Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Mankind Divided PC performance is really bad

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a 970 and it's running pretty smoothly on mostly high settings.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@rethla: Yeah I am not someone who freaks out, I just defended most ports including that Hitman which was actually always fine for me. I would have even said XCOM 2 because I had almost zero issues with that too but I know some others had a lot of issues.

I think PC gamers get defensive about it too and I get that because it's not as big of an issue as many think but it's still there. Some companies still really half ass their PC stuff or don't put in the effort needed. Some games are still a mess and also to some buying a full price game is a big commitment. It is for me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Justin258

I have yet to play it but if it's just a problem of the game not running well at max settings on cards that don't cost $500 + dollars, I don't really care. I am not above turning down settings.

If it is still having problems for me, I'll return it and buy the Xbox One version.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can confirm game runs like total ass on a 970 even on all low settings. Menus load like shit and game is constantly skipping around for almost no reason in cells that are already loaded.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xolare: Is MSAA on or off?

Before I even started the game I had a look to see what GeForce Experience had to say and was a bit surprised when it turned off MSAA. Looks like they were on the money. ;)

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolare: Yikes. I guess I'm able to brute force it then.

Turning off MSAA gave me a 50+fps boost.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Typical

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By stonyman65

MSAA is killing it. Seems like the most recent Nvidia drivers are causing trouble, too. Gotta tweak it a bit.

Edit: getting mostly 60 fps with a few dips to the high 40s at 1080p with everything on high with all options enabled save for AA and MSAA. That's on a 970 with an I5 2500k at stock with 8GB of RAM. Don't see how people are only getting 30-40 with 1070s or 1080s unless they are running high resolutions.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always gotta be wary of a staggered release. It's a very good way to avoid negative press for a botched port.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By rethla

I get avarage 40fps with everything maxed exept AA turned off and an avarage 70 FPS with everything on low.

Running at 2560x1440 with GTX980ti.

There seems to be some graphic glitches and jank at max settings so i will probably turn some things off as time go but its playable maxed out. It does look really good though.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's a little disappointing to hear, but I can't say I ever expect a flawless PC release. Hopefully we'll see some performance adjustments in the next few weeks. Til then I'll just make do with whatever settings I have to use on a 1070. More interested in the gameplay than hitting ultra on everything anyway.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no! I was gonna buy this after work today. Thank god I saw this and can save myself some money and heartbreak.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johntunoku: the release was not staggered? The release date was Tuesday, and it's out on Tuesday.

Besides they actually provided PC copies for review, Jeff had no issues with the PC version so it's clearly a fixable issue, let's just hope they fix it sooner rather than later.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

...am I weird that I want new PC games to bring the most expensive cards to their knees at max settings ("Can it run Crysis?") so we see that there's someplace to get to with new hardware...

Note that I am not discounting that there are some minor (and major) problems that will be seen by some users (as is always the case) and it's possible that this is a badly borked bulid (or a driver problem)... but...

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zurv

Game runs fine. It makes me think that maybe some settings shouldn't be there for users to pick. :) That is why people get SLI. It doesn't feel like a bad port - there are options there that if you pick them a single card can't handle it. That said, it seems odd to me that a 1070 can't handle 1080p. (but i'm pretty sure the devs said you needed a 1080 to run maxed at 1080p). Maybe dx12 will help when that patch will be out in a few weeks (i doubt it)

without running capture software i'm between 60-80fps playing in UltraHD. Yes, i have to off AA (but it isn't really needed at 4k). I could have kept it at x2, but there are some drops blow 60.

Loading Video...

(it will take some time for YT to bake the video to 4k... )

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By OurSin_360

I read the difference between high through ultra is barely noticeable. I always disable MSAA, it's the shittiest AA ever always drops frames no matter what card for me. i have the game but am scared to start it up, i have a 1080 so even having to play at 1080p kinda erks me a bit lol.

@zurv: sli?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed to run fine for me on a 1070 on ultra settings at 1080p. Guess i have to put a fps counter on next time to see how much it actually fluctuates.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy: my bet is on drivers. Seems to be running fine on my 3+ year old hardware. Not a solid 60 mind you, but definitely playable with a few dips into the high 40s and 50s when shit pops off. You definitely have to tweak the settings a bit.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, so, it's not a dumpster fire of a port. Seems like a pretty good port overall, actually, you just have to turn some stuff off. I've played about an hour of the game on these settings and it hasn't gone below 60FPS. Pre-rendered cutscenes run at a locked 30FPS, though, which is kind of a bummer. Especially in a game that looks as good as this one, where the pre-rendered cutscenes actually look worse than the in-engine ones.

i5 3470, GTX 970, 8GB RAM - fairly standard gaming PC.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Always worth noting that when it comes to PC's, your mileage may vary. I'm just saying it runs fine for me, and these are the options I'm using.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Justin258

@oldguy said:

...am I weird that I want new PC games to bring the most expensive cards to their knees at max settings ("Can it run Crysis?") so we see that there's someplace to get to with new hardware...

Note that I am not discounting that there are some minor (and major) problems that will be seen by some users (as is always the case) and it's possible that this is a badly borked bulid (or a driver problem)... but...

I don't think that's weird. I think that if you spend $2000+ on a gaming PC, it would be pretty sweet to have a handful of games that can still bring it to its knees. When it comes to games like that, however, all I ask for is scalability - that game needs to also be able to run at 60+FPS and look pretty good on reasonable gaming PC's when the settings are lowered to High or Medium or whatever.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zurv

@oursin_360:yeah, SLI (the perf is in the top left)

They are titan X Pascal and OC'd to over 2ghz. That said, 1080 sli should be fine at 4k with AA off (maybe 2x). dxtory murdered like 20fps off :)

MSAA and Screenspace Reflection are the killers.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By rethla

@justin258: Scalability is what we all ask for but its extreamly rare with a game that performs well at both high end and low end computers. I cant think of anyone in recent years.

What we get most of the time is the consoleversion with some added high end effects that are barely noticeable and eats performance and on low end systems it doesnt work at all.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: I have a similar setup, do you have v-sync through some other means?

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What resolution are you people playing at? I'm playing ultra with just TAA at 1080p, getting 50-75 fps at all times. GTX 1070 I7 4790K, 16GB ram on an sad. Sorry for people having trouble but seems fine to me. And Nixxes will support the shit out of it, so give it some time.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By soulcake

It runs great for me i got a GTX 770 and a I5 from two gens back. Most of Nixxes ports are solid most of the time. It even knows i was playing with a AZERTY keyboard what more can you ask for !

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By aktivity

Anyone know if you can rebind the run from cover to cover or remove the need to hit space-bar at the load screen? Every time I load a save where I'm in cover, hitting space at the load screen will also make Jensen immediately run across the room in front of enemy npc's.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@justin258: Scalability is what we all ask for but its extreamly rare with a game that performs well at both high end and low end computers. I cant think of anyone in recent years.

What we get most of the time is the consoleversion with some added high end effects that are barely noticeable and eats performance and on low end systems it doesnt work at all.

Developers have an obligation to make sure that their game runs on as many systems as possible, so scalability is definitely something they should aim for, and I'd argue they should aim for it over making something incredibly demanding that only a few people can run ideally.

But that's a different argument for a different day.

@justin258: I have a similar setup, do you have v-sync through some other means?

I have a 144Hz monitor so I usually don't need Vsync. Vsync also introduces a bit of mouse lag, which has always been just enough to throw off my aim.

You can enable Vsync using Nvidia's control panel or Nvidia inspector, if the game's Vsync makes your framerate tank. You can also inject some AA using those same utilities, but I never bother with that. I usually just find the settings that keep the game above 60FPS and then never mess with them again.

crunksmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a 970. I have it on High settings and it is running smoothly. Not sure where the issue is.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@crunksmcgee: Define "smoothly"...what resolution are you running at? What about other detail settings? Smoothly is pretty subjective. To me that means a locked 60 FPS.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went back and checked again with a FPS counter on, and i get frames ranging from 40+ to 50. But once in a while they drop to 30+. This is on ultra with 4x SMAA on a 1070 again at 1080p. I find it quite weird though cause i dont really notice the constant dips from 40+ to the 50 fps, which i normally would in most other games. Games doesnt seem to slow down massively or get terrible input lag when they drop.

Will try and lower MSAA to off, and maybe do the same for Screenspace Reflections.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: Yeah he did say on the last UPF that he beat it on PC. Maybe he didn't notice the frame drops but I doubt it. He is pretty picky.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JohnTunoku

@brotherbran: For whatever reason I saw the 19th posted some places for consoles. But apparently I was mistaken. Hmmm. Well maybe it's just drivers or something.

Want to play this on PC on my 390. Would rather not have to fuss with it to get stable FPS.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By Tennmuerti

@justin258: Did you notice any big frame rate culprits (i mean aside from the obvious MSAA), i'm currently on a 980m which is simmilar in performance to a 970 basically, but getting very uneven framerates depending on location. It runs at 60 from time to time but mot often it jumps to and from 45-60. Using mostly simmilar settings to yours

Edit: ok turning off tessellation seemed to give me a good few extra frames pushing the game closer to a more comfortable 55-60+ range

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By korwin

Will see how it runs on my 1080 when I get home, see how valid the complaints are for myself. People go from 0-OMGGARBAGEVERSION the moment they see a frame dip at ultra these days. Game might just be scalable to the higher end.

Anyone leaving MSAA all the way up expecting decent performance in any modern game is asking for ridicule.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to mention I turned the MSAA to off, as well as Vsync. However I am forcing adaptive V-sync from the Nvidia console. with my over-all settings on Very High, I am getting 50-60 fps. What is frustrating is that the game is capping me at 60 fps, and 30 if I try to raise the resolution above 1080. And I also get this weird FPS surging up past 100 fps, then back down to my 50-60.

Subscryber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Subscryber

If it makes anyone feel better, it runs like garbage on PS4, too. Must be sub-30 most of the time. Doesn't look that great, either. Must be very low settings, as the lighting is super flat. All the pre-release stuff looked awesome, so I'm more than a bit disappointed. Game feels kind of dated overall, too. I'm sure I'll get more immersed in it as the game progresses, though.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I think about it, I find it curious the game uses MSAA. I've not played a game that had MSAA for like the last two years. Almost forgot it even existed.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MSAA is poo :)

games these days normall do the quick and dirty FXAA and the oh-that-looks-nice-but-what-the-hell-happened-to-my-fps-SMAA :)

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zurv

If it makes anyone feel better, it runs like garbage on PS4, too. Must be sub-30 most of the time. Doesn't look that great, either. Must be very low settings, as the lighting is super flat. All the pre-release stuff looked awesome, so I'm more than a bit disappointed. Game feels kind of dated overall, too. I'm sure I'll get more immersed in it as the game progresses, though.

On the ps4 can you tell the diff between the gameplay and the eye cancer pre-rendered stuff? I've not played stuff on a console for sometime, but i can't imagine that it is as bad as the FMV :)

Subscryber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv said:
    @subscryber said:

On the ps4 can you tell the diff between the gameplay and the eye cancer pre-rendered stuff? I've not played stuff on a console for sometime, but i can't imagine that it is as bad as the FMV :)

I honestly didn't notice a difference, but maybe I wasn't paying that much attention. The enclosed interiors actually look really nice, but everything else has such flat lighting on it that it looks super dated. That, combined with the lip syncing, and other weird technical hiccups make this game feel kind of strange for a modern release.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...

I have a 1080, 16GB RAM, have the game on a SSD, i7 4790k.

Game runs totally fine for me. Have everything turned all the way up other than MSAA, which I have off. Playing at 1080P and I get a rock solid 60fps.

Though, something that is super weird... When I had the game running on 120hz mode, it would run between 30-40fps, with settings turned down... Then I switched it over to 60hz, and it ran a solid 60fps.. Dunno why that would happen, or if it was just magic computer restart... Dunno.

I kind of want to switch my monitor to 4k mode, but I have a feeling the game would run like butt. GeForce Experience recommends I run it at 4k with every setting at low or off, and filtering at 1x. >.<

Anomareh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs at a solid 50 for me with everything maxed and turned on, with MSAA and VSYNC off. Latest drivers, 970, i5 3570k, SSD, @1080p. The people going crazy must be trying to run 4K with MSAA maxed or something? The game runs and looks great.

Darkaileron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys for the heads up. I was hoping to pick the game up to give my new 1070 a good test... does it seem like a patch might fix the issues or should I just pick it up on console?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Seem fine to me if you are sensible about it.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys for the heads up. I was hoping to pick the game up to give my new 1070 a good test... does it seem like a patch might fix the issues or should I just pick it up on console?

there is nothing wrong with the game and it runs great. Just don't expect to run it at ultra. If you have like a 560 and said... this or console.. maybe look at the console. Your PC is going to run the game will be great. (playing it on the console will be like looking at a puddle with mud in it. Remember, a console has the power of a 3-4 year old med range video card. ) This game isn't a bad port, it just needs a ton of power to run it maxes out. (console is like med/low settings at 30fps)

Always keep in mind that your 1070 (6.5TF) is already more powerful than the xbox coming out a year from now (haha.. 4k on 6TF.. MS is making a funny :) )

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones8677: its been a couple of games so far. i wouldnt conflaguate that as an epidemic.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I can't seem to find the problem settings too well. At 1440p the highest fps i can get is around 53-55 at the high setting, which looks noticable worse than the others but not bad though. I can max he game at 1080p and it doesn't look to bad in this game, but 1440p is way clearer for me. At max settings i get around 40-45fps at 1440p, and obviously around 30fps at 4k(which is normal for my setup).

Didn't think there would be a game that a 1080 couldn't handle at 1440p this soon, i mean it's playable but not ideal.

Evga GTX 1080 FTW

i5 6600k 4.2ghz

8gb DDR4 ram 2200mhz

running off an 7200rpm HDD at the moment.

(this is all in the benchmark btw, i haven't even started the game as i know if i can't get 60 in a benchmark the main game will be even more demanding)

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I can't seem to find the problem settings too well. At 1440p the highest fps i can get is around 53-55 at the high setting, which looks noticable worse than the others but not bad though. I can max he game at 1080p and it doesn't look to bad in this game, but 1440p is way clearer for me. At max settings i get around 40-45fps at 1440p, and obviously around 30fps at 4k(which is normal for my setup).

Didn't think there would be a game that a 1080 couldn't handle at 1440p this soon, i mean it's playable but not ideal.

Evga GTX 1080 FTW

i5 6600k 4.2ghz

8gb DDR4 ram 2200mhz

running off an 7200rpm HDD at the moment.

(this is all in the benchmark btw, i haven't even started the game as i know if i can't get 60 in a benchmark the main game will be even more demanding)

did you shut off MSAA? and lower shadows? (there is always SLI to help too :) )

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not having any performance issues on my machine with a 970. Running on Very High with a couple things turned down to get some higher frame rate. Running around 45-60 fps. I could turn down a few more settings to get more consistent 60.

I did however run into a repeatable crash during one of the in-game cut-scenes. I had to turn all my settings down and run the game in a window to get past it. Followed the instructions for known issues (it's the train station one) and it ended up working for me. Kind of annoying, but sometimes you have to deal with this stuff if you want to play on a PC.

Bummer for the people having trouble running the game, though. Seems like something they can patch soon since the game isn't totally on fire, so hopefully they can fix it quickly. If I run into anything game breaking I'll report back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.