#151  Edited By austinmiller
DedBeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By DedBeet

Bummer. It's still not working for me. I get "There was a problem playing this item" for every video I try to play. I pulled down the file, followed the Plex instructions for manually installing a channel, but no sale.

austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bennehmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascagnel Aw man thanks very much for taking the time to look through the code for this buddy! Now I can get back to enjoying Drew playing MGS3 in the comfort of my living room! :D

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Quick update: the pull request I had opened to fix the premium content bug was merged in a few minutes ago. If you force check for a channel update (channels -> check for update) or reinstall the channel, you'll get the fix.

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By brian_mcdoogle

I didn't know if I should post it here or in the github, but I've run into a problem with the new update. On the computer via Plex Home Theater app, if I launch the channel, and go into Latest, and try to select a video (Let's just say "Quick Look: Amplitude"), nothing happens. It no longer advances into a new screen and it doesn't play. The only way I can get a video to play is if I Play All from this submenu. Similarly, on the iOS app now, if I tap and select a video (same Quick Look for example) it goes to the next screen, but everything is listed as unknown, the runtime is 0, and I can't play a video. Even in Web View, I get a "channel is not responding" error.

I've restarted Plex and rebooted my server, and this problem persists. Also, my API key is linked and everything. I've tried removing the channel, restarting Plex, stopping Plex, installing the channel, and restarting Plex, (I did this hoping to clear things out and install the channel "fresh") and I still get the issue. Any ideas? Would images help with what I'm describing?

In summation, Plex Home Theater works when playing all videos, but not when selecting an individual video. iOS doesn't work at all. Web View gives error "channel is not responding" error. I assume my manual update borked the channel, but after repeated reinstalls and reboots, it persists.

Edit: I just noticed the old channel was called "Giant Bomb.bundle" while the new one is "GiantBomb.bundle", and when moved to the Plug In folder and Plex runs, it gets renamed to "Giant Bomb.bundle". Could that space be making the difference? If so, how do I go about clearing out the Plex channel cache or whatever so it doesn't re-read old settings or something?

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_mcdoogle: That's super weird. I'm not seeing any trouble with the "official" channel, and it has the space in the name (Giant-space-Bomb-dot-bundle). What platform is your server running on?

You may be better off asking on the Plex forums.

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for taking a while to respond, but I figured it out and thought I'd share what I did. For whatever reason, trying to update the channel screwed it all up, and uninstalling the channel never cleared the old channel's cache and preference. So, I had to manually delete both the plugin's cache and preference file. Once that happened, I was able to reinstall the channel just fine. I still don't know what caused the problem in the first place, and why the channel kept getting renamed and deleting stuff, but whatever. Hope this helps anyone else if they encounter this strange phenomenon.

Avatar image for nihilisticmonkey
nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I found out about this and thought I'd give it a try. Works fine until I try and sign in.

I go to www.giantbomb.com/plex and get my code, put it into PLEX under the channel settings of the GiantBomb app and then it seems to break the stream. The only topic I get is 'latest' and zero items. Any advice? Anyone seen this before?

alboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So, I found out about this and thought I'd give it a try. Works fine until I try and sign in.

I go to www.giantbomb.com/plex and get my code, put it into PLEX under the channel settings of the GiantBomb app and then it seems to break the stream. The only topic I get is 'latest' and zero items. Any advice? Anyone seen this before?

Yeah have the same problem anyone able to help ?

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the convenience of the Plex app, but a lot of times I have to start a video 2 or 3 times for it to actually play which is weird. It beats using the PS4 or Xbox One browser to play Giant Bomb videos, though.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting a blank list of videos when attaching my API key - detaching it shows all public videos but no subscriber content. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as a manual plug-in install to Plex. Any ideas?

floatingyuzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the last few days I haven't been able to use the Channel in Plex at all. It shows 0 videos. I mentioned my problems in the more general pinned topic here. I'm not sure if it's related to the things mentioned in that thread so I thought I would post something here.

At first I thought it was just the Apple TV Plex App but it won't work in the web version either. After reading a few message boards I tried reverting to an earlier version of the Plex Media Server because it sounded like that might be the ticket. No luck so far.

I've reinstalled the channel countless times. I've tried deleting all the related plugin files in the Application Support folder for PMS. I've tried using (and not using) the giantbomb.com/api code but whether it's there or not I get 0 videos. I even manually installed the channel from the github page just to see if Plex was installing it wonky or something.

I seem to recall getting a error video hosted by Jeff the first time things started going South -- I'm not for sure if that was the last thing I saw, but I think so.

Is everyone having this issue? Did a change in the api break things? Am I crazy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

INFO: Plex Media Server 0.9.15.6 and/or 0.9.16.3 running on OS X 10.11.4 -- Viewing in Safari 9.1 and/or Apple TV 4 tvOS 9.2

floatingyuzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's working again! I literally haven't tried doing anything for about 2 days and it's back. Thank you to whoever did something :D

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Totally not working for me, just says 0 videos

Anybody know what's going on? :(

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm having a weird bug. I can watch my premium videos just fine at home through Plex. I can stream from my server to my tablet or TV with no issues. The problem comes in when I try to watch GB Videos when I'm not home. For some reason streaming from my server to another device (like my smartphone) when its on 4G gives me the error videos stating I'm not a subscriber.

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By brian_mcdoogle

@pocky4th3win: I wonder if your problem could be that you're fetching a stream that isn't correctly supported by the new api stuff. Has the channel been updated since the new api went into effect?

mjl51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a really odd problem too. I'm running a Plex server on a Synology NAS. All my devices in my home work well with the GB channel, except the Xbox one Plex app. Trying to watch on that, just gives the error message.

I've tried reinstalling PMS, the GB channel, and the XB app. It's infuriating that I can't work it out!

BADBARRISTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjl51: Yes I am running it through a macbook air and I am getting an error message. narrated by Jeff .. can't get it to work

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know which resolution and bitrates are allowed to be used to avoid the Jeff error video?

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a joke now... Before it was remotely and now it's affecting my playback on my TV at home.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#174  Edited By Forcen
brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By brian_mcdoogle

So now it has stopped working on the Xbox One for me. All videos give that error message. However, on the PS4 and Web and Apple TV and iOS, it works. Same settings across the board, I think. I have no idea why it won't work on the Xbox One but does on everything else.

Well, I got it working, but I had to turn off direct play and direct streaming, which is something I've not had to do on the PS4 or any other device. Still odd.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_mcdoogle: I'm having the same issue, and if it's relevant I'm using a new Xbox One S on a 4K TV. Not sure of its a resolution issue causing it error out. Works on my PS4 on a 1080p tv in another room.

Jeff sounds very professional and friendly though so that's nice.

BADBARRISTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

same for me on the Xbox One .. HAs been an issue for some months now.. Fancy error messages tho.. Any fix ?

3van

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By 3van

@badbarrister/@lucifunk/@brian_mcdoogle/@mjl51/@pocky4th3win: Without going into too much detail, Plex has apparently updated some of their apps (the hosted web player included) to use a hosted service (node.plex.tv) to do some of the service resolution logic in certain situations. The version of the service that's running on this is the one in the main services bundle that ships with Plex, which doesn't really work with API keys.

I'm working on fixing this (and also updating it to use the proper authentication stuff via the giantbomb.com/plex/ endpoint) as well as adding support for the bookmarklet that adds videos to your Watch Later list (currently, it only works for public videos due to the aforementioned issues).

The secondary (minor) issue that you're probably seeing is that before the video API changes, public videos didn't need authentication at all, so the selection logic left the API key off entirely when giving Plex the actual video URL (we have an app-specific API key from forever ago to access the public stuff). I already have a fix in place for this, but I need to talk to @frobie first to make sure what I'm doing is kosher before I get it pushed to the Plex repo.

Avatar image for digitaldiatribe
digitaldiatribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible to change version of a video in the non-web version of Plex (Amazon Fire TV Plex app)? In the web version, I can select a different version of a video (for example, playing High if HD is not available or broken) before starting the video but not on Plex app. Not even the context menu button works.

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By brian_mcdoogle

@3van: thank you. Really looking forward to those changes and I hope it fixes our problems.

DedBeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Getting 404 errors trying to access any Giantbomb content from the plex app on my laptop. Videos work fine on web page (i.e. www.giantbomb.com) but getting channel not responding from the plex web app. Anyone else having problems?

joshuacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else getting errors when trying to add videos from this channel to the Watch Later list? Says "Error 400" on the iOS client, and just a "There was a problem adding to Watch Later." in the web client.

Here's the error from the client-side logs. I removed my api key before pasting:

{

"type": "ajax",

"url": "https://plex.tv/pms/playlists/queue/items?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.giantbomb.com%2Fapi%2Fvideo%2F2300-11742%2F%3Fapi_key%3Dapi_key_was_here%26format%3Djson",

"status": 400,

"headers": {

"X-Plex-Product": "Plex Web",

"X-Plex-Version": "2.12.0",

"X-Plex-Client-Identifier": "c387e32a-d761-4ace-92e7-f8f6cb7f4345",

"X-Plex-Platform": "Firefox",

"X-Plex-Platform-Version": "50.0",

"X-Plex-Device": "Windows",

"X-Plex-Device-Name": "Plex Web (Firefox)",

"X-Plex-Device-Screen-Resolution": "1431x915,2560x1440",

"X-Plex-Token": "TOKEN",

"Accept-Language": "en"

},

"statusText": "error",

"response": "No video found in the URL or media XML provided.",

"time": "2016-12-04T19:36:51.230Z"

},

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

#184  Edited By count_zero

I've been getting a "This Channel Not Responding" message for every part of the Plex Channel. Anyone know what's going on?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@count_zero: Works for me except in the windows store app where I get the error video. What player are you using? There should be a logfile for the channel in the plex log folder.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using the Plex web app in a browser. It appears to be fixed now, whatever it was.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, quick update - in the Plex app, the list populates with videos, but when I actually attempt to watch a video, particularly premium content like Game Tapes, I get the "This is an error message" video.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more update. This occurs with me when watching in a browser and on the Plex app on consoles. I am able to watch videos in the Giant Bomb Video Buddy app, so this doesn't appear to be an API thing

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By count_zero

So, I don't know Python very well, at least not well enough to fiddle with the code without screwing things up, but looking at the code for the plugin, it looks like what's causing the problem is the changes with the download links. It looks like the changes made in the URL structure made in this post here need to be applied to the code for the plug-in. I'm not quite confident enough to pull this off, but it looks that should do it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

So, I don't know Python very well, at least not well enough to fiddle with the code without screwing things up, but looking at the code for the plugin, it looks like what's causing the problem is the changes with the download links. It looks like the changes made in the URL structure made in this post here need to be applied to the code for the plug-in. I'm not quite confident enough to pull this off, but it looks that should do it.

Thanks! I'm not sure if we own the Plex stuff in-house, but I'll see if someone can take a look at this.

lamzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Any luck? I have been trying GB plex for last year or so. It used to work for non-premium vids, but i was never able to get it working with premium vids. Currently, all videos are broken.

Plex is nice, easy to use and common platform for PC/phone/tablet.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Pilgore

Has the PLEX channel been fixed yet? I still can't watch videos without them buffering every 40 seconds. Right now i have to create a "Giant Bomb" folder, download every video individually and add them to the folder so I can stream them locally.

It seems like the 1080p videos are still the auto selected video in the Giant Bomb channel. My Samsung Smart TV can't handle these and I can't change the video quality either.

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New bug I've encountered in the last few weeks. Trying to watch any Endurance Run video causes an error. This started when the ERs got put into folders. So, if I go into, say the Chrono Trigger, it just produces an error. Also, none of the Shenmue stuff is listed and Metal Gear Scanlon gets listed both in the ER folder and on the main channel page.

Skoodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Skoodge

Its Working for me

Glroxify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a new laptop and can't get the premium api key to work on the plex channel at all, any ideas? I've used the key from giantbomb.com/api, was working previously, its a windows 10 laptop if that helps. I get an error when trying to load the app with the api key added to the channel. Thanks

brian_mcdoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this dead? The GitHub page doesn't exist for me anymore.

slatkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_mcdoogle: It must be. The plug-in stopped working entirely for me - first premium videos (tried re-linking my API key) and then all videos. The plug-in is no longer available in Plex's official channel list.

sandworms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't working for me either, no videos would play on any device I tried. I uninstalled the plugin and now I see that's it not there to reinstall. Damn.

deliciousbees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By deliciousbees

The Roku app seems to be super rough these days and I wanted a way to access my premium content in other non-Roku rooms, so I grabbed the source for the old Plex plugin that was delisted and made it functional with the latest site changes:

https://github.com/deliciousbees/UnofficialGiantBomb.bundle

(manual install instructions: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-)

No Caption Provided

It's a quick and dirty fix, combined with a main menu layout change to be more useful (categories go under their own menu item, and the main menu is focused on live/recent content), but it should be functional enough if you want to use Plex to watch videos.

Stuff that's still busted: live streams don't work, it's fetching way too many videos per page for slow hardware (raspberrypi-level) to deal with, it's still the hardcoded categories of the old Plex app.

Edit: okay, I found some extra time to return less items per page to help performance, and get the new show list and show art.

No Caption Provided

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2