• 79 results
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Iceman2913

Yes that is right my DS Lite broke and I am not going to buy a new one with the 3DS fast approaching. So I have been thinking this is a good time to get a PSP since I own a  PS3 and most of my friends have a PSP. I have been looking at the Metalgearsolid bundle then I found something really good.
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Bundle 
I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan so this is perfect for me.
SO sometime later this year I will have a PSP :)

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Iceman2913

Yes that is right my DS Lite broke and I am not going to buy a new one with the 3DS fast approaching. So I have been thinking this is a good time to get a PSP since I own a  PS3 and most of my friends have a PSP. I have been looking at the Metalgearsolid bundle then I found something really good.
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Bundle 
I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan so this is perfect for me.
SO sometime later this year I will have a PSP :)

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DrGanon

Congradulations?
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

P3P???

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Is that bundle coming to the US?

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By memo

I have not played my psp in forever.  

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrGanon

I don't even know anyone with a psp. Everyone has a ds.
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joshakazam
@memo said:
" I have not played my psp in forever.   "
sadly.....this.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By shirogane

I don't play my PSP, and i can't seem to get any of the games that are good unless i import. And i'm not interested in them enough to import them.
Broitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Broitman

Congrats, the PSP is seriously under-rated and if you're willing to overlook it's flaws (fucking shitty wireless chip) it has some really awesome games on it and it's flexibility as a media device makes it more useful than most people give it credit for. It can be a makeshift usb stick, MP3 player, movie device, internet browser, and even a camera if you have the attachment. While I would never recommend using it as a primary source for any of the above functions (it is supposed to be and works best as games console) all of those things can break or not be in your possession at that moment and the PSP can make a great macguyver solution to that problem.

mrtroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrtroy

Monster Hunter co-op with a friend is soooooo fun

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ryoma122

well if and when you get a psp welcome to the party

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

Dear god, I'm home right now and just being tired made me read that as "DS Broke, hello PCP" 
I really thought you were super bummed about your loss. 

ChrisCYotG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChrisCYotG

What's Kingdom Hearts: Birth by sleep even about?
I loved Kingdom Hearts and KH2 but i never played any of the spin off's 
I never play my PSP :\

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Jadeskye

someone could steal my PSP and i wouldn't even notice. i hope the thief isn't allergic to dust.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Iceman2913
@jadeskye: maybe the PSP wasn't right for you

@CrazyContrero:

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is the Prequel to the whole series it tells you how everything began.

@ZeForgotten:

lol wow but I am bummed 

@ryoma122:

party time wooh

@JJOR64: click on the link 

@DrGanon:

thats weird

@Broitman:

yep the PSP is underrated
@sagesebas: thats one of the games I am going to buy persona ftw
EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvolutionX0
@Iceman2913 said:
" Yes that is right my DS Lite broke and I am not going to buy a new one with the 3DS fast approaching. So I have been thinking this is a good time to get a PSP since I own a  PS3 and most of my friends have a PSP. I have been looking at the Metalgearsolid bundle then I found something really good.
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Bundle  I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan so this is perfect for me. SO sometime later this year I will have a PSP :) "
A DS Lite huh, no surprise there.  Well enjoy your PSP buddy, grab Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and P3P sometime.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJOR64
@Iceman2913:   That talks about the Japanese release.  It doesn't talk about the bundle coming to the US.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iamjohn

Welcome to a supremely underrated handheld that has a ton of awesome games, including a couple games that are better than anything on the DS.  Now buy the following:

More will be posted as I remember them.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By AgentJ
@iAmJohn said:
"  including a couple games that are better than anything on the DS.
 "
:P
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Kyreo
@lilman1101 said:
" @memo said:
" I have not played my psp in forever.   "
sadly.....this. "
Mine is collecting dust while my DS is right next to me and decked out with GelaSkins. 

I don't mean to play favorites but I like my DS more.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Famov
@iAmJohn said:

"Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (a lot of people don't like this game; they all suck)"

I agree. 

Peacewalker is pretty fun too, but there are ways that I prefer this game (character selection, for one).
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy

Get another DS.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jkz

P3P is the first game I've played on my PSP in...forever.

orangefrys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By orangefrys
@iAmJohn said:
" Welcome to a supremely underrated handheld that has a ton of awesome games, including a couple games that are better than anything on the DS.  Now buy the following:
 More will be posted as I remember them. "
peacewalker
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iamjohn
@AgentJ said:

" @iAmJohn said:

"

:P "
When Half-Minute Hero and Motorstorm Arctic Edge come to DS, you can question my statement all you want.  Until then, suck it.

@orangefrys said:

" peacewalker "

Have it; haven't played it.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgentJ
@iAmJohn said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @iAmJohn said:
 "
When Phoenix Wright and The World Ends With You come to PSP, you can question my statement all you want.  Until then, suck it. "
Fixed :P
If you feel like it, you can substitute the games I used for anything here.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iamjohn
@AgentJ: Are we really going to turn this into a "fanboy dickwaving console wars XXXtreme" thread because I said in different-but-no-more-inflammatory words that Half-Minute Hero is one of the best handheld games ever?  Jesus Christ.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
@iAmJohn: Woah, I've been nothing but cool and friendly in this conversation. If I recall, you were the one who said "Suck it".
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iamjohn
@AgentJ said:
" @iAmJohn: Woah, I've been nothing but cool and friendly in this conversation. If I recall, you were the one who said "Suck it". "
Jokingly!! :|
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgentJ
@iAmJohn said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @iAmJohn: Woah, I've been nothing but cool and friendly in this conversation. If I recall, you were the one who said "Suck it". "
Jokingly!! :| "
And yet my multiple ":P" don't imply a certain level of playfulness? I don't think much of the PSP lineup, but I'm being good-natured about it.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iamjohn
@AgentJ said:
" And yet my multiple ":P" don't imply a certain level of playfulness? I don't think much of the PSP lineup, but I'm being good-natured about it. "
It did.  But... man, I don't know.

I'm sorry; this work day must be ruining me more than I thought. :(
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By crusader8463

Simmer down kids or I will turn this thread right around!

Assuming I come into some money I think I will pick up a PSP over a DS first because I love Turn based strategy games, and RPG's, and the PSP seems to be the best hand held for those. Before my DS broke I played a few on it but nothing really grabbed me as much as I had prayed it would. All the while the PSP appears to have interesting looking games coming out for it all the time.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentJ
@iAmJohn said:
" @AgentJ said:
" And yet my multiple ":P" don't imply a certain level of playfulness? I don't think much of the PSP lineup, but I'm being good-natured about it. "
It did.  But... man, I don't know.  I'm sorry; this work day must be ruining me more than I thought. :( "
It's cool, don't worry about it!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AgentJ
@crusader8463: We're cool, we're cool! 
Surprised you haven't found anything RPG or turn based strategy to your liking on the DS, since it has become the de-facto console for RPGs this generation. What have you not liked on the DS? And be sure to take a look at the link I supplied earlier, because the games are labeled by genre.
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Iceman2913
@JJOR64 said:
" @Iceman2913:   That talks http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/iceman2913/ds-broke-hello-psp/30-56258/about the Japanese release.  It doesn't talk about the bundle coming to the US. "
o my bad man here you go:
kingdom Hearts Bundle
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Iceman2913
@crusader8463 said:
" Simmer down kids or I will turn this thread right around!  Assuming I come into some money I think I will pick up a PSP over a DS first because I love Turn based strategy games, and RPG's, and the PSP seems to be the best hand held for those. Before my DS broke I played a few on it but nothing really grabbed me as much as I had prayed it would. All the while the PSP appears to have interesting looking games coming out for it all the time. "
I feel the same way
Cambody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Cambody

As someone who sold his DS to get the PSP.  Don't do it, DS has more fun and original games.  The only games I ended up liking were PS1 or 2 remakes (FF VII, Disgaea and FF Tactics) all of the PSP originals like the Prinny and Final Fantasy Core game that came out just were not fun, they felt like failed console ideas.  Original and fun games like the Trauma Series and Advance wars were all over the DS.   I also miss Pokemon :(.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Iceman2913
@Cambody said:
" As someone who sold his DS to get the PSP.  Don't do it, DS has more fun and original games.  The only games I ended up liking were PS1 or 2 remakes (FF VII, Disgaea and FF Tactics) all of the PSP originals like the Prinny and Final Fantasy Core game that came out just were not fun, they felt like failed console ideas.  Original and fun games like the Trauma Series and Advance wars were all over the DS.   I also miss Pokemon :(. "
1.I played a good amount of psp games so I know what I am getting into
2.I want something different I been through 2 DS 
3.We are in different situations
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Iceman2913
@AgentJ said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @iAmJohn said:
 "
When Phoenix Wright and The World Ends With You come to PSP, you can question my statement all you want.  Until then, suck it. "
Fixed :P
If you feel like it, you can substitute the games I used for anything here. "
I found the Phoenix Wright series boring,TWEWY was solid. The PSP List should be updated so it won't scare away potential buyers.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgentJ
@Iceman2913: What are you looking for Fishcake to add?
Also, replace Phoenix Wright with Castlevania OOE.
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Iceman2913
@AgentJ said:
" @Iceman2913: What are you looking for Fishcake to add? Also, replace Phoenix Wright with Castlevania OOE. "
 sub-categories 
pictures
basically like the DS thread 
Castlevania is meh for me at the moment can't get into them
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xpxTomxqx

I have both and I play my DS more. A lot more. I rarely ever go on my PSP, this isn't because I don't like it because I do. I think the games on DS just interest me more than they do for the PSP.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By monetarydread

I enjoy my PSP very much and am glad I purchased it. @Cambody said:

The only games I ended up liking were PS1 or 2 remakes (FF VII, Disgaea and FF Tactics)
Well whats wrong with having FF Tactics on a handheld? The original is still better than any of the sequels and Disgaea PSP is easily the best version of the series. Like people have mentioned above, I am a huge JRPG fan, and unless you are a Dragon Quest or Pokemon fan, this is easily the champion for RPG's. Jeanne D'Arc, Star Ocean 1+2, Lunar, Crysis Core, Final Fantasy's, Y's, Disgaea, Grandia, Suikoden, Hot Shots Tennis, Valkyrie Profile and too many others to mention in one place. 
Now I like my DS, and play it a lot. I just prefer JRPG's and the PSP has the DS beat in that area.
Tip to the OP though, buy your games on Ebay. Since the system is dying out people are basically giving away titles there. I picked up a new copy of FF Tactics and it was under $5 after shipping. God of War -$2, Star Ocean 2 -$6....
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AgentJ
@MonetaryDread: I'm still confused by this whole "PSP has more/better RPGS" The DS has an entry in Lunar, Final Fantasy (if you include GBA, it has I, II, III, IV, V, and VI), Y's, Disgaea, Suikoden, and Valkyrie Profile, along with  Chrono Trigger, Lufia, four numbered Dragon Quests, two Shin Megami Tensei, Glory of Heracles, FF tactics, an online Phantasy Star, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and a ton of great original properties like The World Ends With You, Etrian Oddysey, Luminous Arc, Infinite Space, Avalon Code, Sands of Destruction, Izuna, and Nostalgia. And those are just the ones on the list, and none of the ones that haven't come out yet, like Golden Sun DS and Blood of Bahamut, or the games that will never cross the ocean like Soma Bringer or Sigma Harmonics. The PSP certainly isn't lacking in the RPG, but there isn't a lot of facts to go along with a statement like "The PSP has the DS beat in that area". It's really like saying the XBOX had the PS2 beat in RPGS. It's easy to say, but hard to back up.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By crusader8463
@AgentJ said:

" @crusader8463: We're cool, we're cool!  Surprised you haven't found anything RPG or turn based strategy to your liking on the DS, since it has become the de-facto console for RPGs this generation. What have you not liked on the DS? And be sure to take a look at the link I supplied earlier, because the games are labeled by genre. "

I'm not too sure really. I just remember having my DS for a long time and nothing stood out as being all that much fun to me. I tried "The World Ends With You" but I just couldn't get into the story. Then there was the "Advance Wars" games and "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2", both series that I absolutely loved on my GBA, I put in over five hundred hours on each, but there was just something about them that I couldn't get into on the DS. Perhaps I just had my fill with them on the GBA? 

Anyway, I tried the FF3/4/whatever remakes and it was same thing- I just couldn't get into them. One of my biggest problems with the DS though is the small screen. I know I could get the XL and it would probably help with a lot of the problems that I have, but I haven't had a chance to get one because I'm broke. Eventually I will get both because there is always one or two games on every platform that another one doesn't have access to, but since I have played anything I have had even a remote interest in, up to about five to six months ago when my DS broke, on my DS, I'm better off going with the PSP since it's been over four to five years since I owned one. Plus I'm the type of guy who gets weird whims to play a large variety of games from time to time so I think having the PSP Go's ability to have all my games on a memory card instead of needing to carry around a fanny pack to keep all my DS carts in is a big draw for me towards the PSP.

Ether way though my first priority is to get my PC up and running. So it won't be any time soon that I get a portable gaming system again. Unless I get the job I'm applying too and I find that it has a lot of down time, in which case I may put a fast track on getting something.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgentJ
@crusader8463: Well if you're going to get a PSP, get a 1000 or 3000 because the go is useless and expensive. You can get a normal PSP and a larger memory stick for at least 60 less than a go would cost, and you would keep those big screens that you love (the PSP go has much smaller screens.) Just for good measure, here's the good RPGs that show up on that list I linked to earlier.  
And get these:

Personal PSP Collection

1. Lumines II
2. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Fireteam Bravo
3. Me & My Katamari
4. Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
5. Valkyrie Profile
6. PaRappa the Rapper
7. God of War: Chains of Olympus
8. WipEout Pure
9. Dissidia: Final Fantasy
10. Fate/Unlimited Codes
11. Tales of VS.
12. Jeanne d'Arc

@AgentJ said:

"  I'm still confused by this whole "PSP has more/better RPGS" The DS has an entry in Lunar, Final Fantasy (if you include GBA, it has I, II, III, IV, V, and VI), Y's, Disgaea, Suikoden, and Valkyrie Profile, along with  Chrono Trigger, Lufia, four numbered Dragon Quests, two Shin Megami Tensei, Glory of Heracles, FF tactics, an online Phantasy Star, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and a ton of great original properties like The World Ends With You, Etrian Oddysey, Luminous Arc, Infinite Space, Avalon Code, Sands of Destruction, Izuna, and Nostalgia. And those are just the ones on the list, and none of the ones that haven't come out yet, like Golden Sun DS and Blood of Bahamut, or the games that will never cross the ocean like Soma Bringer or Sigma Harmonics. The PSP certainly isn't lacking in the RPG, but there isn't a lot of facts to go along with a statement like "The PSP has the DS beat in that area". It's really like saying the XBOX had the PS2 beat in RPGS. It's easy to say, but hard to back up. "

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By AndrewB

Persona 3 Portable. Persona 3 Portable. Persona 3 Portable.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Iceman2913
@AgentJ said:
" @MonetaryDread: I'm still confused by this whole "PSP has more/better RPGS" The DS has an entry in Lunar, Final Fantasy (if you include GBA, it has I, II, III, IV, V, and VI), Y's, Disgaea, Suikoden, and Valkyrie Profile, along with  Chrono Trigger, Lufia, four numbered Dragon Quests, two Shin Megami Tensei, Glory of Heracles, FF tactics, an online Phantasy Star, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and a ton of great original properties like The World Ends With You, Etrian Oddysey, Luminous Arc, Infinite Space, Avalon Code, Sands of Destruction, Izuna, and Nostalgia. And those are just the ones on the list, and none of the ones that haven't come out yet, like Golden Sun DS and Blood of Bahamut, or the games that will never cross the ocean like Soma Bringer or Sigma Harmonics. The PSP certainly isn't lacking in the RPG, but there isn't a lot of facts to go along with a statement like "The PSP has the DS beat in that area". It's really like saying the XBOX had the PS2 beat in RPGS. It's easy to say, but hard to back up. "
The DS doesn't have PS1 downloads like FF7,8,9 wild arms grandia and hopefully vagrant story. The DS has more RPGs in general but it depends on the type the person is trying to find or series.
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By AndrewB
@Iceman2913 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @MonetaryDread: I'm still confused by this whole "PSP has more/better RPGS" The DS has an entry in Lunar, Final Fantasy (if you include GBA, it has I, II, III, IV, V, and VI), Y's, Disgaea, Suikoden, and Valkyrie Profile, along with  Chrono Trigger, Lufia, four numbered Dragon Quests, two Shin Megami Tensei, Glory of Heracles, FF tactics, an online Phantasy Star, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and a ton of great original properties like The World Ends With You, Etrian Oddysey, Luminous Arc, Infinite Space, Avalon Code, Sands of Destruction, Izuna, and Nostalgia. And those are just the ones on the list, and none of the ones that haven't come out yet, like Golden Sun DS and Blood of Bahamut, or the games that will never cross the ocean like Soma Bringer or Sigma Harmonics. The PSP certainly isn't lacking in the RPG, but there isn't a lot of facts to go along with a statement like "The PSP has the DS beat in that area". It's really like saying the XBOX had the PS2 beat in RPGS. It's easy to say, but hard to back up. "
The DS doesn't have PS1 downloads like FF7,8,9 wild arms grandia and hopefully vagrant story. The DS has more RPGs in general but it depends on the type the person is trying to find or series. "
Also, the PSP has the better game in the Final Fantasy Tactics series. A2 was pretty terrible, in my opinion. Though if you're counting backwards compatibility, at least it has Tactics Advance.

But if you're going to own a 3DS eventually anyway, the debate about which system is better for what type of games really doesn't matter. Owning both consoles is ultimately the best solution if you can afford it.
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Iceman2913
@AndrewB said:
" @Iceman2913 said:
" @AgentJ said:
The DS doesn't have PS1 downloads like FF7,8,9 wild arms grandia and hopefully vagrant story. The DS has more RPGs in general but it depends on the type the person is trying to find or series. "
Also, the PSP has the better game in the Final Fantasy Tactics series. A2 was pretty terrible, in my opinion. Though if you're counting backwards compatibility, at least it has Tactics Advance.  But if you're going to own a 3DS eventually anyway, the debate about which system is better for what type of games really doesn't matter.Owning both consoles is ultimately the best solution if you can afford it. "
That was my plan