A Dice Block is an object that appears in all 10 Mario Party games (excluding Mario Party-e). It allows the players to move up to 10 spaces per turn on the board (more or less if you use a 'shroom item). The design of the block matches the theme for the game. Here's how it is used: When it's your turn, you push the button to hit the block but you can use your item before you do. Once you've hit it, that means you get to move as many spaces as you can. Not only it allows you to move, it can do various functions like: deciding the turn order, collecting coins in minigames and more. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it appears as a collectible sticker. There are other dice blocks that can change the game around and here's a list of functions that the block does and here are some types:
- Deciding the turn order/winner: The 1st function the Dice Block has is to decide the order of play. When the game starts, all players hit this object to decide who goes where from highest to lowest and here's a bonus: when the game ends in a tie, then the Dice Block decides the winner of the game.
- Moving: The main function that the Dice Block has is moving from 1 to 10 spaces per turn. This is the only function that allows you to move.
Types of Dice Blocks
- Normal Block: Allows you to move up to 10 spaces. This is the basic one!
- Speed Block: Allows the player to move 8, 9 or 10 spaces.
- Bowser Block (x2): After using Bowser Candy, it lets the player hit 2 dice blocks and along the way, you can steal 2 stars from your opponents
- Slow Block: Allows the player to move up to 3 spaces.
- Sluggish 'Shroom Block: Allows the player to hit any number he/she wants.
- Cursed Block: Allows the player to move up to 5 spaces.
- Warp Dice Block: Teleports with any player of your choice or teleports to any space of your choice, then roll the dice to move on.
- Plus Block: Adds coins equal to your dice block roll.
- Bullet Block (x3): After using the Bullet Candy, it lets the player hit 3 dice blocks and along the way, you can steal 1 star from your opponents.
- Minus Block: Works the same but it subtracts coins.
- Red Block: After using a Mushroom/Twice Candy/Double Dice Set item, it lets the player hit 2 dice blocks for a combined total ranging from 2 to 20 spaces!
- Golden Block: After using a Super 'Shroom/Thrice Candy/Triple Dice Set item, it lets the player hit 3 dice blocks for a combined total ranging from 3 to 30 spaces!
- Green Block: After using the Slowgo Candy, it allows the player to move up to 5 spaces and allows the player to hit from 1 to 5 in a slow rate.
|Game||Button/Something to press or do|
|Mario Party 1-Advance||A Button|
|Mario Party 8||Thrust the Wii Remote up.|
|Mario Party DS||A Button/Stylus|
Matching Coin Bonus With The Item
|Item||Anything But 7||7|
|Mushroom (Mario Parties 2 & 3)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Golden Mushroom (Mario Parties 2 & 3)||30 Coins||50 Coins|
|Mega Mushroom/Super Mega Mushroom (Mario Party 4)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Super Mini Mushroom (Mario Party 4)||10 Coins||0 Coins|
|Mushroom Capsule (Mario Party 5)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Super Mushroom Capsule (Mario Party 5)||30 Coins||50 Coins|
|Mushroom Orb (Mario Parties 6 & 7)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Super Mushroom Orb (Mario Parties 6 & 7)||30 Coins||50 Coins|
|Triple 'Shroom Orb (Mario Party 7)||Up to 30 Coins||Up to 90 Coins|
|Twice Candy (Mario Party 8)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Thrice Candy (Mario Party 8)||30 Coins||50 Coins|
|Double Dice Set (Mario Party DS)||10 Coins||30 Coins|
|Triple Dice Set (Mario Party DS)||20 Coins||50 Coins|
Dice Block Types
|Block Name||Effect||Required Item||Game Appearance|
|Normal Block||Moves you from 1-10 spaces.||None||All|
|Bowser Block||Hit 2 Dice Blocks and steal 2 stars from your opponents.||Bowser Candy||Mario Party 8|
|Sluggish 'Shroom Block||Slows down the Dice Block scrolling and allows the player to hit any number he/she wants.||Sluggish 'Shroom Orb||Mario Party 6-7|
|Red Block||Doubles your Dice Block and allows the player to move from 2-20 spaces.||Mushroom/Twice Candy/Double Dice Set||Mario Party 2-DS|
|Cursed Block||Lowers your Dice Block roll to 1-5.||Cursed Mushroom/Halfway Dice Block||Mario Party 3-DS|
|Bullet Block||Hit 3 Dice Blocks and steal 1 star from your opponents.||Bullet Candy||Mario Party 8|
|Speed Block||Moves you 8, 9, or 10 spaces when rolled.||Speed Block||Mario Party|
|Warp Block||Teleports you with any player or any space.||Warp Block||Mario Party 1-DS|
|Gold Block||Triples your Dice Block and allows the player to move from 3-30 spaces.||Super Mushroom/Thrice Candy/Triple Dice Set||Mario Party 2-DS|
|Green Block||Slows down and allows the player to hit from 1-5.||Slowgo Candy||Mario Party 8|
|Slow Block||Moves you 1, 2, or 3 spaces.||Slow Block||Mario Party|
|Plus Block||When hit, you get coins equal to the number rolled.||Plus Block||Mario Party|
|Minus Block||When hit, you lose coins equal to the number rolled.||Minus Block||Mario Party|
|Mega Block||After using a Mega Mushroom/Super Mega Mushroom, you'll become Mega. Then roll twice/thrice and steal 10 coins from your opponents.||Mega Mushroom/Super Mega Mushroom||Mario Party 4|
|Mini Block||After using a Mini Mushroom/Super Mini Mushroom, you'll become Mini. Then roll once or twice from 1-5.||Mini Mushroom/Super Mini Mushroom||Mario Party 4|