Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Zombie Nazi Mode

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zitosilva

To those of you who already got the game, how is this mode? To be honest, it seems like it's the only thing that interest me in the game. But is it alone enough to make the game purchase worth?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I heard that it's actually pretty fun, but I don't know from personal experience. Honestly, if the only thing that interests you WaW is the co-op zombie mode...why not just pick up L4D instead?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

You know the most entertaining aspect to CounterStrike Source after years of playing ended up being the zombie mode servers that started up. I too have been wondering if WaW perhaps worth the purchase for a decent single player and semi decent zombie mode? I've pre-ordered L4D but i know the more zombie shooter games the better.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

When I read that title I thought it said Zombie Nazi Mod, I was expecting a topic about MB (Wow, this is my second random post about MB in a row, I wasn't expecting that).

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

To me it looks like a mod using the engine, and it could be an ok amount of fun until Left 4 Dead comes out, but nothing more.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

A lot of people think poorly of Treyarch, Treyarch knows this. Because of this they had the brilliant idea of a buy-me-plea of putting this on the box:

"An epic WWII shooter.....omg nd nazi zombies!"

And people are....falling for it? Sheesh. They are brain washing you, people! If you want to get the game for what the game is, then get it. But don't buy it because of teh ubar zombiez. srsly peeps, get a grip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BiggerBomb said:
    "

A lot of people think poorly of Treyarch, Treyarch knows this. Because of this they had the brilliant idea of a buy-me-plea of putting this on the box:

And people are....falling for it? Sheesh. They are brain washing you, people! If you want to get the game for what the game is, then get it. But don't buy it because of teh ubar zombiez. srsly peeps, get a grip.

"
    The Nazi Zombie mode is part of what "the game is". And thats a big part of development. Putting in things that make people on the fence want to go buy it. Or indeed anyone want to go buy it.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    The Nazi Zombie mode is part of what "the game is". And thats a big part of development. Putting in things that make people on the fence want to go buy it. Or indeed anyone want to go buy it."

Yeah, no. It is a desperate buy me plea, in no way representative of what Call of Duty aims for or (let's be honest here) what Treyarch would put in a game if they were actually successful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiggerBomb said:
    "p4ddym1607 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    The Nazi Zombie mode is part of what "the game is". And thats a big part of development. Putting in things that make people on the fence want to go buy it. Or indeed anyone want to go buy it."

Yeah, no. It is a desperate buy me plea, in no way representative of what Call of Duty aims for or (let's be honest here) what Treyarch would put in a game if they were actually successful."
    It isnt a desperate buy me plea in my mind. For godsakes its call of duty. Its going to sell. And from what i have heard from people (including Infinity Ward) that the Nazi Zombie mode is actually very good. So Treyarch are assholes for just putting in a little fun bonus mode that isnt meant to be anything serious. The nerve.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

Naive, naive boy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Case closed
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "Case closed"

If that helps you sleep at night, ok.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiggerBomb said:
    "p4ddym1607 said:
    "Case closed"

If that helps you sleep at night, ok."
    lol. I didnt mean it like that.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    Kush said:
    "I heard that it's actually pretty fun, but I don't know from personal experience. Honestly, if the only thing that interests you WaW is the co-op zombie mode...why not just pick up L4D instead?"
    Because I currently don't own a 360 (a situation that'll be fixed by the end of the year) and I'm not much into playing games on my computer.

But reading from what most people are saying and everything I think it's the nazi zombie mode alone isn't enough. I guess I'll wait for L4D. It's not as if we don't have a bunch of other good games right now that I HAVE to pick Call Of Duty.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ieatlions
    zitosilva said:
    "Kush said:
    "I heard that it's actually pretty fun, but I don't know from personal experience. Honestly, if the only thing that interests you WaW is the co-op zombie mode...why not just pick up L4D instead?"
    Because I currently don't own a 360 (a situation that'll be fixed by the end of the year) and I'm not much into playing games on my computer.

But reading from what most people are saying and everything I think it's the nazi zombie mode alone isn't enough. I guess I'll wait for L4D. It's not as if we don't have a bunch of other good games right now that I HAVE to pick Call Of Duty."
    nazi mode + campaign and multiplayer is enough for most people..... oh and l4d is gay
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva
    ieatlions said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "Kush said:

But reading from what most people are saying and everything I think it's the nazi zombie mode alone isn't enough. I guess I'll wait for L4D. It's not as if we don't have a bunch of other good games right now that I HAVE to pick Call Of Duty."
    nazi mode + campaign and multiplayer is enough for most people..... oh and l4d is gay"
    Wow, that's deep.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

Um...you guys must've forgot something:

Zombies are awesome.

That's a universal truth.  Zombies make everything not only cooler, but better.  I have not personally unlocked the Nazi Zombie mode, but to be able to sit in a house and shoot the fuck out of zombies...that's awesome.  It doesn't matter if it's Pinkie's Pie Party.  It's fucking awesome.  If Fuzion Frenzy 2 had replaced all the characters with zombies, it would've been one of the best games ever...just because of the fact that it has zombies.  Hell, there are times that I wish I could join the zombie race, but then I slowly realize that they may not really exist.

However, I have to say that if you are looking at the game solely because of the Nazi Zombie mode and not for the super-nice addictive multiplayer component, then you need to stick to Left 4 Dead, because that game is going to be the pinnacle of gaming for a while.  I mean, Valve-based multiplayer with zombies?!  Two of the greatest things have finally come together!!!
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By sionweeks
    BiggerBomb said:
    "p4ddym1607 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"

Yeah, no. It is a desperate buy me plea, in no way representative of what Call of Duty aims for or (let's be honest here) what Treyarch would put in a game if they were actually successful."
    Of course it's a "desperate buy me plead"

And it's fucking awesome as well.
    nasie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nasie

It's quite good and offers some tactical decisions, it doesn't feel like some rushed crap.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MadExponent

Zomebie mode is amazing.  It takes a while to play it.  I'd only get into a game if you have an hour to spare.  I spent an hour and 10 minutes the other day getting to level 16.  It is very hard, and with the right team, its very entertaining.  It's a real rush, and it's nice as an add on, CODWAW would still be good without it, but with it, I can honestly say that it's probably going to be my favorite game of the fall.  I lost 4 hours just to zombie mode last night.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Daniel

I tried out Zombie mode for the first time today with one dude I met while playing online. We got rocked. Only got to level 4. Haha.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kush

What is the max level for Zombie mode? ...I'm interested in giving the game a shot solely based on this and online co-op.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    daniel said:
    "I tried out Zombie mode for the first time today with one dude I met while playing online. We got rocked. Only got to level 4. Haha."

There isn't a limit, it just goes until you die.

So far it's my favorite mode of the game. Multiplayer on the huge maps with the tanks is dumb and most of the smaller maps are just way too small. If you liked anything about Horde from GoW2 then this mode should be right up your alley.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

i'm loving zombie mode but i need some more people to play with so if you got a ps3 and want to kill some zombies hit me up my screen name is danhimself

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By suneku

I just played this over at my friend's place, it was pretty fun even though we could only play 2 play split screen and got to round 10... kinda wished there was 4 player split screen for at least just this mode. But it was still pretty fun. Although L4D is probably the way to go for zombie games, this was enjoyable enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.