#2 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

OMG YES!
Klungo saves the Universe!! <3

#3 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

Whoo!

#4 Posted by Derios (423 posts) -

Fucking Karl Pilkington.

#5 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

Awesome news! I hadn't even given much thought to the idea of Banjo-Kazooie DLC, but this will certainly be a day one purchase for me.

#6 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

FUCK YEAH KLUNGO, FUCK YEAH!

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14381 posts) -
Derios said:
"Fucking Karl Pilkington."
That's not what you say, you say "Karl Pilkington has a head like a fucking orange"

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the N&B DLC. I really loved the game, and am really glad to see some DLC.

Also, this might hint at sales being slightly better than most of us thought.
#8 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Should have announced this WAYYYY earlier. I loved the game, but traded it already figuring it had been abandoned by the developers!

#9 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Cheapoz said:
"Should have announced this WAYYYY earlier. I loved the game, but traded it already figuring it had been abandoned by the developers!"
Another reason why trading in games is stupid :-D
#10 Edited by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
Round head
I can confirm that Karl Pilkington has a head shaped like a fucking orange, just look at how round it is.

Anyway, what do you want to see in the DLC, I really hope there are extra achievements added
#11 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

YEAH!! Maybe I should play more of the original game though first, eh?

#12 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yaaaaaay! Also, I hope they announce more about Banjo-Tooie coming to XBLA. From what I remember, I think it was set to come out in March, which is NOW! Yay!

#13 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Yaaaaaay! Also, I hope they announce more about Banjo-Tooie coming to XBLA. From what I remember, I think it was set to come out in March, which is NOW! Yay!"
I thought it was April, which sounds more likely after Microsoft anoounced that Days of Arcade thing for the next 6 weeks
#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Ah, okay. Maybe it was April. Well, whatever, that's just 1 month away. OH JOYOUS DAYS!

#15 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while.  I'm praying that Rare stick to their guns and make a sequel, it's a crying shame there aren't more people willing to play this game because of its look.  Bring on the DLC, I'll pay whatever their asking for.

Also I hope they add more parts. The variety in that game is already pretty insane but I'd love a few more
#16 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I had no idea they even had plans to release any kind of DLC. I look forward to hearing the details and this just reminds me of how much I've neglected the game so far...I really need to play some more Banjo.

#17 Posted by Mercator (365 posts) -

Not to throw caution to the wind and question the very fiber of our reality but Karl Pilkington's head is quite oblong.

#18 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Awesome! I'd love to get back into the game, sporting Banjo's awesome beat-the-game tuxedo.

Death_Unicorn said:

"OMG YES!Klungo saves the Universe!! <3"

Oh yeah! This will totally give me the opportunity to play Klungo's arcade game. :D

#19 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Daz0608 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Yaaaaaay! Also, I hope they announce more about Banjo-Tooie coming to XBLA. From what I remember, I think it was set to come out in March, which is NOW! Yay!"
I thought it was April, which sounds more likely after Microsoft anoounced that Days of Arcade thing for the next 6 weeks
"
Good point. It wasn't part of the list so it will probably be late April. Ugh. Oh well. I can't believe I am getting excited over an old port of an N64 game, but Rare will make you do that won't they? This will be a buy for me.
#20 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

Hopefully they will add more jiggies and trophies, making it easier to get the achievements.

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

KLUNGO LIKE A MUTHAFUCKER!!!  FUCK YEAH!!!

I can't WAIT!
#22 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Awesome, I just beat the final boss today and I still have 30 or so Jiggies to collect. I'd gladly pay for some new missions and/or Klungo levels. 

#23 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

More parts, more challenges, expand the online (I want to be able to use detachers in online matches. All my coolest vehicles have them), and make a sequel to Klungo Saves the World and I will die happy.

#24 Edited by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

It looks like there has been a delay on the DLC annoucment

This is from the fourms on the offical Banjo Kazooie website

Hey guys, we have had to update the text on the Rare news post:

"So there you go. Expect more info to be out there soon (following a minor technical delay caused by Grunty’s gremlins dropping a spanner into the works), and in the meantime rest assured that the Lord of Games is keeping the Nuts & Bolts dream alive."

Sorry for the delay, I will give you an update as soon as possible. Just to iterate, the DLC is definitely not an April fool's joke, and will be arriving in the not too distant future.

Mike

I really hope they annouce something soon
#25 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Noyce....now I just hope that my copy will finally arrrive at my door.

#26 Posted by Ben_H (3352 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Awesome! I'd love to get back into the game, sporting Banjo's awesome beat-the-game tuxedo.
Heck yes!

Banjo: N&B is probably my favourite game of all time.  It combines my love of old games (In this case Banjo Kazooie) with my addiction to tinkering with stuff until I find perfection.  I already have all the single player achievements so I think I'm gonna start a new game.  I haven't played it in a couple of weeks due to buying Burnout Paradise but I think it's time to go back.  I find Banjo to almost be therapeutic.
#27 Posted by FlipperDesert (2084 posts) -

But Klungo already saved the world. :(

Forget The Pitt, I'm saving my last 1000 points for this now, I'm glad I kept them.

#28 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

The DLC achievements have been unveiled:

Crowd Pleaser

Knock down all of the supporting cast in Ben Hurdle - 20G

Wheels on Fire

Burn an opponent's vehicle until it falls apart at the seams - 20G

Halfway Home

Complete all of L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges once - 15G

Ultimate - Played The Game

Show Sssuper Klungo the real meaning of sssuper - 50G

Paint the Town Gold

Complete all of L.O.G.'s lost challenges to TT standard - 40G

Sssave The Universsse!

Complete all Lost Challenges in L.O.G.'s Choice and Player's Choice vehicles - 30G

Pointless Achievement

Find the door to L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges - 5G

Old Ssskool Ssseekrit Area

Klungo not ssstupid, ussse old fake wall trick to hide Klungo goodnesss - 20G

L.O.G. Ranked Apprentice

Win one of the new DLC multiplayer games in a ranked match - 20G

L.O.G. Master

Win all of the new DLC multiplayer games - 30G

I really hope the DLC is released soon

#29 Posted by FlipperDesert (2084 posts) -
CoolDrMoney said:
"Ultimate - Played The Game

Show Sssuper Klungo the real meaning of sssuper - 50G"

Yes! I can't wait for some 16-bit world saving.
#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -
FlipperDesert said:
"CoolDrMoney said:

Yes! I can't wait for some 16-bit world saving."
I really doubt that game uses 16-bit tech
#31 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Oh I can't wiat for this DLC now, although it does mean that I will no longer have 1000/1000 GS on the game, I just hope enough people buy the DLC so it's possible to get the Multiplayer achievements

#32 Posted by MattyFTM (14381 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"FlipperDesert said:
"CoolDrMoney said:

Yes! I can't wait for some 16-bit world saving."
I really doubt that game uses 16-bit tech"
Yeah, but the Klungo Saves The World mini game was designed to be like an 8 bit game, and it's pretty obvious that this achievement refers to a 16-bit style sequel to that. It doesn't have to use the tech to be that style.
#33 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Count me in.

#34 Edited by Fosssil (627 posts) -

Looks like it's coming out on April 7th for 400 MS Points. There's going to be 250 points of additional achievements, a handful of new challenges, a new "arena" available in the Test-O-Track, and new multiplayer modes. Sadly, I doesn't look like they'll be adding any new parts to build with. There's also going to be some free Gamerpics available on Marketplace on the 7th, and Banjo-Tooie is coming very soon (though the final release date hasn't been announced yet).

http://www.rare.co.uk/company/news.html

#35 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

I can't wait for April 7th!

#36 Posted by insanejedi (655 posts) -

Please buy this, as the Save Banjo Kazooie and Rare charity really needs your support. *Sniff* It's okay Rare, you'll be okay *sniff* Whyyyyyyyyyyy????

Yea I'll probebly be buying this, frack all the people who want more of the same game, Banjo Kazooie N&B was one of my GOTY's last year.

#37 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

Well, who got the DLC?

#38 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

I downloaded it yesterday, I haven't put too much time into it yet, but liking the new types of challenges, and maybe it's because I haven't played the game for a while, but finding some of the challenges quite though, but I've only played about 20 mins so I haven't played a whole lot

#39 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

I'm getting it this weekend

#40 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm glad I didn't spent the last of my points on that double-priced horse armor. I have exactly 400 points left and am now going to spend them on Banjo.

#41 Posted by andymc1989 (95 posts) -

It's worth it just for the new Klungo game. :p

I must have died at least a hundred times trying to complete it. 
#42 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

I got the DLC and the challenges do seem tough, but I haven't even finished the game proper yet, so I'm not sure how it compares.  Also, I haven't got the new Klungo levels yet! Do I need to finish all 12 challenges first or something?  Hopefully I won't need the trophies.

#43 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I'm really disappointed with the DLC. I bought it today and I've been going at it for around an hour now. I have 4 out of 6 main challenges finished, and one colored puzzle piece. They took the most annoying things about the game (awkward-controlling L.O.G.'s choice missions), a map that wasn't designed to have challenges placed in it (the Test Room) and added in the necessity of beating every challenge twice to unlock the new Klungo levels. Ugh. I don't know if the new Klungo levels will make up for this bullshit or not. Probably not. Color me regretful.

#44 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

that game sucked, the old ones were great though. 

#45 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

I had trouble with the Monster Truck race.  I ended up removing some of the bits off the car to make it move faster.  And also dropped the flame weapons cause they seem useless.  I just started the Klungo levels and they seem rad so far.

#46 Posted by fightstrife (28 posts) -

yeah I would just like to say, FUCK the DLC. The game was very enjoyable, the races not intensely hard or frustrating and when you could do player's choice, it was just a matter of figureing out how to cheese the system, not in the DLC, each contest is a huge frustrating mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.