Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

The flat out truth about the Wii

• 99 results
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By cstrang

I don't see the need for a topic such as this.  Enjoyment of different games and different consoles is all subjective.  But, that being said, I will state that my enjoyment of the Wii (yes, I do own one) and its games has been significantly less than my enjoyment of my Xbox and its games.  In my opinion, the Wii isn't as strong a console as the Xbox 360.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Godwind said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    "
    @Meowayne said:

" As second-in-command of the Wii defense force "

Lies.  We all know that Alex holds that title.   You're just a mere Brigadier General.          "
    And that would make me a Second Lieutenant?  I think it's a shame some people can't see the Wii for what it is, a great console with a mix of great games and features that you can't find on other consoles. And you can say that about the 360 and PS3, both have great games and their own advantages. "
    NEVER!!! CLASHING IDEOLOGIES MUST ALWAYS RESULT IN GENOCIDE!!!  FUCK RESOLVING OUR ISSUES, TAKE THE ENEMY OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!  P.S.  You are not part of the Army.  You're part of the Navy.  You get the title of Rear Admiral. "
    But your going up against two armies the ps3 and 360 nations would happily settle their differences to stomp out the wii menace. 
    Then once the wii is dealt with the ps3 and 360 nations will settle back into a uneasy time of peace. 
    fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By fuzzyponken
    @Fragstoff said:
    Shadow Complex?  Altitude?   There no definate answer to 'The Wii Question' .. all i know is i have a Wii and a gaming PC, and 95% of my gaming ends up being on the PC.  I'll bet this is the case with most people who have the Wii as a secondary console..  "
    Altitude is not a sidescroller either. 
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By End_Boss
    @Meowayne said:
    " @End_Boss said:
    " Roses are red, Violets are blue, Opinions cannot be right or wrong, So stop fucking crying already. "
    Opinions can be ill-founded and poorly argumented for. You cannot excuse everyone talking shit with "well, an opinion cannot be right or wrong". "
    No, but you sure can ignore 'em.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By oldschool
    @luce said:
    " I would like to sign up for this so called "Defense Force". Do I get to shoot guns? "
    As the declared leader of the Wii Defence Force, I say yes, you all get Hand Cannons.  Say hello to my little friends. 

No Caption Provided
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Meowayne

I have the Hand Cannons with the black grip. I win by default.

Wii Defence Force Special Weapons and Utilities
     Wii Defence Force Special Weapons and Utilities
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By oldschool

@Meowayne: 
    I like. 

And I have 13 of the same games as your image (I can't make out the one under the GC controller).  Do you use the Hand Cannons on RE4 & RE:UC?  I must go back and play with them, as they are awesome  (games and guns).

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By demontium
    @trophyhunter said:
    " I've been dealing with the Wii defense force for the last couple days, how they are talking about unfair criticisms of it and how there actually are great games on it.  The truth is if the non of criticisms that the wii is notorious for and if there was really a ton of great games on it like the 360 and ps3. It would not get 1/100th the flak it gets.   If there actually were as many great games and if the wii was as fun as the defense force so desperately says it is. Then no one would really disagree. it  would be like saying the 360 or ps3 has no good games which is not true becuse that's where all the good games are.  Basically if all of those criticisms were actualy unfair or untrue there would not need to be a Wii denfense force. The very existents of the Wii defense force proves my point.  my point is that there are a ton of people that defend the Wii like crazy and say it's good enough to be your only console, but if that were true they would not need to defend it like crazy and we all would be like "yeah I know it's a good console" "
    hmm..... 

Well, first of all, I love the name Wii Defense Force, sounds nerdy enough for us. 

Next, no. 

The Wii's "goodness" is not measured by its praise on forums whose majority of users favor Xbox (giantbomb) nor any other forums praise for the system. 

Just because they love to pick on a system that they probably do not own doesn't make it bad.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By jkz

The average scores on all three consoles are nearly equal, with the PS3 a point or two above the 360, which is a couple points above the Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Meowayne
    @oldschool said:
    " @Meowayne: I like.  And I have 13 of the same games as your image (I can't make out the one under the GC controller).  Do you use the Hand Cannons on RE4 & RE:UC?  I must go back and play with them, as they are awesome  (games and guns). "
    Games I played with the hand cannon:
    RE:UC, RE:DC, Overkill, HotD 2&3 returns, Dead Space: Extraction, Call of Duty 3 & 4.. and that's it, I think. Overkill and Extraction work unbelievably well with it, the Resident Evils not so much, RE4 doesn't work at all because you need to have access to more buttons. 

The game under the GCN controller is Super Mario Galaxy. :)
    strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#61  Edited By strangeling
    @trophyhunter: I'm just gonna say your title is wrong, and that's the TRUTH.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Meowayne

Hm, we should open a Wii defence force thread to see who "we" are.  

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Epic win!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#65  Edited By ryanwho
    @Fragstoff said:
    " @moelarrycurly said:

"The Wii is great as a secondary, "different" console.  For example, sidescrollers are having a huge comeback on the Wii like nowhere else in the console market. "

Shadow Complex?  Altitude?   There no definate answer to 'The Wii Question' .. all i know is i have a Wii and a gaming PC, and 95% of my gaming ends up being on the PC.  I'll bet this is the case with most people who have the Wii as a secondary console..  "
    Neat, two games. Not sure what that has to do with the over a dozen Wii exclusive sidescrollers that came out this year and are coming out next year. But then, you were just being lazy to begin with.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EvilTwin

If I enlist in the Wii Defense Force, how long before I work my way up to the Wii Ninja Squad?  

@JJOR64 said:

"
    No Caption Provided
    "

Oh dear, you went and did "it".  There can be no turning back now.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By oldschool
    @EvilTwin said:

" If I enlist in the Wii Defense Force, how long before I work my way up to the Wii Ninja Squad?   

If you own a Wii and don't hate it, then you're in  ^_^ 
    Also, if you have some pyjamas that kind look like a Ninja, that helps too.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Godwind
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Epic win! "
    Yep, another point for the Wii Defense Force.  Wii Defense Force, GO!  In the name of Truth, honor, and petty arguments over the vanity of a single human being grouping with other petty humans to fight against other petty people who are wasting their time not playing video games.
    Strongbadman47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Strongbadman47

Wii Defense Force sounds like a cool 3D shooter.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ryanwho
    @Strongbadman47 said:
    " Wii Defense Force sounds like a cool 3D shooter. "
    You fight giant bugs. 

And screen tearing. And radial menus.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@Godwind said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Epic win! "
    Yep, another point for the Wii Defense Force.  Wii Defense Force, GO!  In the name of Truth, honor, and petty arguments over the vanity of a single human being grouping with other petty humans to fight against other petty people who are wasting their time not playing video games. "

No, I'm saying the Wii sucks, don't you get it???
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Godwind
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Epic win! "
    Yep, another point for the Wii Defense Force.  Wii Defense Force, GO!  In the name of Truth, honor, and petty arguments over the vanity of a single human being grouping with other petty humans to fight against other petty people who are wasting their time not playing video games. "
    No, I'm saying the Wii sucks, don't you get it??? "

No, you just said "Epic Win! " dumbass.  Don't you get it???  Thanks to this thread, we are expanding our members.  Free advertisement bitch.  You sir, are indeed in fact, EPIC FAILZ!!!!!111!!!!
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By EvilTwin
    @oldschool said:

" @EvilTwin said:

" If I enlist in the Wii Defense Force, how long before I work my way up to the Wii Ninja Squad?

Also, if you have some pyjamas that kind look like a Ninja, that helps too. "
    Unfortunately, I don't own a Wii. :(

But I've logged quite a large amount of time on my friend's Wii.  Does that count?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By oldschool
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @oldschool said:

" @EvilTwin said:

Also, if you have some pyjamas that kind look like a Ninja, that helps too. "
    Unfortunately, I don't own a Wii. :(  But I've logged quite a large amount of time on my friend's Wii.  Does that count? "
    I think we can offer an apprenticeship  ^-^ 

You will have to bring beer and women though.  Can you do that?
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By EvilTwin
    @oldschool said:
    "I think we can offer an apprenticeship  ^-^  You will have to bring beer and women though.  Can you do that? "
    I have to pay to put my life on the line now?  Man, you Nintendo special forces don't mess around.  I'll see what I can do about the beer and the women.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By oldschool
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @oldschool said:
    "I think we can offer an apprenticeship  ^-^  You will have to bring beer and women though.  Can you do that? "
    I have to pay to put my life on the line now?  Man, you Nintendo special forces don't mess around.  I'll see what I can do about the beer and the women. "
    Yep, we Wii Defence Force are hard to the core.  We have a very large community of women, small children and old people to protect.  We do whatever if takes.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Stang

Threads like this are what turn good websites into shit. Don't like the Wii? Good for you, go shoot shit on the 360. Don't like the 360, good for you, go play some Mario. Why waste your time trying to convince other people why you are right and they are wrong? Who the fuck cares? The only thing threads such as this are good is proving who the trolls/morons of the forum are.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Coombs
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @moelarrycurly said:
    " The Wii is great as a secondary, "different" console.  For example, sidescrollers are having a huge comeback on the Wii like nowhere else in the console market. "
    Well my point is that there are a ton of people that defend the Wii like crazy and say it's good enough to be your only console, but that were true they would not need to defend it like crazy and we all would be like "yeah I know it's a good console" "
    Well maybe the defense force wouldnt come out so often if people like you would stop posting slams against the Wii for no reason....

Im not a huge Wii Fanboy, Ive stated my opinion on it in several threads, So my only point here is that if there was nobody attacking the Wii there would be nobody defending it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By oldschool
    @Stang said:
    " Threads like this are what turn good websites into shit. Don't like the Wii? Good for you, go shoot shit on the 360. Don't like the 360, good for you, go play some Mario. Why waste your time trying to convince other people why you are right and they are wrong? Who the fuck cares? The only thing threads such as this are good is proving who the trolls/morons of the forum are. "
    I think it is okay to make a blog to project your views as to why you wouldn't get "X" console, if it is a rationalising process, that is, why it just isn't inspiring you.  On the other hand, just creating a thread to make a blanket criticism is even worse than going on a thread about a console that you don't like.  All sites are full of this and is probably the biggest cause of friction on a games website.  I have never got why people do it, but they do.  This one just got taken essentially off topic by turning into a huge joke, which ironically was what it was to start with (not in a good way).
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Stang said:
    " Threads like this are what turn good websites into shit. Don't like the Wii? Good for you, go shoot shit on the 360. Don't like the 360, good for you, go play some Mario. Why waste your time trying to convince other people why you are right and they are wrong? Who the fuck cares? The only thing threads such as this are good is proving who the trolls/morons of the forum are. "
    Dang, Stang, chill!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Stang
    @Bellum: Forgot my Ritalin this morning, sorry. But really, once you guys become ancient like me, your patience will grow thin with stupid shit like bickering about console superiority.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ThomasP

Sorry I didn't make it here sooner team. I had family stuff the past few days.

Those who oppose the Wii will face the wrath of the Ninja.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By Black_Rose
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Well my point is that there are a ton of people that defend the Wii like crazy and say it's good enough to be your only console, but that were true they would not need to defend it like crazy and we all would be like "yeah I know it's a good console" "
    The Wii is my only console, i'm pretty happy with it, and I don't defend it like crazy, so your logic fails. 
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Godwind
    @Black_Rose said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " Well my point is that there are a ton of people that defend the Wii like crazy and say it's good enough to be your only console, but that were true they would not need to defend it like crazy and we all would be like "yeah I know it's a good console" "
    The Wii is my only console, i'm pretty happy with it, and I don't defend it like crazy, so your logic fails.  "

According to him, you're wrong.  Keep playing.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ghostiet

Shit, 3 pages of people getting trolled by trophyhunter.

Nice one, dude!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Godwind
    @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    However, the sad part is that he is serious. 
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    However, the sad part is that he is serious.  "
    yes that's right. I never troll everything I say I mean and believe
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#88  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    yes that's right. I never troll everything I say I mean and believe "
    So you're not just a troll.  You're a delusional troll.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Godwind
    @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    So you're not just a troll.  You're a delusional troll. "
    He isn't a troll.  Just a dumbass.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"

Or a cretin. So far, he is desperately trying to prove that he's a legit one.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Godwind
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    Or a cretin. So far, he is desperately trying to prove that he's a legit one. "
    A legitimate troll or cretin?  
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By demontium
    @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    A legitimate troll or cretin?   "
    LOCK this thread. 

We all know he is trolling.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"

Ain't that the same? Clearly, I've been trolled so hard I am completely lost in this.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By demontium
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    Ain't that the same? Clearly, I've been trolled so hard I am completely lost in this. "
    LOCK IT 

or stop responding to it. 

whichever comes first.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Godwind
    @demontium said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Nice one, dude!

"
    Ain't that the same? Clearly, I've been trolled so hard I am completely lost in this. "
    LOCK IT  or stop responding to it.  whichever comes first. "
    You seem desperate.  Hahaaha.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By HandsomeDead

This thread is fucking hilarious. I should have got involved at a sooner date.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By trophyhunter
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " This thread is fucking hilarious. I should have got involved at a sooner date. "
    this is just a taste of the magic I create for this wonderful site
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By Arkthemaniac

THE FLATOUT TRUTH A BOUT THE WII: 

It's white, small, and plays games made for it.

acecards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By acecards
    i had the same opinion as @trophyhunter but that was until i actually played a wii in my cousin's house...sure it makes you move like a idiot if you playing wii sports(at least makes me), and lacks good rpg, but it's a lot fun and could perfectly be my main.. if didin't love my 360 so much, shame i don't have the money to buy and suplly with good 2 consoles at same time (dawn you brazilian import taxes)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.