Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

W@W seems harder than COD4

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mikevanpwn

I dont know, maybe I just suck.  But World at War seems pretty darn hard compared to COD4.  Anyone else see this? 

Perhaps it has to deal with the weird spawn issues the game has right now, but it seems like half the time I get shot in the back.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

It's probably due to two factors:

1) You're not used to the maps and weapons
    2) You're dealing with mostly hardcore gamers and not the typical COD4 crowd

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

From my experience, WWII weapons just don't feel right with the speed of CoD4's engine. In a war where everything was fought in trenches... I dunno.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gunslinger
    Vinchenzo said:
    "From my experience, WWII weapons just don't feel right with the speed of CoD4's engine. In a war where everything was fought in trenches... I dunno."
       Are you sure that you're not thinking of WWI warfare, there?

That was the war that was more glamourised to the public as being trench warfare.

WWII was more about tactical assault of key cities and maintaining high points in them, to prevent the Nazi advance.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Systech

I haven't really noticed. When I got into the game, it felt really similar to Call of Duty 4 and I was able to start killing right off the bat.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Gunslinger said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "From my experience, WWII weapons just don't feel right with the speed of CoD4's engine. In a war where everything was fought in trenches... I dunno."

That was the war that was more glamourised to the public as being trench warfare.

WWII was more about tactical assault of key cities and maintaining high points in them, to prevent the Nazi advance."
    Yeah, that was WWI. I took the course last year.
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By aaox

I felt the exact same way- until I realized that everyone I met was either Hardcore or a JUGGENAUTING W****.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Gizmo
    mikevanpwn said:
    "I dont know, maybe I just suck.  But World at War seems pretty darn hard compared to COD4.  Anyone else see this? 

Perhaps it has to deal with the weird spawn issues the game has right now, but it seems like half the time I get shot in the back."
    I'm a lot better at W@W then 4... I prefer WW2 weapons.
    mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikevanpwn

The thing I've begun to notice now is that the spawns are a bit different in W@W.  Although I cant really confirm this, usually COD4 would spawn you with a group of team mates on TDM.  World at War it seems that if another player makes it to the opposite end of the map instead of people spawning in the higher concentration of team mates on that side, they'll spawn with the guy across the map. 

I noticed this on Makin.  The round had just started and I was prone in some brush sniping.  A minute or so later I hear an enemy's foot steps go past me and into a building to my rear.  Seconds later someone trips a radar plane and now two other guys have spawned with this guy, while the rest of their team is still fighting across the map.  And that seems different to me, in COD4 it seemed that you'd spawn with the higher concentration of people unless there was almost nobody left.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Vinchenzo said:
    you should go and play brothers in arms dude. you got your history all wacked man, i never knew somebody could get WW2 totally mixed up with WW1.  ww2 was not much unlike how it is today, just less advanced technology. 

i got a question for you guys in the beta. what does pushing up do? it used to be for night vision so what have they replaced it with?
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Gunslinger said:
    "Vinchenzo said:

WWII was more about tactical assault of key cities and maintaining high points in them, to prevent the Nazi advance."
    Yeah, that was WWI. I took the course last year.
    "
    lol what course? you should get your money back. 
    maybe you got hedges mixed up with trenches in europe. sure lots of trenches were in WW2, but most of the war was fought in wild and urban settings. like in japan it was lots of jungle and open land and in europe it was all farms and cities
    mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikevanpwn
    TwoOneFive said:
    "i got a question for you guys in the beta. what does pushing up do? it used to be for night vision so what have they replaced it with?"
    Its the Map now
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By stephengotlost

The weapons definitely feel less accurate. You can't pull up a Thompson and strike someone with every bullet  from more than 50+ feet anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.