Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

$60 price tag on PC means this is not a day 1 purchase for me

• 88 results
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By AlexW00d
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " 60$ is the normal price of games nowadays. It's a bit silly to complain about it still.  "
    Not really. Here in England most console games are £40-45 whereas PC games mostly retail for about £30 at the most, usually £25 off of Amazon/Play. For devs to start paying a third, or more, extra isn't a good move, nor is it really necessary.
    Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Waffles13
    @doejonathan said:
    " @Xanth93: Fair enough, I won't go into why I opened my post the way I did as you already stated you have no interest in it, however, I would like to ask if you could respond the way you just did now, rather than simply quoting me and only adding "This". It is difficult for me to ascertain the criticism with only one word given. "
    I'm pretty sure the criticism is that you compared theft of a $60, nonphysical game to rape. I don't care how anti-piracy you are, that's absurd and in extremely bad taste.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm definitely not paying $60 for this game either, regardless of platform. The demo proved this game isn't worth more than $40 to me brand new.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Th3_James
    @Jimbo said:
    " This probably isn't very helpful, but you can order it online in the UK for about $30.  So if I were you I just wouldn't buy it on principle.

@ViciousReiven said:
    " Suck it up, we always have to deal with this crap and you should too. "
    Nope.  There's no platform tax to pay on PC so he shouldn't have to "deal with this crap".  Maybe if you stopped sucking it up then you wouldn't have to deal with it either. "
    If everyone had just sucked it up we would be in a VERY different world. Also fuck consoles, I don't want to deal with bullshit. I own all current gen consoles, but pc is the best IMO.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By shirogane

Wow really? Isn't 60 the full price, which would be equivalent to 109 here? 
    PC Bulletstorm is 88. And that's the limted edition, the only version i see available, it's $20 chaper than the console versions.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MikkaQ
    @AlexW00d said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " 60$ is the normal price of games nowadays. It's a bit silly to complain about it still.  "
    Not really. Here in England most console games are £40-45 whereas PC games mostly retail for about £30 at the most, usually £25 off of Amazon/Play. For devs to start paying a third, or more, extra isn't a good move, nor is it really necessary. "
    Well here in Canada, PC games are generally 60, and console games go for 60-70$. Either way, it's been about the same price as console games for a while now for us. 
    Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57  Edited By Xanth93
    @Waffles13 said:
    " @doejonathan said:
    " @Xanth93: Fair enough, I won't go into why I opened my post the way I did as you already stated you have no interest in it, however, I would like to ask if you could respond the way you just did now, rather than simply quoting me and only adding "This". It is difficult for me to ascertain the criticism with only one word given. "
    I'm pretty sure the criticism is that you compared theft of a $60, nonphysical game to rape. I don't care how anti-piracy you are, that's absurd and in extremely bad taste. "
    It was also the fact that it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @doejonathan: It's valueless.
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By doejonathan
    @Waffles13: I indeed did compare piracy to rape. As they both share similarities, Piracy is against the law, rape is also against the law. You seem to think I suggested that therefore doing anything against the law means it must be either rape or piracy, or even that rape and piracy must be the same thing. This would be a false statement, wouldn't you agree?  

The reason I constructed my analogy as such was to counter the idea surrounding piracy is that there is some kind of ambiguity to the meaning of the word.More often than not, when piracy is discussed there seems to be a tendency to find an excuse. I used rape in my analogy because it comparable, they are both against the law. In almost every part of the world, regardless of religion, politics or race, rape is considered immoral. There is no ambiguity. Rape brings up a gut reaction of anger and disgust, while with piracy there is a tendency to somehow justify it. Even in your reply you point out specifically that it concerns a $60 nonphysical item, as if the law does not apply to anything nonphysical. 
    Whoopi Goldberg made an infamous statement regarding Roman Polanski's sexual assault case that there is rape, and than there is "rape"-rape. While I understand what she was trying to say (the severity of rape cases are not all the same, they should be judged individually), it is still a crime, no matter how you look at it.  
    The same goes for piracy. The word itself indicates directly that it addresses an act that is illegal. If a country does not have any copyright laws, copying software is no longer piracy, it is just copying software.  

I never said rape and theft are the same thing.  That would be ridiculous.  It would also be a false conclusion.

@Xanth93: @HaltIamReptar:  
    The topic was about the price of an upcoming game. You will notice that a lot of times when software prices are discussed, piracy ens up being part of the conversation. I was replying to someone who argued piracy isn't piracy when nothing is lost. I used an analogy written in a Daily Show style statement to point out how I feel it does not hold up. I merely tried to change the perspective. If you feel piracy shouldn't have been discussed in the first place, you could have simply ignored it. It is an open forum, sometimes a discussion can lead to different topics, you don't always need to go with it, but I don't quite understand how my posts were any less meaningful that yours.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " pirate it "
    Pirating should never be the solution to anything.  If you don't like what they're doing, wait and pick it up in a few months when it's cheaper.
    J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By J12088

In the UK the epic edition is going for £40. Which is normal retail price for a video game. Just thought I'd rub salt in the wound. :P

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Who gives a shit?  It's Bulletstorm, not some AAA rated title.  It will be discounted on Steam within 3 months.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Chokobo

lol, like you expected anything less?

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Edwardryu
    @ds8k: I guess that you are so unfortunate because most new games in 2011 are $60. you see my point. get over it.  
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By time allen
    @MonetaryDread said:

" well, i guess i am just going to have to wait to play bulletstorm. I just hope that, if the game fails to sell on PC, Epic doesn't blame piracy. Unproven IP from a B-tier developer ≠ $60 value on pc "

of course they would blame it on piracy. it's easier to lay blame on the piratebay than it is on general lack of interest or asking too much money. they should have at least put a demo for pc out.
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By time allen
    @Obsidian said:
    " I didn't even buy StarCraft 2 day one.  This trend of $60 PC games needs to die. "
    i bought mine new for £20 from some guy on ebay. if they're trying to completely overcharge me i'll just make it so that someone else gets my money and that i still get to play the game.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By blueduck

The people who are going to buy bulletstorm on day one are the same people who rush out and buy every mediocre game with heavy marketing.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I think the time to bitch about this is over now. Save from some smaller developer games, most games nowadays are going to carry the 60 dollar price tag.

Except for Valve's stuff. Just do what the enlightened ones are suggesting. Buy it on steam a year or two later for 5 bucks. Now that's how you beat the man!

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Waffles13
    @doejonathan: Jesus, you do realize that the law isn't a static thing, right? Of course both piracy and rape are illegal. The difference is that piratign a game is equitable to shoplifting, except slightly less serious because you aren't depriving anyone of a physical item. I am NOT saying piracy is okay or should be legal, but the punishment is a fine.

Rape is assaulting another human being and defiling everything about them. It can cause severe and irreparable psychological trauma for life. Punishment is an extremely long jail sentence (or potentially life) as well as a lifelong listing in a government database saying how horrible you are.

Comparing either of these things to another in any way other than, "Yeah, you shouldn't do either" is insane. The fact that you're defending your statement as reasonable is legitimately frightening to me. Just because you're stating it in a "Daily Show" style doesn't make it okay.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm
    @blueduck said:

" The people who are going to buy bulletstorm on day one are the same people who rush out and buy every mediocre game with heavy marketing. "

I also hope you include all Call Of Duty titles and all Halo titles in this assumption as well, even if your statement is far more fitting to the titles I mentioned than calling Bulletstorm, "mediocre." Running with the pack, I see. You have to fit in somewhere with some group of people. This is nothing new. 

@CaptainCody
     said: 

" Man, PC gamers are a bunch of bitches, get the fuck over it. "

I'm quoting somebody else for an opinion I agree with. Games have been sixty dollars since the beginning of this current generation cycle. It's about time we stopped complaining about something that can't be changed. This hiked price tag only helps to make it obvious which are the bad games, which are the decent games and which are the excellent games, hopefully leading you to be a bit more careful about your purchasing decisions. Fortunately, it seems as if, from what I have played, Bulletstorm fits into the "excellent" category.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By blueduck
    @Napalm said:
    " @blueduck said:

" The people who are going to buy bulletstorm on day one are the same people who rush out and buy every mediocre game with heavy marketing. "

I also hope you include all Call Of Duty titles and all Halo titles in this assumption as well, even if your statement is far more fitting to the titles I mentioned than calling Bulletstorm, "mediocre." Running with the pack, I see. You have to fit in somewhere with some group of people. This is nothing new. 

@CaptainCody
     said: 

" Man, PC gamers are a bunch of bitches, get the fuck over it. "

I'm quoting somebody else for an opinion I agree with. Games have been sixty dollars since the beginning of this current generation cycle. It's about time we stopped complaining about something that can't be changed. This hiked price tag only helps to make it obvious which are the bad games, which are the decent games and which are the excellent games, hopefully leading you to be a bit more careful about your purchasing decisions. Fortunately, it seems as if, from what I have played, Bulletstorm fits into the "excellent" category. "
    I'm not really sure what you mean by your post are you trying to insult me? I really can't tell but what I can tell is you didn't understand what I meant. There is a type of person who will constantly question proved series (like halo or call of duty, I don't like either of those series but you used them so) and will nit pick every single thing with them solely because a lot of people like them. At the same time  this person will go out of their way to champion new titles and run out to buy it first day regardless of what anyone says about it. But hey you have to fit in somewhere even if that somewhere is a group of people trying really hard not to fit in.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By napalm
    @blueduck: Championing a new title that has a bit of creativity behind it is far more rewarding and interesting than talking about how the next Call Of Duty, or next X sequel in X franchise will "blow minds." It is easy to dismiss Bulletstorm for its crass humor, its instinctive pulp science fiction attitude, but the gameplay and the rewards system is far more fulfilling and interesting and ultimately, the draw of the show. Going by rumors and popular opinions is no way to go about making judgement calls about games you haven't played, which I'm assuming you have not considering you made a judgement call regarding the advertising. I'm only drawing opinions on my experiences of the game, while you draw yours from a couple of commercials. 

Beside, I don't understand how anybody can find this television trailer actively off-putting: 

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blueduck
    @Napalm said:  
    You're still not understanding what I am saying. While you sit there and judge one group by saying the same old " far more rewarding and interesting than talking about how the next Call Of Duty, or next X sequel in X franchise will "blow minds." you sit in the exact other camp. You pat yourself on the back for having a mind of your own in yet that's just an illusion, you just like things because they aren't "the next Call of Duty". Also are you saying that because something is a sequel or a bigger game release that is automatically lacks creativity? and at what point did I state the reasons I didn't like Bulletstorm? 

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Bulletstorm is (well, at least for me) kind of a bad example since that game doesnt seem to be very ... uhm ... good? ... But overall even if there is the "60 €/$" trend for PC games I never actually payed that. There are so many options to get games (and no, I DONT mean pirate them) that I hardly pay 50 Bucks for a new release, let alone 60. If I really really really want a game I pay up to 50 bucks, other than that the average I pay is about 20 to 30.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By napalm
    @blueduck: I'd like to actually point out where I said specifically that I was the only one who said that I thought Bulletstorm was great. 

Nevermind, you can't do that, because I never said it. 

Of course I know I belong to another group who are excited about and see the potential inside of Bulletstorm. I did not think I had to actually state this. My point was simply saying that it is easier to dismiss a newer title that has some different driving factors behind it because it's still an unknown quantity. The reason this is my target is mostly everybody is doing this, and they are very outspoken and if I say so myself, quite annoying. There seems to be a vocal minority who see the possibilities of Bulletstorm. While I don't doubt that more people see the same potential in Bulletstorm than myself (and the vocal minority), they are most certainly keeping to themselves as the other camp is more interested in yelling even more loudly over everybody else, like a child begging attention from their mother when the child has already been given enough. 

For the record, the final part of the last sentence is not necessarily indicative of yourself, it was merely an analogy that seemed fitting to the situation as a whole.
    TZVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TZVI

I wanted this game till I saw it was $60 and requires a widows live account. Wouldn't install it if it was given to me for free.

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By doejonathan
    @Waffles13: Even though you are directly replying to my post, I am not sure who you are trying to convince. You are still trying to point out the differences between the two. I do not like to repeat myself and I feel I made it very clear in my previous post that similarities between two thing does not mean that they must be the same thing. You are saying the law is not a static thing, I agree with you, just like our ethics aren't static, yet you say pirating a game is less of an offence than shoplifting (not even mentioning what item is being shoplifted) as if it is a fact. I degraded myself already by doing something I never thought I had to do: explaining to another human being that piracy and rape are not the same thing. I thought the gist of the statement that I originally replied to in y first post in this thread, was rather ridiculous, I pointed this out with a remark that showed similarities but with a subject that, hopefully, does not contain any ambiguity in civilized eyes. The hyperbole adds to the intention.  
    I have been thinking in how to ease your mind as you stated you are frightened, and, I honestly don't know how. I don't know how to counter someone who continues to see things that aren't there. I'm sorry I could not be of more help, but I do not apologize for any previous posts as I stand by them.
    ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By ds8k

Are you kidding me? It's never time to stop complaining. We as customers have the say in how things are priced. Always be complaining and always be challenging. Things never change without the voice of the consumer.

The people in here that say deal with it disgust me. I will never shut up so long as there is something to complain about, and neither should you.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By mfpantst

Ok don't games just cost $60 when they're first released?  Price is only a consideration I give when games cost more than that.  Not sure if I'm missing something but I pretty much see no issue here.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Im still on the fence about getting it. 
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jams
    @doejonathan said:
    " @Waffles13: Even though you are directly replying to my post, I am not sure who you are trying to convince. You are still trying to point out the differences between the two. I do not like to repeat myself and I feel I made it very clear in my previous post that similarities between two thing does not mean that they must be the same thing. You are saying the law is not a static thing, I agree with you, just like our ethics aren't static, yet you say pirating a game is less of an offence than shoplifting (not even mentioning what item is being shoplifted) as if it is a fact. I degraded myself already by doing something I never thought I had to do: explaining to another human being that piracy and rape are not the same thing. I thought the gist of the statement that I originally replied to in y first post in this thread, was rather ridiculous, I pointed this out with a remark that showed similarities but with a subject that, hopefully, does not contain any ambiguity in civilized eyes. The hyperbole adds to the intention.  I have been thinking in how to ease your mind as you stated you are frightened, and, I honestly don't know how. I don't know how to counter someone who continues to see things that aren't there. I'm sorry I could not be of more help, but I do not apologize for any previous posts as I stand by them. "
    Damn sir, you have the best posts in this thread. I gave up trying to explain what you are trying to explain along time ago and it saddens me to see that even with your highly intelligent posts that people will still bury their heads in the sand. Good luck to you my good man.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By YoungFrey

What's crazy to me is that it's $40 on the 360 and PS3.  At least via Amazon.  I have no idea how they manage to make a profit, but they keep getting my pre-orders. I really have no understanding of people that pre-order at full price. from a place that also charges sales tax (like best Buy and Gamestop).
    hxcaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By hxcaleb

I think blizzard is the only developer who can pull that off well on PC. I'm sure a lot of people would even pay 60 bucks for a WOW expansion if they had to, but for a game that was developed for the consoles...why not just get it on 360 or PS3. The PC version is a pass for me...unless I eventually torrent it sometime.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By napalm
    @YoungFrey said:
    " What's crazy to me is that it's $40 on the 360 and PS3.  At least via Amazon.  I have no idea how they manage to make a profit, but they keep getting my pre-orders. I really have no understanding of people that pre-order at full price. from a place that also charges sales tax (like best Buy and Gamestop). "
    No it's not.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Napalm said:
    " @YoungFrey said:
    " What's crazy to me is that it's $40 on the 360 and PS3.  At least via Amazon.  I have no idea how they manage to make a profit, but they keep getting my pre-orders. I really have no understanding of people that pre-order at full price. from a place that also charges sales tax (like best Buy and Gamestop). "
    No it's not. "

When you factor in the $20 credit good for almost anything Amazon sells, yes, It's $40(unless they killed the deal, but it was valid when I posted).  And for me that is $25 cheaper than buying it in a store.  It's not instantly $40, but it works out over time.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kishan6
    @doejonathan said:
    " @Waffles13: I indeed did compare piracy to rape. As they both share similarities, Piracy is against the law, rape is also against the law. You seem to think I suggested that therefore doing anything against the law means it must be either rape or piracy, or even that rape and piracy must be the same thing. This would be a false statement, wouldn't you agree?  

The reason I constructed my analogy as such was to counter the idea surrounding piracy is that there is some kind of ambiguity to the meaning of the word.More often than not, when piracy is discussed there seems to be a tendency to find an excuse. I used rape in my analogy because it comparable, they are both against the law. In almost every part of the world, regardless of religion, politics or race, rape is considered immoral. There is no ambiguity. Rape brings up a gut reaction of anger and disgust, while with piracy there is a tendency to somehow justify it. Even in your reply you point out specifically that it concerns a $60 nonphysical item, as if the law does not apply to anything nonphysical. 
    Whoopi Goldberg made an infamous statement regarding Roman Polanski's sexual assault case that there is rape, and than there is "rape"-rape. While I understand what she was trying to say (the severity of rape cases are not all the same, they should be judged individually), it is still a crime, no matter how you look at it.  
    The same goes for piracy. The word itself indicates directly that it addresses an act that is illegal. If a country does not have any copyright laws, copying software is no longer piracy, it is just copying software.  

I never said rape and theft are the same thing.  That would be ridiculous.  It would also be a false conclusion.

@Xanth93: @HaltIamReptar:  The topic was about the price of an upcoming game. You will notice that a lot of times when software prices are discussed, piracy ens up being part of the conversation. I was replying to someone who argued piracy isn't piracy when nothing is lost. I used an analogy written in a Daily Show style statement to point out how I feel it does not hold up. I merely tried to change the perspective. If you feel piracy shouldn't have been discussed in the first place, you could have simply ignored it. It is an open forum, sometimes a discussion can lead to different topics, you don't always need to go with it, but I don't quite understand how my posts were any less meaningful that yours. "
    just saying..... you were really pedantic when you constructed that answer
    Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Simulacrum

Meh. I'm probably just going to buy it used on the 360 a year from now.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By napalm
    @YoungFrey said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @YoungFrey said:
    No it's not. "
    When you factor in the $20 credit good for almost anything Amazon sells, yes, It's $40(unless they killed the deal, but it was valid when I posted).  And for me that is $25 cheaper than buying it in a store.  It's not instantly $40, but it works out over time. "
    You responded with the correct answer, and that is, it is sixty dollars, but Amazon offers a special bonus credit if you preorder the game. You don't get that money back, so you did spend sixty dollars, just twenty went towards a credit. It may be splitting hairs, but it's also a piece of information that some dolt is likely to use to while constructing some sort of anti-console argument, and so just saying forty dollars is a bit out of context for anybody to nab and throw out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.