The land of Hoenn, according to legend, was created when Groudon and Kyogre fought thousands of years ago. Lava came together with water to from the entire region. This story is continued in Ruby and Saphire. In which Team Magma or Team Aqua attempt to re - awaken either Groudon or Kyogre respectively in order to form more land, or more water.
Towns of Hoenn
The cities and towns of Hoenn are as follows:
- Littleroot Town: The place where you start the game. Professor Birch's lab is found here. There is no Pokémon Center or Poké Mart here.
- Oldale Town: The first town you reach when setting out. you get a free potion if you talk to the PokeMart worker outside.
- Petalburg City: Your dad, Norman, is the gym leader here. He uses normal-type Pokémon, but you won't get to fight him immeadietly.
- Rustboro City: The gym leader here is Roxanne. She uses rock-type Pokémon.
- Dewford Town : The gym leader here is Brawly. He uses fight-type Pokémon.
- Slateport City: The Biggest city in the game, it has an outdoor market, and a Contest Hall/Battle Tent
- Mauville City: The gym leader here is Wattson. He uses electric-type Pokémon.
- Verdanturf Town: this is where Wally stays with his cousin. It also has a Contest Hall/Battle Tent.
- Lavaridge Town: The gym leader here is Flannery. She uses fire-type Pokémon.
- Fallabor Town: The town where Prof. Cozmo lives. It also holds a Contest Hall/Battle Tent.
- Fortree City: The gym leader here is Winona. She uses flying-type Pokémon.
- Lilycove City: one of the Biggest Cities, with a department store, and the Master Contest Hall.
- Mossdeep City: The gym leaders here are Tate & Liza. They use psychic-type Pokémon.
- Sootopolis City: The gym leader here is Wallace in Ruby/Sapphire, and Juan in Emerald. They both use water-type Pokémon.
- Ever Grande City: Victory Road and the Pokémon League are found here.
- Pacifidlog Town: A floating town that leads into a Water Labrynth to the west. it also gives access to Mirage Island under certain conditions.