Good action/3D platformer games on Wii?

#1 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I'm finally caving in and buying a Wii. I have a lot of disposable income these days and it's like a quarter of a paycheck at this point, so I figured it'd be easier to just buy a Wii to play games like Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy.

So, are there any good action games or 3D platformers on the Wii? I'm not looking to play RPGs because I'm not a JRPG fan and have all of my RPG needs filled handily on the PC. I'm also not looking to get multiplatform games, I'm looking for stuff unique to the Wii. I'll be getting the Motion Plus/NSMB bundle, and I already have Skyward Sword (which I picked up last week on a whim, leading to my need to buy a Wii, because Motion+ seems difficult to impossible to get working on Dolphin from what I've heard).

I'm not a fan of most conventional Nintendo titles either, so stuff like Zelda isn't really in my wheelhouse. If it wasn't for the aesthetic/Motion+ of Skyward Sword I would be pretty much as uninterested in it as a person can be.

#2 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -
#3 Posted by audioBusting (1564 posts) -

I don't know if you'd consider the Trauma Center series action games but they're unique and intense.

#4 Posted by Tag (65 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country

Boom Blox

Animal Crossing

Little King Story

Okami

Zelda: Twilight Princess

#5 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Does Klonoa count as a 3D platformer? It is locked on a 2D plane.

#6 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are probably the best 3D platformers on the system. Unless you really have a thing against Nintendo, they are worth a look.

#7 Posted by JasonR86 (9715 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos:

The two DeBlob games are good. Rayman Origins is on the Wii. Klonoa is 2.5D but is very good. Mercury Meltdown Revolution isn't bad and you could probably buy it for a penny. Donkey Kong Country Returns is 2D but phenomenal. I didn't like it but some people really enjoy Lost in Shadow which, again, is 2D.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.