Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

Ass Creed is ass

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Moeez

You know before, I used to affectionally abbreviate Assassin's Creed into "Ass Creed". How little did I know that was ironically true.

I can now finally say Ass Creed is a bad game, with justification.

I thought I shouldn't pass judgement on the game before I finish it, because who knows what might come up? A new challenge, a new boss, or a new type of gameplay. I waited. Then the credits rolled. It never came. This game was such a chore to finish, and you'd say don't play any more if you don't enjoy it, but I needed to so my opinion is concrete.

This game could NOT have been made by 150 people at Ubisoft MONTREAL of all places. It's almost a disservice to the actually talented guys there. The amount of repetition is almost a really bad running joke. The same dialogue from saved citizens, the exact same missions, and more arbitrary padding out of what "game" there is into more than 1 hour. Now I hear 450 people are working on Ass Creed 2: Ass In Ass Boogaloo. Let's hope they can make a bad game into a good one. Because I don't like hating games. I only hate games when I'm not actively enjoying them.

I can perfectly understand people "liking" the game, or even "loving" it. Those are for when you're looking from the outside, as if you're detached. However, someone saying they actually enjoyed the game would be baffling. The controls aren't even as responsive as you'd want from a pure action game. If you love the story, the graphics, the sound, or even just the controls, I'm with you there. And that's all the aesthetics. But that's not part of the "game".

The game is a tech demo. It's literally 15 minutes stretched and padded out with stupid design. Copy and paste of the highest order. It's a perfect case of graphics over gameplay, just like Resident Evil 5. My cousin was asking the question, "If you're not enjoying the game, why are you still playing it?" I said, "FOR THE GRAPHIXXX! No but seriously, this game is a chore and I want it done with so my opinion can be concrete on this game. So the graphics are the only thing tiding me over."

The real problem is, Ass Creed is a completely linear game with a sandbox disguise. This is not a sandbox game, and it's only open world in the way that you can choose which city you want to fast-travel to. The invisible walls might have given you an idea ;). Another big problem that really stuck out and become annoying was the whole puppetering. Maybe the game's giving a metaphorical ironic message by actually removing any kind of choice from the player. You're being led by the nose to do a specific mission in a very specific way. You can't even go into water, for chrissake, which is in the 2nd game, so there's some weird ret-conning going on there. "Memory Fast Forward" and whatnot.

Unlike an open world game, you DO NOT dictate the pacing. That's the big appeal of open world games, being able to dictate the pacing, and go about it however you wish. Do a little of that, and some of that, etc. You have no choice in stealth kills, either they're in low-profile, high-profile, or death from above. The death from above kill (that you see in all the trailers) is severely limited. This is not Tenchu. You can't jump from the side of the building and drop down on a dude with your hidden blade. Nope. It's arbitrarily limited to being exactly with 2 feet above the guy in question. This is an example of how the game gives you hardly any choice, and feels more like a Metal Gear game.

The only choice I ever got was, I could gather all the prepatory investigation (view points/interrogation/pick-pocketing) BEFORE I got to the Bureau. This part is also tedious, because you usually have to get 6 or 12 view points before you can get the investigative missions, like pick-pocketing or interrogation. Why not just one? If it was just one, it would make Altair a more Batman-like character who can scope out a place for one second and know everything!

Doing pre-bureau investigation was especially important to combat the biggest douchebag other than Altair, Malik. You remember Malik? The douchebag in Jerusalem's Bureau who always gave you ****. Even till the game I had forgotten who he was, and apparently he was one of the guys in the temple with us at the beginning who lost his arm! Haha, who knew?! Maybe it's a sign that the plot can be kind of forgettable, or that the boring repetition had made me forget. And I thought he was being a douchebag just because this game has no likeable characters and it was another excellent running joke. I would do all the view points in an unexplored area, like the Rich District of some place, before I touched the Bureau just so I would have a comeback to Malik. I wanted to be prepared for his douchebaggery.

One thing I hate and is so contradictory to the whole game is, killing interrogation targets. Where does it say in the Creed you can kill the poor messengers? Literally Altair will say "ok, I will stay my blade if you tell me the info", and then he'll say "can't have any witnesses! teehee so evil aren't I?!". WTF, Altair. He kills ALL of them. If the target does tell anyone else, THEN you have authority to kill him because he broke his promise. Not just because you're a sociopath, Altair?!

The big problem with the lack of choice and puppetering in this game is, the game stops empowering you. All this arbitrary limiters like "High-Profile" and the "Synchronisation Meter" just make the game more tedious than it already is. Having to get 6 view points. Invisible walls (IW) everywhere. Worst use of IW is in the actual Assassination area. It's easy to say, this is no Hitman game where you can sabotage a place, and let a chandelier fall down on your target, and get out of there without a scratch.

The only reason I didn't mind alerting everyone and saving citizens was because combat was so easy and actually enjoyable. It's just a unique combat system, and it's just more around timing than button combos. It's extremely barebones, but I'm glad they evolved it a lot more in Prince of Persia ( 2008 ) to add some rhythm. You get some sickly satisfying counter and kill animations, that give a great payoff. However, again the half-assed job is shown again in the combat when the game never offers you any more challenges EVER till the credits roll and instead opt to just throw more guys at you, like when you're going to Arsuf. Contrast that to Resident Evil 4 where there are new challenges at every corner, and I can already feel that you're nodding your ass off.

The only purely good gameplay mechanic in this game that doesn't have a noticeable flaw is: the free-running. Even if the level design is super copy and paste to allow you to run through a whole city's rooftops really fast, it's the one empowerment you get from this game that's now the "in" word for games (Mirror's Edge, Prototype, inFamous). Yes, it's still very boring having to hold down Right Trigger+A the whole time, and the only control in your part is aiming the left analog stick. Nevertheless, the automatic free-running button of Right Trigger allows you to do more stuff with the rest of the gameplay. Which is where Prototype comes in, but I've already discussed that before.

I can guess what went down at Ubi Montreal. The game was in 4 years of development, but they spent 3 years in making the Scimitar engine (the graphics are good!) and 1 year on the actual game. That's why you have a very rushed job of a game here. I'm just surprised there were some critics who were lenient on the game. Here's what blatantly copy-and-paste in the game: the cities, the missions, the NPC dialogue, the encounters, the assassination targets (3 after 3 and then the final 2). So much déjà vu for the locales, I thought I was in Acre when I was actually in Jerusalem. There's just not enough of a "game" here. Asides from the Gears of War series, this has to be the most boring high-profile game I've ever played.

This is not just my opinion, even my cousins hate the game and so do any person on the street or gamestore. They might not articulate it as well or bother to give their opinion on some website like I do, but they are aware of the suckage as you should be. This game is not worth playing, which is why I'm glad I didn't pay $60, and you'd rather just play Crackdown or Prototype or Infamous.

I even bothered to get the name of the guy responsible for mission structure in this game: Marc Antoine Lussier. Blame him. They've probably fired him from the 2nd game, since they said they're re-vamping everything.

What I did like was everything that isn't the game, like I said before. The revisionist tale is handled surprisingly well with enough intrigue to want to know what the Templars want. Corey May, I tip my hat to you. Great writing in the game. Presented through terribly expositional storytelling in the form of forced cutscenes. Problem with storytelling: if it's in-game but you don't bother to actually direct a cutscene and just have Altair move around and be able to change camera angles, NO ONE will care about your story! If you want to stuff it down our necks and hope it sticks, just do a normal cutscene with close-ups.

The music is excellent obviously since it's by Jesper Kyd again (Hitman, Kane and Lynch). Altair himself is a very iconic character design, and one I wouldn't mind cosplaying as.

There you go, I dissected the game like the over-analyser I am. If you disagree at any point, start with "Speak Sense" because Altair says that all the time. If you agree completely, start with "*nodding*".

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Moeez

You know before, I used to affectionally abbreviate Assassin's Creed into "Ass Creed". How little did I know that was ironically true.

I can now finally say Ass Creed is a bad game, with justification.

I thought I shouldn't pass judgement on the game before I finish it, because who knows what might come up? A new challenge, a new boss, or a new type of gameplay. I waited. Then the credits rolled. It never came. This game was such a chore to finish, and you'd say don't play any more if you don't enjoy it, but I needed to so my opinion is concrete.

This game could NOT have been made by 150 people at Ubisoft MONTREAL of all places. It's almost a disservice to the actually talented guys there. The amount of repetition is almost a really bad running joke. The same dialogue from saved citizens, the exact same missions, and more arbitrary padding out of what "game" there is into more than 1 hour. Now I hear 450 people are working on Ass Creed 2: Ass In Ass Boogaloo. Let's hope they can make a bad game into a good one. Because I don't like hating games. I only hate games when I'm not actively enjoying them.

I can perfectly understand people "liking" the game, or even "loving" it. Those are for when you're looking from the outside, as if you're detached. However, someone saying they actually enjoyed the game would be baffling. The controls aren't even as responsive as you'd want from a pure action game. If you love the story, the graphics, the sound, or even just the controls, I'm with you there. And that's all the aesthetics. But that's not part of the "game".

The game is a tech demo. It's literally 15 minutes stretched and padded out with stupid design. Copy and paste of the highest order. It's a perfect case of graphics over gameplay, just like Resident Evil 5. My cousin was asking the question, "If you're not enjoying the game, why are you still playing it?" I said, "FOR THE GRAPHIXXX! No but seriously, this game is a chore and I want it done with so my opinion can be concrete on this game. So the graphics are the only thing tiding me over."

The real problem is, Ass Creed is a completely linear game with a sandbox disguise. This is not a sandbox game, and it's only open world in the way that you can choose which city you want to fast-travel to. The invisible walls might have given you an idea ;). Another big problem that really stuck out and become annoying was the whole puppetering. Maybe the game's giving a metaphorical ironic message by actually removing any kind of choice from the player. You're being led by the nose to do a specific mission in a very specific way. You can't even go into water, for chrissake, which is in the 2nd game, so there's some weird ret-conning going on there. "Memory Fast Forward" and whatnot.

Unlike an open world game, you DO NOT dictate the pacing. That's the big appeal of open world games, being able to dictate the pacing, and go about it however you wish. Do a little of that, and some of that, etc. You have no choice in stealth kills, either they're in low-profile, high-profile, or death from above. The death from above kill (that you see in all the trailers) is severely limited. This is not Tenchu. You can't jump from the side of the building and drop down on a dude with your hidden blade. Nope. It's arbitrarily limited to being exactly with 2 feet above the guy in question. This is an example of how the game gives you hardly any choice, and feels more like a Metal Gear game.

The only choice I ever got was, I could gather all the prepatory investigation (view points/interrogation/pick-pocketing) BEFORE I got to the Bureau. This part is also tedious, because you usually have to get 6 or 12 view points before you can get the investigative missions, like pick-pocketing or interrogation. Why not just one? If it was just one, it would make Altair a more Batman-like character who can scope out a place for one second and know everything!

Doing pre-bureau investigation was especially important to combat the biggest douchebag other than Altair, Malik. You remember Malik? The douchebag in Jerusalem's Bureau who always gave you ****. Even till the game I had forgotten who he was, and apparently he was one of the guys in the temple with us at the beginning who lost his arm! Haha, who knew?! Maybe it's a sign that the plot can be kind of forgettable, or that the boring repetition had made me forget. And I thought he was being a douchebag just because this game has no likeable characters and it was another excellent running joke. I would do all the view points in an unexplored area, like the Rich District of some place, before I touched the Bureau just so I would have a comeback to Malik. I wanted to be prepared for his douchebaggery.

One thing I hate and is so contradictory to the whole game is, killing interrogation targets. Where does it say in the Creed you can kill the poor messengers? Literally Altair will say "ok, I will stay my blade if you tell me the info", and then he'll say "can't have any witnesses! teehee so evil aren't I?!". WTF, Altair. He kills ALL of them. If the target does tell anyone else, THEN you have authority to kill him because he broke his promise. Not just because you're a sociopath, Altair?!

The big problem with the lack of choice and puppetering in this game is, the game stops empowering you. All this arbitrary limiters like "High-Profile" and the "Synchronisation Meter" just make the game more tedious than it already is. Having to get 6 view points. Invisible walls (IW) everywhere. Worst use of IW is in the actual Assassination area. It's easy to say, this is no Hitman game where you can sabotage a place, and let a chandelier fall down on your target, and get out of there without a scratch.

The only reason I didn't mind alerting everyone and saving citizens was because combat was so easy and actually enjoyable. It's just a unique combat system, and it's just more around timing than button combos. It's extremely barebones, but I'm glad they evolved it a lot more in Prince of Persia ( 2008 ) to add some rhythm. You get some sickly satisfying counter and kill animations, that give a great payoff. However, again the half-assed job is shown again in the combat when the game never offers you any more challenges EVER till the credits roll and instead opt to just throw more guys at you, like when you're going to Arsuf. Contrast that to Resident Evil 4 where there are new challenges at every corner, and I can already feel that you're nodding your ass off.

The only purely good gameplay mechanic in this game that doesn't have a noticeable flaw is: the free-running. Even if the level design is super copy and paste to allow you to run through a whole city's rooftops really fast, it's the one empowerment you get from this game that's now the "in" word for games (Mirror's Edge, Prototype, inFamous). Yes, it's still very boring having to hold down Right Trigger+A the whole time, and the only control in your part is aiming the left analog stick. Nevertheless, the automatic free-running button of Right Trigger allows you to do more stuff with the rest of the gameplay. Which is where Prototype comes in, but I've already discussed that before.

I can guess what went down at Ubi Montreal. The game was in 4 years of development, but they spent 3 years in making the Scimitar engine (the graphics are good!) and 1 year on the actual game. That's why you have a very rushed job of a game here. I'm just surprised there were some critics who were lenient on the game. Here's what blatantly copy-and-paste in the game: the cities, the missions, the NPC dialogue, the encounters, the assassination targets (3 after 3 and then the final 2). So much déjà vu for the locales, I thought I was in Acre when I was actually in Jerusalem. There's just not enough of a "game" here. Asides from the Gears of War series, this has to be the most boring high-profile game I've ever played.

This is not just my opinion, even my cousins hate the game and so do any person on the street or gamestore. They might not articulate it as well or bother to give their opinion on some website like I do, but they are aware of the suckage as you should be. This game is not worth playing, which is why I'm glad I didn't pay $60, and you'd rather just play Crackdown or Prototype or Infamous.

I even bothered to get the name of the guy responsible for mission structure in this game: Marc Antoine Lussier. Blame him. They've probably fired him from the 2nd game, since they said they're re-vamping everything.

What I did like was everything that isn't the game, like I said before. The revisionist tale is handled surprisingly well with enough intrigue to want to know what the Templars want. Corey May, I tip my hat to you. Great writing in the game. Presented through terribly expositional storytelling in the form of forced cutscenes. Problem with storytelling: if it's in-game but you don't bother to actually direct a cutscene and just have Altair move around and be able to change camera angles, NO ONE will care about your story! If you want to stuff it down our necks and hope it sticks, just do a normal cutscene with close-ups.

The music is excellent obviously since it's by Jesper Kyd again (Hitman, Kane and Lynch). Altair himself is a very iconic character design, and one I wouldn't mind cosplaying as.

There you go, I dissected the game like the over-analyser I am. If you disagree at any point, start with "Speak Sense" because Altair says that all the time. If you agree completely, start with "*nodding*".

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

The reason you kill interrogation targets is because if you let them go they might tell the person you're trying to assassinate that they are going to be assassinated.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

You lose relevance when you continue to call it Ass Creed so I stopped reading.

@TheMustacheHero said:

" The reason you kill interrogation targets is because if you let them go they might tell the person you're trying to assassinate that they are going to be assassinated. "

and this.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ZeroCast

For a guy who gave Resident Evil 5 a 1.0, yeah, you definitely got my attention with this article.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Arkthemaniac: I didn't read the article as I lost interest as soon as he called it Ass Creed. That video however... was great!
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By T0mF5

Crackdown is just as repetitive as Assassin's Creed.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Comments on Assassin's Creed:  if the game didn't take three fucking hours before I could actually just do stuff, I would probably play it again.

Comments on that video:  I like Creed...but that video was goddamn AMAZINGLY HILARIOUS!!!
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Nasar7
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " The reason you kill interrogation targets is because if you let them go they might tell the person you're trying to assassinate that they are going to be assassinated. "
    Other than this, I agree with you completely OP.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Emilio
    @T0mF5:

But Crackdown is supposed to be a pick up and play arcade game

And yes, Resident Evil 5 is nothing but graphics over gameplay.
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Moeez
    @Nasar7:
    Yeah, but can't Altair at least threaten to kill their families (because he's that damn good) so he can let them go? rofl
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jayge_

"However, someone saying they actually enjoyed the game would be baffling."

I enjoyed the game immensely and have seen it through to its completion almost three times, although I watched mostly (and coached a bit) for the last 1.5 or 2 times while I let others play. It's one of my favorite games. Get baffled, bitch! (Don't get offended by that, I just felt like it needed the bitch part to look right.)
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Moeez said:
    " @Nasar7:
    Yeah, but can't Altair at least threaten to kill their families (because he's that damn good) so he can let them go? rofl
    "
    What if the person had no family? Then they wouldn't be threatened and they can still report the assassination attempt. Plus, Assassin's don't let people off with warnings. "If you do that again you'll get a time-out mister!"
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Moeez
    @Jayge:
    Ok, but why did you enjoy it "immensely"? I know it's hard putting a metric on an enjoyment of a game, but what stuff did you have fun with? I had most fun just running and tackling people, and throwing them around into merchant stands. 
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Brundage

didnt read wall of text but that game did suck hella

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RsistncE
    @Moeez: Stop being a dink and saying this isn't your opinion. It IS your opinion. Many people thought the game was awesome, you're just going to have to deal with that.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude

I really liked the game more than I thought I would. The animation was fantastic while climbing and getting around the city. The combat was okay, not great, but it worked well for what it needed to do. I really didn't mind the repetition, because I had fun with what was there. The ending was really repetitious, but I persevered and conquered the game. After playing this game, Assassin's Creed 2 is a day one buy for me.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By babblinmule

The game sold 8 million copies first-hand alone - that generally means that quite a large amount of people liked it.....

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By zameer

agreed, assassin's creed was lovely the first hour or so. the experience went downhill after i had to jump up dozens of lookout points, do the same "open world quests, save the very same woman again and again.. you get the idea. i'm afraid all this means i won't be approaching ac2 with an open mind, if i ever do get around to playing it.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowKing7
    1. Controls pretty much are part of gameplay, not aesthetics like graphics and sound.
    2. Dude, continually calling it Ass Creed makes you come off as really butthurt and doesn't help your argument.
    3. So what if other people enjoy it?  I enjoyed the game, even with the flaws.  I've even started replaying it in anticipation for the sequel coming (which looks to fix a lot of problems from this game).  Just because other people enjoy a game you don't doesn't make those people idiots.  I don't call out other people on games I don't like or think are bad because different people enjoy different things.  You can give your opinion on a game just fine, but, please, don't call out people that enjoy it, lest you wanna look like a pissed off fanboy.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Agree with mostly everyone here on the fact that continually calling it "Ass creed" shows your ignorance and removes all traces of maturity and seriousness from your lengthy post.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By djstyles92

yea i didn't read cause i saw ass creed too much...makes u look childish

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#23  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The fact that you fail to spell out the full name of the game automatically removes any intention of mine to read all of your article.

Oh, and I enjoyed Assassin's Creed. Sure, it suffered from repetition, but climbing around the city and knifing dudes was fun.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Moeez
    @ShadowKing7:
    Did you even READ the whole thing? I never called anyone an "idiot" and never insulted anyone who liked the game, I only said it's just "baffling" to me how someone could enjoy this game. If you guys are going to cherry-pick my post like this, doesn't it mean you guys are a little on the defensive and don't want to actually debate?

I can't say Ass Creed? I only ever used to say it, because I don't want to type out assassin in every sentence. Kapish? Is this what you guys do with books, too? Just read the title? haha
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hitchenson
    @T0mF5 said:
    "

Crackdown is an incredibly awesome game that I love.

"
    I'm glad you think so, good sir.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By Icemael
    @Moeez said:
    "If you love the story, the graphics, the sound, or even just the controls, I'm with you there. And that's all the aesthetics. But that's not part of the "game""
    Oh, but they are. What are you gonna say next? That a movie's soundtrack isn't part of the "movie"?
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Moeez
    @Icemael:
    Ok, let's say the "gameplay" sucks, but everything else is fine. Happy? 

I'm surprised people are actually excited for Assassin's Creed 2, because to me it feels like people going to watch Transformers 2 even if the 1st movie was godawful. Maybe I don't get the appeal of the game, or just think there's not much to this game except a tech demo.
    Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Bruce
    @Moeez:

I coined the term "Ass Creed" back on Gamespot. I want my writing credit.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#29  Edited By Icemael
    @Moeez said:
    "@Icemael:
    Ok, let's say the "gameplay" sucks, but everything else is fine. Happy?"
    Yeah, I'm happy. Now that you're making sense, I can disagree with you:P
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Moeez
    @Bruce:
    Yo Bruce, what's up? 
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By azteris
    @Moeez said:
    "I can't say Ass Creed? I only ever used to say it, because I don't want to type out assassin in every sentence. Kapish? Is this what you guys do with books, too? Just read the title? haha "
    Then type out Assassin's Creed the first time and use 'AC' after. Ass Creed just sounds like you're trying too hard to be clever.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayge_
    @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge:
    Ok, but why did you enjoy it "immensely"? I know it's hard putting a metric on an enjoyment of a game, but what stuff did you have fun with? I had most fun just running and tackling people, and throwing them around into merchant stands. 
    "
    Why? Because I loved the gameplay, found the story interesting (even if the ending could have been done better), found the missions fun (I'm not one of those people who bitch like little girls about repetitiveness) and overall it was just a great experience. That's why.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By JJWeatherman

Now THAT, is how you write a wall of text. I'll update with my thoughts if I ever finish.  :P

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpudBug

I had a great time with Assassin's Creed, but i'd only play it once.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Moeez
    @Jayge said:
    " @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge:
    "
    Why? Because I loved the gameplay, found the story interesting (even if the ending could have been done better), found the missions fun (I'm not one of those people who bitch like little girls about repetitiveness) and overall it was just a great experience. That's why.
    "
    What gameplay? Running around and combat? Because that's all there is to it. I guess I've been spoiled by the Hitman games that are just so excellent, AC pales in comparison. The missions are all exactly the same...and I hate that you have to listen to the Target for 5 minute unskippable cutscene. 
    There is literally no variety to this game, and it never changes from start of game to finish. 

Also, surprisingly the stealth IS SO BAD considering this is from Ubisoft Montreal, makers of Splinter Cell?!
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jayge_
    @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge said:
    " @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge:
    "
    "
    What gameplay? Running around and combat? Because that's all there is to it. I guess I've been spoiled by the Hitman games that are just so excellent, AC pales in comparison. The missions are all exactly the same...and I hate that you have to listen to the Target for 5 minute unskippable cutscene. 
    There is literally no variety to this game, and it never changes from start of game to finish. 

Also, surprisingly the stealth IS SO BAD considering this is from Ubisoft Montreal, makers of Splinter Cell?!
    "
    God you're hopeless.

Thread exit, stage left.
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Moeez
    @Jayge said:
    " @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge said:
    " @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge:
    "
    "

"
    God you're hopeless.

Thread exit, stage left.
    "
    I'm hopeless? You're not even putting up a fight, or any argument. Maybe you should leave if you can't come up with anything.
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By azteris
    @Jayge said:
    " @Moeez said:
    " @Jayge:
    "
    "
    This.

Moeez, a lot of people (including myself) think Assassin's Creed is great. Most people here agree your writing isn't.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayge_
    @Moeez said:

I'm hopeless? You're not even putting up a fight, or any argument. Maybe you should leave if you can't come up with anything.
    "
    You're using anyone's responses in this thread as simply another launching point for another load of random poorly-written hate ranting. I don't know why you would expect me to "fight" you, or bother putting up any "argument" given that you aren't actually arguing at all, you're just yelling into thin air. I'm leaving because it's pointless (because your current state is hopeless) to even bother discussing anything with you if you're going to be like that. Not that any of this will probably get through to you anyway; I'm just leaving this here for anyone else who was curious.

Adios.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mordukai

This thread is going nowhere. 

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShadowKing7
    @Moeez:
    Yeah, I did read the whole article.  Look, the game has its flaws, I won't deny that at all (very linear, easy combat, needed more variety).  Also, yes, you never called anyone an idiot specifically, either.  However, when I read that you said "someone saying they actually enjoyed the game would be baffling," it seemed to me you were questioning those who did like playing the game.  If I read that out of context, then I apologize, that's my bad.  As far as calling it "Ass Creed," dude, come on, if you see someone keep calling the game this, you gotta admit it would look like the person is just bashing the game completely.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By AutomaticSnake

wow... no way im reading all that...

But yeah Ass Creed wasn't that great and the second will probably be a little better at best. Even if the games are average i'm still getting the second one :P

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Baillie

Assassin's Creed had lots and lots of great things about the game. The only problem I had was travelling places and repetitive missions. The latter could be said about tons of games that people enjoy though. Ubisoft have build the ground work and are obviously going to improve from there, variety is all that's needed and that can't be too hard to implement.

I'm definitely approaching Assassin's Creed II with lots of anticipation.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JDDrewes

I really enjoyed the game, but I agree that it was repetitive. At the very least, it seems like they're addressing all of your concerns for the sequel. "Ass" Creed 2 looks awesome.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By armaan8014

I don't care much about the repetitiveness. The experience of playing that amazing game with a great story and most of all- a well crafted world still roams around my head.. easily one of the most interesting games i've played.. and i've played a LOT of games

and yeah, i just read the first two lines of this post

FrumpyBiscuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FrumpyBiscuts

So ya . . . the game had it's issues but it was still good. I can't say I beat it because I had to stop playing it. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that you couldn't really run in streets or even ride your horse fast by guards just wa a little too much. Apparently no one back in the B.C. was able to ride their horses more than a mild trot or they were chased down and charged for being an assassin. Just nitpicks though that I personally didn't enjoy, but looking back I can say that the limited time I had with it was time well spent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.