ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This week we have a sizable amount of sites news to go over! As you may have noticed the site got a recent revision! If you have any strong opinions about the site revision (positive or negative) head on over to this thread. If you have found any major bugs on the site check out this thread. For those of you that think Giant Bomb has too many concept pages you might want to read this response by Jeff on his Formspring. Tony (aka G-Man) from Comic Vine celebrated his birthday on the 24th. Also Comic Vine has a new Community Twitter account worth checking out. Finally if you ever wanted to know what it is like being an intern in Whiskey Media check out GlenTennis's blog about his second day as an intern.

Important and Fun Stuff

• EpicSteve's Twenty-Eleven Essay Contest Extravaganza 2011!! - Read the rules and see what the prizes are HERE!

• Giant Bomb Mortal Kombat Fight Night - Every Thursday at 6:00 P.M. PDT - Sign up HERE!

• Giant Bomb DiRT 3 Race Night (for 360 & PC) - Every Sunday 8:00 PM ET - Sign up HERE!

• Vito's Game Giveaway #20! 1600 MSP, $20 PSN, or $20 Steam! - Due Saturday, June 4th - Win some FREE POINTS/MONEY!

• The Giant Bomb Uncharted Club - Sign up to Prepare yourself for Uncharted 3 HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

User Reviews

Lovable Lists

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note: Have you created an awesome piece of content or found something you think is worth a toot? Well just drop a comment on this blog with a link to the content and I will make sure to showcase it next week the Spotlight rolls around! Also if you are unaware check out the Giant Bomb Community Twitter@GiantBombSquadto stay up on all of the best of the best of the Giant bomb Community's activities...and also some shenanigans.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This week we have a sizable amount of sites news to go over! As you may have noticed the site got a recent revision! If you have any strong opinions about the site revision (positive or negative) head on over to this thread. If you have found any major bugs on the site check out this thread. For those of you that think Giant Bomb has too many concept pages you might want to read this response by Jeff on his Formspring. Tony (aka G-Man) from Comic Vine celebrated his birthday on the 24th. Also Comic Vine has a new Community Twitter account worth checking out. Finally if you ever wanted to know what it is like being an intern in Whiskey Media check out GlenTennis's blog about his second day as an intern.

Important and Fun Stuff

• EpicSteve's Twenty-Eleven Essay Contest Extravaganza 2011!! - Read the rules and see what the prizes are HERE!

• Giant Bomb Mortal Kombat Fight Night - Every Thursday at 6:00 P.M. PDT - Sign up HERE!

• Giant Bomb DiRT 3 Race Night (for 360 & PC) - Every Sunday 8:00 PM ET - Sign up HERE!

• Vito's Game Giveaway #20! 1600 MSP, $20 PSN, or $20 Steam! - Due Saturday, June 4th - Win some FREE POINTS/MONEY!

• The Giant Bomb Uncharted Club - Sign up to Prepare yourself for Uncharted 3 HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

User Reviews

Lovable Lists

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note: Have you created an awesome piece of content or found something you think is worth a toot? Well just drop a comment on this blog with a link to the content and I will make sure to showcase it next week the Spotlight rolls around! Also if you are unaware check out the Giant Bomb Community Twitter@GiantBombSquadto stay up on all of the best of the best of the Giant bomb Community's activities...and also some shenanigans.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ssj4raditz

Awesome header image.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Slaker117

Awesome, I got both my things featured. Thanks Zombie.

Oh, also I'm changing fight night to 6PM in hopes that more people will join at a less competitive time slot.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Vito's Game Giveaway #19 has ended. Here is Vito's Game Giveaway #20

I always feel kind of douchey since I usually only comment on these in relation to my contests (I'm not a big commenter), but I always read these. You do a fantastic job every week. Keep up the great work!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Vito_Raliffe: Don't be I appreciate the updates.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By ShadowVirus

Good stuff, thanks for featuring my infograph :)

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Yanngc33

Where'd the starlet go?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Only if that picture were real. I could take out all the mods with one Giant Bomb.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By evildeadron
@ZombiePie

thanks for including our podcast
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew

Well, Jeff does seem a bit more certain in that Formspring response than the "probably" and "perhaps" response he give me in November. Still no indication of when, though.

afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By afrokola

I wrote up the mass majority of that Street Fighter II page's information/overview, so I'm glad you guys like it!  That Sagat is pretty impressive, too! Bravo, guys. Really like AjayRaz's Dead or Alive: Dimensions review, if I had a 3DS, I would probably pick it up based on that ha ha! 

Also, I see that users can submit their own created stuff (if I'm not misunderstanding). I do a Gears of War machinima series called Out of Service and a webcomic about gamers called Optical Overload, which can all be find at my website DotSwoof.com. Does stuff like that fall under this or are you guys looking for more one-off things?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

Some good links Zombie. Great job as always.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#14  Edited By Brackynews

Thanks again ZP. I touched up that list a bit as soon as I saw more comments coming in! lol
I have ideas for a few more, but Economics is kicking my ass right now. One day I shall be the Pachprentice...
Next priority is another photo blog of my BurgerTIme cabinet restoration. One before and one after CAX! Glee!

I'm still hoping for a quest set regarding other user's lists. That and guides seem like the features that haven't gotten much spam/love from quests. ;)

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Loving the MK fight nights! Always have a great laugh and lots of good matches.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DG991

Hey, all this starcraft stuff has me interested in sc again. Any chance of a SC2 tourny soon?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@DG991 said:

Hey, all this starcraft stuff has me interested in sc again. Any chance of a SC2 tourny soon?

Are you European or American? An EU tourny is coming up June 4th.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By DG991
@ZombiePie: American. I guess there isn't one actually planned? 
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By benpack

Good work as usual, ZP.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Karl_Boss

Classic.

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ethan
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#22  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Belated thanks for the 2 1/2 mentions!

If you need a Starlet feature for tomorrow/Thursday, you can tell me who it is and I'll write something on them. It'll only be mostly full of sarcasm and bitter resentment, and I'll arbitrarily insert pictures of kittens every paragraph to balance it out.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Mento said:
  I'll arbitrarily insert pictures of kittens every paragraph to balance it out.
Isn't the rule every OTHER paragraph? This is Giant Bomb, not some Dreamweaver crap you shat out in five minutes.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#24  Edited By Mento  Moderator
@Video_Game_King: What if I gave every other kitten picture a glittery pink border, then? I think it would bring the page together.

And, please. My kitten-riddled vitriolic character assassinations often take close to an hour to get right. You have to take pride in these things.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Mento

Kitten character assassinations are not a good source of pride; regular character assassinations (like this one) are, but kittens just make it silly.

Also, a glittery pink border would turn it into a thirteen year old girl's diary. Will said starlet include a paragraph on how you wish your breasts would grow faster :P?
pikeplacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pikeplacer

I freaking love that picture up there!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karl_Boss

No community spotlight = no profit.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sameeeeam

For the next Spotlight, I think @Pepsiman:'s Nier review deserves some attention

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers