• 89 results
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Baillie

@Doctorchimp: Yes, because everyone who likes FIFA is a complete an utter asshole, well apart from that one guy. Who was never intending to be a games journalist in the first place. Why are you being so negative?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By jacdg
@Doctorchimp said:

@Baillie said:

They should get someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about this and get him to get on it!

Congrats you killed giantbomb.

Now we have a douchebag sports games guy who's only job is to review FIFA and NHL and he's a complete asshole who isn't funny that makes fun of the guy who's only job is to review obscure JRPGs.

Way to generalize, it is much better when it is the other way around isn't it! Let's all make fun of people who enjoy/cover sportsgames instead!
Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Mijati

There's no need for them to cover it, not even a quick look.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#54  Edited By Little_Socrates

This thread is seventeen different kinds of awful. Racial and social generalizations, even if meant as jokes, are being tossed left and right, and nobody is willing to read what the other person is saying. You should all be ashamed for acting like 14-year-olds.

They have almost definitely tried FIFA at some point, but they don't care for it. It's not that they've never played a FIFA game, it's that they're not especially interested themselves. Alex Navarro is the main sports reviews editor, and if he's not interested in FIFA, it's fair to say that won't change this year or next. The same will continue to happen for Disgaea, MOBAs, Yakuza, Pokémon, PES, Petz, Singstar, Tales, Cabela's, and the like. The whole philosophy for the creation of the site is to cover the games they want to cover.

How Come You Don't Review Every Single Game That Comes Out? Are You Lazy?

Well, yeah, but the point is that Giant Bomb isn't interested in the fire-hose approach to video game coverage. Our editorial team is small and experienced, and our job is to highlight the stuff that we feel is significant, either to us on a personal level, or for video games at large. That's not everything, but it's still a lot. Though, we're not real big on sports games, so don't expect too much meaningful/informed Madden coverage.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Doctorchimp

@JacDG: Yes all sports reviewers are douchebag bros that's the point I was making. Man I really should go to some sensitivity training thing. I really should't judge game journalists by the genre of game they like. Also all game reviewers that play DS games pee sitting down.

I totally wasn't talking about giantbomb just becoming another website that hired people because they needed to cover other games.

@Baillie said:

@Doctorchimp: Yes, because everyone who likes FIFA is a complete an utter asshole, well apart from that one guy. Who was never intending to be a games journalist in the first place. Why are you being so negative?

Word for word man, I can't believe I said that. Also everyone who plays FIFA is also super racist cause soccer fans like throwing bananas at teams from Africa. Let's get this all out of the way.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Little_Socrates said:

This thread is seventeen different kinds of awful. Racial and social generalizations, even if meant as jokes, are being tossed left and right, and nobody is willing to read what the other person is saying. You should all be ashamed for acting like 14-year-olds.

They have almost definitely tried FIFA at some point, but they don't care for it. It's not that they've never played a FIFA game, it's that they're not especially interested themselves. Alex Navarro is the main sports reviews editor, and if he's not interested in FIFA, it's fair to say that won't change this year or next. The same will continue to happen for Disgaea, MOBAs, Yakuza, Pokémon, PES, Petz, Singstar, Tales, Cabela's, and the like. The whole philosophy for the creation of the site is to cover the games they want to cover.

How Come You Don't Review Every Single Game That Comes Out? Are You Lazy?

Well, yeah, but the point is that Giant Bomb isn't interested in the fire-hose approach to video game coverage. Our editorial team is small and experienced, and our job is to highlight the stuff that we feel is significant, either to us on a personal level, or for video games at large. That's not everything, but it's still a lot. Though, we're not real big on sports games, so don't expect too much meaningful/informed Madden coverage.

They do cover Pokemon, Cabela, Yakuza so try a bit harder next time before you call this thread 17 kinds of awful.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Aetheldod

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo ..... fuck football Im tired of it and I dont want its fugly influence spreading to Giant Bomb

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Baillie

@Doctorchimp: I'm just going to stop replying.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By myke_tuna

I think this thread should be locked now.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@mcderby4

GiantBomb sucks at covering sports games in general, I'd rather they stick to merely a short Quick Look if anything.

Quick looking the same game year after year is obviously going to be boring. Regardless of whatever tiny, tiny thing they change every year.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Deranged

@MariachiMacabre said:

@mcderby4

GiantBomb sucks at covering sports games in general, I'd rather they stick to merely a short Quick Look if anything.

Quick looking the same game year after year is obviously going to be boring. Regardless of whatever tiny, tiny thing they change every year.

True enough.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RazielCuts

'America Vs. The Rest of the World' GO!

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@RazielCuts It sold over 1.5 million copies in America so I wouldn't say that.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShadyPingu

If they covered it at all, it would be a Jeff/Vinny QL where they set the weather to heavy snow and laugh at the screwy physics for half an hour. I'd be way into that, but I feel as if that would just make you angry.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Encephalon Yes! That's all I really want. It would make it even more entertaining with players not knowing what they are doing, as it would be even if they play each other.

Pretty much all I created this thread for was to see if enough people warrant a QL for FIFA, I thought it would be a good idea after watching the Madden one as it was one of the better QL in along time because it was just Jeff and Vinny playing each other/

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@dcgc: This is all I want as a big fan of FIFA and GB. Plus you could have 2 on each team to make it even better, or 4 on the same team.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Bane122

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@RazielCuts It sold over 1.5 million copies in America so I wouldn't say that.

When around a tenth of its sales come from the U.S., one of if not the biggest game market in the world, it's not an unreasonable summary.

Anyway, I say nope. We get a couple of football quick looks and now people want soccer. Do a soccer one and then the hockey or basketball fans start up. It just needs to stop here.

And even though the guys don't know or care much about football, they know and care even less about soccer... it'd be pretty pointless.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sterling

I would like a quick look, but would much prefer a quick look for PES 13.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SpacePenguin
@dcgc said:

@SpacePenguin said:

The thing is they have no interest in it so it might just end up being a half assed quick-look that they would'nt enjoy doing and people would'nt enjoy watching. I would like to see a quick-look of it, proably no point in a review though.

No one in the quicklook of Madden NFL 13 understood american football (or at least just the basics) and they played horribly, yet it was funny to watch. Jeff has played FIFA and I think he knows the basic rules, so why not play with another staff and do a Quick Look of that? We already know that they are not gonna play it the proper way, but who cares? Are people actually gonna decide their purchase of FIFA 13 by watching a quicklook of two guys that know jack shit (or very little) about football and that play it just to goof around? No, we're gonna watch it for entertainment.

Yeah I do agree with you, I would like to see them do a quick-look. I just would'nt want them to do it if they showed no interest.
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Ramone

If the Madden and NCAA Quick Looks are anything to go by then yes please, also that PSVita FIFA quick look is one of the funniest things GB has ever produced.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@oulzac: PES always seems to mechanical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No cause none of the GB crew give a damn, and when they cover games they don't give a damn about the content is both boring and frustrating for the users that care. Madden was interesting because Jeff really wanted to play around with it and see the engine working, nothing about FIFA interests the guys.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#74  Edited By sweep  Moderator

No, for 2 obvious reasons.

1. All the staff on this site are American and therefore know relatively little about both football and the FIFA franchise in general.
  2. Do you like football? Do you like videogames? Well then I guess you are buying FIFA regardless of any review.
SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SmilingPig

If they cover fifa13, people who give a damn about the game will be pissed off because the GB crew does not care about fifa so the quicklook will look like the madden quicklook.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sweep: Just saying alot of us would appreciate a QL when it releases. Also since when does GB cover only american games lol. God some people can become angry over a poll!

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@SmilingPig: Who cares about those people

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By evanbower

If they wanna.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#79  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Bourbon_Warrior: They don't QL most Pokemon games, they barely cover Yakuza, and I've never seen a Cabela's video.

This thread is awful not because of what it's about, but because of the way people have been behaving.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Buscemi

@Little_Socrates said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: They don't QL most Pokemon games, they barely cover Yakuza, and I've never seen a Cabela's video.

This thread is awful not because of what it's about, but because of the way people have been behaving.

I don't know how it could have gone any different.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#81  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Best user name ever!

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By ashleychittock

Maybe just a quick look for the laughs, but none of them know the slightest thing about football so to expect them to cover it in any serious capacity is completely stupid.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#84  Edited By jeff

Here, allow me to help you narrow this down by anticipating what Alex would say in a review.

"Fuck, this is a soccer game. 1 star."

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#85  Edited By Phatmac

None of them care about soccer and most of them seem to hate soccer like so I'd say that they won't be doing anything for it. As a soccer fan(mostly through family as I am Hispanic and we are required to care about soccer to some extent) their attitude towards soccer is annoying, but predictable. Besides, FIFA games have been constantly good so you don't need a quick look to decide whether you should buy it or not. The only soccer game that they probably care about is Mega Man soccer.

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By orshick

It doesn't ultimately matter if they cover this game, just so long as they keep producing content. Let's be honest, majority of Giant Bomb's output is about games none of us care about deeply, we're just tuning in for the banter.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tim_the_corsair

As I find soccer marginally less boring that gridiron, whatever.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By Milkman
@Jeff said:

Here, allow me to help you narrow this down by anticipating what Alex would say in a review.

"Fuck, this is a soccer game. 1 star."

Well, you know what, you can tell him to just STUFF IT!
neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By neurotic

No. At least with Madden they have some frame of reference but they won't know the first thing about football (soccer, if you like) so what would be the point (other than it being probably pretty funny)? Honestly, I'm surprised we got a Madden QL/review. Must've been a slow couple of weeks.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jimmyfenix

STUFF IT!!

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Maajin

Yep, this thread is literally the worst.