Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host as always. While I hate to start any Community Spotlight on a somber note this reminder feels of the utmost importance. June 4th marked Ryan Davis's birthday. For the years of enjoyment, joy, and entertainment that he provided for all of us we are all forever in his debt. Thank you Ryan for everything that you have done for us. We will all ensure that you will not be forgotten.

Mr. Rorie has been informed that subscribing to premium podcasts via RSS feed should be working without issue. If you are still having problems please drop a comment hereand the engineers will try to get to the bottom of the problem immediately. Finally, Jason and his wife Lisa are expecting a baby boy soon! Scroll on down to the discussion threads to discover where you can wish them both the best. With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!

Clip(s) of the Week

The first clip comes from @wallofbricks who has compiled the first batch of the best moments from Brad's Breaking BradBorne video series. Then we have @theburlaplemur's latest Bitesize Bomb video with the best and funniest moments from a handful of Quick Looks. Finally we have @benfoldsone who has made something hilarious out of the staff evacuating during a fire drill.

The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery

We have nightmare fuel AND impressive banners this week for the Giant Bomb Galleria of Bombastic Art! From the Giant Bomb Photoshop thread we have @buzz_clik with an X-Men version of Dan; @sporkofdestiny with Jeff's eventual 2016 Presidential campaign poster; and finally @counterclockwork87 with an infinite loop of Dirty Dan Ryckert. From the MS Paint thread we have @squeezable with a "realistic" sketch of Jeff; @teddie with Dan as Apollo Creed; and finally @niflhe with a friendly reminder that you can't beat 100%. The animated .gif of the week comes from @amyggen with Brad photobombing Austin as he pontificates. Finally @humanity created an AWESOME work of art envisioning all of the staff driving to E3 2015 together.

Community Activities

Best of Blogs

Join the Discussion

Congratulations Lisa and Jason!
Congratulations Lisa and Jason!

Lovable Lists

• Bad Display (By: @arkanearkade) - Do have any limited edition game boxes that completely ruin the uniformity of your game display? Well that is exactly the problem that ArkaneArkade has, and he's created a list of offending shelf ruining games.
  • Best JRPGs (By: @countdedede) - CountDeDe really enjoys the JRPG genre, and as a result he put a lot of thought into developing this list of his twelve favorite JRPGs.
  • E3 2015 Most Anticipated Games (By: @citizenkane) - CitizenKane has a list of fifteen games that he cannot wait to see more of when E3 2015 rolls out! Check it out, and think of what would be on your own list.
  • Games of Video in the Year 1990 CE (By: @brodehouse) - 1990 is considered to be a seminal year for gaming history in the minds of many. As such Brodehouse has taken up the monumental task of narrowing down the year to what he thinks are the ten best games.
  • The Super Famicom Super Also-Ran Super Sequel (By: @mento) - Fellow moderator Mento has been doing a great job at adding some of the more obscure SNES games to the Giant Bomb wiki database. Marvel at his contributions, and thank him for his diligence on this list.
  • Overlooked Games (By: @jazz) - Have you ever had the problem of liking a game, but no one seems to be aware that the game even exists? Well Jazz has had that happen to him so many times that he decided to make a list of such overlooked classics.

Wonderful Wikis

Useful User Reviews

• @jaypb08 finally got around to playing Journey and discusses why it is an adventure that he will remember for quite some time.
AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Man, I love that poster!

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man, there are too many good artist here. LEAVE, so the the rest of us look good. =P

All joking aside, that is some awesome art work.

asinies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the spotlight guys, this really means a lot to me!

cheebahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3-way periscope was great.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

I did write a review for the PC version of D4 today if you wanted to include it....or save it for next week...or not use it at all. All is good.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Drew should walk around dressed like Thor.

benfoldsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd totally put that poster on my wall. Awesome spotlight yet again dude!

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes goooood. More Austin fanart! The people demand it!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Thanks for the shout out, ZP.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

ArbitraryWater spent most of his week enjoying Invisible Inc. and his brand new PS4! Read all about how both have been treating him thus far here.

I wouldn't say that "Enjoying" is the correct word to use in regards to how I felt about Invisible Inc, @zombiepie. "Tolerated" would be more apt to how that experience ended up.
But hey, I still give my thanks for putting me on this thing!

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

all this art is so good congrats duders, on being talented (:

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Wait... Lisa and Jason are having a baby?! That's great! I'm so happy for them. :D

Also, bravo to the community artists for their recent work. Great stuff.

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whoa! thanks for the mention!

10en7even9iner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 10en7even9iner

Is it weird that i found the exact alley on Google Street View where they were standing while filming the periscope thing?

niflhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By niflhe

Haha oh god my terrible MS Paint made it to the spotlight.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Wow, thanks for the spotlight! :D

Some pretty cool articles here!

TimeLeap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Triple periscoping?!

What sorcery is this?!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@amyggen said:

Man, I love that poster!

It is indeed great stuff! Many thanks go to @asinies.

Man, there are too many good artist here. LEAVE, so the the rest of us look good. =P

All joking aside, that is some awesome art work.

Have you not seen any of the works of "art" produced on the MS Paint Thread? We are all artists.

@cheebahh said:

3-way periscope was great.

@timeleap said:

Triple periscoping?!

What sorcery is this?!

Yeah I forgot to ask @benfoldsone how that triple periscope video was created, but it is hilarious to watch anyways.

I did write a review for the PC version of D4 today if you wanted to include it....or save it for next week...or not use it at all. All is good.

You are covered for the next edition! Thank you for providing me with a link.

Drew should walk around dressed like Thor.

How about an F1 Driver?

Straight from @aurahack!
Straight from @aurahack!

Yes goooood. More Austin fanart! The people demand it!

all this art is so good congrats duders, on being talented (:

I have put in an Austin fanart request in the MS Paint thread. Thus far that request has not been met.

ArbitraryWater spent most of his week enjoying Invisible Inc. and his brand new PS4! Read all about how both have been treating him thus far here.

I wouldn't say that "Enjoying" is the correct word to use in regards to how I felt about Invisible Inc, @zombiepie. "Tolerated" would be more apt to how that experience ended up.

Pain is enjoyment. Take your medicine and "enjoy" it.

Is it weird that i found the exact alley on Google Street View where they were standing while filming the periscope thing?

I mean the entirety of San Francisco has Google Street view and Google has been making an aggressive take over of San Francisco for the past three years ... this is the world we live in.

@totsboy said:

Wow, thanks for the spotlight! :D

Some pretty cool articles here!

Hey no problem, it is what I do! Please keep me updated on anything else you post on the site by dropping a link to anything you publish on the most recent Spotlight.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are awesome

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@arbitrarywater said:

Pain is enjoyment. Take your medicine and "enjoy" it.

More medication, coming right up!