Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

EU Wii & DSi Shop Updates 12/06/09

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Virtual Console:

Super Smash Bros 64
    will be available to download tomorrow on the European Virtual Console for 1000 Nintendo Points.

(Japan has had the title since January, although at a higher cost of 1500 Nintendo Points)

WiiWare
    :

Cocoto Platform Jumper, a conversion of the PlayStation 2 game of the same name. A platformer  with 40 vertical levels. The game will be available for 700 Nintendo Points.

DSiWare
    :

Gameloft's Asphalt 4: Elite Racing offers 28 cars, eight cities to race through, four-player multiplayer and car customization with the DSi Camera. The game will be available for 800 Nintendo Points.

Hudson Soft's Sudoku 150! For Challengers,
    is self-explanatory; 150 different Sudoku puzzles for those fully versed in the art of Sudoku. The game will be availble for 500 Nintendo Points.

Thanks to ONM U.K

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Is Smash out in the US already?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Is Smash out in the US already? "
    Nope, they seem they want to give the Europeans a lot of VC stuff ahead of the Americans in trade of later release dates in the US.  Same thing happened with Majora's Mask.  However, maybe this is in trade of slower retail release dates.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Godwind said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    Nope, they seem they want to give the Europeans a lot of VC stuff ahead of the Americans in trade of later release dates in the US.  Same thing happened with Majora's Mask.  However, maybe this is in trade of slower retail release dates. "

I have that impression also.

In hindsight I should have mentioned Smash in the title, to rub it in :)

I would happily swap these VC releases for sooner disc releases.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "
    @Godwind said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    Nope, they seem they want to give the Europeans a lot of VC stuff ahead of the Americans in trade of later release dates in the US.  Same thing happened with Majora's Mask.  However, maybe this is in trade of slower retail release dates. "
    I have that impression also.In hindsight I should have mentioned Smash in the title, to rub it in :)I would happily swap these VC releases for sooner disc releases. "
    Me too  :-)

Just a question I am too lazy to look up LS, do you have to download DSiWare through the Wii or the DSi.  I assumed it to be the DSi direct, but it is Nintendo we are talking about  xP
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "
    @Godwind said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    I have that impression also.In hindsight I should have mentioned Smash in the title, to rub it in :)I would happily swap these VC releases for sooner disc releases. "
    Me too  :-)

Just a question I am too lazy to look up LS, do you have to download DSiWare through the Wii or the DSi.  I assumed it to be the DSi direct, but it is Nintendo we are talking about  xP
    "

It's done through the DSi direct. There's no DSi specific software to be downloaded via your Wii at present.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said: 
    It's done through the DSi direct. There's no DSi specific software to be downloaded via your Wii at present. "
    Thank Mario for that then  :-)    At least that is one Nintendo console I can get online.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "
    @Godwind said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:

I'm not really sure I am that interested in Smash 64.  I put more hours into Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  Although I did like some of the same stage designs. 

I sometimes wonder why Nintendo never made DLC for Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It probably would have been a better game for it.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

There's much they could have done to make that game better, but yeah, DLC would have been good, but sadly Brawl came before Nintendo got going with the whole DLC thing. Something which they're still pretty weak at offering.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

You're only getting Cocoto Platform jumper now? I would have expected it to come out in Europe before North America, or maybe just shortly after like they did with Cocoto Fishing Master.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " There's much they could have done to make that game better, but yeah, DLC would have been good, but sadly Brawl came before Nintendo got going with the whole DLC thing. Something which they're still pretty weak at offering. "
    Brawl had a lot weaknesses in itself.

-Stage Edited stuff needed both a Wii Code and Friend Code.
    -Uploading stages had to be done through third party support.
    -Lack of online features to mess with.
    -No Leaderboards or anything.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Endogene

Asphalt 4 is supposed to be a rather impressive game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.