Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 01, 2011

Nathan "Rad" Spencer returns with the ability to jump and a snazzy moustache, in order to face an evil general bent on launching a missile strike.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Grabs Early February Release

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By mattbodega
    How can a great mustache help you today?
    Man, there’s been an awful lot of mustache-related news today. First, Capcom revealed that Metro City Mayor Mike Haggar, the toughest mustache ever to hold public office, would be  a playable fighter in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Now, we’ve learned that, in less than a month, we’ll step back into the shoes (or, in this case, the bionic arm) of the newly mustached Nathan “Rad” Spencer in the sequel to 2008's terrific Bionic Commando Rearmed

Today, at the Consumer Electronics Show (and on their Unity blog), Capcom revealed that Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 will be swinging and jumping (both! At the same time, even!) to the HD consoles right at the start of February. PlayStation 3 owners will get a slight head start when the game launches on February 1st. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait until February 2 to start swinging themselves, but now they can take those extra 24 hours to grow a mustache for themselves, just like Rad Spencer! Then they'll be properly equipped to play the game. 

== TEASER ==Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 has been in development at Fatshark, one of several Swedish  studios made of former employees of the now-defunct studio GRIN (which worked on the original BCR). In developing this sequel, Capcom not only brought on some of the game's original developers, but also  Simon Viklund, the composer of BCR. That's especially heartening to hear, as BCR's incredible electronic remixes of the original Bionic Commando's NES chiptunes (as well as a track from the Commodore 64 release of Commando) was one of that game's highlights. 

However, not everything about this sequel will be the same as its predecessor. For example, the price will be higher; Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 will cost $15 (or 1200 Microsoft Points) when it launches in early February. Yes, the original BCR cost just $10 dollars, but this is the far flung future of 2011, and downloadable games don't cost $10 on consoles anymore. To be fair, BCR2 features a jump button and a mustache, so at least you know where the extra $5 went.
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattbodega
    Man, there’s been an awful lot of mustache-related news today. First, Capcom revealed that Metro City Mayor Mike Haggar, the toughest mustache ever to hold public office, would be  a playable fighter in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Now, we’ve learned that, in less than a month, we’ll step back into the shoes (or, in this case, the bionic arm) of the newly mustached Nathan “Rad” Spencer in the sequel to 2008's terrific Bionic Commando Rearmed

Today, at the Consumer Electronics Show (and on their Unity blog), Capcom revealed that Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 will be swinging and jumping (both! At the same time, even!) to the HD consoles right at the start of February. PlayStation 3 owners will get a slight head start when the game launches on February 1st. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait until February 2 to start swinging themselves, but now they can take those extra 24 hours to grow a mustache for themselves, just like Rad Spencer! Then they'll be properly equipped to play the game. 

== TEASER ==Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 has been in development at Fatshark, one of several Swedish  studios made of former employees of the now-defunct studio GRIN (which worked on the original BCR). In developing this sequel, Capcom not only brought on some of the game's original developers, but also  Simon Viklund, the composer of BCR. That's especially heartening to hear, as BCR's incredible electronic remixes of the original Bionic Commando's NES chiptunes (as well as a track from the Commodore 64 release of Commando) was one of that game's highlights. 

However, not everything about this sequel will be the same as its predecessor. For example, the price will be higher; Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 will cost $15 (or 1200 Microsoft Points) when it launches in early February. Yes, the original BCR cost just $10 dollars, but this is the far flung future of 2011, and downloadable games don't cost $10 on consoles anymore. To be fair, BCR2 features a jump button and a mustache, so at least you know where the extra $5 went.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Cool. 

I feel like a huge cunt for even attempting that, but meh.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Sick!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

Mustache power is a proven energy source.

l3illyl3ob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By l3illyl3ob

Rad Spencer has a mustache?????

gunstarsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunstarsilver

Jumping! I love that feature in games! :-D

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Venatio

Wwating for a Steam version!

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rjaylee

Holy fuck, look at that jovial motherfucker and his bushy mustache.

I love it.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MisterMouse

jumping.... revolutionary...

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By petitfool

Dat mustache

Sekoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sekoku

Meh. I bought the first on both consoles and couldn't get into it for more than an hour before I just gave up.

Maybe the addition of jumping and swinging at the same time will bring me back, but "meh."

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BlackIrish05

Still need to play 1

johnsonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnsonic7

I love the evolution of the character design since the first rearmed.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#14  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

So, no announced PC version yet?

At least I still have the original BCR to finish on Steam, only finished a couple of missions in that.

Zero_Tactility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Zero_Tactility

Hot damn, look at that 'stache.  Interest in this release has sky-rocketed.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ProfessorEss

ProfessorEss Grabs Early February Boner!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

XBLA release of the year, confirmed.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngriGhandi

I don't understand, how does this guy turn into the angry butthole from the 360 game 
    He looks like my fun-lovin' uncle

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By captain_clayman

ALLLLLLLLLLRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By Crono

Came for the game, stayed for the 'stashe.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By jacksukeru

Oh hey look it's my avatar. 

I really hope this sells as well as the first one, I know I'll be picking it up day one. HIGH FIVE!! 

@AngriGhandi said:
    " I don't understand, how does this guy turn into the angry butthole from the 360 game  He looks like my fun-lovin' uncle "
    I'm also curious if there will be some sort of explaination, in game or from an official source, other than "Well, that game sold extremely poorly and the story was ill received by fans so we simply canned it". Which I'm totally fine with. After all, non-evil Super Joe is in this game. He's still old though.
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rockanomics

Where's my PC version!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 

n00blar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By n00blar

Man, even if i stop shaving now I still won't be "properly equipped" to play this game by February 2nd... Damn you bad genetics!  Thou hast foiled me again!!!!

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Boiglenoight

Looks silly.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Legend

Loved the first game; looking forward to this one.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By skrutop
    @RockmanBionics said:

" Oh hey look it's my avatar. 

I really hope this sells as well as the first one, I know I'll be picking it up day one. HIGH FIVE!! 

@AngriGhandi said:

" I don't understand, how does this guy turn into the angry butthole from the 360 game  He looks like my fun-lovin' uncle "

I'm also curious if there will be some sort of explaination, in game or from an official source, other than "Well, that game sold extremely poorly and the story was ill received by fans so we simply canned it". Which I'm totally fine with. After all, non-evil Super Joe is in this game. He's still old though. "
    Well, cornrow douchy Rad Spencer is in Marvel vs Capcom 3, so I suppose they're not totally dismissing him.
    Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems I'm the only one who didn't think the ReArmed soundtrack was anything to write home about.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shabs

So you respect the fans that made the first game a success by... gouging them for an extra $5? 

Screw that. I'll just keep playing Rearmed 1 for now.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Tordah

Awesome.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

Can't wait, Rearmed was a ton of fun. 

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ProfessorK

NEEDS MOAR BEN JUDD!!!

Spoike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spoike

Why does Radd look a lot like Ben Judd? Maybe it's the 'stache?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rjaylee
    @Shuborno said:

" So you respect the fans that made the first game a success by... gouging them for an extra $5?  Screw that. I'll just keep playing Rearmed 1 for now. "

You're expecting a price value discount because you were a fan of the first game? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Video games is a business and will always remain to be one. The standard of pricing on downloadable games has raised along with the demand and assumed value of product, and therefore so will the price of Bionic Commando 2. Note I said assumed value of product, not actual value (considering none of us had played it yet).

Had you communicated differently by saying "I hope the price increase is in line with the quality and value of the game", then I would be wholeheartedly share your opinion. Otherwise... grow up?
    Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shabs
    @heatDrive88 said:
    " @Shuborno said:

" So you respect the fans that made the first game a success by... gouging them for an extra $5?  Screw that. I'll just keep playing Rearmed 1 for now. "

You're expecting a price value discount because you were a fan of the first game? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Video games is a business and will always remain to be one. The standard of pricing on downloadable games has raised along with the demand and assumed value of product, and therefore so will the price of Bionic Commando 2. Note I said assumed value of product, not actual value (considering none of us had played it yet). Had you communicated differently by saying "I hope the price increase is in line with the quality and value of the game", then I would be wholeheartedly share your opinion. Otherwise... grow up? "
    If you recall there was a pricing experiment with Rearmed 1.  The producer of the game put up a poll to fans asking what their preferred price would be even though Capcom was inclined to charge $15.  Though the fans opted for the lower 800 point price, the game sold very well and Capcom was rewarded for their customer-centric experiment.

They can probably get away with $15 this time, but I'm skeptical I'll find this game to be 50% better.  I'm certainly not paying an extra $5 for a mustache and a jump button.  I don't recall any marketing materials for this game claiming much has been improved. 

The standard pricing on downloadable games increasing is the consumers' fault for accepting it.  I'm saying I don't accept it and I won't buy many games at that price.  How is that immature?  That's how I can express my opinion as a consumer. Give me more value for money - don't take more money for nothing.  This is exactly why I've started to buy more downloadable games for $5-$10 on Steam instead of XBLA.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rjaylee
    @Shuborno said:

"The standard pricing on downloadable games increasing is the consumers' fault for accepting it.  I'm saying I don't accept it and I won't buy many games at that price.  How is that immature?  That's how I can express my opinion as a consumer. Give me more value for money - don't take more money for nothing."

That's the second stupidest thing I've heard all day. You can't 'fault' consumers for accepting a price point that is only a negligible $5 to $10 range of pricing. Come back and complain later when the dollar range of pricing is higher and the price point of downloadable games reaches past the $20-$30 mark, then you can start within a voice of reason. 

I would have fully accepted Rearmed 1 for $15, but that is my value judgment (and clearly not yours). I'm sure there are other people who share my sentiment, and I'm sure there are people who would accept yours that it's isn't (but to be fair you're the only one in the thread complaining about the price point of Rearmed 2). I also didn't call you immature for expressing your opinion as a consumer. I think you have every right to do that. What I did do however is call your opinion stupid based on your original post where you think you're deserving of a price discount based on the grounds that you are a fan of Rearmed 1. 

Subsequently, I'm still going call your new opinion stupid, greedy, and self-serving based on the grounds where you haven't even tried the game yet, and where you are making value statements on the final product based on marketing materials (which you know should never be trusted to begin with regardless of representation), even though you fully are aware that there will be a free trial of the game when it is released. I'm not saying Rearmed 2 will be the greatest game of the year either because it does work both ways, but I'll at least give them the chance to prove themselves by trying it out first or letting it get reviewed. Or you know, letting the game get released first rather than shutting down out completely.

This isn't Blade Kitten for 1200 points / 15 bucks. Rearmed 1 had high-production value and a high level of polish. The fair assumption based off that is Rearmed 2 can share the same high level of production value and polish. Note that I didn't say the game would be good, I'm simply making the basis on production values and polish. Fair market value for games with high production values and high levels of polish is currently 800 or 1200 points. Get over it. You're also completely disregarding the fact that high-profile games almost always go on sale in the Xbox Marketplace eventually as well, so unless you had a precognitive vision that the game will never go on sale for XBLA, and only on Steam or that it will never reach a discount that will be a fair value transaction to yourself, then please go ahead.

But realistically, it's $5 more. The equivalent of a couple additional Starbucks coffees on a single day's $10 lunch. Grow up.
    HungryMatango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By HungryMatango

$5 for a jump button and a moustache....count me in!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a ranga.

Enigma_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Enigma_2099

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! There's a caterpillar on his lip!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

... and no one cares how much a game is if it's worth the money...

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vlaphor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjr8Pl2KRk

What a real mustache looks like

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HerbieBug

Why doesn't Rad Spencer look like this in MvC3?  Why why why?  :(

Tober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tober

The mustace made me want this sequal

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Synthballs
    @GunstarSilver said:
    " Jumping! I love that feature in games! :-D "
    THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By I_smell

Can't wait for this!!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lukeweizer

It really is $15? Goddammit. What a blatant mark up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.