The next Bioshock location after Infinite?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

I'm gonna have to go with either space or core of the earth. While Space seems pretty cool, a fuckin city inside molten magma (because its underground) would be nuts! What would you guys like to see?

#2 Edited by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

Cyberspace.

Cyberpunk Bioshock.

#3 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Soviet Union.

#4 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Antarctica.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Cyber Space/ Soviet Controlled Antarctic Core

#6 Posted by SamFo (1562 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: In a system somewhere.

#7 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

@SamFo said:

@Doctorchimp: In a system somewhere.

Well yeah, in a spaceship computer...oh wait...

#8 Posted by On1inepersona (118 posts) -

Tron world

#9 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

space

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12427 posts) -
#11 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -
#12 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

I would like them to not make anymore, and for Ken to make a new ip. Or make on in dino-time, T-Rex splicers.

#13 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

A non specific middle eastern country set in the present day.

#14 Posted by Village_Guy (2663 posts) -

Obviously it is going to be made by a different team - set in Columbia some years after the original Infinite and is going to be called Bioshock: Infinite 2.

Hopefully it will be something different than that, I would like to see something approaching WWII or Cold War era Bioshock.

#15 Posted by wemibelec90 (1837 posts) -

Cyberspace or cyberpunk sound really good...

I really hope that they don't keep making games that are labeled Bioshock: (insert subtitle here). Stupid marketing people forcing teams to use old IP's.

#16 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

Ken Levine takes the BioShock series to the faraway land of dubstep. For his latest masterpiece, the team at Irrational build a special controller that connects to your pupils and vibrates for every wub. And every time there's a drop, the controller tricks your brain into thinking it's falling, bringing forth a new age of panic attacks and epilepsy. The controller's named Panic Causes Play or PCP for short.

#17 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Bioshock : Colonoscopy.  AKA Colonshock.

#18 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -

System. Shock. Three.

#19 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (502 posts) -

You fight in minds with thoughts and the campaign takes place in a stream of consciousness.

#20 Posted by MrBubblez23 (1 posts) -

I personally would love to see it in an antarctic/freezing wasteland, it would be awesome to see someone similar to Booker attempting to thwart some new antagonist

#21 Posted by spraynardtatum (3713 posts) -

the fourth dimension.

#22 Edited by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

There oughtent be one.

There's a perfectly cromulent word; oughtent.

#23 Posted by Brenderous (1103 posts) -

There probably won't be another one, but space. They already did it in System Shock, but they'd probably do it again. The "lighthouse" would be the name of a ship or station or something.

#24 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

Weird, the first thing I thought of was some lava city as well

#25 Posted by Dimi3je (370 posts) -

There oughtent be one.

Everything in this post is spot on.

#26 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

Bioshock is dead or it should be dead after the end of Infinite.

#27 Posted by TheMasterDS (2138 posts) -

I saw a picture of a frozen lighthouse yesterday. Build a city into an iceberg, add man and girl. Done.

#28 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

Ma butt.

#29 Edited by NTM (7546 posts) -

How about Columbia and Rapture put together? No? OK, I don't like the idea either. I was actually thinking about it as well, and I don't know where they'd take it next; I don't imagine they'd do another space station since there's already System Shock 2, but maybe. Perhaps an unknown, hidden landmass, somewhat similar to Azura in Gears of War. That'd certainly not seem ideal initially since it's not in the sky or under the ocean, but that could be an idea. This is all if there is going to be another Bioshock.

#30 Posted by TheHT (11795 posts) -

Planet of the Apes.

#31 Edited by RonGalaxy (3267 posts) -

If they do another one, I really dont care. Some one just tell them to stop dumbing down their gameplay systems. All I ask for is a little added depth.

And make it less linear.

#32 Edited by CircleNine (380 posts) -

I don't know where it'll take place, but I'm fairly certain that upwards of 75% of the story will be told through audio logs and there'll be an ultimately meaningless moral choice/player agency system again because it's fucking Ken Levine.

Or maybe they'll change it up pretty dramatically and do Singularity style video logs.

Oh there'll probably be boring corridor crawl and combat arenas again too.

#33 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I hope they don't make another Bioshock game. I want the next spiritual successor. So that it's System Shock, Bioshock and now their next thing.

#34 Posted by judgejudy72 (22 posts) -

Underground fighting the the mole people of course.

#35 Edited by ShaggE (6710 posts) -

'Tween the hoops.

Ken Levine Presents: BioShaq.

Or a BioShock/BioForge crossover. A man, a flute, and a fork. ... A fork. A fork. A fork. A fork.

#36 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

The Von Braun. The USSR sounds good too, considering they've already done two games set in right wing (politically) locations.

#37 Posted by J12088 (462 posts) -

Mars.

#38 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

We've had sea, and we've had air.

LAND CITY

#39 Posted by midnightsandwich (25 posts) -

Your mum's house.

#40 Posted by SnappGamez (3 posts) -

I'm actually making a story about what I think the next Bioshock will be.

#41 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Space was System Shock

Under water was Bioshock

In the sky was Infinite

How about underground?

#42 Posted by MrGamingfan64 (1 posts) -

I want the next bioshock game to be open world and to take place in not just 1 ,but 3 cities! :D just think about it...not only can we explore Columbia and Rapture, but also an underground city!("possibly taking place in Russia and/or China, but who knows?)

It might also be cool if "tears" from Bioshock Infinite were to be used in this game, because in Burial at Sea episode 2, There was one part where Elizabeth had to use a machine to open a tear leading to Columbia for her to collect a hair sample, then return to Rapture to give it to Suchong. If possible the same machine could be used to travel between those 3 cities as well as different times and dimensions where they take place!

As for the story, the game can be the sequel to Bioshock 2, since Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea was a prequel to Bioshock 1. Personally I also think it would be interesting to see Eleanor Lamb from Bioshock 2 as either the helper of the protagonist like Elizabeth in Infinite, or (even better) to have Eleanor the protagonist herself! :)

It could start off with Eleanor going to the underground city called the Underworld-topia( which takes place under the border of Russia and the eastern kingdoms like China, Korea, India, etc)after receiving a strange signal coming from that area.

Later, after entering Underworld-topia she a find a machine called The Tear-o-matic. When she activates it, she could either go back to Rapture( before it fell, of course XD) or explore Columbia, to even later, to go to the other city(which could be Columbia, after Rapture or the other way around) and then going back to Underworld-topia and then later repeat the process!

The year could be the same year as the wars on communism like the Cold war, vietnam war, etc!

Also, if this game were to really happen(not that I hope it will) I would frinking love that :D

#43 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

Somewhere beyond the sea.

#44 Posted by Evilsbane (4743 posts) -

I feel like Infinite is kinda the peak of the Bioshock formula I don't see it getting much better than that. So lets go back to fucking System Shock SHODAN SHODAN!

#45 Edited by Corevi (4953 posts) -

Another Bioshock won't happen because Ken Levine wants to make indie games no matter how many people have to fired for that to happen.

#46 Posted by ripelivejam (4874 posts) -

Sewer Shock

#47 Edited by believer258 (12201 posts) -

@brodehouse said:

There oughtent be one.

Oughtn't

I was going to say space but I can't think of a game that takes place in the core of Earth, that could be pretty cool.

#48 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

@brodehouse said:

There oughtent be one.

Oughtn't

Don't embiggen yourself at my expense!

#49 Edited by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

I like nchan's idea to set it during the Panama–Pacific International Exposition world's fair in San Francisco in 1915. The fair itself was split into discreet sections, including "The Zone", an area for popular amusements and concessions. You could have it start during the fair when something CATASTROPHIC happens, sending everything into disarray, eventually leading the protagonist into a secret underground labyrinth. The plot could be somehow tied in to the earthquake of 1906.

Lighthouse you ask? Just north of the Marina District where the fair was held is Alcatraz Island. This bad boy (and the prison) was built in 1909.

EDIT: You could turn the formula on its head, start at the top of the lighthouse and head down and out, taking a boat to the mainland. Have the protagonist be a warden or something.

#50 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

volcano lair

ice world

underground zone

space base

other planets

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.