Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

My friend likes Borderlands a bit too much.

• 59 results
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By klownboots
    @Colonel_Fury:  Ah, the good years.
    chicNstu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By chicNstu

I took two sick days off of work because I caught a Boarderlands flu. I have 3 of the 4 charcters leveled up to 40, 26, & 21 accordingly. Don't hate me blame the game son! Yes it's that good!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Evilsbane
    @MrStool: Nah man just let the man play his game ( cause it does kick ass you should play it) 

Now if he is doing this 3 weeks from now...You may wanna say something to his parents and tell them to say the teachers saw this not to sound like a backstabbing bastard but ONLY DO THAT IF ITS REALLY REALLY BAD like if he starts drawing Borderlands stuff on himself and walls and if he turns down women approaching him for sex to instead play the game than yea get the man help but way to early to call.
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By klownboots
    @Evilsbane said:
    "  if he turns down women approaching him for sex to instead play the game than yea get the man help but way to early to call. "
    lol, I am thinking that isn't an issue here...
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By Evilsbane
    @klownboots: Nah man that makes all more an issues because I doubt that happens to him often which means if a blue moon rose and it did happen and he still chooses to play the game than yea straight jacket time.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By angelkanarias
    @CL60 said:
    " If he still gets good grades why does it matter? "
    indeed, but still, skipping class is a bit weird. I guess he'll get over it. If you start to loose contact with him or/and if he starts getting bad grades, you should worry.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MeierTheRed

Its not all that bad, some games have done worse, like people dropping dead in a net cafe playing star craft, or getting fired cause your too addicted to World of Warcraft. Borderlands won't keep him sucked in for that long. 

And if your really worried about him, why not talk to him about it, thats what friends are for.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By jmrwacko
    @MrStool said:
    " Okay so since school started this year,  the only thing my friend has talked about is Borderlands. So when the 20th of October rolled around I knew that he was going to be bouncing off the walls during the hours of school before he could go out and pick up his pre-order copy. But to my suprise, he was not even at school on the 20th. That night I saw he was playing it on Xbox Live and was already level 20. He told me it was worth missing the day and kept going on about how Brick can punch the crap out of everything. Well as the week rolled on I noticed that even during class all he did was read his Borderlands guide by hiding it under textbooks. He gets really good grades but I feel like its becoming a big distraction. Should I have a conversation with him about it or do you think it would be better to let it run its course? "
    I'd let it run its course just to see if your friend becomes a nerdy video game lunatic.
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Crono

You know, the thread title really has your mind go off in a lot of directions about what extreme your friend likes Borderlands...  This did not live up to my outlandish expectations... but no, don't have a conversation with him because you'll be overstepping your boundaries as a friend and come off more like his mom which he will be able to hold over you for many years to come.  You want to avoid that.  Plus look at how long this dude has been anticipating this game's release.  It will run its course until the next game he gets hyped about comes along.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

First, get really really good at Borderlands. Amass a collection of completely amazing guns and then trade those with other people to get amazing guns for your character. Now, your friend thinks he is the hottest shit ever because he reads the guides and is pretty much obsessed with the game. So you ask him if he wants to go into the arena with you and duel. Then you kick his ass over and over again, repeatedly, without mercy. Repeat this last step for a solid week. By the end, he will no longer want to play Borderlands.

Conditioned response.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.