Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Any one else have hella gameplay bugs?

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TheLastNeo

I've only been playing for about 2 hours and I've had one or two cut scenes where the character models lips aren't moving at all, but you can clearly hear them talking. In addition , I've had several instances of Npcs getting randomly stuck in geometry , and weird Clipping here and there. I've played through all AC's and this is the first game where it's been extremely apparent / glitchy. Any one else having these issues? (playing on ps3)

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Clonedzero

i fell through the earth once. i got stuck on the ground once.

thats all ive had for bugs and ive played ALOT.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

I had on brief cut scene where a character didn't move his lips. That's pretty much the only bug I've had. I have played for maybe 8-10h on PS3.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By ttocs

I wouldn't say "hella" game bugs, but definitely some. I had the no lip movement of the captain on the ship and one time I had to restart a checkpoint in order for a mission to progress, but it's nothing out of the ordinary for a game that is brand new. I'm sure they will patch in some fixes soon.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mercutio123

Just playing now and there was a man half in the ground. And yesterday awoman got caught in my carriage wheel. Also there is shit load of pop in going on....

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Zirilius

Can we count raising American Flags on overtaken forts before the 13 colonies declared their independence a bug?

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Z3RO180

@ttocs: do you know how to remove weapons from your guys person ?

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By linkster7

Scripting broke once so I had to restart checkpoint and I had the lips not moving once. This is about maybe 4-5 hours of play

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By DjCmeP

Often the character's lips don't move during cutscenes when there's talking and once or twice the scripted scene was broken and also this happened:

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By sumbog

I am having no voice audio on the PS3 for some reason, not sure whats causing it or what to do.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zirilius

@Sumbog: turn off DTS in your PS3's audio settings if you have it enabled. Seems to be the fix for a lot of people

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blur_Fan

My coworkers spent 2 days convincing me that they'd seen 0 bugs and that it was the most solid AC yet.

Popped the game in, controlled my character for the first time in the Theater scene: AI gets caught in the row of people in front of us, flops around/trips over people triggering the same dialogue and blocking me in forcing a restart

....sigh

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By gaminghooligan

yeah I've had some bugs, hopefully they patch this, I really like the game, but when I go to jump onto the mast of a ship and my character is launched hundreds of feet into the sky then plummets to his death there's something that needs fixed. I've also fallen through the earth a couple times, been unable to dismount a horse while free roaming, and been killed by wolves because the button prompts don't appear. Like I said I would assume these are all easily patched, and since its Ubisoft I know they can. Still an awesome game though, sort of having the same feeling I did playing unpatched post-release skyrim

Edit: Also I've played quite a bit, since Sandy cancelled my classes yesterday, I'm at around 10-11 hours

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I haven't seen any glitches on the 360 version but I'm not super far into the game yet.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zaccheus

I seem to always have the best luck with this stuff. Everyone always complains about everything being bugged but I have no problems. Bethesda games being an exception, although on a PC you can fix most things with some console commands.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gaminghooligan

@DjCmeP: Yeah I've seen that horse glitch a few times now.

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blur_Fan

I somehow always have the worst luck with game glitches. I seem to find all of them. BL2 starting getting real hiccup-y on the back end.

Now I'm having sad memories about Fallout: New Vegas again :(

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Commisar123

I certainly have, it sounds like many reviewers have as well, so it's certainly not just you, though severity tends to differ from person to person

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DjCmeP

@ChadMasterFlash: Yeah. I haven't heard anything bad about the 360 version, only about the PS3 one.

Mattf2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mattf2312

I've enjoyed the game so far but I've definitely seen some bugs, especially with the horses. Usually it's some issue with collision detection where they walk over something weird and then just start stuttering/generally flipping out. Then again I haven't touched any of the previous games since they came out so this problem could've been there too. Playing on 360 btw

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mpgeist

I've had lips frozen, character models disappear during cutscenes, horses stuck in trees. All in about 4 hours of play.

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheLastNeo

Wow, well glad Im not the only one.. and perhaps "hella" was a bit much..

Still thought, hope I dont keep seeing alot more of these, Im much too hype about this game for it to be constantly hitting me with random bugs.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SethMode

I haven't had too many awful bugs (my most repeated one are guys "spotting me" then freezing in that animation so even though they can't see me anymore, they keep yelling like they're going to my last position. Effectively, I can't get out of it. It has caused me to not go after Full Sync a couple of times.

My biggest issue with the game (which I do very much enjoy) is that the environment just can be frustrating as hell sometimes, ESPECIALLY while on horseback (which while I know is nothing new, but the inclusion of a ton of woods makes long treks for items almost impossible on horseback).

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shaggydude

Ya the menus suck too!

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I"m on PS3, one time near the beggining lips stopped moving and that's it, I'm about 7 hours in

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sumbog

@Zirilius: It didn't work, but thanks anyways

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sooperspy

I picked up a powder keg and some loud shrieking noise came through, and the screen went white. The checkpoint was 10 seconds earlier so I wasn't pissed, it was just weird. And of course some other weird glitchy stuff some of the other users have posted.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I've had two notable ones.

the first was just the non-moving lips bug. It was actually kind of funny. There was a part when one of the characters leaned in to say something to another guy's face, but since his lips weren't moving it looked they were about to kiss.

The other one was then graphics just got really blurry for no reason. I thought it was supposed to be some sort of cinematic effect but then it wouldn't go away. Thankfully a quick reload solved that.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IBurningStar

I've seen more than my fair share of bugs. I don't even know how many times I have had to revert back to the last checkpoint. If I had to guess the number would be close to around ten or so times, at least. The scripting has either broken or characters get stuck in geometry. The number one offender being Sam Adams. That guy loves to cause me grief. There was a mission where you had to walk down the street with him to the docks. The first time he didn't feel like moving, and the second time someone walked in front of him and he gave up on life and stopped walking. He has got stuck on objects in the environment numerous times because his path fidning seems to be total shit. I've also seen the character lips not moving glitch, as well as had vital dialogue cut out and leave me slightly lost on exactly what I should be doing. I mean, I figure it out, but it is slightly annoying spending a few moments sussing out the objective.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By JSwan13

I'm experiencing a shit-load of bugs and it's really getting me down on this game.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm constantly getting notifications unrelated to what's going on. I was getting the LB assassination prompt well before I even had an assassin to call in. For a while, town criers were always spawning in pairs. A few homestead related issues which I mentioned in another thread. It's hit or miss as to whether I will actually get a prompt to pull down a wanted poster. Most recently, I was doing the Oak Island mission, and the game wouldn't recognize my puzzle solutions. I know they were right because a) I had already done 3/4 of them before accidentally jumping out of a tree and desynching, and b) I checked a video walk through to make sure that I wasn't crazy and really was doing them correctly

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Barrock

Loving the game but it could've used another month in the oven.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By drac96

I've had quite a few glitches, like enemies getting stuck inside crates and characters I'm supposed to follow going all over the place for no reason.

My personal favorite though was yesterday when there were two Achilles on the homestead. One was petting a horse, and the other was chatting me up. Then later when I came back they were both inside. One was sitting and the other was chilling out next to him.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Barrock

Weird I just had a cutscene flash in black and white every 30 seconds or so.

Maybe my PS3 is dying?

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Only encountered this thus far;

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37  Edited By Deusoma

Aside from the usual jank that I've come to accept like weird climbing or combat animations depending on where people were standing, or leaping off in the wrong direction because of a confused input during a climb, I have noticed a lot more bugs than I usually see in an Assassin's Creed game.

Let me see, there was a cutscene where one of the characters vanished into thin air, and his lines continued to be delivered by the empty chair the camera would cut to when it was his turn. Almost every single time I pick up a dead/unconscious body, the person's right leg is bent forward at the knee at around a 45 degree angle (which means the foot is floating off the ground and the leg looks broken). One of the Animus Database entries "updated" with additional info the very instant I got it, long before it was supposed to (which actually spoiled the early game plot twist for me, by the way :P). Finally, no matter what colours I've dyed Connor's outfit, whenever a cutscene starts, he's shown wearing the default blue-on-white colours, which is especially confusing to me as they've had dyable clothes since Assassin's Creed II, and Ezio's outfits never reverted to their default colours when he entered a cutscene.

This is most disconcerting, given that I've been looking forward to this game all year, and Assassin's Creed is one of my favourite franchises. This is supposed to be the game they've been working on in secret since 2009, right? Why does it have more bugs than the side games they cranked out in a year? Oh well, at least most of what I've seen is minor, hopefully they'll be able to patch some of it out.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Damian

PS3:

I've had a few. Horses stuck on troughs. Me stuck in a rock. Hard crash jumping off my horse. Funky extension of character models. A lot of missing HUD prompts. And a few spots where audio drops out, most notably at [an early victory in Boston] where I assume people were supposed to be cheering loudly for me. Raising my arms to a very awkward silence.

I don't mind them so much, though. It's consistant with the other AC games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but as long as they're not game breaking I don't care(though I wish the game didn't have them).

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pezen

Had the worst but hilarious bug, was just about complete an early mission and there were no checkpoint between. Was about to jump over a low fence with a hay stack on the other side. As he jumped up he flew up into the sky like Superman with his hands straight up. Left the screen and proceeded to fall down the same path where ge inevitably died from the fall. Funny but it caused me to end that session. Other than that, getting stuck in geometry, AI dudes not activating/engaging. But nothing that has really ruined my experience.

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By launch

I had my horse spawn in the ground, a dude walk off a cliff, my dude climb the mast from the inside, I fell down a canyon that wasn't high enough to kill and could walk a little before I entered the Desync zone and suddenly ragdolled to the floor, a horse was humping his feeding trough, the lips don't flap or flap like crazy. Game is full of jank and I am hoping for a patch, but so far it's better than the Quick Look made it seem. Also, I love the MP, and that seems fine.

PuckGoodfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PuckGoodfellow

Lip-synching errors are pretty tiny compared to what I've experienced (tho I have seen those too).

I'm about 80% through the story and just realizing the all the Homestead/Artisan missions have been missing from my game. Not just 'I can't find them,' but, 'they are not there.' I was wondering when I'd have the opportunity to craft a pistol belt or some refined goods to trade, and it turns out the answer is "never." The best I can do is start over, but at this point it almost seems pointless and petty. Just makes me bitter at missing those parts and wanting to trade the game in as soon as I finish the story.

Oh, same thing with the Recruitment and Hunting lodges. I can do a couple of the Assassin recruitments for each area, but I can never ever complete one, either due to unresponsive NPCs or missions that just don't appear. I definitely paid too much for this game.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Barrock

Annnnd I just got stuck inside a building that you're not supposed to get into. A assassination target was inside, and pressing attack made me jump at him and inside the building. Could not get out until I fast traveled.

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By 42manZ

I've had a couple. Mostly things falling. I got stuck in a tree after assassinating a Redcoat who was stuck in a tree. Nothing game breaking, fortunately. Knock on wood.

I might check out the PC version if that gets a better report. Otherwise I've been pretty happy with it.

Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Kermity

Yeah, nothing gamebreaking for me yet but you can tell, this really could have benefited from a few more months of QA and fixing. Just doesn't have the same level of polish that the other games did. That's the bad thing about hard deadlines I guess.

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Wheady

ive seen my fair share of glitches on the 360 version. ive seen people and animals simply disappear, lip syncing is all over the place, i got attacked during a cut scene once and was killed, lol. another one that happens very often is yellow and red attack markers not showing up on guys when they go to attack.

probably the funnest one i encountered was while i was playing last night. i was in boston and my notoriety was at level 3. i started to run up to a town crier when i was spotted by several guards and attacked. i took them out but they respawned right away and attacked me again. this continued for 5-10 mins and by the time i got bored and ran away u couldnt see the road cause there were so many bodies, lol.

so nothing really game breaking for me so far. it is a little disappointing to see this lack of polish though.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Spiritgod

It's a comforting to say the least to see other gamers having issues. Not that review scores matter, but seeing several high score all the while me being somewhat disappointed in that the longer I played the more this game feels lazy and rushed, at least in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still loved playing this game, but to have that lingering thought of what this game could have been if more polish could have been applied, just makes me sad. Maybe the PC version will be different, but I doubt it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#48  Edited By StarvingGamer

I've suffered from a bit of open-world jank but nothing worse than the other AC games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.