Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

So will the next Nintendo Console also cater to the Hardcore?

Kash_1095

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kash_1095

Or does Nintendo just not give a shit anymore?

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KingBroly

They'll have to cater to someone for 4 months.  I get the feeling they think their "core" audience will buy any game they put out, and that's not the case.  They're alienating their base to the point now where if they even tried to pander to them with their next console, they wouldn't listen.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By somesthetic

the next nintendo console will be an attachment that plugs into the wii remote that is an N64.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SSbabel

Ofcourse they will its all about the money, if they develop Zelda, Mario etc they are going to make money.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Nets

of corse u douche

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By azteris
    No. They won't 'cater' to them. They will still release Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. 
    efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By efrucht

I'm not too thrilled about Nintendo's next console.
    They aren't even that good, in all honesty. Miyamoto and Retro Studios are gaming gods, though, and I think they should either jump on board with Sony, or punch Nintendo in the balls for not giving them decent hardware to work with.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Earthbounder

The problem is that up to this generation we were all used to have the whole gaming market for us but now with the Nintendo Wii we have to deal with sharing it with casual gamers. The Wii caters to hardcore players, but some of us feel left behind because a few years ago we were the only focus of most companies. The next Nintendo system will cater to both audiences just like the Wii does but it will have improved motion controls and better graphics.

evilmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilmonkey

i really dont want motion controls
    just have a gamepad please nitendo dont make another wii i miss the good old days 

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RowdyRob

No. All we will ever get is Wii Sports, Fit and Music sequals.

/sarcasim.

Nintendo still do "give a shit" about the "core" gamers.

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lemmywinks_360
    RowdyRob said:
    "No. All we will ever get is Wii Sports, Fit and Music sequals.

/sarcasim.

"
    They care so much about the core, they announce nothing at e3. Don't even tell me that crap about pikmin 3, smg2, and wiizelda being made. Only reason he said that was because of the backlash after the press conference. Well see those games in late 2010- early 2011.
    Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vacancy009

The "core" gaming market is so miniscule compared to the "possible" gaming market that casual gaming might bring in so Nintendo is tapping that resource.  Nintendo had a great idea with the Wii just like Sony and M$ did with combing games with home multimedia entertainment.  It might be their downfall however, they have segretated themselves in many ways forcing gamers brought into gaming on their console to purchase other consoles for a more mature and in depth experience.  Not that the Wii won't have that, but I don't think it will ever have a lot of it.  Unless consoles and games start getting cheaper instead of more expensive, they will cater to all types of gamers or die out.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cube
    Lemmywinks_360 said:
    "RowdyRob said:

/sarcasim.

"
    They care so much about the core, they announce nothing at e3. Don't even tell me that crap about pikmin 3, smg2, and wiizelda being made. Only reason he said that was because of the backlash after the press conference. Well see those games in late 2010- early 2011.
    "
    So you're asking him to not remind you that core games are being made, just for the sake of your argument? Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario, and Kirby are all in development, what's the problem?
    Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lemmywinks_360
    Cube said:
    "Lemmywinks_360 said:
    "RowdyRob said:

/sarcasim.

"
    "
    So you're asking him to not remind you that core games are being made, just for the sake of your argument? Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario, and Kirby are all in development, what's the problem?
    "
    Show me one screen shot that pikmin,mario,zelda are real. Kirby has never even been mentioned.
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mushir

I don't think the next Nintendo Console is gonna cater to the hardcore. Because the Wii has got to be one of their most successful consoles yet. And it because of the casual gaming market. They are making tons of money. Yes there will still be a couple of good hardcore games but definitely not as many as you see on the 360 or PS3.

quadomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By quadomatic

Nintendo has pretty much sold the hardcore gamer down the river. After seeing Nintendo's press conference this year at E3, I'm convinced that we will not be seeing any more 1st party titles that are made to appeal to the hardcore gamer. I'm hoping that 3rd party developers like Suda51/Grasshopper, Konami, Capcom, High Voltage Software (The Conduit!!!!!) and others will continue to cater to the hardcore set.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By samcotts
    evilmonkey said:
    "i really dont want motion controls
    just have a gamepad please nitendo dont make another wii i miss the good old days "
    Exactly how I feel.

I wouldn't even mind if they stayed focused on casual games, as long as it had proper gamepads, I'd most likely buy it.
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giantkitty

Sure, the next-next gen of Wii : called the Wowwii will suit every "hardcore" gamer's need : just  enter  the number of members of your party and whether it's formal or informal, and they'll provide sandwhiches, soda and pie right to your door! You can even select if the delivery person will be Mario, Link, or Kirby!

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By RowdyRob
    Lemmywinks_360 said:
    "RowdyRob said:

/sarcasim.

"
    "
    Sure nothing big was announced at E3, but we still have titles like The Conduit, Fatal Frame, Wario Land and the likes on the way very soon.
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hazelnutman

But here's the thing:

There are more casuals than hardcore gamers, and that means more money.

Do you really think Nintendo will say "no" to money?

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I hope that Nintendo will actually use their "core" base that they have collected onto the Wii and start introducing them to non-crap games and a more powerful new Nintendo console, or else many of the "core" gamers will eventually grow out of the simpler games and move onto the Xbox or Playstation.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clarke0

They will probably release a new Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros. etc. but they aren't catering to the hardcore audience now so I don't see why they would change next gen. In a perfect world the current casual market would move upstream to play deeper games that could be considered more "hardcore", but I doubt that will happen. At least not to the point where there is no difference between hardcore and casual.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    efrucht said:
    "I'm not too thrilled about Nintendo's next console.
    They aren't even that good, in all honesty. Miyamoto and Retro Studios are gaming gods, though, and I think they should either jump on board with Sony, or punch Nintendo in the balls for not giving them decent hardware to work with.
    "
    Teh stupid.

Miyamoto proved that hardware isn't everything with Mario Galaxy. Also, didn't it occur to you that Miyamoto was close to the development of the Wii, as he is every Nintendo console?
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DualReaver

I figure the next system will cater to the occasional casual gamer.

"efrucht said:
    "
    Teh stupid.

Miyamoto proved that hardware isn't everything with Mario Galaxy. Also, didn't it occur to you that Miyamoto was close to the development of the Wii, as he is every Nintendo console?"
    But what if you combined good hardware and good game making?
    D: Think of the possibility's!
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    DualReaver said:
    "I figure the next system will cater to the occasional casual gamer.

"efrucht said:
    "
    Teh stupid.

Miyamoto proved that hardware isn't everything with Mario Galaxy. Also, didn't it occur to you that Miyamoto was close to the development of the Wii, as he is every Nintendo console?"
    But what if you combined good hardware and good game making?
    D: Think of the possibility's!"
    You would have Galaxy with HD graphics. I just thought of the possibilities, and I really couldn't care less. I liked not having to sell my left testicle to buy a Wii, and if that means less graphical output, then whatever. I've never had much fun playing the graphics in games anyway.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

It'll be a Wii Music 2 exclusive console with the way Nintendo has been going. :(

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nets

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.