Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Anyone else annoyed with the drop of Player Choice Titles?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

I actually brought it up with a few people.  Both concurrently agree with me that the drop of the Player Choice line sucks.   For those who don't know what the player choice is, when a game on a Nintendo platform sells over 1 million copies, the game becomes repackaged and sold as "player's choice", at a discounted price.  Usually the price drop will be around $19.99.  It was mainly used as a deterrence against buying used games.

Keep in mind that Nintendo is trading the "Player Choice" concept out for the "evergreen" belief to keep games on store shelves longer.
    There is some truth to that.  In contrast to Sony and Microsoft, it is fairly hard to look for old titles made in 2006 and 2007 unless it is a player's choice title.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PlayStation-3-PS3/PlayStation-3-PS3-Video-Games/abcat0703002.c?id=abcat0703002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Video-Games/abcat0701002.c?id=abcat0701002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo-Wii/Wii-Video-Games/abcat0706002.c?id=abcat0706002   

Also, it is not impossible to find these old games, however, it is very hard to find Xbox360 games made in 2005 and 2006.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

I am too, but Nintendo is lowering their prices. NPC Pikmin and Big Brain Academy, for example, are now $20, and Metroid Prime 3 is technically at a lower price when included with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

But I do miss the official Player's Choice titles.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By mordecaix7

It doesn't bother me too much.  If I REALLY want a game, I can find it online for a good price in good condition.  Plus I know the location of at least 7 Gamestops and 2 independent retailers around me where I'll have a good chance of finding what I want.

Plus I never cared for the super ugly box art... that was always a huge beef with me.  I LOVE box art.

GoronSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GoronSurvivor

you know, I was actually having a conversation with my buddy about this very topic, at the time we were just saying how it was odd that we couldn't find any players choice games for the Wii.. wasn't until now that i actually realized Nintendo had completely removed them from their catalog. So all in all i guess i'm a little disappointed about this.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Willy105

Nintendo of Japan actually does have Player's Choice for the Wii, but it goes by it's Japan name of "Best Price".

RE4 Wii Edition is one of them:

Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Haziqonfire

I miss the players choice too -- though Nintendo titles usually always sell well .. so I doubt we'll see any price drops for those anytime soon.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

They just seem to have permanent lower shelf prices in Australia and I am fine with that, as it has the same effect.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.