Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2019

Concept »

The 25th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, which took place June 11-13, 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What are you most excited to see or hoping to see at E3 this year?

• 60 results
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

With Kingdom Hearts 3 finally out of the way, I think we'll finally see something more concrete of Final Fantasy 7. I'm not even the biggest FF7 fan but still a FF fan and I'll take what I can get!

I'm guessing most ppl will say the next Xbox? A new console is always exciting so that'll be interesting for sure. Are ppl still hyped about Cyberpunk? I should be all over that game but Idk why, I'm still a bit hesitant. I just don't think CDP knows how to do good combat and I imagine myself slogging my way through waves and waves of enemy encounters to get to the good stuff.

Anyways, anything y'all particularly excited about seeing at E3?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

After getting thoroughly punk'd by Sekiro, I'd love to see some more Ghosts of Tsushima. I love the regular enemies and environments of Sekiro and wish I could have found the keyring that allowed me to explore that world to its fullest, but the game just wouldn't let me have it. Ironically making me super excited for Sucker Punch's feudal Japan game.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well seeing how Sony is staying on the bench this year there isn't a ton. I'm mostly looking forward to Nintendo stuff, and some PC stuff as well. I'm hoping for some Bayonetta 3 info, even a trailer would be fine that tells us what the story will be about. Maybe we can finally get that Metroid Prime Trilogy? I feel like E3 will be pretty lackluster this year. It would be nice to be proven wrong and surprised though.

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't expect anything, but I would sure love whatever information they'd be willing to drop about Bethesda's Starfield.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMTV and something from Yoko Taro. I don't expect either of them to actually be there.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With Sony retreating to the shadows for the time being, nothing that I can think of really. Microsoft isn't working on anything that I'm interested in that I am aware of or remember. I guess they could show off new console hardware info.

Maybe Pokemon? But I'm sure it'll be more Pokemon and potentially ruined with Go integration or other weird ways. Also, if they aren't going to announce this new and improved Switch, then I probably won't buy one yet. Seems incredibly stupid to put Pokemon out without that new hardware.

I'm sure there are other smaller titles that I can't remember from last year.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A Bayonetta 3 trailer and release date would be nice. More Cyberpunk 2077 info without the closed door bullshit with the press hyping things up beyond belief as they tend to do.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, my go to for the last three years or so has been Borderlands 3, so..... I dunno. This year is probably gonna be all about pushing out all the previously announced games before next-gen arrives so I'm guessing there's gonna be few surprises. I guess if anything I'm eager to see if they've managed to turn Skull and Bones into something more appealing. Other than that almost every major developer I really enjoy is most likely in early development for their first next-gen title at this point. Only big name I can think of is Rocksteady, which has managed to keep their lips very tight. Apparently they're finally showing (and hopefully releasing) this year though.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I always want something from E3 that I didn't realise I wanted. It's the 'damn I didn't know they were working on that' stuff that I enjoy hearing about the most, if I could get a couple of those from maybe Nintendo and one of the bigger indie publishers/developers I'd be made up. Of the things that could be guessed, the stuff Jeff probably already has knowledge of but can't divulge, it would be nice to see Microsoft give some more concrete plans of their next gen, it could be quite fascinating if it is a big enough shift to give the status quo a bit of a shake up. Nintendo's future additions to their online space would be good to hear about too - Tetris 99 seems more popular than they expected and maybe proves that they can do more creative, if simple, online experiences.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An actual, good, old school feel MMORPG announced for consoles. I know, silly me.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FacelessVixen

What's the name of that anime Dark Souls game again? 'Cause if anything, I'd like to see more of that.

Oh, yeah, and more Pybercunk 7720, I guess.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a very subdued John Vignocchi just having a great time.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk 2077 for sure.

What's the name of that anime Dark Souls game again? 'Cause if anything, I'd like to see more of that.

Code Vein.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably the first year in a while where I'm not specifically expecting anything. Metroid Prime 4 has been delayed to who knows when, Pokémon Sword and Shield looks bland and uninteresting, and I can't get excited for other things when I either haven't played any of them (Luigi's Mansion 3) or still have some in the pipeline I want to complete before getting more (Fire Emblem). ATLUS doesn't seem to have interest in putting a full Persona game on Switch at the moment either, so my hope for a P3 port is pretty much dead.

I guess if I were to hope for anything, it would be an update to the Joy-Cons that gets rid of the drifting issue, but it's highly unlikely that they would announce a hardware revision at E3 of all places.

So I guess the thing I'm most excited for is being blown away by something I didn't know existed. Give me some awesome new games that I didn't know I needed to play until I saw them, and I'll be satisfied ^_^

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
    rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days E3 seems less and less relevant for me. Other channels, other convents, less interest in AAA (and typically mainstream) titles and so on. Won't see many nerdy simulators and deep strategy ones at E3.
    But still, mostly just the usual stuff:

* New interesting games I didn't know about. Like, "Here is the new open world (by not Ubisoft) Terminator game where you play as Connor and can buy safe houses, make traps....".
    * New Mario games. Already got most if already, in the form of SMM 2. It's coming and it looks pretty good.
    * New Zelda games. I lost track of the Breath oTW stuff, since I only own the crappy Wii U version. And it feels a bit too early for a new full Zelda release. But who knows.
    * Other Nintendo-stuff like Metroid (I know...) and a good new Paper Mario (I know...).
    * Cyberpunk...
    * New Nintendo machine, Switch Ultra Dolphin Pro HD or what ever.
    * Upcoming games I forgot about.

Realistically I only have to breeze through an article from E3 2019 and skip through some vids and I get all the info I need.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All the stuff for sure, but mainly Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, and Dying Light 2. The surprises every year are also what makes checking out the streams fun though.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outer Worlds and the much-needed Metroid Prime remakes Nintendo could make me very happy by announcing.

barthvader25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Anything about Animal Crossing after a billion years of waiting would be amazing.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20 fisk0  Moderator

These days E3 seems less and less relevant for me. Other channels, other convents, less interest in AAA (and typically mainstream) titles and so on. Won't see many nerdy simulators and deep strategy ones at E3.

Same, the only game I've been anticipating for years was finally released earlier this year, Ace Combat 7, aside from that there's nothing I can think of that would get announced at E3. I don't think it's the venue EA is most likely to show off more of the C&C Remaster at, and probably not where we'll see more of that Gears of War Tactics game or another Civilization expansion or XCOM 3 either.

I haven't liked any of the Assassin's Creed games in years, but I would still get excited if there were to announce one set in cold war era divided Berlin. That's about it, I guess, unless Sony announces a new Colony Wars game out of nowhere.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cyberpunk 2077 release date. Switch price drop. Dragon Age 4 (as a single player game) info.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeofcreation: I wouldn't count on a Switch price drop for sure. The thing is still selling like hotcakes and Nintendo surely would never want to lose out on even a penny. I think it's more likely that Switch mini would be announced which probably will be cheaper.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@casepb: Oh, I know. Just wishful thinking. I thought the story a few weeks ago was that Nintendo confirmed they WEREN'T announcing new Switch hardware this E3. I can dream, though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

At this point, I'm good with just seeing more about Dying Light 2. This is the first E3 I can remember I'm not all that thrilled about, but I look forward to any little pleasant surprises around it.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’m casual about keeping up with games these days....

- Cyberpunk

- New Remedy Game (Control, maybe?)

- Gears 5

- Gears tactics game

- The Last of Us 2

- Maybe Shenmue 3?

- Judgement or Judge Eyes or whatever the Yakuza team might have to show...

- Obsidian’s new game

- Ninja Theory’s new game

- Whatever Platinum is up to

- Proper Silent Hill and Metal Gear collections (...one day...)

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go through the occasional lull with my excitement over E3, and this is certainly one of those years. I will be watching the announcements, but I'm not really expecting anything to amaze me. For example, I'm looking forward to Judgement; but I've already seen gameplay trailers of Judgement, so anything related to Judgement would just be more Judgement. Which isn't to say that I don't expect any surprises. There's usually something that turns up that I think to myself, "Well, that looks amazing!" I'm just not confident that there will be very many of those surprises. If anything, I expect to read more about delays than releases or new games.

Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but I do not believe that E3 will be a disappointment to me. The trailers and announcements would have to be pretty awful for that to happen. I'm just expecting that will be a year in which I view the trailers and announcements and just think something somewhat subdued like, "Huh. That was nice." And there's nothing wrong with that. I'll still be entertained.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GB new couch reveal.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#28 FinalDasa  Moderator

That is a really good question since nothing really jumps out for me.

Animal Crossing and Pokemon info would be fantastic. Maybe some gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima though I wouldn't be shocked if that skipped the show (or news surrounding the show) entirely.

And pie in the sky hope would be the next Elder Scrolls game. Getting just the announcement of the game's development did nothing for me. Of course you're continuing your biggest franchise. Now give me something more. Even just a trailer would be nice along with a rough date like 2020.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 49th

I'm dying to hear what Rocksteady is working on. I miss their games and from the leaks that have been circulating a game with tons of DC characters and online stuff sounds really good to me.

I'm also kind of interested in that Harry Potter thing that leaked a while ago, it actually sounded pretty fun.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if any of it'll actually be there, but more next-gen talk. I'm ready for next-gen. Game-wise, I don't know. Something that piques my interest obviously.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lot of people seem to forget about Sony not attending E3 this year. Them also saying something like ”State of Play will return later this year” during the last showing made me think that they won’t have anything happening outside of E3 next month either.

That said, I also forgot about it before reading a few replies. So I don’t really have any specific expectations, because there won’t be release dates for Tsushima or TLOU 2. I guess it might be neat to see if Microsoft, after having acquired 100 studios, has some finished products to show-off and release later this year.

P.S. Oh, and UFO 50. I’ll take that as an excuse to wipe away the dust covering my Switch.

P.P.S. Also People Can Fly showing off their new shooter...and Doom Eternal getting a release date.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's unlikely but I'd love to hear what Arkane is up to but it hasn't been all that long since Prey.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Honestly, whatever WB Montreal and Rocksteady is working on (Justice League?) & Cyberpunk 2077. I'm not sold on it yet, but I want to be.

And if were ever going to get that Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next Box and Rocksteadys new game? it has being a while since we seen something from them, and stuff Beteshda's got maybe some new IP who knows. Also hot Ubisoft memes.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the Rocksteady Justice League rumor. Would be awesome if that was real.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Who would be pumped for a Rainbow Six Vegas 3?

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
    deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk and Last of Us II, maybe Ghosts of Tsushima are the only announced things that I think have potential to get release dates(less so Ghosts). I have my fingers crossed for holiday 2019.

Other than that, I can't really think of a lot. Maybe a tease for Horizon 2 or God of War 2? Interested to see what Halo Infinite is.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would finally like to see some ambitious, complex and enormous games like Star Citizen.

Well, at least to get some info about Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d like to see a bit more of TES VII than the mountains we got last year, but I’m not holding my breath.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing Saints Row 3 again, and it's so fun for an open world game. So I'm kind of hoping for a Saints Row 5 at E3 now because I saw Games Radar mention Volition is working on a new open world game. I just hope it's not another Agents of Mayhem. No idea what a SR5 would be about though seeing how the end of 4 the planet was destroyed. Saints Row in space?

hummusboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would hope to see a follow up to breath of the wild from Nintendo. Honestly though, i'm at a point where anything new to be announced by either Nintendo or Microsoft (and maybe sony on the side somewhere) would be fine, as Ihave so many new games to look forward to, as well as a large backlog to work with. Its really a great time to be a gamer.

I'll also say i hope for the some wild E3 antics on the couch this year.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Halo?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly looking forward to Halo Infinite and Pokemon / Nintendo Direct in general.

Though Saints Row 5... 5aints? Saint5? would be dope. As would anything on TES6.

Avatar image for undeadscottsman
    UndeadScottsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By UndeadScottsman

Microsoft: With Sony out of the picture this year, I hope Microsoft goes big. Sadly I don't expect they'll have the content to do so. I'm definitely looking forward to the Gears games (Gears Tactics is something I've been asking for, for years) and getting a release date for Ori. If they can get some of their new studios to present stuff, that'd be awesome, but I think it's too soon for most of them. I don't expect more than a scorpio-esque tease for next gen.

Nintendo: Metroid Prime 4's delay hurts and there isn't much they have announced that I'm head over heels for. Maybe a SMB2 tileset for Super Mario Maker 2?

EA: Just don't screw up Jedi: Fallen Order.

Bethesda: Could really go for a Doom Eternal release date. Had Youngblood come out earlier this year I'd be down for a Wolfenstein 3 announcement, but I don't think they'll do it before people get a chance to play Youngblood.

Ubisoft: Watch_Dogs 3 I guess? I dunno, I don't think I've bought an Ubisoft game since Grow Up. (I'd totally take another one of those though; those games were chill as hell.)

PC Gaming Show: Honestly, I'm more interested in the behind the scenes politics here. It's being sponsored by Epic this year, so are they going to require all the games shown to be purchasable on the Epic store? Will they give priority to Epic Store exlcusives? I'm really curious to find out.

Square-Enix: Yo, what's Yoko Taro been up to? Also where the heck is that Avengers game?

All the Rest: Finding out what WB's greater slate would be interesting, between the rumors of various DC games from Rocksteady and WB Montreal, and that Harry Potter game, they sound like to be sitting on a ton of upcoming content.

Bungie might be sitting on a big announcement regarding the future of Destiny, depending on whether this is an expansion year or a full game year.

We're in a holding pattern until next gen, but I'll be looking forward to what pops up to fill in the cracks as releases start thinning out.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

New Splinter Cell? Preferably like old Splinter Cell?

Cyberpunk 2077.

What Microsoft's new first-party studios are working on.

Halo: Infinite, whatever it is?

Forza 8, though I might just stick with Horizon this year.

Ghost of Tsushima, although that's probably next-gen.

The annual nonsensical Death Stranding trailer.

onkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable, Cyberpunk, maybe something Rainbow Six?
    Mostly Fable, though. Hell, I'd love Fable II on PC to tide us over until the next one.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious to see if Outer Worlds has shaped up more since the last time they were showing footage (games can look way better in the final months before release).

Normally I'm not the kind of person to get super excited for more than one Nintendo game a year, but the new Pokemon, Mario Maker, and even the smallest chance of a Metroid Prime remake are all pretty exciting for me.

Lastly: is Square's Avengers game dead? I'm betting if it doesn't get shown in the next two months the project's canned. I'm more interested in that game because so many eclectic studios have been thrown on it, though, and it'd be a shame to waste all that talent for 3-4 years.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to know what Bluepoint is up to, port houses don't usually grow to the scale where they have art teams completely remaking games. All we know about their upcoming game is that it's a "re-envisioning" of a former title, so another remake of some kind probably, but it must be pretty impressive as they continued to staff up offering jobs to the people laid off from Daybreak last year.
    Speculation is of course all over the place, as the only other studio to touch the Metal Gear Solid franchise is it yet another remake of MGS1? (i don't think you could re-record all the dialogue in that game using the same voice actors) Is MGS4 getting the ports it so desperately needs? (i don't think that game needs to be heavily remastered, just some technical polish) I've also seen suggestions of Demon Souls, but the word "re-envisioning" suggests not just remastering but completely changing a game from the past, i'm really excited to see what it could be.

It's also entirely possible that they're working on their own original IP in the background with all the talent they now seem to have.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nintendo is always the highlight for me. And considering they already have like six major releases this year that we know about, I'm very curious if they have any big surprises they've been holding on to. I was just thinking about how for the past four years, Miyamoto has made a bunch of vague claims about the progress of Pikmin 4, so if that game legitimately exists, I feel like we have to be seeing it soon

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By EthanielRain

Whatever Ninja Theory is doing, since Microsoft bought them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.