Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

This game ROCKS!

• 54 results
    DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DAFTPUNK

This is my first time playing this game since beta on ps3, but I just bought it on sale for the PC(yay steam <3) but this game is fucking great the multi-player is so fun and intense, and the game looks gorgeous too, the maps are great and big this blows call of duty right out of the fucking water. Last time I played a battlefield game was battlefield2 oh how I loved that game so much. This game is my go to game for fun and excitement didn't know why  I missed out on this so glad I bought it!  anyone feel the same way as I do or was in the same situation as me, now exsuse me while I play some more Bad company 2!

Towers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Towers

Then COD:MW is basically BF2.

But without the vehicles.

*blowsmind.gif*

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I never really understood the hype Bad Company gets on this site.  I like Battlefield a lot, but BC2 is nothing special.
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Surkov

I bought it during the steam sale and installed it. When I look for multiplayer servers there are none. What am I doing wrong?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty
    @Surkov said:
    I bought it during the steam sale and installed it. When I look for multiplayer servers there are none. What am I doing wrong?
    I'm guessing it's fully up to date? Must be if it's the Steam version. Make sure you don't accidentally have any silly filters turned on when searching for servers. It's a really active game so there's definitely a lot of servers to play on.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@billnyethesciencepie said:

I dont see how it blows call of duty out of the water, as it steals so much from it. Its basically COD with vehicles and more dudes.

CoD 4 stole everything from Battlefield 2. Get your shit straight.

And yeah, Bad Company 2 is much better than Call of Duty, simply because it perfectly utilizes teamwork. Totally different games though. To each his own.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RsistncE
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    I never really understood the hype Bad Company gets on this site.  I like Battlefield a lot, but BC2 is nothing special.
    It's because it's being compared to CoD. I'm pretty sure a lot of games look like golden nuggets compared to the turd nugget that is Call of Duty multiplayer.
    DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @billnyethesciencepie: ugh no, more teamwork involved and the  maps are great, and the game is much more intense and fun overall.
    and it looks and plays better
    Towers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Towers

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

I dont see how it blows call of duty out of the water, as it steals so much from it. Its basically COD with vehicles and more dudes.

And yeah, Bad Company 2 is much better than Call of Duty, simply because it perfectly utilizes teamwork. Totally different games though. To each his own.

This. This. This. This.

I can easily carry a BlOps or MW match by myself even if my team is complete garbage. But in BC2 it doesn't matter if I have an ace squad and a completely shitty team. We will lose. I transitioned from BC to MW and most of my buddies did the opposite. And they have tons of troubles playing BC2 because they don't realize it takes teamwork to win.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DAFTPUNK

fuck this games awesome I was running and all of a sudden a helicopter lands and explodes right in front of me! fucking awesome

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vodun

Aaaw, that's cute. Little Billy's first attempt at a coherent counter point. It is right, because if it's not that is just pathetic.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By FireBurger
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

Yeah, this. Though not everything. COD4 did some very cool stuff in its own right.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RsistncE
    @RsistncE: your fuckin avatar is the black ops box art.  EXPLAIN
    I like game art. Just so happened to like the sitting bull art they drew up. It's SCIENCE.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @RsistncE
    I much prefer CoD multiplayer over BC2's.  You're trying to say Call of duty 4's multiplayer was a turd?  Get out of town.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yep, it's pretty goddamn good.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @xobballox: Especially on PC it's fucking incredible of how shit happens, explosion everywhere!
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DAFTPUNK said:
    @xobballox: Especially on PC it's fucking incredible of how shit happens, explosion everywhere!
    Yeah, it's a pretty big difference between the console and PC having played both. 
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Crono
    @Surkov said:
    I have no idea what you're doing wrong but I wanted to assure you that there are a ton of servers - I am looking at some right now. Perhaps make sure that you don't have too stringent of filters? I am really unsure why you are experiencing this.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By laserbolts

I don't get why people have to like one or the other. If I want to drive vehicles and work as a team, I'll go with bc2 but if I just want to go lone wolf and shoot dudes in the face I'll throw on some cod. Both are pretty good imo.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Sooty

Go to audio options and turn on War Tapes.

Awesome.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got bored of BC2 after i maxed out the medic class (not including all those medals.)  i tried to get good at playing as the other classes but i just sucked at everything else so i bitched out and quit

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By grilledcheez

Better late to the party than never right? It's still my go to online shooter.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Surkov
    @Crono@Ygg: Thanks for the assurance guys. I'm asking because my bro bought it (steam sale) and installed and we couldn't find any servers. He deleted it, we'll try re-downloading it when steam isn't under such heavy stress.   
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spaceturtle

Bad Company 2 has been my "main" game ever since the beta even! On the last hour before release I had already pre-installed from Steam and was just waiting for the authorization code. Really just sitting and waiting looking at the countdown, psyching myself up for some of the unbelievable great explosive action which that game delivers. Yeah, I was crazy...

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pabsi9
    @Towers you are a fucking dumbass...battlefield 2 says hi to call of duty 4
    pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pabsi9
    @Towers never fucking mind , wrong reply
    LinusPauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LinusPauling

What blew me away with BC2 was the sound. In my opinion, it has the best gun sounds I've heard in a game. And the fact that they sound different indoors and outdoors was great, too.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeriouslyNow

LOOOOOL. Just LOL.

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ikwal

Yep BF:BC2 is really awesome. Much better than COD, though it's probably not fair to compare the two since they are quite different.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By dagas

I really like BC2, it is so much deeper than CoD. CoD is like quake, fast paced reflex based while BC2 is more team oriented. They are completely different games in my book. It would be like comparing Burnout and Forza Motorsport.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By Seppli

Battlefield lost me to World of Warcraft. Until I picked up Bad Company 1 for 360 in summer '08. Gradually, Battlefield won me back and is now once again my 'go-to' game/franchise for online multiplayer. It's competitive online multiplayer at its finest.

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By NickBOTT
    @dagas said:

I really like BC2, it is so much deeper than CoD. CoD is like quake, fast paced reflex based while BC2 is more team oriented. They are completely different games in my book. It would be like comparing Burnout and Forza Motorsport.

This for sure.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Towers said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

This. This. This. This.

Ok ok let me wipe my face with my hands and understand this 

You think, that  
    • going down from 6 men per squad to four,  
    • removing a squad leader that forces the entire squad to spawn at the same front and fight (and getting replaced by a random spawn-on-all system),  
    • removing the communication rose that allowed faster more efficient exchange of requests and commands between players with a limited 4-command point-at-target-and-tap-button-and-if-target-is-not-in-sight-then-you're-screwed,  
    • replacing the health bar that forced players to run together with their medics in order not to die, with a health regeneration system that allows you to lone-wolf and hide whenever you're damaged, 
    • implementing the aimbot-esque 3D spotting that allowed players to see a big pointer on top of their enemies from miles away and through walls, allowing them to go for the kills without the aid of teammates since they know exactly where the enemy is
     You think that those Bad Company 2 characteristics perfectly utilized teamwork? Did the definition of 'teamwork' change recently? maybe i didn't get the memo 

Also, on a side note, all MW stole from BF2 was the unlockables concept.. nothing else. Whereas Bad Company 2 stole from MW (or was inspired to do) the limited player count, the much smaller infantry-based maps, limited vehicles, K/D RATIO, overpowered weapons, the ability to spray bullets or use the auto-aimed panic knife and still get kills, and ofcourse the brain-cell-dumbing abundance of flashy on-screen XP notifications and abundance of pins and stars after each and every round (POINTS FOR EVEYTHING!) 

You, sirs, get your shit straight because it's all over the place, stinking up the joint!
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By amir90

Nice feedback is nice. 
    Will get your warmed up for BF3 :D 

edit: I like CoD and BF.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047
    deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DAFTPUNK said:

fuck this games awesome I was running and all of a sudden a helicopter lands and explodes right in front of me! fucking awesome

Yeah, son. It's like a Michael Bay movie. In fact, it's better than the flaming piece of turd that was Transformers 3.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Towers said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

This. This. This. This.

You think, that
    • removing a squad leader that forces the entire squad to spawn at the same front and fight (and getting replaced by a random spawn-on-all system),
    • removing the communication rose that allowed faster more efficient exchange of requests and commands between players with a limited 4-command point-at-target-and-tap-button-and-if-target-is-not-in-sight-then-you're-screwed,
    • replacing the health bar that forced players to run together with their medics in order not to die, with a health regeneration system that allows you to lone-wolf and hide whenever you're damaged,
    • implementing the aimbot-esque 3D spotting that allowed players to see a big pointer on top of their enemies from miles away and through walls, allowing them to go for the kills without the aid of teammates since they know exactly where the enemy is
    You think that those Bad Company 2 characteristics perfectly utilized teamwork? Did the definition of 'teamwork' change recently? maybe i didn't get the memo
    Also, on a side note, all MW stole from BF2 was the unlockables concept.. nothing else. Whereas Bad Company 2 stole from MW (or was inspired to do) the limited player count, the much smaller infantry-based maps, limited vehicles, K/D RATIO, overpowered weapons, the ability to spray bullets or use the auto-aimed panic knife and still get kills, and ofcourse the brain-cell-dumbing abundance of flashy on-screen XP notifications and abundance of pins and stars after each and every round (POINTS FOR EVEYTHING!) You, sirs, get your shit straight because it's all over the place, stinking up the joint!

Wow. I've never seen more incorrect info and rambling ignorance in my life. Sweet.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Rolyatkcinmai:  Set me straight by correcting the incorrect info? I think that's what you're supposed to do, not just call it 'incorrect info and rambling ignorance' 

You clearly don't know your Battlefield, or are a BC2 fanboy, otherwise you'd have some sense to discuss those extremely valid and widely-accepted points i listed. I really doubt that you know anything about anything in that game, and that all you do is run and shoot.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By Vinny_Says

welcome to march 2010 dude....

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: Set me straight by correcting the incorrect info? I think that's what you're supposed to do, not just call it 'incorrect info and rambling ignorance' You clearly don't know your Battlefield, or are a BC2 fanboy, otherwise you'd have some sense to discuss those extremely valid and widely-accepted points i listed. I really doubt that you know anything about anything in that game, and that all you do is run and shoot.

I have played every Battlefield there has ever been except the PS2 version of BF2. I have likely played more Battlefield than everyone else in this thread combined. I didn't reply to your points because you were downright rude, and didn't deserve it. But since you're trying to be a cunt, sure.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

You think, that
    • implementing the aimbot-esque 3D spotting that allowed players to see a big pointer on top of their enemies from miles away and through walls, allowing them to go for the kills without the aid of teammates since they know exactly where the enemy is
    Also, on a side note, all MW stole from BF2 was the unlockables concept.. nothing else. Whereas Bad Company 2 stole from MW (or was inspired to do) the limited player count, the much smaller infantry-based maps, limited vehicles, K/D RATIO, overpowered weapons, the ability to spray bullets or use the auto-aimed panic knife and still get kills, and ofcourse the brain-cell-dumbing abundance of flashy on-screen XP notifications and abundance of pins and stars after each and every round (POINTS FOR EVEYTHING!) You, sirs, get your shit straight because it's all over the place, stinking up the joint!

All of your initial bullet points are moot because they are concessions made while going from PC to consoles. I did not say Bad Company 2 is the best battlefield, I simply stated it utilizes teamwork a hell of a lot better than Call of Duty, which utilizes it not at all. For a console shooter, Bad Company 2 is king of teamwork. Sure it's not nearly as good as Battlefield 2 was, or Battlefield 3 likely is, but it sure beats the lonewolf deathmatch-fest that is Call of Duty (and I enjoy me some Call of Duty, just totally different style). The only mode that uses teamwork in Call of Duty is Search & Destroy, and even that is limited by turned-off party chat and no ghost chat.

And the things that made CoD4 a success (leveling system, unlocks, class customization, challenges/medals) were all taken directly out of BF2. The only real innovation was the fact that IW did it on consoles and added Perks.

Limited player count - Every game ever has had a limited player count. Consoles traditionally smaller than PC. That has nothing to do with CoD. Blame Halo 2 for this if anything.

The much smaller infantry-based maps - Smaller than BF2, sure. But they're still at least 10x-25x the size of a CoD map.

Limited vehicles - The fuck game are you playing? There's like one map in BC2 with few vehicles.

K/D RATIO - Counterstrike... Quake...

Overpowered weapons - Nope. Combat is entirely different in each game. Guns do far less damage in BF.

The ability to spray bullets - Wolf 3D? Doom?

The auto-aimed panic knife - This one I'll give you.

Abundance of flashy on-screen XP notifications and abundance of pins and stars after each and every round - BF2.

It seems like you're bitching from the point of a PC gamer that plays Bad Company 2. If you play on PC you should be playing BF2. If you play on consoles you should be playing Bad Company 2. One is a console game, the other is a PC game.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Didn't bother with the MP but I know the single player was pretty average at best with a lot of bad design choices.  Not to mention a stupid boring plot.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nasar7
    @sins_of_mosin: Why didn't you play the MP? Yeah, the SP was crap but that's not really the reason to play it. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

I did not say Bad Company 2 is the best battlefield, I simply stated it utilizes teamwork a hell of a lot better than Call of Duty, which utilizes it not at all. 

no you said something else : 
    @Rolyatkcinmai said: 

And yeah, Bad Company 2 is much better than Call of Duty, simply because it perfectly utilizes teamwork.

That doesn't look like a statement based on comparison, that looks like you saying that Bad Company 2 "perfectly utilized teamwork", And it doesn't. Why doesn't it? according to you, because everything had to be scaled down and simplified in order to have the game be a decent console game.  
    So according to you, and I agree, consoles =! the ability to perfectly utilize teamwork. You should have stated that you were basing your praise on console standards, because i praise mine on PC standards. As a console game, sure, BC2 is a quite good competitive shooter. As a PC game, it's a piece of shit. 

And the things that made CoD4 a success (leveling system, unlocks, class customization, challenges/medals) were all taken directly out of BF2.

Hmm, i guess i agree with that. leveling, unlocks and medals. you're right there 

Limited player count - Every game ever has had a limited player count. Consoles traditionally smaller than PC. That has nothing to do with CoD. Blame Halo 2 for this if anything.

The much smaller infantry-based maps - Smaller than BF2, sure. But they're still at least 10x-25x the size of a CoD map.

Limited vehicles - The fuck game are you playing? There's like one map in BC2 with few vehicles.

Again, i was comparing the game to past Battlefield games and basing my points on PC standards. If you're talking console, the game must be extraordinary for console gamers, i don't disagree there. 

K/D RATIO - Counterstrike... Quake...

The ability to spray bullets - Wolf 3D? Doom?

.. It took DICE 9 years to copy those 90's games? What, while developing BC2 in 2009-2010 they thought "hey, lets ditch our usual teamplay-focused style and copy those 15 year old games, what do you say?"  
    A much reasonable and believable scenario is "Hey, this COD franchise has been milking people hardcore with its Quake/Wolfenstein kind of focus on kills and bullet spraying, lets do the same!"

Overpowered weapons - Nope. Combat is entirely different in each game. Guns do far less damage in BF.

I see you've never encountered a shotty sniper or a medic with a fully pimped LMG... when you do, we'll talk ;] 

Abundance of flashy on-screen XP notifications and abundance of pins and stars after each and every round - BF2.

You call this flashy? 

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Nate
    @Crono said:

@Surkov said:

I have no idea what you're doing wrong but I wanted to assure you that there are a ton of servers - I am looking at some right now. Perhaps make sure that you don't have too stringent of filters? I am really unsure why you are experiencing this.
    I'm having the same problem. Just picked it up on Steam a couple days ago and no servers show up. I have filters set to "all maps, game modes, etc"  As general as I can get it  and nothing shows up. When I try to "join now" it just plops me into a completely empty game. I can run around and blow things up all by myself. Fun, but not what I paid for. 

EDIT: Figured it out. When you hit the multiplayer tab and show servers, it doesn't actually show servers yet. I had to set the filters (already done) and then hit 'search'. Then a bunch showed up, duh.  :)
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrKlorox

@Rolyatkcinmai: Actually the perks system came from BF2142's passive upgrades. You just couldn't pick and choose which ones you used before each fight.

But yes, COD4's best additions were aped from Dice.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#47  Edited By fox01313

Even with the smaller maps than what you saw with the Battlefield2 game, the assortment of vehicles & sheer destruction you can do (plus no killstreaks) makes it quite enjoyable (for me & others) in addition to the single player having some memorable characters. CoD is fun but always enjoy going back to the Battlefield series over CoD. 

Also with the madcap mischief that happens in this game is captured quite well by Ryan on one of the TNT episodes where they were trying to fly a helicopter only to have unpredictable consequences & Ryan stating that the game is about an expendable squad of screw-ups so seeing all this madness happen is part of it's charm. 

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Scrawnto

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

the limited player count, the much smaller infantry-based maps, limited vehicles, abundance of pins and stars after each and every round (POINTS FOR EVEYTHING!)

Pretty sure this stuff is more inspired by Halo. You know, that immensely popular franchise that actually features limited vehicles? Also the various medals awarded each round for certain accomplishments? Call of Duty wasn't the only or even the first game with those qualities.

edit:To be clear, I don't even think copying mechanics is a bad thing, as long as it improves the play experience. Stories are a bit different, but if an author can put a new twist on an old tale, even that is fair game.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @DAFTPUNK: Wow, you started an interesting debate, a bit confusing, but yeah interesting. It's hard to see who is attacking or defending which franchise, or even why it's so important for 1 to be considered as better than the other.

For my part, I like BFBC2 (on PC), I enjoy it. I don't like CoD, I tried CoD a few times in both single player and multiplayer and couldn't get in to the game, I think for me it was the pace of the game and I just found that CoD was at the wrong pace for me. BFBC2 on the other hand suited me much better, which is why that it is the game I enjoy most. They're both great games though. I hope you enjoy BFBC2 as much as I do and who knows, maybe we'll meet online someday and play with or against each other. Have fun dude. ;D
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By sins_of_mosin
    @Nasar7 said:
    @sins_of_mosin: Why didn't you play the MP? Yeah, the SP was crap but that's not really the reason to play it. 

Don't have gold nor do I care for MP.  WoW is all the MP I need when I feel the need.  Only time I ever did do MP was when I had a huge group of co-workers to play with but even then it was usually private matches.  The main draw of MP for me is social but I don't care to talk to strangers over a mic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.