Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

First-Person Megaman

• 51 results
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PureRok

Think about this: Retro Studios and Capcom work together to make a First-Person Megaman. I mean, Retro did a great job with the Metroid Prime trilogy and I think they could pull off a Megaman game with the same basic controls as Metroid Prime 3. Capcom could come up with all of the... stuff they come up with in each Megaman.

You know, something like that. I think it'd be pretty awesome, especially considering that Megaman and Metroid are so similar.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

But Retro is still a Nintendo second party :P

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PureRok

Doesn't matter. It's all hypothetical.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I agree with what Keiji Inafune said. I can't really see a Megaman game in first person being good.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PureRok

When have there been puzzles in Megaman?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, Megaman is all about skill really. If they somehow managed to offer a challenge in FPV then I'd play it.that would be pretty hard to do properly. You can't exactly limit someone into shooting only forward in a FPS and have it feel good... I guess it's one series that can't make the jump and retain its spirit. Not that I would mind seeing it done anyway, just not as a replacement for the series.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Kenji Inafune is against the idea, he said so at  Megamanniversary. For him it would defeat what the core gameplay of Megaman which is puzzle solving and platforming, not shooting skills and immersion."
    And yet they made a 3D megaman http://www.giantbomb.com/mega-man-legends/61-7901/
    Completely different gameplay.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Willy105

Could work greatly.

Megaman needs to come back for a next-gen game, not a NES game no matter how great it was.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By brukaoru
    Endogene said:
    "And yet they made a 3D megaman http://www.giantbomb.com/mega-man-legends/61-7901/
    Completely different gameplay."
    Keiji must not think it would work out right in a first person perspective. But sadly, it doesn't really matter what he thinks, because Capcom could make a first person Megaman game without Keiji.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Vaxadrin

The key leads at Retro have left and formed their own studio, so it wouldn't even be any of the people who made Metroid Prime great.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Vaxadrin said:
    "The key leads at Retro have left and formed their own studio, so it wouldn't even be any of the people who made Metroid Prime great."
      Three people, all from different areas of development, are hardly the key to Retro's success.

From the Prime 3 credits, the names in bold are the people who left.

Game Director Mark Pacini (under 3 producers) had two people under him for Senior Design, Tom Ivey and Wikan. 6 more members for Design and 3 more contract designers.

Jack Matthews was second to the Engineering Director, Frank Lafuente and had three people under him, Mark Haigh, Steve McCrea and Marco Thrust. 10 more engineers under them.

Todd Keller had Elben Schafers under him as the Principal Art, 5 more people for Senior Art and 9 more permanent staff for Art and 7 more contract work artists.

This isn't including the special thanks and isn't including staff for sections that aren't tied to the expertise of these people, like animation and, more importantly, audio and music. Something like 100 people total in the studio.

Hardly a death warrant for Retro Studios, is it? I'm sure all the subordinates are by now equally skilled thanks to their experience with these three titles. Who knows, maybe the ascendance of the next people in the hierarchy will bring some fresh ideas... In any case, from the likes of Spector and Romero we know you need more than a supposed brilliant designer to have a good game.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaxadrin

Lead designer, art lead, and lead programmer are pretty important.  It's not like some random QA tester left.

I'm okay with that, though, because I'm sure their new studio will be working with the current gen consoles, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what such talented people can do when not limited by hardware.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

If you notice from my post, the programmer was actually second in the hierarchy, not first. And do you really think all the rest people close to them haven't contributed enough to be able to take on the lead by now? Again, Spector is the prime example that shows a good team is needed for a good game (Deus Ex) and a lead designer can make a horrible one without them (Deus Ex 2).

Not to mention we don't even know who really did most of the important work of any process, be it design or actual development. They might as well have had more or less equal contributions and only retain titles thanks to seniority or whatever other reason.

Also, the new studio is only going to develop prototypes for EA, they'll then outsource the actual work to different cheap studios abroad. I doubt that can offer the same quality as a dedicated passionate for their games team offered the Prime series.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't undervalue it, I'm just saying if his style is what is needed, then the people working with him all these years, especially Schafers, can likely replicate it, while we've yet to be able to judge them on their own merit, which may very well bring great fresh ideas. They're also far from just grunts doing the dirty work or anything remotely close to that.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'd also like to note nothing tells us they'll never make Wii projects while at EA. I think EA would be stupid not to use them for that, since they're obviously interested in Wii development, considering the know how they could offer to their other studios... Imagine if they had been with EA sooner and they were able to use an engine of similar quality to Prime 3's for Cursed Mountain (which looks fine but not spectacular).

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaxadrin

I swear to god Alex if you're not a Nintendo viral marketer I will eat my fucking hat.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

Great argument.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Rowr
    Vaxadrin said:
    "I swear to god Alex if you're not a Nintendo viral marketer I will eat my fucking hat."
    I think his mum bought him a wii for christmas and refuses to get him a current gen console.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaxadrin

It's not an argument.  I'm just saying the spin from you reaches political pundit levels.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Willy105
    Vaxadrin said:
    "I swear to god Alex if you're not a Nintendo viral marketer I will eat my fucking hat."
    I don't see anything to make me believe he is in any way related to Nintendo at all. In fact, what I used to do was WAY more suspicious.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Rowr said:
    "Vaxadrin said:
    I think his mum bought him a wii for christmas and refuses to get him a current gen console."
    Guess what, people - who aren't moms - sometimes have jobs. Why would I want your warped definition of what is a current gen console when I have a high performing PC and a Wii, thus getting the best of all worlds?
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Why would I want your warped definition of what is a current gen console when I have a high performing PC and a Wii, thus getting the best of all worlds?"

Because Little Big Planet & Halo 3 are awesome.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

Little Big Planet isn't out yet and a good FPS is hardly what's lacking from the PC library...

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaxadrin

STIMULUS RESPONSE
    STIMULUS RESPONSE
    STIMULUS RESPONSE

NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

RATIONALIZATION RATIONALIZATION RATIONALIZATION

I could list 100 games that are awesome and eclusive to the PS3 & 360 and you would break down each one in a wall of text detailing why it's okay that you don't get to play them, and how the Wii has something better.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Al3xand3r

While it would be ok and not fanboyish of you to be trying to put the WIi down as worse by listing all those titles, as if the Wii doesn't have great games itself, right? Not to mention my last response had nothing related to Nintendo but anyway...

I don't think you've seen me claim the Wii is the best system to have (in general, I do think it's the best for me, since I also have a gaming PC and don't feel the need for another system, too many games to play already you know) either, mostly just defending it from retards acting like Imagine Babiez is all it has to offer and trying to show it's as worthy as any other system, not more so.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaxadrin

I at no point said the Wii was devoid of good titles.  It's got plenty of them.  I was merely trying to illustrate how (unknowingly?) defensive you are of it.  If someone says a Wii game looks shitty, you claim it's bias against the Wii.  When websites don't report on those shitty games because they look shitty, you claim it's bias against the Wii.  When people who have grown weary of fucking terrible Sonic games don't get excited about another one, you claim it's bias against the Wii.  You need to give it a rest, man.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r

Or, you know, you're just wrong and are way too obsessed with me, I hope you keep it civil this time at least...

I never said you did that directly by the way, but if you listed those titles in a debate like this then why couldn't I also list the reasons I don't NEED them and the good games I can have that aren't on other systems, to show I have more than enough to play as I am?

I also never asked for websites to cover shitty games, if you refer to the bias thread (why not keep the discussion there?) I specifically mentioned many, many promising titles, and not shitty ones, much like Monster Hunter 3, which now gets coverage thanks to TGS among other games I wanted to see covered previously so I guess some of it was just journalist ignorance... Besides, to keep this on topic, Unleashed certainly gets a lot of coverage and you say you think it too will be shitty. But hey, it's not a Wii exclusive so it deserves it, hur?

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaxadrin

EDIT

And again, you go back and edit all your posts after I respond because I don't hit quote.  It's disingenuous to the discussion at hand.  If any readers want to see what I'm actually responding to, you can go read his feed, and see the jarring difference in the knee-jerk responses and the post-edits.

Al3xand3r said:
    "Or, you know, you're just wrong and are way too obsessed with me, I hope you keep it civil this time at least...

I never said you did that directly by the way, but if you listed those titles in a debate like this then why couldn't I also list the reasons I don't NEED them and the good games I can have that aren't on other systems, to show I have more than enough to play as I am?

I also never asked for websites to cover shitty games, if you refer to the bias thread (why not keep the discussion there?) I specifically mentioned many, many promising titles, and not shitty ones, much like Monster Hunter 3, which now gets coverage thanks to TGS among other games I wanted to see covered previously so I guess some of it was just journalist ignorance... Besides, to keep this on topic, Unleashed certainly gets a lot of coverage and you say you think it too will be shitty. But hey, it's not a Wii exclusive so it deserves it, hur?"
    Was originally:

"Or, you know, you're just wrong. Thank you for playing. "
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Virago

I would just like to say that i play wii and agree that it's more of a toy than a Gaming System.

As a nintendoist, i recognize that i am falable and prone to cheesiness. 
    with that said.
    long live mario kart.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rowr
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Monster Hunter 3, which now gets coverage thanks to TGS among other games I wanted to see covered previously so I guess some of it was just journalist lazyness.. Besides, to keep this on topic, Unleashed certainly gets a lot of coverage and you say you think it too will be shitty. But hey, it's not a Wii exclusive so it deserves it, hur?"
    Monster hunter sells a truckload in japan, thats the reason for that, as far as the force unleashed.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

Monster Hunter is just a good series, period. Getting mixed reviews in the west doesn't mean it's bad, it only shows it's a love it or hate it game. Unleashed as in, Sonic Unleashed.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rowr
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Rowr said:
    "Vaxadrin said:
    I think his mum bought him a wii for christmas and refuses to get him a current gen console."
    Guess what, people - who aren't moms - sometimes have jobs. Why would I want your warped definition of what is a current gen console when I have a high performing PC and a Wii, thus getting the best of all worlds?"

I have to second this.

All these slights on consoles are BS.

These are dark times for Nintendo peeps on the surface, but for those of us that know, there are indeed awesome games on the way, games that will astound many with how beautifully they are crafted. Nintendo without any doubt has the largest and most loyal fanbase within the industry, It's perfectly understandable that those with a strong like for the company will defend it when they see fit and have a valid argument to put across as he does. If he seems to defend it staunchly perhaps it may well have to do with adverse climate others create when they mock at every opportunity. Somethimes without good reason as I have noted in the past. I would cease to be here if Giant Bomb became a place where others will mock other members opinions and console choices.
    "
    Its hard when the guy disputes absolutely any opinion with ridiculous wii defensiveness.

It blatantly shows his insecurity for the system.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Vaxadrin said:
    "

EDIT

And again, you go back and edit all your posts after I respond because I don't hit quote.  It's disingenuous to the discussion at hand.  If any readers want to see what I'm actually responding to, you can go read his feed, and see the jarring difference in the knee-jerk responses and the post-edits.
    Or you know, you replied too fast while I was still editing. That's the only post where the meaning changed from the edits also. And you had no problem editing yours, why not edit it into an actual reply instead of more trash talking? You did trash talk up there anyway, why should I respond properly to such bs? My initial response you quote was just fine and yet I did edit it into a proper response just to keep it more civil. I'm sure I'm not the only person who edits his posts and trying to make it sound like I edited it specifically to make your response appear out of place, considering you have the same ability to edit as I do, is even lower. It's not like I edited it two days later or something. Thank you for playing :)
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vaxadrin

I edit my posts to fix grammar & spelling mistakes inspired by the rage you fuel in me.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rowr
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Al3xand3r

Its hard when the guy disputes absolutely any opinion with ridiculous wii defensiveness.

It blatantly shows his insecurity for the system."
    You're one to talk about ridiculousness, talking as if the Wii is not a "current gen console" haha. Again, one can't defend what's not attacked.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead

Al3x, can you not see how you come across as a totally raging fanboy? I have yet to see you say anything even slightly negative towards the Wii or in fact say anything about anything not Wii related.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Virago
    Rowr said:
    "
    "
    two things i love: rowr and wii.
    <3
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Snail

Guys, guys! It's only someone day dreming of their perfect game! It's only hypothetical!

P.S.: Using Zero Punctuation as a reply is not considered a valid argument.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Al3xand3r
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Al3x, can you not see how you come across as a totally raging fanboy? I have yet to see you say anything even slightly negative towards the Wii or in fact say anything about anything not Wii related."
    Why would I say something negative in some random thread like this one? Just to justify myself to you? You've probably just seen me comment on good promising games (why waste time talking of the bad ones? I don't feel like making an Imagine Babiez thread, are the PS3 forums full of Haze threads?) or to defend the Wii against some stupid accusation like "zomg no good gaems" or "just casual crap" or "not current gen" or "360/PS3 much bettar" etc. I don't think I've taken part in some rational discussion about the Wii's high and low points so why would you assume I think it's the perfect system? Again I've never even claimed it's better than any other system, I have only defended it against ridiculous raging.

Besides, I don't think any system is about good and bad points, it's all about the games and, again, I've mostly focused on discussion about good games. I don't think you've seen me saying Imagine Babiez 2 looks promising though, nor go to random 360/PS3 threads to trash a particular (good or bad) game and talk about the WIi having better as you see happen in this board all too often, which is the type of action that calls for a defense which merely points out the good games the Wii has or similar.

Hell, how did this "you blindfolded Wii lover" attitude spring in here just because I said Retro Studios didn't necessarily lose what they had going for them just because 3 members left, even if 2 of them were important leads? Me giving the possibility they can still make good games is somehow fanboyish while acting like you KNOW they've lost it all (saying ALL that made Prime great is gone) is rational and valid?
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By BoG

Ok children, stop picking on Alex. I mean it. Let's get back to the real discussion.
    I wouldn't buy a Mega Man FPS. I don't know why. It just seems off to me. If someone made a mock up or something, it might aid my imagination, but this visual I have created in my head doesn't make me want it. Not to mention, vanishing block puzzles in first person would suck.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'd buy it if it was Prime quality but that doesn't mean I would consider it a real megaman game, just an awesome adventure FPS which happens to have some of my favorite characters from other series... I would certainly not want to see the whole series replaced by this concept as it offers very unique gameplay in its current form and it's not gameplay you can translate into FPS or even just 3D easy. You know, like Exe didn't replace the normal series, it's just used it as an overal setting for a new approach.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Snail
    BoG said:
    "Ok children, stop picking on Alex. I mean it. Let's get back to the real discussion.
    I wouldn't buy a Mega Man FPS. I don't know why. It just seems off to me. If someone made a mock up or something, it might aid my imagination, but this visual I have created in my head doesn't make me want it. Not to mention, vanishing block puzzles in first person would suck."
    That be true! But that was probably most people opinion about Metroid way back when it was only 2D. So you never know!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Rowr said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Rowr said:
    "Vaxadrin said:
    Guess what, people - who aren't moms - sometimes have jobs. Why would I want your warped definition of what is a current gen console when I have a high performing PC and a Wii, thus getting the best of all worlds?"

I have to second this.

All these slights on consoles are BS.

These are dark times for Nintendo peeps on the surface, but for those of us that know, there are indeed awesome games on the way, games that will astound many with how beautifully they are crafted. Nintendo without any doubt has the largest and most loyal fanbase within the industry, It's perfectly understandable that those with a strong like for the company will defend it when they see fit and have a valid argument to put across as he does. If he seems to defend it staunchly perhaps it may well have to do with adverse climate others create when they mock at every opportunity. Somethimes without good reason as I have noted in the past. I would cease to be here if Giant Bomb became a place where others will mock other members opinions and console choices.
    "

It blatantly shows his insecurity for the system."

I don't think it's insecurity, I just think he is aware of some of the things I am.....but away from that, perhaps he can be a bit heavy in his defensive tone, but others have courted that from the little I have seen.

I myself have not walked into being a Wii owner blindly, lol, I knew full well what the console aims were before in bought the console, and know now that they have failed in meeting some. But those aspects are ultimately minor, besides, restriction forces creativity as I know too well from my professional role. I know what amazing games are on the way and I knew that the first time I saw the console. Traditional Japanese Kyoto companies such as Nintendo imbue products they make with spirit locked within design, this is according to shinto belief. When I saw the Wii I instantly saw the spirit of the NES was alive and well, in fact I said it.. I know for a fact the console will deliver, deliver with awesome games that will live long in the memory. For now we have only seen flashes of the Wii's brilliance, others can choose to mock that view, but they would be wrong in doing so. I have all the consoles and a tip top gaming spec PC and I can say that quick fast with ease. I have already played some awesome games and had gaming experiences that rival all others.

The prime criticism of the Wii being a "Toy" is the most nonsensical one for me.  The Wii is a console just like any other, if that is ones rationale you might as well call the 360 and PS3 a toy, as most mothers do ...The Wii a console capable of playing all manner of software, be it hardcore or whatever you choose to call the casual form. Ultimately, the latter plays it's part to the benefit of Nintendo and the games and consoles they can make in future.

As analytical person I recently find myself trying to wonder what a certain fractions are going to say when all these amazing Nintendo games turn up lol, I honestly do. I know these games will be as powerful in concept and on par via artistry, and as immersive as you see on other platforms. It's happening, Nintendo have done exactly what they set out on doing(evil plan lol), they have broadened the audience and now they are going to shower them with awesome games, with a new generation of gamers to follow. Take a wait and see approach, that's all I am saying to any Wii disbelievers ;)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Al3xand3r

Our difference is I mostly speak of games we've already seen and know are amazing having played them or they seem they're going to be :P
    I'm not forgetting of Nintendo's qualities, just putting them on hold until we see those games they've announced they're making :)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By BoG
    Snail said:
    "BoG said:
    "Ok children, stop picking on Alex. I mean it. Let's get back to the real discussion.
    I wouldn't buy a Mega Man FPS. I don't know why. It just seems off to me. If someone made a mock up or something, it might aid my imagination, but this visual I have created in my head doesn't make me want it. Not to mention, vanishing block puzzles in first person would suck."
    That be true! But that was probably most people opinion about Metroid way back when it was only 2D. So you never know!"
    Yes, but I could at least imagine a traditional Metroid enemy in 3D. I just can't imagine those hard hat guys and being able to take it seriously.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol, true, I didn't think of that.... I guess it could end up as horrible as that Vectorman 3D game on PS2 I think... If they ever released it...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Snail
    BoG said:
    "Snail said:
    "BoG said:
    That be true! But that was probably most people opinion about Metroid way back when it was only 2D. So you never know!"
    Yes, but I could at least imagine a traditional Metroid enemy in 3D. I just can't imagine those hard hat guys and being able to take it seriously."

You have a point. Unless several things are changed (that would really remove that Megaman feel) the game wouldn't probably work. You convinced me.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Snail
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Lol, true, I didn't think of that.... I guess it could end up as horrible as that Vectorman 3D game on PS2 I think... If they ever released it..."

There was a Vectorman 3D project?! Dear Lord.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Al3xand3r

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.