will just throw in some multiplayer screens to get you hyped :) 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And heres some screenshots of the new customization features 
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here's some more information about the game modes within the beta

Competitive

Team Deathmatch - Old faithful. You know what's going on here, two teams trying to kill each other, the team with the most kills wins. An old favorite. This mode supports ten players in 5v5 action.

Three Team Deathmatch - 2v2v2. This works the same as deathmatch, except you'll be paired into three teams instead of two, and you'll have only one teammate.

Team Objective - Like Team Deathmatch, except that you have specific goals instead of just going for kills. Like TDM, this mode is also 5v5.

Free For All - No teams, just chaos. Free For All leaves every man for themselves, the player with the most kills wins. 8 players can play FFA at a time.

Plunder - Also known as "capture the treasure", this mode will work similarly to how it did in Uncharted 2 and will support eight players in two teams of four.

High Stakes - If you're a recovering gambling addict you'll want to stay away from this mode, which let's you use your in-game cash and XP to gamble on the outcome of a match. It's a good way to level up quickly if you're confident in your ability to win.

Co-op

Adventure - "Adventure co-op" is basically the standard co-op from Uncharted 2. It consists of two and three player missions that task players with using teamwork to complete objectives or get through difficult areas.

Hunter - This game mode is the biggest reveal so far. It's actually sort of a "competitive co-op" mode, so it would fit into the list above just as easily as it fits down here. It's essentially a 2v2 game type, heroes vs villains. The heroes have to try and grab and return as many treasures as they can in six minutes. The villains try and stop them. But here's the kicker the two villains aren't alone. The two human controlled villain players will team up with AI controlled goons to stop the heroes, and they'll be weaker like the AI goons themselves (sort of like Perfect Dark's counter-op mode, if you can remember back that far). As they get kills, the villains unlock medals that allow them to pick more upgraded villains to use when they respawn. The heroes get a bonus of their own, for they earn medal kickbacks every time they successfully return a treasure.
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Twitchey

I was going to say "old news is old", but since you added all this information I won't be a dick.

I think everyone (Who wants to play) on PSN will be playing this considering everyone is a PS Plus subscriber right now.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not really a big fan of competitive multiplayer, but I got a code with inFamous 2 and might as well use it.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    @Twitchey said:
    I was going to say "old news is old", but since you added all this information I won't be a dick.  I think everyone (Who wants to play) on PSN will be playing this considering everyone is a PS Plus subscriber right now.
    Yeh i know its old new haha, i just wanted to put all info into one thread so people dont have to look around, i will update if we get new info :)
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dingofighter

How long will it be going for?

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emergency

i skipped over some of it, but i didn't see any information on when it finishes? :o

ALIENX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ALIENX

Can't wait for Tuesday

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Kyreo

I guess I am excited. I don't know.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilhomer

ends july 13th I think.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

Cheers for the info regarding the Hunter mode. Was mighty curious about that one, and figured it was a competitive plunder variant or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

As long as I can still play as a dude with a rocking ponytail Im hyped.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aus_azn

Gonna be playing the hell out of this!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Afroman269

I'm so fucking ready for this.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpartyOn

The fact that this beta has co-op has made my fucking night.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee
    @Irvandus said:

As long as I can still play as a dude with a rocking ponytail Im hyped.

Let's Do This.
     Let's Do This.

EDIT: This isn't me confirming he's in it, just me agreeing with your fondness for the rocking ponytail :P
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy
    I am soooooo excited!!!! Can't wait!
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SSully

I was a huge fan of the multiplayer for Uncharted, so I personally cannot wait. Also great information dump, very useful stuff duder.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MYCAELIS93

No Caption Provided

Here's some more info on the beta and the ending date also

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
    If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you’re what I like to call a “normie,” July 4th.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
    July 13th.

What’s the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta level cap?
    Level 25, bro.

What modes are included in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
    There are nine modes. Team Deathmatch (duh), 3-Team Deathmatch (three teams of two face off), Team Objective (complete the assigned goals), Free For All (kill everyone), Plunder (capture the treasure), High Stakes (gamble with your XP and cash), and three co-op modes I can’t tell you about yet but swear I will blow them out this week.

Which maps are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
    There’s an airfield one and a French chateau. Both are multi-level with plenty to climb. They each pack dynamic events to keep the matches lively like attacking planes and collapsing structures. Check out our Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta map flythroughs to see the arenas.

What Uncharted 3 power plays are in the beta?
    As touched on in the multiplayer reveal, Uncharted 3 packs power plays. These are one-minute events that’ll occur in blowouts to give the losing team a fighting chance (although the winning team can benefit, too). The Uncharted 3 multiplayer packs four Power Plays.

• Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn’t die.
    • Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
    • Exposed - The winning team’s location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
    • Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.

What boosters are available in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
    Boosters — equipable abilities that affect gameplay — are back in Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, but they’ve been revamped. When you choose one of these abilities and use it, you earn experience points for it. So, you’re leveling up your profile and your abilities individually when you play the game. The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going to feature eight boosters spread over two slots.

Booster Slot 1 Options

• Come Here - See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.
    • Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.
    • Cloaked - Opponents won’t see you on the radar and you can’t be heard.
    • Weapon Expert - Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.

Booster Slot 2 Options

• Back in the Saddle - Reduces your respawn time.
    • Bargain - Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)
    • Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons.
    • Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

What Medal Kickbacks are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
    Before you start a match, you decide which Medal Kickback you want to use. When you’re out there on the battlefield and start earning medals, you start building toward your kickback. Get the amount of medals needed to use the kickback, and you can pull off the uber-maneuver.

• Smoke Bomb - You vanish in a puff of smoke.
    • Speedy G - You get a speed boost.
    • RPG!!! - You instantly spawn an RPG.
    • Cluster Bomb - One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.

What guns are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
    AK-47, G-Mal and the Dragon Sniper round out the long guns. Pistols are also included, and the above Medal Kickback confirms RPGs.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chop

Really? All that in a beta? That seems kinda crazy...usually there is only one mode and one map O_o

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heltom92

Oh yea I totally forgot this was coming. Awesome. Really liked UC2 multiplayer and this looks even better.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By tebbit

I'm so happy they're putting split-screen in. That's the one thing I thought was missing from UC2.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MYCAELIS93

No Caption Provided

Also if you couldnt tell from the screenshots which maps are featuring in the beta here's two screenshots of them 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Both featuring dynamic events such as attacking airplanes and collapsing buildings to keep players on their toes. Fly-throughs of both maps can be watched below.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IkariNoTekken

....and, this is why I waited a few days to activate my free 30 day PS+ subscription. 

Hugely excited for this.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    No Caption Provided

Participating in the coming Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta will net you a handful of rewards and goodies ready for the game’s launch in November if you satisfy the correct criteria.

• Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
    • Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
    • Complete 5 matches in every mode of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
    • Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack!
    • Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Can't wait! (:

Levianth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Levianth
    @MYCAELIS93: Woah, 10 matches in each gamemode? I'm not sure how long games run for, but that seems like a bit steep of a criteria for alot of players.
    MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    @Levianth said:
    @MYCAELIS93: Woah, 10 matches in each gamemode? I'm not sure how long games run for, but that seems like a bit steep of a criteria for alot of players.
    yeh but they probably dont want give away gifts like candy, they wanna give them to dedicated players
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SSully

So I am to lazy to check, but can we redeem our codes now and download it? Or do we have to wait for tuesday? If I remember correctly you were able to download the Uncharted 2 beta early, but you couldn't play it until the official day the servers were up.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    @SSully said:

So I am to lazy to check, but can we redeem our codes now and download it? Or do we have to wait for tuesday? If I remember correctly you were able to download the Uncharted 2 beta early, but you couldn't play it until the official day the servers were up.

I just checked with my InFAMOUS 2 Uncharted 3 beta code and its not working yet so it seems we will have to download it 2moz
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WinterSnowblind

How many game modes are there? 10 doesn't seem too bad a requirement, you only have to finish the matches after all, not necessarily win them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Yummylee
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    How many game modes are there? 10 doesn't seem too bad a requirement, you only have to finish the matches after all, not necessarily win them.
    There'll be six competitive modes and three cooperative, though both the coop and comp in-game achievements are separate. Either way, with around three weeks available to the beta I don't think it would be as difficult as some may expect.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By jacdg

I can't wait to see the Creepy Crawler Kickback in action, I'm a sizzy when it comes to spiders (even in games, yes) so I they aren't that bad, because just knowing they might be a big part of both multiplayer and single player is enough to make me not buy the game... fuck I sound like an idiot.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    @JacDG said:

I can't wait to see the Creepy Crawler Kickback in action, I'm a sizzy when it comes to spiders (even in games, yes) so I they aren't that bad, because just knowing they might be a big part of both multiplayer and single player is enough to make me not buy the game... fuck I sound like an idiot.

i dont think it will be in the SP, i mean come on this aint The Mummy :).
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jacdg

@MYCAELIS93 said:

@JacDG said:

They showed a section in the single player trailer where Drake kept a horde of spiders/scarabs away with his torch, so to some extent they are, but it might just be that tiny section, which I could stand to play through alone, or just make a friend do it for me.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By theoldhouse

Definitely gonna check this out

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    @JacDG said:

@MYCAELIS93 said:

@JacDG said:

They showed a section in the single player trailer where Drake kept a horde of spiders/scarabs away with his torch, so to some extent they are, but it might just be that tiny section, which I could stand to play through alone, or just make a friend do it for me.

lol yeh it will probably feature some spiders and other creepy crawlers, but not to the extent where its gonna be used as a weapon and be used throughout the game.

are you really that afraid of spiders, i mean come on its a video game haha its not gonna jump out of the screen
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By spankingaddict
    @MYCAELIS93 said:
    @Twitchey said:
    I was going to say "old news is old", but since you added all this information I won't be a dick.  I think everyone (Who wants to play) on PSN will be playing this considering everyone is a PS Plus subscriber right now.
    Yeh i know its old new haha, i just wanted to put all info into one thread so people dont have to look around, i will update if we get new info :)
    Thanks for the info. Didn't realize this. Can't wait!!
    JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38  Edited By JTB123

I was looking forward to this, but the code I got with my copy of Infamous 2 doesn't work for whatever reason, which really sucks.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SamStrife
    @JTB123 said:
    I was looking forward to this, but the code I got with my copy of Infamous 2 doesn't work for whatever reason, which really sucks.
    Because it hasn't been uploaded to the store yet.  Patience my friend.
    left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By left4doof
    @JTB123: Its not available for download yet.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jacdg

@MYCAELIS93 said:

lol yeh it will probably feature some spiders and other creepy crawlers, but not to the extent where its gonna be used as a weapon and be used throughout the game. are you really that afraid of spiders, i mean come on its a video game haha its not gonna jump out of the screen

Yeah, I know it's sounds idiotic, it's practically the only thing I'm afraid of, but then again I'm dead scared of 'em, even though it's quite irrational.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42  Edited By JTB123
    @left4doof: @SamStrife: Well that makes perfect sense, I'm really gald I held onto the code now.
    Avatar image for masterindisguise
    Masterindisguise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Masterindisguise

I'm excited for this. Even though I got raped in the UC2 beta lol

SHAKIRALOVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SHAKIRALOVER

More importantly is there a Nates Theme 3.0?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

So I'll start my download tomorrow morning, and will eventually be able to play the beta on Wednesday afternoon.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By left4doof
    @Masterindisguise: Raped is a bit of strong word ,don't you think?
    Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By Bwast
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    Not really a big fan of competitive multiplayer, but I got a code with inFamous 2 and might as well use it.
    Word.
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Ramone

@Bwast said:

@WinterSnowblind said:
    Word.

Double Word

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MYCAELIS93
    No Caption Provided

The beta is set to start at 2 PM PDT today, so go anywhere because today is the day YOU get to play Uncharted 3 :)
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @MYCAELIS93 said:

The beta is set to start at 2 PM PDT today, so go anywhere because today is the day YOU get to play Uncharted 3 :)

Unless of course you live in Europe or Australia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.