nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nicksmi56

All the gaming deals are out there now!

Personally, I already have plenty to go through, so I settled for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch, and Ace Academy on Steam. If I were to pick up something else, it would probably be Shining Resonance Refrain on Switch. Anyone have any opinions on it?

So what have you guys been picking up?

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna trade in my ps4 slim for a pro at GameStop and get the $50 gift card that comes with it. For games, AC Odyssey, DBFZ, God of War, and an extra dual shock 4 controller.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cikame

Rainbow Six: Vegas.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So far all I've done is re-up my PS+. I'm thinking of getting either Dragon Quest XI on Steam or Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch but I have so much other stuff to play right now I'm not sure if I should.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ordered a new PS4 slim to replace my launch PS4 - it's still trucking along, but the fan noise is getting alarmingly more and more audible.

Really thinking of jumping on one of the PSVR bundles, but my wife might break my knees if I do.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not much I need or particularly want at the prices I've seen, since I still/always have plenty of backlog. Might pick up Battlefield 1 and/or Resident Evil 7. Though, for RE7, I feel like I ought to get PSVR, but I can't really justify the expense for one game. Just not a lot of really amazing deals this year.

And while on the topic of lackluster deals, I'm seriously disappointed that Microsoft doesn't have better offerings for 360 games in their sale. Backwards compatibility is cool, but it'd be nice if they'd help sell that feature more - especially since it's sort of the one thing that gives the XB1 any value - by blowing out those older titles at bargain bin prices.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By liquiddragon

I'm an ass...

• Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) ($30)
  • Dragon Quest XI (PS4) ($30)
  • Mario + Rabbids ($20)
  • Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4) ($20)

I'm done for the year...unless...no, I'm done for the year.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up an Xbox One X with Forza Horizon 4 and Forza 7 for £350.Not too bad and managed to sell the games for £45.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hansberg

Assassin's Creed Origins ($23) and the Deluxe Edition of Spider Man ($60). AC is a few dollars cheaper at Best Buy; but $3 for the digital option is absolutely fine.

I kind of have my eye on a couple other titles, most notably Dragon Quest XI at Best Buy. That said, I am also fairly confident that by the time that I am done with AC and Spidey that those games that I am eyeing will probably have gone on sale a couple more times for roughly the same amount. May as well save the cash for now in the event that another expense comes up.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeik

I wanted to grab Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after hearing it was on sale, but apparently it's only available for in-store pick-up, so fuck that. I'm not going into Walmart on Black Friday.

I might pick up Valkyria Chronicles 4 from PSN, since it's only $30, if no other great deals come to my attention first.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#12 fisk0  Moderator

Haven't seen any deals I've been interested in so far. Maybe would've gotten Fallout 4 if the GOTY edition had dropped below 15€, but it's still at 24€. The game I want to grab the most is Cold Waters though, but it's not on sale anywhere as far as I can tell.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I picked up a PSVR bundle with Astrobot and Doom VR for just about 220$.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Don't think I've seen any game stuff I'd want yet. I tend to buy stuff I want when it releases.

Having said that, I shouldn't buy anything else as I already got my wish list item on sale a few days ago: Ordered a 65" LG C8 OLED to replace my 55" LG EF9500 OLED (2015 model). $1900 which is a nice discount and the cheapest I've seen it go. That's as much or less than I paid for the 55" one. Spending my Thanksgiving building a riser to put the TV on.

I look forward to revisiting some of the games on my GOTY list with to new TV to refresh my memory and help refine the ranking.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By nutter

Christ...I said I wasn’t going to buy much, stupid deals...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Shaodw of War

Thumper

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

God of War

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Red Dead Redemption 2 / Titanfall 2 bundle (for some reason)...physical, but it was $40 for the two, so why not?

Detroit

Some new Klipsch bookshelf speakers

Some 20% off Xbox credit

A year of Live at 20% off

A bunch of presents for the kids...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

PSVR with Astro Bot (and RE7 meh), SuperHot and Beat Saber. Keeping an eye out for PC parts but will probably just pick them up with my Christmas bonus though.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No full games, but I decided to grab all the DLC I've been putting off.
XCOM 2 expansion, Fallout 4 season pass, Civ 6 expansion

Hello, backlog.

Bobbyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampyr $30

Horizon Complete Edition $10

Kingdom Come $20

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No games it’s too close to Christmas but I did pick up a Nvidia Shield with Controller and £10 Steam credit for only £148.

That makes my life a hell of a lot easier with my upcoming home NAS project.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC Odyssey was going for cheap (27€ for PS4) so decided to grab it. Also thanks to the Beastcast, I got The Game Console book and Roger Rabbit blu-ray. The latter I had planned to buy for a while already, but maybe buying it now makes a Film&40s more likely to occur??? Pretty please.

Might still buy a memory card for Switch, in case one day I actually end up buying more games for that thing. Might also just wait for christmas with that.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shiftygism

After seeing every version of WWE2K19 was on sale except the physical deluxe, I thought it would be slim pickins, but a helpful fellow cheapassgamer pointed me in the direction of the 2K Store which had exactly what I was looking for at the price of $45 with free shipping, so I jumped on that along with God of War for $17 at Gamestop. I unfortunately missed out on the early morning $17 Switch Diablo deal at Walmart, and I'm still debating on renewing PS+ for $40 despite not getting much use out of it last time I had it. RDR2 online could change that however. Pretty disappointed the only Spider-man deal was in the Sony bundle, but with that they'll be a huge influx of traded in copies hitting Gamestop in the next couple months, so it will likely tank the price of used. Patience.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the Dark Souls Trilogy Steel Book thing for $52 after tax/shipping on google express. Using code HOLIDAY18

Really excited to finally play 2 and 3, plus it will be nice to have DS remastered on a current gen console.

atomicfuzzbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hitman Definitive Edition for 15, Valkyria Chronicles 4 for 30. Stoked to finally spend some quality time with Hitman, but there are still a million games in my backlog. I do this every damn year...

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@atomicfuzzbox: I really want VC4 but I’m after it on Switch the only version of it not on sale... might just get PS4/PC and be done.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

• Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Prey + Mooncrash DLC
Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paying several bills that just happened to be due today of all days.

They were not duly discounted.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got Nier:Automata and a few other indie games

I got my mom that 299 MK8 Switch bundle and Let's Go Pikachu

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mellotronrules

i’m all about that eshop this year. it’s not like they have door-busters, but

dead cells

thumper

and okami hd

for a combined $45ish on switch seems A-OK to me. what i really want is a good deal on a solid 1440p IPS 27” monitor, but so far i haven’t seen anything noteworthy. i saw a $130ish 1TB samsung evo SSD kicking around which seems good, but i really can’t justify it personally.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theresonlyone: I saw the switch version of VC4 on sale on Amazon earlier today.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

God of War and Assassin's Creed Odyssey this year. Nothing too crazy.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

After telling myself I wasn't going to spend much on games, I wound up buying AC Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raide, and Skyrim on Switch. Not a bad haul by any means, but man, I already have a big enough back catalogue.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PSVR Worlds Bundel
Moss & Astro Bot
Grim Dawn
Diablo 3 Necromancer expansion

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No games, but I got a pretty sweet meat thermometer.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got A LOT of stuff this year

Samsung 55" 4k HDR TV, LG 2.1 sound bar, Fire tv stick 4k, Netgear network extender (all for my new home's entertainment center XD)

Pacific Rim: Uprising, Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, The Dark Knight, Ex Machina, and Dunkirk on 4k UHD Blu-ray

AC: Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Spyro Collection

Almost bought Fallout 76, but those reviews are pretty ugly. Still thinking of buying Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle too....

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@ben_h said:

No games, but I got a pretty sweet meat thermometer.

Yeah you do!

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up a new Xbox One X. My launch X died after four months...hope this one lasts longer.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By BoOzak

@teoball said:

I picked up a new Xbox One X. My launch X died after four months...hope this one lasts longer.

Yeah me too, my old XBO was dying and I was thankfully able to sell it. I dont have a 4k TV though, so far there havent been any great deals for those. (in the UK at least)

The X came with RDR2 and Black Ops 4 which I wasnt going to get but I ended up having a better time with that than RDR2. (won my first blackout game the other day!)

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed God of War for $17 and the GTA:5 Premium Online Edition for $20. Haven't played GTA 5 yet, so it seemed like a solid price for the whole package.

Ended up visiting Wal-Mart and nabbing Resident Evil 7 for $12. Finished up my purchased with a used copy of Metal Gear Solid 5 for $7. Plenty of solid, varied games for a rather decent price.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

God of War

Got a couple other games as gifts for others but other than those two games, I got a few movie collections.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomicfuzzbox: I really want VC4 but I’m after it on Switch the only version of it not on sale... might just get PS4/PC and be done.

https://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Nintendo-Switch-Digital/dp/B07GVH79BL/

Digital download is currently on sale. $30. Physical copy is $35.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast: I was bummed that the “Premium Online Edition” of GTA 5 doesn’t have everything on disc. You still gotta download 21 gigs worth of updates.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I double dipped and got Divinity 2 on Xbox One just because that long ass game seems more comfortable on my couch and my pc is on its last legs. It works surprisingly well on a controller.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing crazy, like 100$ much later this afternoon.

Wolfenstien II $15

Pokémon Ultrasun $15

Far cry 5 $20

GoW $25

Captain Toad 3DS $30

Not much for the lines and stuff. But this is kind of when I buy most of the games for the year. Other than today, I might buy 1-2 other games during the course of 2019.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

Black Ops 4 - $37

Lego DC Supervillains - $30

Battlefront 2 - $8 (curious how it is now)

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Final haul in Canadian dollars:

• PS+ - $50
  • SanDisk 200GB Micro SD for my Switch - $43 + tax
  • Dragon Quest XI PC - $46
  • Lego DC Super-Villains Switch for my Nephew's Christmas present - $40 + tax

Not too bad for me. I usually go a bit overboard when Steam and Amazon sales pop up so only adding one game to my backlog is an accomplishment.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider for $15

Fallout 4 GOTY for $20

Marvel's Spider-Man for $40

Kept myself to a $100 budget and actually found it a lot easier than I thought.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of War

PSVR astrobot bundle and a used move controller since we had one. Decided on it over PC vr cause of cost, exclusives and this way we could dip a toe in first. Girlfriend is excited too.

That's it for me. More looks interesting but...I need a job so that was it.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Panfoot

Lego DC Super Villains Deluxe Edition

Mega Man Collection 2 (Already have 1)

Mega Man X Collection 1 and 2

Agony

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

Yeah...kind of a weird list.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nier: Automata has been stuck at $60 for what feels like forever. So I snatched that up a half off.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a PSVR bundle, a duo of half priced Dualshock 4s (seem to go through them quickly), and the Mario Party joy con bundle. My left joycon has been drifting horribly so I thought I'll get a new left joycon. Then I thought well I might as well get both of them. THEN I thought I might as well get Mario Party with it at a slight discount.