Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Now is the time to ditch borderlands 2.

• 53 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, I wanted to try dishonored so I traded some games in including Borderlands 2. With all the promo stuff at the moment they gave me $40 for Borderlands 2 which for gamestop is pretty good. So just a heads up to anyone if you beat the game and dont plan on playing it anymore now would be the optimal time to ditch it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

I would but I really want to try out the DLC. Thanks for the heads up though that is a decent trade in value for GameStop.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sayishere

I played borderlands 2 for a bit, upto level 10, but I got bored. I guess I need a compelling story these days to actually keep me engagd. The dialogue wasn't that funny and the gunplay, as much as it is fun, gets boring. I actually plan on getting dishonored so, will sell my borderlands 2 copy :)

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Silvergun

Man, if they're buying it for $40, wonder what they're selling it for. Seems that by the point they're breaking even on it, you're right back up near the $60 mark.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By PerryVandell

@Silvergun said:

Man, if they're buying it for $40, wonder what they're selling it for. Seems that by the point they're breaking even on it, you're right back up near the $60 mark.

If it's recent release, Gamestop will typically sell a $60 dollar used game for $54.99. They still make the majority of their profits from used game sales as they rake in 100% of the profit. Not sure what kind of cut they get from new games, but it's much smaller because developers/publishers, manufacturers and console owners (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) all get their taste as well.

Edit: And to answer the original question, I bought the game on Steam and don't have that option, though I stopped selling games a while back as I found out I eventually wanted to replay them but couldn't find them for a decent price. Selling Borderlands 2 for $40 isn't as raw as some other deals, but I'd rather keep it in my catalog just in case.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

Still playing it with my friends and I'm looking forward to the DLC. So, it's not going anywhere for a while.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Sayishere said:

I played borderlands 2 for a bit, upto level 10, but I got bored. I guess I need a compelling story these days to actually keep me engagd. The dialogue wasn't that funny and the gunplay, as much as it is fun, gets boring. I actually plan on getting dishonored so, will sell my borderlands 2 copy :)

The story gets a lot better as you progress through the game. But if you've already decided that you're selling Borderlands 2, hope you enjoy Dishonored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos said:

So, I wanted to try dishonored so I traded some games in including Borderlands 2. With all the promo stuff at the moment they gave me $40 for Borderlands 2 which for gamestop is pretty good. So just a heads up to anyone if you beat the game and dont plan on playing it anymore now would be the optimal time to ditch it.

Why would you pay 60 bucks for a new game just to play it once then get rid of it. Thats what renting is for.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By musubi

@EveretteScott: Well sir, I have no options to rent. I played it for a good week or so but then just fell off. Last time I turned it on I looked at my quest log didn't feel like doing any of it and then proceeded to turn it off. Might as well ditch it while its worth some scratch.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DukesT3

I... still need to buy it.. =/

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Jayzilla

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

Why would you pay 60 bucks for a new game just to play it once then get rid of it. Thats what renting is for.

If I don't see that a reviewer is getting much in the way of replay value, I rent a game.

davo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By davo

I've put 70 hours into Borderlands 2 and I haven't even completed it yet. Dunno how I managed that, but I gotta complete it at least once before I stop playing.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By pweidman

Upcoming DLC and endless co-op w/friends makes trading in BL2 a never for me. Excellent trade value for sure though. Enjoy Dishonored tc.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I actually went into Gamestop to trade in stuff for XCom, and they told me I already had Borderlands 2 fully paid off for a very long time. So I got XCom, Borderlands, and Doom 3 BFG paid off plus I got Dishonored yesterday.

I traded in stuff I already beat multiple times.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colourful_hippie

How much will they take for my Steam copy?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SuperWristBands

Tried to trade it in at my EBGames for RE6 but they only wanted to give me $25. I have problems with Borderlands 2 but it is still worth more than $25 to me.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mosespippy

@Sayishere: The opening couple areas are boring and the end game is boring but the middle of the game is good. I'd say that after Bloodshot Ramparts (around level 13) is when it gets better.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WMWA

You're the worst

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ben_H
    @EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's amazing how few people rent anymore. I played the vast majority of the N64 catalog while only owning like 10 N64 games in total. Back when rentals used to be 2 for $2 I rented something every week. But sadly most of those stores are gone now.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By musubi

@Ben_H said:

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's amazing how few people rent anymore. I played the vast majority of the N64 catalog while only owning like 10 N64 games in total. Back when rentals used to be 2 for $2 I rented something every week. But sadly most of those stores are gone now.

I used to rent when there were local stores. That dried up. So my only real option for renting is Gamefly and well fuck gamefly. Getting the games you want when you want is a pain in the ass.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

The day after the new character comes out? Yeah, no.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By huntad

Thanks for the info, but nah. Borderlands 2 is a good game and has a lot of content. I'm gonna stick with it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mordukai

@Silvergun said:

I would guess the usual $55. It all has to do with demand and stock. Maybe I remeber when I traded my Fallout 3 copy I got almost $50 back. Don't worry it'll be over real soon.

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Don't know really. I say go in and ask them. Oh...make sure to have a friend video tape the whole thing then post it on youtube. Don't forget to link us too.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BestUsernameEver

40 dollars is really great, but the game is also brand new. I don't think it's worth it to leave it this soon.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NegativeCero

I still haven't even finished a playthrough or even touched another character. I'll be holding onto it a little longer, but have fun with your new game.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By colourful_hippie

@mordukai said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Don't know really. I say go in and ask them. Oh...make sure to have a friend video tape the whole thing then post it on youtube. Don't forget to link us too.

/sarcasm

but now I'm actually tempted to just play the idiot and try it out by printing out a screenshot of my Steam library and bringing it in.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mars_Cleric

nah

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Ya not gonna happen. Eagerly awaiting the 4 DLC packs. 

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stryker1121

@Demoskinos said:

This is very good for GameStop. I've never gotten a trade-in for more than $25, and I really do want to play Dishonored. However, I'm still rolling along in BL2 and probably will be for the next week or two. I'm liking the game quite a bit (still wishing for better loot while soloing it though) and may play Torchlight 2 next. Dishonored's gonna have to wait a bit.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Getz

@Ben_H said:

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's so tough to find a rental place, at least where I live. It's either the 3 games at Redbox or Gamefly which takes way too long to turn around. Sad face.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By MEATBALL

Never is the time to ditch Borderlands 2

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LiquidPrince

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

Where exactly can you rent nowadays? I dunno where you live, but here in Canada Blockbuster and Rogers video both closed they're rental stores down... They're no one else.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darkvare

i rent at blockbuster

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ImaTreee

@LiquidPrince said:

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

Where exactly can you rent nowadays? I dunno where you live, but here in Canada Blockbuster and Rogers video both closed they're rental stores down... They're no one else.

they have those redbox machines you find in groceries that let you rent video games now.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By napalm

There's so much good shit coming out in the next two weeks alone.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By PixelPrinny

Wait, so you're telling me the best time to trade in a new game is shortly after it's released?

Yep, this definitely needed a thread.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince

@ImaTreee said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

they have those redbox machines you find in groceries that let you rent video games now.

The ones that only give you 1 disc sometimes when a 360 game needs multiples? Those things suck.

Laurentech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Laurentech

I have no idea where I could go to rent games these days. Even when it was commonplace, I found that they'd often only stock a few copies of new games (if any) and those copies were seemingly always taken. I'm not down with trading in games though. I used to do that a lot when I was younger and always regretted it in the end. If a game is worth buying, it's usually worth keeping, in my experience.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrcraggle

@Sayishere: Borderlands 2 is a massive world. What you've played is barely over an hour and the opening to the game isn't exactly the most engrossing. I'd say at the point you go to was maybe up to reaching Sanctuary and even then the game doesn't open up. It's a very long game with lots to see.

After putting a ton of hours into the original, I think I'm most impressed with the variety in the landscapes in B2 and there's nothing more fun than being ambused by goliaths, popping their heads off and just watching them go to town on each other. Fun stuff. I'm also now playing as Gaige who is even at this early stage, more fun to play than Zer0. I've been having a blast but I'm regretting playing as him in a way. I played as Mordecai in the original and I never play as a Sniper class but Bloodwing is what made playing that class a thing and with Zer0 they stripped a lot of that stuff out. He a lot more like Lilith but he's still able to get hurt and missing a shot while in Stealth is the worst as there's no recovery and you're just left waiting especially if you're trying to fight your way out of a very difficult situation. His melee doesn't really make up much either even though he is billed as this long distance Sniper crossed with an up close stealth killer but even with my melee damage at 400% and stealth puts you up to 600%, guys have still been able to turn around and just kill me. That said, when it goes well and you're sniping dudes then going in close and taking guys out in 1 hit, it feels awesome and you feel in control of the situation but when it goes bad, it goes very bad. There doesn't feel like there's a lot of middle ground with Zer0. You're either rocking or you're fucked from my experience anyway.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mordukai

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@mordukai said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

/sarcasm

but now I'm actually tempted to just play the idiot and try it out by printing out a screenshot of my Steam library and bringing it in.

That would be awesome.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ImaTreee

@LiquidPrince said:

@ImaTreee said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@EveretteScott said:

@Demoskinos said:

The ones that only give you 1 disc sometimes when a 360 game needs multiples? Those things suck.

whoa really? that is stupid. i've actually never used one in the first place so i never would have known.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#42  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Don't trade in good games.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#43  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I dunno, even if you're not going to replay the content in the main game, they just added that new character class, and if Borderlands 2 has DLC anything like Borderlands 1, it's definitely going to be worth hanging onto for the future content they add. I wouldn't advise anyone to trade it in just yet.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Gamer_152

I dunno, even if you're not going to replay the content in the main game, they just added that new character class, and if Borderlands 2 has DLC anything like Borderlands 1, it's definitely going to be worth hanging onto for the future content they add. I wouldn't advise anyone to trade it in just yet.

Not to mention how goddamn rad the Mechromancer is overall.
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By metalmoog

Borderlands is the only game I've ever regretted trading in. I went out and re-purchased it a year later. I love the franchise and Borderlands 2 fixed all of my gripes with the first game. Never will I trade this sweet shit in for any amount of money or diamond ponies!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xyzygy

Definitely not, I'm still playing tight out. Just got Mechromancer last night and started a character. God I love this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I buy things digital, so there's no trading going on for me.

That said, I think I've about had my fill of the game. It had a solid two week run. Most Wanted and Halo are just around the bend, and not so much farther out are some other big time games I want to see.

Good while it lasted, Pandora.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Scotto

Who in their right mind would buy a used game to save five measly bucks off the MSRP.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Scotto said:

Who in their right mind would buy a used game to save five measly bucks off the MSRP.

People with not a lot of cash?

People who want to save money?

Anyone who doesn't care about the shrinkwrap?

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Scotto

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Scotto said:

People with not a lot of cash?

People who want to save money?

Anyone who doesn't care about the shrinkwrap?

So the massive demographic of people with more than $54 to spend on a new game, but less than $60? You're being offered a hamburger's worth of savings to essentially cut the creators out of the compensation loop and give your money entirely to Gamestop.

I understand people who wait until they can get certain games used at a deep discount, or from a discount bin. Not everyone can afford to buy new games at full price, just like not everyone buys new cars. But for five bucks? Get the shrinkwrap, and support the developer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.