Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Capcom Reply To Reggie

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Not long ago, NoA President, Reggie Fils Aime put out a direct question to Capcom, querying as to why RE5 and SF4 are not on Wii.

Capcom have replied:

Both 'Resident Evil 5' and 'Street Fighter IV' were designed for high-definition graphics systems using Capcom's current in-house engine called MT Framework. To get 'RE5 or 'Street Fighter IV' out on the Wii, we would have to create all-new versions of both of these games, which is something we're not opposed to doing. So the intention of both 'RE5 and 'Street Fighter IV' was to go for graphical showcases, which is not what the center of the bullseye Wii is aiming for. However, we do have a lot of 'Resident Evil' action happening on the Wii and hopefully we will have more in the future.

Chris Kramer, communications director, Capcom

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

Too bad they had to play nice, I couldn't just say, "cuz your system sucks."

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

The correct answer should have been:

Capcom said:
    "I don't know, man; why's Mega Man not in Smash Bros. Brawl?  BURN, MOTHERFUCKER!"

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    iAmJohn said:
    "The correct answer should have been:

Capcom said:
    "I don't know, man; why's Mega Man not in Smash Bros. Brawl?  BURN, MOTHERFUCKER!"

"
    Yes, EXACTLY.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    iAmJohn said:

Capcom said:

"
    GAHAHAHAHA!
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru

One of the main reasons that RE5 differs from RE4 other than graphics is the fact that it has online co-op. In simple matters, even if Capcom could implement online co-op through the WIi, it would no doubt be a lot harder to get into a friend's game compared to XBL and PSN.

iAmJohn
    said:

Capcom said:
    "I don't know, man; why's Mega Man not in Smash Bros. Brawl?  BURN, MOTHERFUCKER!""
    Capcom had promised three exclusive titles for the Gamecube, one of which was RE4, later ported to PS2 and PC. There were several sources that said Nintendo was still upset about them porting the game, so that's why Capcom was not involved in Brawl.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Thunder

wow what a nice way to say the wii sucks

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Don't fuck with Reggie. Just don't bother. You'll lose. He'll piledrive you into an inferno and walk out of it unscathed. That is just a portion of how awesome Reggie is.

Still seems like Capcom are politely saying they don't think the Wii is right for those particular games. Can't knock them for being somewhat honest.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Thunder said:
    "wow what a nice way to say the wii sucks"
    I believe you are misguided in your overall opinions on the current console war.

. . . that's a nice way of me saying YOU SUCK, MUTHA!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.