Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Anybody actually try playing Veteran difficulty?

• 148 results
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I have my 1000 gamerscore on it, so yes i've played it through veteran, as for that geting through your 5th prestige doesn't mean alot, the online leveling system is broken.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102  Edited By Nets

I just got on the War Pig mission lol. The end of Charlie Dont Surf took me over an hour to beat.

jdubya93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By jdubya93

I first beat it on normal, then played multiplayer for awhlie. Then i went back and beat the game on veteran all except for Mile High Club.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have done about 1/4 of the game on Veteran.  It is very hard.  Tried Mile High Club and nearly lost all of my hair.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Demilich

I probably got lucky, but Mile High Club wasn't that hard on Veteran. I watched one YouTube video and got it on my 6th or 7th try. IMO the hair pulling slam your head on your desk moment was defending MacMillan while waiting for the chopper.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106  Edited By Vaxadrin

For me that moment was the cross shaped hallway in the missile silo level.  Fuck that shit.

Playing veteran made me hate this game's campaign.  I'll never play it again.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By Pibo47
    Schadenfreude said:
    "I beat all of game on Veteran except for the Epilogue. That is much too difficult for me.
    "
    lol, i know your pain. But im 1000/1000.
    Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Cleric

Today, I can proudly say that I completed the game on Veteran.

Yes, after hours and hours of cursing and swearing, I finally DID get the Mile High Club Achievement.

Now I think I won't touch that game ever again. LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mourne said:
    "I didn't have any issues on veteran until the level before the last (No Fighting in the War Room). I think that was it, anyway, but it's the one where you are trying to get down the corridor that has three pathways. That part was so hard for me; not sure why, but it really gave me a headache."
    Because this level is fucking broken.  The checkpoints are arbitrary, the enemies in the level can respawn if you do not move to certain points in the level within the time limit, and the teammate AI is functionally retarded. 

I hated Veteran.  Hated it.  There is little redemption to be found in that Stygian torture chamber of a difficulty.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demilich said:
    "I probably got lucky, but Mile High Club wasn't that hard on Veteran. I watched one YouTube video and got it on my 6th or 7th try. IMO the hair pulling slam your head on your desk moment was defending MacMillan while waiting for the chopper."
    This is also a level indicative of bad AI management.  Literally speaking, I left MacMillan to fend for himself while hiding behind the bumper car attraction.  Despite there being a congregation of enemy soldiers, neither party (the Eastern Europeans nor MacMillan) fired once.  And I remained prone behind the bumper car structure until the helicopter arrived.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Demilich
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Demilich said:
    "I probably got lucky, but Mile High Club wasn't that hard on Veteran. I watched one YouTube video and got it on my 6th or 7th try. IMO the hair pulling slam your head on your desk moment was defending MacMillan while waiting for the chopper."
    This is also a level indicative of bad AI management.  Literally speaking, I left MacMillan to fend for himself while hiding behind the bumper car attraction.  Despite there being a congregation of enemy soldiers, neither party (the Eastern Europeans nor MacMillan) fired once.  And I remained prone behind the bumper car structure until the helicopter arrived."
    I eventually found out that if I can make it back to where the enemy soldiers come from they stop spawning and I could wait there til it arrived. Unfortunately as soon as I leave they spawn again, meaning that run to the chopper took a fair few amount of tries.
    snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By snake6phw

I beat veteran in a few days, the only part that I had trouble with was the last mission (not the airplane one). The bonus mission isn't hard, you just need to move, FAST.

John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By John

To be honest, I had to use a video guide to get past the very last part of "One Shot one Kill" it was freken kicking my ass for weeks. After that it was all pretty easy.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HandsomeDead

After getting smoked in the TV studio over and over and over, I gave up. Up till that point it wasn't too difficult, but that section totally sapped all my interest out of Veteran.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By Player1

It's a lot easier then I though it would be personally, but I've played Legendary Halo, and insane gears, so I guess I'm used to it.

I can't beat the level All Ghillied up though. Its impossible. 
    SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SunBurntYeti

i'm struggling on the mission when you have to get back to the helicopter from the barn.

It's hell at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SunBurntYeti said:
    "i'm struggling on the mission when you have to get back to the helicopter from the barn.

It's hell at the moment."
    Yeah.  Again, another example of the AI refusing to do anything worth while.  And coupled with the extremely limited "life meter," this section is more a trial of chance than skill or strategy. 
    SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SunBurntYeti

Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "SunBurntYeti said:
    "i'm struggling on the mission when you have to get back to the helicopter from the barn.

It's hell at the moment."
    Yeah.  Again, another example of the AI refusing to do anything worth while.  And coupled with the extremely limited "life meter," this section is more a trial of chance than skill or strategy. "
    Agree.

The AI are useless in that mission.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember having to memorize the positions of the enemies inside the barn.  Why the helicopter chooses to isolate you and you alone is beyond me, but I remember charging headlong into the barn after killing the troops outside, getting killed, then, after knowing where I would be attacked from, charging in again to get a better position on them/attack them before they could react.

Just bad, bad, bad design, really.

SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SunBurntYeti
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "I remember having to memorize the positions of the enemies inside the barn.  Why the helicopter chooses to isolate you and you alone is beyond me, but I remember charging headlong into the barn after killing the troops outside, getting killed, then, after knowing where I would be attacked from, charging in again to get a better position on them/attack them before they could react.

Just bad, bad, bad design, really."

That level sucks too, but i was talking about the mission after one shot one kill. when you return to the present and have to run to the bottom of the town, escaping on the chopper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh.  Again, bad AI.  Yeah, with the smoke bombs and the time limit and such?

I just spammed the hell out of the airstrike function.

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By kidzombie

I played Veteran through Act 1, then I dropped it to hardened, its just insane for the waves of enemies

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#123  Edited By wefwefasdf

I did for a while but eventually gave up because I couldn't take it anymore. I got pretty far along though.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#124  Edited By DJ_Lae

I played Veteran until the TV station, where it became plainly obvious that the game cheats horribly and uses switches to turn off the flow of enemies, which is just lame.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Demyx

I haven't even finished the game on normal yet....

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I beat the game on veteran but I couldn't beat the epilogue mission. I seriously must have tried it 50 times before I just gave up and destroyed my mouse. I never did go back to try it again.

Boman12L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Boman12L

OH what a sweet feeling.  Beat the game on Vet, even got my Mile High Club points. After that had to go back and play CoD 2 on  Veteran. Got the full 1000 points

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#128  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I've gotten pretty far but it get hard sometimes, to the point that i give up

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Tomzombie

is that the last difficulty cause i beat it,  ITS FUNCKING HARD

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By guiseppe

I've tried it and beaten it, at least if you don't count the epilogue. The hard parts for me were where you have to get to (and escape from) the farm and the last part in the bunker, those were really mindnumbingly frustrating to get through. I tried the epilogue, but after half an hour or so I just gave up, I'll probably get back to it at some point though, being the achievement junkie I am.

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Manks

I've beaten a few levels on Veteran, but not the whole game.  Some of those levels are just too frustrating.  

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By GalvanizedNails

I beat the whole thing on veteran in maybe four days, Heat and the one where your chopper gets shot down took me the longest. I think I spent maybe 3 hours on Mile High Club

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Veteran mode is extremely hard. I'm playing through it for achievements and it's taking forever. I just got past the part where you snipe dude. I jump out of the exploding building and have dip through the rest of the level. I can't see a way out of this level. I go around the bus and four guys come, I quickly pistol them, steal an automatic weapon and turn the corner to meet three guys just standing there ready to shoot me. And they do. >.>

W/e. In Vet mode, you just got to keep trying. Over and over.... I die at least 100 times per level. But I'm also sort of crazy, and try knifing too much....

Oh, and in Vet mode, nades spawn by you it seems... If you hide too long. Nades just find you. Which is extremely annoying... >.>

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Johnny5

Jeez guys I didnt think Veteran was THAT hard. I started on Veteran (since Ive played all the other COD games I thought I should).  It took me roughly 2 days nonstop.

The sniper mission made me pull out my hair.

I think the main game only took me a day and a half, it took me like 8 hours to beat the Mile High Clubs. THAT is the hard part... I went insane... took about 8 hours.

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Orange

I beat the game on Veteran after beating it on the second difficulty level. It took a long time, I didn't play it non-stop or anything.... you just have to be patient and careful... some of the last missions are the hardest I remembered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny5 said:
    The sniper mission made me pull out my hair.
    A lot of people complain about this.  "All Ghillied Up" wasn't that hard, as long as you follow MacMillan's directions, but waiting for the helicopter.  Jesus.  Never thought I'd get so aggravated at bad design in my life. 
    valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By valiantgoat

I finished all of veteran except for No Fighting In the War Room, and Mile High Club(whatever the mission is called) before even playing online. I got frustrated with the last 2 missions cause of the time restrictions, though I did finish them eventually. The reason I did that stuff before going online was because I didn't have XBL at the time.

Veteran was damn frustrating at many spots, but there's a few parts that are murder inducing.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Alexander

Got through veteran, it was pretty tough - the hardest part for me had to be when you have to defend a position while mcmillan is on the floor. In the end I actually did that part by running to where the bad guys spawn from, doing that cut their numbers in half - mcmillan himself is actually invincible, so you don't need to worry about him.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#139  Edited By tearhead

A friend of mine played through my copy of COD 4 on veteran (he didn't beat the Mile High stage though). I played through it on hardened, and after seeing his frustration and the amount of times he died... I have no intention of playing that game through on veteran.

SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SunBurntYeti

All Ghillied Up was easy in my opinion, all you have to do when you wait for the chopper is, crouch behind the dodgem cars and kill the enemies that walk in your sight.

(you're practically invincible behind those dodgems)  

vvArToRN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By vvArToRN

it took about three whole days to beat veteran including mile high

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By KillaMaStA

I got pretty far on veteran,the mission where you have to escape after the assasination finally got me

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By shotaro

done it on PC - wish I had gotten the game for the 360 now though

Avatar image for deactivated-5a264ba32aa29
    deactivated-5a264ba32aa29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 360 Controller: $40.00
    Converse Chuck Taylors: $60.00

Throwing your controller across the room and diving on it with your feet, due to Call of Duty 4's Veteran difficulty being nearly suicidal: Priceless.

True story. This game's fantastic though. I really haven't felt as good as I did for beating a game since uh... it's been a long time actually. Anybody notice how fantastic the game's difficulty system scales? I remember playing Halo 2 on Legendary and getting stuck on the sniper parts because of how automatic and cheap death is at them. This game challenges you with sheer numbers and new points of entry for them though, not relying on the bots having super-human aim. I love it.
    jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By jangofett88

I got up to the sniper mission. That was the second time I've ever thrown a controller. The first time playing Geometry Wars.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By lamegame621

I made it to 'Hunted' on veteran before quitting. hard as shit.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#147  Edited By wefwefasdf

I made it till the room with all the tvs. I gave up... haha

fooflighter737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By fooflighter737

What's weird is I beat it 2x's on Veteran but kinda suck at MP even though I have 51 XP guess I'm more a single player at heart, veteran was hard but not too hard

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By giyanks22
    Br3adfan said:
    "I beat it on Veteren in a few days and I almost went insane trying to do so"
    No lie I beat it on veteran, but I had to play the TV Station part probably 200 times. I kept dieing. It took me like four hours to finally beat it. I just triggered the fire fight, and let the AI kill most of the dudes, and I would hide in the TV room that you come out of, and then come out and kill all of um .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.