Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

Valkyria Chronicles:Impressions Are Correct, It's Art Attack Time

unangbangkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By unangbangkay

It came out yesterday, and what I said in the initial demo impressions holds true. It's a great-looking and well-polished tactical game, but it still comes with some niggling flaws that keep the experience from flowing as well as it could.

I'm of the opinion that the game doesn't quite merit the glowing reviews it's been getting, perhaps due to its novelty for gamers not well-versed in Japanese sRPGs (even then it's quite innovative), but mind you it's still a must-have for anyone interested in sRPGs, interesting visuals, anime, or worthwhile PS3 exclusives. The demo is available on PSN, and is thankfully no longer linked to an episode of Qore (small mercies), I suggest you hit it up. Those looking for a more comprehensive appraisal can refer to my own (glowing) review.

My ulterior motive for including yet another post about VC is that I've found out who the lead artist is: Raita Honjou. Also known as Zettai Shoujo, Raita has produced many good doujinshi of the safe and unsafe variety, and his signature style carries over into the game, perfectly suited to the visual effects. And now I will post (safe) images from my Raita collection. I have yet to find some of his more professional work, but if I ever do get my hands on them...

And now, some Raita:

Kill Bill by Raita
    Kill Bill by Raita
    Raita's Militaria
    Raita's Militaria
    Raita's Gizmo II
    Raita's Gizmo II
    unangbangkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By unangbangkay

It came out yesterday, and what I said in the initial demo impressions holds true. It's a great-looking and well-polished tactical game, but it still comes with some niggling flaws that keep the experience from flowing as well as it could.

I'm of the opinion that the game doesn't quite merit the glowing reviews it's been getting, perhaps due to its novelty for gamers not well-versed in Japanese sRPGs (even then it's quite innovative), but mind you it's still a must-have for anyone interested in sRPGs, interesting visuals, anime, or worthwhile PS3 exclusives. The demo is available on PSN, and is thankfully no longer linked to an episode of Qore (small mercies), I suggest you hit it up. Those looking for a more comprehensive appraisal can refer to my own (glowing) review.

My ulterior motive for including yet another post about VC is that I've found out who the lead artist is: Raita Honjou. Also known as Zettai Shoujo, Raita has produced many good doujinshi of the safe and unsafe variety, and his signature style carries over into the game, perfectly suited to the visual effects. And now I will post (safe) images from my Raita collection. I have yet to find some of his more professional work, but if I ever do get my hands on them...

And now, some Raita:

Kill Bill by Raita
    Kill Bill by Raita
    Raita's Militaria
    Raita's Militaria
    Raita's Gizmo II
    Raita's Gizmo II
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

Love the artwork in this game, this and the new Naruto for PS3 really nailed the feeling of playing in an actual movie or TV show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.