Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta looking like Bollocks on PS3.

• 54 results
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By CoolDrMoney

This could have a grave effect on sales of PS3

Let us pray for a better outcome Raven_Sword

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @CoolDrMoney:

It jsut pisses me off that after almsot 3 years, we still cant get Paltform Parity on Multipalt games.
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By The_Philosopher

I would wait and see untill the game actually comes out, I'm sure it'll look fine. We are at the point now where all multiplats are pretty much equal... right? 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword
    @The_Philosopher:

Are we? im not really sure anymore.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

dude, its a game nobody cares about, not even the developers themselves.  
    chillax homie

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ProjektGill

Well it's got a good couple months until it comes out and they can probably polish it up by then.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " dude, its a game nobody cares about, not even the developers themselves.  chillax homie "

Speak for yourself.  

Really, ex Clover not giving a fuck about Sony, after their history with the PS2. lol
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agentboolen
    @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175838   ugh, why do we still after almost three years have to put up with this kind of shit? "
    Ummm because the PS3 is still a hard system to code for.  Just because its 3 years later doesn't mean its any easier to code for. Even the all mighty Sony can fuck up, start blaming them for this shit and not the developers.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agentboolen said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175838   ugh, why do we still after almost three years have to put up with this kind of shit? "
    Ummm because the PS3 is still a hard system to code for.  Just because its 3 years later doesn't mean its any easier to code for. Even the all mighty Sony can fuck up, start blaming them for this shit and not the developers. "
    No but you'd think after 3 years the developers would have a better understanding of how to code for the PS3.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Khann said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    Ummm because the PS3 is still a hard system to code for.  Just because its 3 years later doesn't mean its any easier to code for. Even the all mighty Sony can fuck up, start blaming them for this shit and not the developers. "
    No but you'd think after 3 years the developers would have a better understanding of how to code for the PS3. "
    Many do, but this is Platinum's first PS3 title.

This game is supposed to be out in 2 months in Japan, so I wonder if it will be delayed or if they planned for enough time to tweak it.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " dude, its a game tasteless people don't care about"
    Fix'd.

And before anyone calls the developers lazy... no. Did you know that game developers frequently work overtime? Did you know that they've got this thing called deadlines -- I'm sure they'd like the game to run equally on both consoles, but if they don't have time, what can they do? Did it ever occur to you that they might want to focus on making the game perfect on the lead platform before they start focusing on the port?

Of course, it's unfortunate that things like these happen -- in an ideal world, all games would run equally on both platforms. But for Christ's sake, don't call developers lazy. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
    @Icemael:

But they should take mesures to make sure they both run the same. For example, if you think its going to be hard to port a 360 coded game to PS3, than you need to lead deving on PS3 first.  or if its really not the same, delay it so they can make it the same, otehrwise your pissing off a Userbase.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Steve_C

It's a shame because i'm interested in the game. Hopefully it shapes up or i'll probably skip it, until it possibly gets patched or whatever.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By agentboolen
    @Kamasama said:
    " @Khann said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    No but you'd think after 3 years the developers would have a better understanding of how to code for the PS3. "
    Many do, but this is Platinum's first PS3 title.  This game is supposed to be out in 2 months in Japan, so I wonder if it will be delayed or if they planned for enough time to tweak it. "
    I also think it comes down to which version is going to sell more copies at this point.  For this game it will most likely sell more copies on the Xbox 360 so why are they going to give it all this special treatment.  They'll give it a little bit to make it exceptable release to them but then they just want to get it out of the door.  There are consequences to pricing your system $200 above the competition at launch and also deciding to make the thing hard to code for just for the reason of giving games visual growth on the system (dumbest concept ever).  They should have stuck with making it easy to code for and well biting the bullet and pricing it more competitively, but hey its 3 years later so we all know this anyway   =)
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By ieatlions
    @Raven_Sword: a userbase they dont care about
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ravensword

I jsut hope PS3 starts selling well and Devs maybe give more of a crap about it when making there multiplat games.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
    @Raven_Sword: Perhaps they didn't know how hard it would be to port to PS3(remember, this is Platinum Games first current-gen title). Perhaps they had a reason for choosing the 360 as lead platform -- maybe they liked the controller better, or wanted to get started on the game right away rather than spend time learning the PS3 before being able to start the actual developmen? 

And the game has already been delayed(well, the Western release). It's possible that they'll work it out until then, but if they can't, delaying the game a second time would probably hurt the sales(and piss off the userbase).
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KamasamaK
    @agentboolen: I highly doubt it will sell more on 360 in Japan, though, where it comes out sooner. And even if it will sell more, I've heard developers say leading on PS3 is best for both platforms. Running like crap on one platform will probably sell them less overall, actually. I don't feel like debunking the rest.

@Icemael: lol at choosing a lead platform based on liking the controller better.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By AURON570
    @Icemael: what? so people who play games like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, God Of War, Ninja Gaiden all have bad taste in games? Just because someone has different taste in games than you doesn't mean what their playing is bad or that the games their into are bad.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cloneslayer

haha

you said bollocks

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ravensword
    @Icemael:

I dont see why there going to release one crap version in japan, and than Polish it up for North America.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By TheHBK

This game looks like shit right now.  The article was from a few days ago so thats when the game was shown.  And it looks like shit, so i will assume that since its coming out in october, they dont have much time left to work on it, 2 to 3 weeks before it is sent off to the print shop.  All you guys who say this is not the final game are kidding yourselves.  Demos are not representative.  Yeah well with the game having as big as problems as the article describes, being so close to release means the game will not look any better.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Icemael
    @AURON570: On the contrary, I said people who don't play games like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry etc. had bad taste. And I wasn't being dead serious...
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ieatlions
    @TheHBK: according to wikipedia its out january .
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ravensword

Im about ready to jsut say fuck it and just get my multipalts on 360. Which is sad, cause I like my PS3 more.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Icemael
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Icemael: I dont see why there going to release one crap version in japan, and than Polish it up for North America. "
    Atlus did it with Odin Sphere. The Asian and North American version of the game had serious framerate issues, but the European version(which was released later) didn't have any noticeable drops at all.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ravensword
    @Icemael:

Maybe, well have to wait and see. but arent msot Multipalts pretty much the same nowadays, save a few? Cause I kinda wanna start getting them on PS3 since im kinda liking that more than my 360 now.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Raven_Sword: It's best to judge on a per-game basis. Most games are at parity now, but Ghostbusters for example had issues on PS3.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By AURON570
    @Icemael: oh I see, I thought you quoted and fixed what the other guy said because you agreed with him.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VWGTI

Sucks to hear that being a PS3 owner.

Couldn't care less about this game though.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Urmean

They'll probably fix it up by the release.

Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ironknight
    @agentboolen said:
    " @Kamasama said:
    " @Khann said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    Many do, but this is Platinum's first PS3 title.  This game is supposed to be out in 2 months in Japan, so I wonder if it will be delayed or if they planned for enough time to tweak it. "
    I also think it comes down to which version is going to sell more copies at this point.  For this game it will most likely sell more copies on the Xbox 360 so why are they going to give it all this special treatment.  They'll give it a little bit to make it exceptable release to them but then they just want to get it out of the door.  There are consequences to pricing your system $200 above the competition at launch and also deciding to make the thing hard to code for just for the reason of giving games visual growth on the system (dumbest concept ever).  They should have stuck with making it easy to code for and well biting the bullet and pricing it more competitively, but hey its 3 years later so we all know this anyway   =) "
    Yeah but if you make everything easy to code for you don't see a real growth through out the system theirs no challenge it doesn't really push technology, developers or anything forward I'm glad Sony tried to push technology forward even though they might not "win" the console wars it helps create new opportunities for our future  and if a few bad ports is what PS3 owners get to bad also this game is being ported over so of course their going to have more problems then if the started on the PS3 and moved to the 360 because 360 doesn't need to be optomized nearly as much as the PS3 version
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#36  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It's a shame for PS3 players that this game probably won't run well, hopefully they can get some of this stuff smoothed out before release.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ironknight said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " @Kamasama said:
    " @Khann said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    I also think it comes down to which version is going to sell more copies at this point.  For this game it will most likely sell more copies on the Xbox 360 so why are they going to give it all this special treatment.  They'll give it a little bit to make it exceptable release to them but then they just want to get it out of the door.  There are consequences to pricing your system $200 above the competition at launch and also deciding to make the thing hard to code for just for the reason of giving games visual growth on the system (dumbest concept ever).  They should have stuck with making it easy to code for and well biting the bullet and pricing it more competitively, but hey its 3 years later so we all know this anyway   =) "
    Yeah but if you make everything easy to code for you don't see a real growth through out the system theirs no challenge it doesn't really push technology, developers or anything forward I'm glad Sony tried to push technology forward even though they might not "win" the console wars it helps create new opportunities for our future  and if a few bad ports is what PS3 owners get to bad also this game is being ported over so of course their going to have more problems then if the started on the PS3 and moved to the 360 because 360 doesn't need to be optomized nearly as much as the PS3 version "
    your right sony and the ps3 died for our sins.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they fix this, cause after like three years..it`s bullshit

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By agentboolen
    @Ironknight said:

" @agentboolen said:

" @Kamasama said:

" @Khann said:

" @agentboolen said:

" @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    Yeah but if you make everything easy to code for you don't see a real growth through out the system theirs no challenge it doesn't really push technology, developers or anything forward I'm glad Sony tried to push technology forward even though they might not "win" the console wars it helps create new opportunities for our future  and if a few bad ports is what PS3 owners get to bad also this game is being ported over so of course their going to have more problems then if the started on the PS3 and moved to the 360 because 360 doesn't need to be optomized nearly as much as the PS3 version "
    @ Ironknight Its ass backwards thinking like this that has you confused.  Most systems last 5 years before a new system comes out, give me what the system can handle in that 5 years then give me a new system and there thats where I want my graphic growth.  Visual graphics don't need to grow on that system, allow the machine to be easier to code for so the developer only have to deal with gameplay.  Its bad concepts like this that make for graphic whores, you want no need to see a constant growth in visuals, you can't be satisfied with having your system displaying it all right in the beginning.  Sure if a hot chick wears clothes in the beginning of the night and then starts taking them off towards the end of the night it might excite you but does that mean she is hotter naked then she is with clothes??  Nope its the same girl, hot with or with out clothes.

@Kamasama Japan is a region that supports last gen and hand held systems more then it does next gen systems.  This is not the region to develop next gen games for. Also I'm betting this game will sell more in the USA, and Europe then it will in Japan. 

Also for leading with the PS3 might be better just for the sake that you don't have to waste a ton of time optimizing for the weaker system.  Basically it means what ever we can get running on the PS3 will run on the Xbox 360 the same.  At this point they probably can optimize the Xbox 360's version to do more since its easier to keep a steady 60 fps.  In the end I don't totally believe this, its just a easier way of managing there time just because one machine is harder to code over the other.  In all truth its always been develop for the more powerful system and then just strip away stuff for the weaker system.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheHBK
    @ieatlions:
    But out in october in japan.  Which either means they need more time for the localization of the north american version or they will polish it up for the US?  Sounds like a crappy plan to me.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zitosilva

If it's really as bad as they're saying, maybe it can be fixed later on via a patch? It happened with Ghostbusters, it could happen with Bayonetta.

Still, I'd wait to see until the game is out.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidPrince

I was not interested in the game, and whatever interest i did have shattered with this news. Then again it is Sega. If it ends up being 100% identical I may buy it, but if it isn't up to snuff Sega can go screw itself. If companies like Capcom, Rocksteady and Infinity Ward can make games that look the same on all platforms, Sega should be able to as well.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VWGTI
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " If companies like Capcom, Rocksteady and Infinity Ward can make games that look the same on all platforms, Sega should be able to as well. "
    LiquidPrince hit the nail on the head here, folks.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Icemael

But Sega isn't developing the game, Platinum Games is.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PureRok
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " dude, its a game nobody cares about, not even the developers themselves.  chillax homie "
    I agree. I don't see what anyone sees in this stupid game.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Icemael
    @PureRok: That's because you have no taste.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cloneslayer
    @PureRok said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    I agree. I don't see what anyone sees in this stupid game. "
    Because its ex-clover people. And it looks like DMC (which I like) but bat-shit crazy. I'm really excited. 

But a lot of people care about Madden and I don't give a shit about that, so to each there own.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PureRok
    @Icemael said:
    " @PureRok: That's because you have no taste. "
    Comments about taste always crack me up. They are hilariously ignorant.

Also, what does taste have to do with this game? A game that is purposely tasteless.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Icemael said:
    Eh, games like GoW and DMC are cool and all, but if you've played one, you've played 'em all.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Icemael
    @PureRok said:

" @Icemael said:

Comments about taste always crack me up. They are hilariously ignorant.  Also, what does taste have to do with this game? A game that is purposely tasteless. "
    First off, I was stating my opinion. If you can't recognize genius when it's right under your nose, more power to you.

Second, when something's being intentionally over-the-top cheesy, it's awesome. If you can't appreciate ridiculousness, chances are you're pretentious. You probably don't want to be that.

Third, if I'm not mistaken you like Dynasty Warriors. You have no right to call a game "stupid"(especially not ones that, like Bayonetta, have better aesthetics, deeper gameplay and are self-aware. DW could really use some self-awareness). 

@L33tfella_H said:

" @Icemael said:

Eh, games like GoW and DMC are cool and all, but if you've played one, you've played 'em all. "
    You have obviously not played a lot of them, then. DMC and GoW are very different games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.