Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Battlefield 1943

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers

just wondering what some of you think of this new up-comming BF game... went back a couple pages didn't anything on this so thought i'd start a thread on it... looks absolutely brilliant!! i miss the old battlefield 1942 and the whole feel to it...

better have bot matches.....!!!!! -points to recent BF games-

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Diamond

Looks good to me, I hope it gets a good community of players.  Will probably get on 360 myself.  Really loved BF1942 on PC, BF2 was pretty good too.  It'd be really nice if they could get some intelligent AI going in a BF game one of these days.  Even BFBC's AI is pretty weak.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VACkillers

i've never had the luxury of playing bad company because they restricted it to consoles only.... bad company 2 is going to be on pc so that'll be really kool to see... but i need singleplayer content along with the multiplayer stuff... i play more offline then i do online.... so many cheats these days i'd rather just play against some good old happy walking into my line of fire bots!! lol

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diamond

When I first got BF1942 on PC I was on dialup and my ping was ALWAYS over 300ms and usually packet loss over 30%.  I too would really like offline MP.

Reasons for offline bots :

It helps for games that are old and no longer have active communities.
    It helps for when your net goes down.
    It helps when you're new and you want to practice.
    It helps when you want to goof off and not ruin the gameplay of others.
    It helps when you're not in the mood to play with assholes.

I figure the reason they don't do it is because it's hard.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By bwooduhs

Am i imagining this or did i hear somewhere that it's being released on the 360 as an arcade title? Sorry if im being stupid.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
    bwooduhs said:
    "Am i imagining this or did i hear somewhere that it's being released on the 360 as an arcade title? Sorry if im being stupid."
    Yep, it's going to be a downloadable title everywhere AFAIK.  Like only 3 remade maps.
    VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VACkillers

its going to be released for both ps3 and 360 i think....

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bwooduhs

sweet definite buy on 360 for me then. Guessing it's gonna be a bit more than 800 points?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By atejas

Isn't this the one with the unlimited ammunition and recovering health? Or was that Heroes?

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VACkillers

i have no idea.... but its gonna be good.. so you need to get it anyway :)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

So is BF: 1943 basically going to be like BF: Heroes but with the realistic approach?

From that trailer that was released awhile back I got the impression it wouldn't be a 'full' BF game. But rather a online only, small maps, quick combat style of game. Not sure that is something I want, I'd much rather they bring out a Battlefield 3 myself instead.

That being said the question about offline bot support for multiplayer is a good one. The last game I can think of which did this well was UT3. But all UT games have had that, as best as I can remember anyway.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond
    atejas said:
    "Isn't this the one with the unlimited ammunition and recovering health? Or was that Heroes?"
    I think this one will have both of those, at least there is limited ammo per clips (you have to reload, at least looking at videos of the game).

I hope the gameplay isn't oversimplified because of that stuff, I have hope it'll play as well as ever.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bwooduhs
    Hamz said:
    "So is BF: 1943 basically going to be like BF: Heroes but with the realistic approach?
    Hopefully. Im in the beta for heroes and have been really liking it.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
    Hamz said:
    "So is BF: 1943 basically going to be like BF: Heroes but with the realistic approach?From that trailer that was released awhile back I got the impression it wouldn't be a 'full' BF game. But rather a online only, small maps, quick combat style of game. Not sure that is something I want, I'd much rather they bring out a Battlefield 3 myself instead.That being said the question about offline bot support for multiplayer is a good one. The last game I can think of which did this well was UT3. But all UT games have had that, as best as I can remember anyway."
    It's using remade versions of BF1942 maps, so they're not small maps, just old ones.  New mechanics like the destruction system from Bad Company, being able to knock down trees and such.  Probably will be online only.

Killzone 2 has AMAZING offline bots.  Best bots ever IMO.  Gears 2 also does this FYI.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By atejas
    VACkillers said:
     but its gonna be good..
    atejas said:
    unlimited ammunition and recovering health
    I do beg to differ.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bwooduhs
    atejas said:
    "Isn't this the one with the unlimited ammunition and recovering health? Or was that Heroes?"
    That's Heroes.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By iamjohn

I think it's completely redundant and useless.  Who is this game intended for?  As a hardcore Battlefield fan, the dumbing down of the game turns me off completely, but it's still classic Battlefield-styled, so it's not like people whose only Battlefield experience is Battlefield Heroes are going to be stoked by it.  Those two games work because they're two extremes; anything in the middle ground just feels pointless.

Avatar image for existentnighthawk
    existentnighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Enough WW2...whos with me?

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentofChaos
    existentnighthawk said:
    "Enough WW2...whos with me?"
    Eh, Its not that bad.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Binman88
    existentnighthawk said:
    "Enough WW2...whos with me?"
    I'd usually be totally with you on this, but I think DICE can do well again with this time period.
    VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VACkillers

I dont know if the game will be online only or not, im guessing it will be for the console ports, but pc may have some kind of offline mode or at least bot matches which is really what im most interested in, the game with the updated graphics looks stunning in my opinion, and i like the WWII scenarios anyway, personally, so i'll never get sick of playing them. As for the UT series, yes, its has bots and singleplayer multiplayer ever since it was created in 99.  I highly doubt it'll have unlimited ammo, its simplyfied so you can just pick it up and play, without having to worry too much about other crap, doesn't mean your gonna have unlimited ammo, im sure it'll be more along the lines of no unlockables and that kind of thing. So everyone stays the same, no advantage gain over some noob player.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#22  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I really hope it's a bit easier to differentiate friend from enemy in this one.  I loved 1942, but the recent games have made it hard for me to play with my color blindness.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VACkillers

well im guessing it'll be improved somewhat....

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StressedOutCat

I was looking forward to this game, but then I found out that they got rid of the medic and support class and given everyone regenerating health and infinite ammo..
    So I don't know about this game... sure you get destructible buildings for it ( Frostbite Engine ) but seems like dumbing down to what the original game was.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By mikemcn

It looks good, i hope it gets released on Steam but does anyone know if its going to have similar gameplay to Battlefield Heroes? You know where you run in circles , spraying bullets Quake style?

Because if so i am seriously less excited about it. I dont like that kind of game...

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I did not know about the removal of Medic and support classes, In that way it does seem dumbed down but it is supposed to be an Arcade style game BF game. It seems Bad Company 2 will be the full successor to BF2/2142 since its also comming on PC.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Discorsi

I am definately getting it.  I bought the 1942 collection years ago and it was my first experience with online multplayer.  It was amazing(my fave was bfv even though i know that some people didn't like it)  and spoiled me in the sense that I wish other games had bigger maps.   Definately will pick this one up for the nostalgia and because it will be awesome.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EntwineX

I thought it was going be sort of a console remake of BF1942, and not saying that as a bad thing. In any case I think it's the least interesting of the upcoming BF games which there seems to be plenty.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sodiumCyclops

hmmm I will pick it up if its released cheap. I'm more looking forward to Heroes though. If only the Beta wasn't 4gb. Stupid data caps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.