Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Officially lost interest in Borderlands

• 71 results
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Ubiquitous

While I agree that it was a misstep to leave out a solid trading system and I wish it were there. This is not that big of a deal to me. Find some people you trust. On another note, I LOVED phantasy star online, so maybe thats why i just dont give a damn.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'm probably just going to play with friends anyway, so I'm not too worried about it. And if it gets too rough, I'll just play some on my own...

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Ineedaname

No doubt we could just create a Giantbomb thread for trades, and people can offer up weapons, and those that need them bid, if someone robs the other, they can post, and no one else deal with that trader.

Simple enough, there's enough people on here, who are probably willing for that to work.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Shadow

I probably would spend the vast majority of the time playing it solo.  For example, I have essentially the most powerful guy I could possibly get in Too Human (with how he's customized), and 140-ish hours spent on that one dude.  I spent the vast majority of my time with that character in a completely offline setting.  To me, this type of game is fantastic for relaxation.  The gameplay itself has to be at least somewhat solid, but most of the fun comes from wondering what you'll pick up next.  99.9% of the time, the loot will be pretty useless.  However, that .1% is what makes the game worth playing.  There's also the added bonus of there being a distinct possibility of me finding a gun that no one else will ever have.  There's no way in hell I won't buy this game on day 1, trading or no trading..

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ubiquitous
    @Ineedaname:

Thats a really good idea.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By c1337us

It sucks but it isnt enough to turn me away from it. I primarily play single player but when I don't it isn't with strangers either so I don't have a problem.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Druminator

this is why i'm playing with real friends and not randoms. i will more than likely just play alone most of the time.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Give it a week of gamers moaning at Gearbox about it after launch and they'll patch it soon enough.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pause422

The last count on the weapons was above 17 million...I think if it came down to it that you have no friends online to play with that it wouldnt be all that big of a deal to find something better.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Milkman

Play with your friends.

jebley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By jebley
    @kerikxi:
    Well it looks like there will be a lot of roshambo for loot.  I got my steel toe boots on so watch out  !!! KAPOW!!!
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Yep, I've officially lost interest in playing Borderlands

...with people who I don't know.  Seriously, how many of you who feel this is a huge deal ever play other co-op shooters with random strangers?  Do you really play Halo 3, or Gears 2 or Saints Row 2 co-op with random people on xbox live?  I agree it would be nice to have a trade feature in the game, but to completely skip Borderlands because it doesn't include that feature?  Really?

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By Renahzor
    @SpaceInsomniac said:

" Yep, I've officially lost interest in playing Borderlands    ...with people who I don't know.  Seriously, how many of you who feel this is a huge deal ever play other co-op shooters with random strangers?  Do you really play Halo 3, or Gears 2 or Saints Row 2 co-op with random people on xbox live?  I agree it would be nice to have a trade feature in the game, but to completely skip Borderlands because it doesn't include that feature?  Really? "

Honestly, yes, this is damn near a deal breaker for me.  This is a ridiculous oversight in a loot based game of any sort at this stage.  A combination of no trade system and seemingly no real character customization is a really strange design decision.  Although being a FPS the character customization thing doesnt bother me as much, the no trade system is just something I cant imagine in ANY game that focuses heavily on a loot aspect.  I DID play Too Human and Sacred 2 online with strangers, it helped build community, and i made some new xbox friends to trade gear with by doing so.  obviously i probably wont play outside of my circle of friends with this game, which seems a little opposite of what they are going for. 

Edit:  Id also like to point out i'm a BIG borderlands fan, and will still be getting the game, I talk about it almost daily.  That aside, this was a pretty insane decision.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By Keeng

I guess it is pretty crazy but for whatever reason, I think they did it this way on purpose. This game has been in development for a long time and most of the websites and magazines that talk about having played it make it sound good. Maybe the game works in some way that we're not familiar with and not having a trade system isn't that bad? In any case, I don't think this is a reason to not get the game, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even want it. 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By trophyhunter

I was really exited for this game till I saw video of it 
    after seeing the game in action I think it looks awful

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @kerikxi: its still going to be a good game
    kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By kingkorn69

Your kidding me dude!  One you know they will patch it and prob for free! Next the game is just freakin good dude and the trade won't get me as there is already soooo much loot! Third dude play online with friends or build up a friendship with peeps you trust! Such a sorry excuse to not play a good game! It is like saying I am only going to play to trade loot and that is it

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wolswor
    Really?  I don't think someone stealing your guns will be a HUGE surpise.  If you are playing with random people and A) they aren't talking, B) they're running on top of every single item right away or C) they won't stfu about the "1377" piece of loot that drops in this zone you should probably suspect that they will steal your guns.  It's not like you can't tell who is an item whore when you play these types of games.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Yukoei
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " There's a bajillion guns, why would you want to trade it when you will probably get something better in the next 10 minutes? "
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jmrwacko
    @kerikxi said:
    " Sorry, but with Brad's news post today about the trading system basically being nonexistant, I've lost any and all interest in playing this game. This is Phantasy Star Online with first person shooting, as far as the loot is handled. A boss dies, and everybody will immediately spam the corpse pressing X or whatever to grab any and all loot he drops. Someone is in the corner smashing boxes and taking loot while everyone else fights and dies. Trading is practically impossible without getting scammed or trolled.  Seriously, a game built around piles and piles of loot, and you completely neglected to think about how these issues affect the player experience? I'm gone. For all they talked about their influences, they apparently failed to learn some critical lessons. "
    Co-op with friends. If you play this game with some random tard out to make off with your rocket launcher, don't expect a fair game.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By xyzygy

Another thing to note - if there are people out there who sit in the corner and smash boxes while you do all the work, they won't become proficient with their guns while you will.

wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By wfolse1

Like others have said, PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS.  Talk some friends into getting the game and run through Pandora with them.  It's been one of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time.  Since L4D probably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.