Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

Don't EVER buy anything from the Capcom Store

• 53 results
    KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KyleSellers

I specifically ordered from Capcom because the Giant Bomb guys raved about their attention to their community.  I wanted to do business with a company like that, but they have done everything in their power to screw me.  You should NEVER buy something from the Capcom store.  Ever.

I ordered a $150 Tournament Stick to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with (I have a cabinet of the first one, and was looking forward to playing online).  Basically, Capcom decided to take the opportunity to bend me over the table and show me how much they appreciated me as a customer.  I still cannot sit down.  Basically, they've made me pay for this damned arcade stick and I am out $300 and STILL don't have an arcade stick.

I ordered on June 24th.  On July 17th, I ask where it is--they say it was delivered on July 3rd.  It wasn't.  Two days later, after several emails, they let me know that they are shipping another one to me and I will get an email confirming shipping.  10 days later I still haven't received a confirmation!  On July 28th, I reply--and at that point, they stop replying to me altogether.  I go to Twitter, and @Capcom_Unity tells me to go to the forums and PM Kramez so I sign up for the forum.  AFTER THREE DAYS of complaining on the forum I am finally told that I need to place ANOTHER order, and pay extra for shipping and they will refund my original order and REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY!!!  I'm pissed, but I just it resolved, so I place the order less than 30 minutes after received the email.  (To be fair, DJay did offer to help me, and apparently he runs for Capcom store, but I have no idea whether or not he did anything.  Nice guy, though.)

Now, 3 days later I have not received confirmation of my Tournament Stick being order OR my refund on my first order.  My first order was $163, my second was $5 more ($168), so I am currently out $331 and have ZERO Tournament Sticks.  And it has been over a month and a half.

WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY WOULD SCREW OVER ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS?  What other company would charge extra when a person doesn't receive the item they ordered?  What type of company stops returning emails from their customers or promises to ship them and item and then never does? 

Most companies would be horrified to learn that their customers are being treated this way.  Not Capcom.  I've talked to the guy who runs the store and Seth, and STILL my issue is unresolved.

Here is a record of some of the communications I have had with Capcom:

July 17th
    I finally checked the tracking information on my package and it says that it arrived on July 3rd.  It didn't.  I checked at the post office and they said it had arrived, as well.

I never received my order, is there a way for you to check and see if it was returned to you?

Thank you,
    Kyle Sellers

THAT DAY I GOT A RESONSE:
    July 17th

Dear Kyle Sellers,

Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store.

We show that this product was delivered on 7/3/09 to the address listed below:

[REDACTED]

Please check around your house to verify if the package was dropped off.

Sincerely,
    Chad H.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:
    July 18th
    I live in a townhouse, and I never received it.  Nor did my neighbor
    whose door is across from mine.

Kyle Sellers

THE NEXT DAY:
    July 19th

Dear Kyle Sellers,

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.  A request has been submitted to reship your product.  You will be notified by email when the product is shipped.

Sincerely,
    Dennis H.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:
    July 28th
    It has been 10 days and I have not gotten either a shipping confirmation or an update.  It has been over a month since I ordered the stick.

Can you either give me an update or a refund, this is getting ridiculous.
    Kyle Sellers.

THERE WAS NEVER ANY REPLY TO THE ABOVE EMAIL, SO I WENT TO TWITTER.  @Capcom_Unity told me to go to the forums.  I created these posts:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/kylesellers/blog/2009/07/29/wow_its_a_lot_of_work_just_to_sign_up_just_to_track_down_my_purchase
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18603518/I_was_told_by_Capcom_Unity_to_come_here_to_contact_Kramez

And when there was no response after a couple days, I posted these:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/kylesellers/blog/2009/07/31/i_need_help_i_have_been_waiting_a_month_for_my_tournament_stick_i_paid_for
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18621118/Is_there_a_phone__for_customer_service_Ive_been_waiting_over_a_MONTH_for_my_Tournament_Stick

FINALLY, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CAPCOM:

July 31st

We show the order was delivered via USPS tracking number [REDACTED].  As we are not responsible for lost or stolen shipments, we are only able to refund the order once a new order has been placed.  Please use a traceable method of shipping along with the code TENOFFUPS2DAY to receive $10 UPS ground. To place a new order, go to: http://store.digitalriver.com/

- Add the product(s) you wish to purchase to the shopping cart. If you are attempting to place an order from a promotional offer, please use the link provided by that offer. If the incorrect pricing appears, empty your shopping cart and try again.

- Once all items you wish to purchase are in the shopping cart, proceed to the checkout.
    We recommend when placing an order that you enter your billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement. If your middle initial appears on your credit card, please include it.

If you receive an error message, please reply with the error number, if available. Also include the order number if available (found in the shopping cart before you click the "Proceed to Checkout" button).

Once the new order is placed, please reply to this email with the new order number and we will refund the previous purchase.

Sincerely
    Alexander L.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

SO BASICALLY, I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER STICK AND THEY WILL REFUND THE FIRST ONE.  OH, AND I HAVE TO PAY *MORE* FOR SHIPPING ON THIS ONE.  BASICALLY, I NEED TO PAY EXTRA TO ACTUALLY GET THE PRODUCT I ORDERED.  Now THAT is customer service!

MY RESPONSE (After I went ahead and paid ANOTHER $168!):

July 31st (roughly 30 minutes after receiving the last email)

Thank you for responding, I was growing quite concerned and considering initiating a chargeback.  I don't understand why I need to place an order when I was told on July 24th that it would be shipping soon.  I cannot believe that I am sending you MORE money after the poor customer service I have received.

I just placed the replacement order, but I have not gotten a confirmation number, yet.  Maybe you can check on your end... the whole site seems slow and laggy, but it says: "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

Please refund my previous purchase today.  If there is ANY REASON that you cannot refund my previous purchase today, I EXPECT to be notified of the delay.

I have to say, this has been one of the worst customer experiences of my life, and I doubt I would ever order from the Capcom store again.  I understand when things go wrong, but the fact that no one was responding to my emails, that I had to register for a forum, and that I had to contact multiple people on the forums to get any sort of response seems unreasonable.

Again, I just spent $150 to play a $15 XBLA game because I am such a fan of Capcom.  I wish this had all gone much smoother, and I hope you will do something to prevent this in the future.

Kyle Sellers
    It has been FOUR days and I have not received a refund on the first Tournament Stick, nor have I received a response to my email.  I have no idea when or if I will receive a refund.  But when I receive the Tournament Stick, I am returning it immediately.  I come from a background in customer service, so maybe I am particularly sensitive to poor customer service--I don't know.  Does it seem unreasonable to be upset about a transaction going down like this?

Regardless, I will never buy another product from the Capcom store.  Capcom makes some great games, and I will continue to support them as a developer, but I am not likely to buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 or a Capcom branded arcade stick.  Of course, if one person at Capcom would apologize and take the VERY little effort it would require to make this situation right (and refund the additional absurd shipping charges), I would be very appreciative.  I don't blame companies for things going wrong--but I do blame them for not caring enough to make them right.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KyleSellers

I specifically ordered from Capcom because the Giant Bomb guys raved about their attention to their community.  I wanted to do business with a company like that, but they have done everything in their power to screw me.  You should NEVER buy something from the Capcom store.  Ever.

I ordered a $150 Tournament Stick to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with (I have a cabinet of the first one, and was looking forward to playing online).  Basically, Capcom decided to take the opportunity to bend me over the table and show me how much they appreciated me as a customer.  I still cannot sit down.  Basically, they've made me pay for this damned arcade stick and I am out $300 and STILL don't have an arcade stick.

I ordered on June 24th.  On July 17th, I ask where it is--they say it was delivered on July 3rd.  It wasn't.  Two days later, after several emails, they let me know that they are shipping another one to me and I will get an email confirming shipping.  10 days later I still haven't received a confirmation!  On July 28th, I reply--and at that point, they stop replying to me altogether.  I go to Twitter, and @Capcom_Unity tells me to go to the forums and PM Kramez so I sign up for the forum.  AFTER THREE DAYS of complaining on the forum I am finally told that I need to place ANOTHER order, and pay extra for shipping and they will refund my original order and REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY!!!  I'm pissed, but I just it resolved, so I place the order less than 30 minutes after received the email.  (To be fair, DJay did offer to help me, and apparently he runs for Capcom store, but I have no idea whether or not he did anything.  Nice guy, though.)

Now, 3 days later I have not received confirmation of my Tournament Stick being order OR my refund on my first order.  My first order was $163, my second was $5 more ($168), so I am currently out $331 and have ZERO Tournament Sticks.  And it has been over a month and a half.

WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY WOULD SCREW OVER ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS?  What other company would charge extra when a person doesn't receive the item they ordered?  What type of company stops returning emails from their customers or promises to ship them and item and then never does? 

Most companies would be horrified to learn that their customers are being treated this way.  Not Capcom.  I've talked to the guy who runs the store and Seth, and STILL my issue is unresolved.

Here is a record of some of the communications I have had with Capcom:

July 17th
    I finally checked the tracking information on my package and it says that it arrived on July 3rd.  It didn't.  I checked at the post office and they said it had arrived, as well.

I never received my order, is there a way for you to check and see if it was returned to you?

Thank you,
    Kyle Sellers

THAT DAY I GOT A RESONSE:
    July 17th

Dear Kyle Sellers,

We show that this product was delivered on 7/3/09 to the address listed below:

[REDACTED]

Please check around your house to verify if the package was dropped off.

Sincerely,
    Chad H.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:
    July 18th
    I live in a townhouse, and I never received it.  Nor did my neighbor
    whose door is across from mine.

Kyle Sellers

THE NEXT DAY:
    July 19th

Dear Kyle Sellers,

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.  A request has been submitted to reship your product.  You will be notified by email when the product is shipped.

Sincerely,
    Dennis H.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:
    July 28th
    It has been 10 days and I have not gotten either a shipping confirmation or an update.  It has been over a month since I ordered the stick.

Can you either give me an update or a refund, this is getting ridiculous.
    Kyle Sellers.

THERE WAS NEVER ANY REPLY TO THE ABOVE EMAIL, SO I WENT TO TWITTER.  @Capcom_Unity told me to go to the forums.  I created these posts:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/kylesellers/blog/2009/07/29/wow_its_a_lot_of_work_just_to_sign_up_just_to_track_down_my_purchase
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18603518/I_was_told_by_Capcom_Unity_to_come_here_to_contact_Kramez

And when there was no response after a couple days, I posted these:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/kylesellers/blog/2009/07/31/i_need_help_i_have_been_waiting_a_month_for_my_tournament_stick_i_paid_for
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18621118/Is_there_a_phone__for_customer_service_Ive_been_waiting_over_a_MONTH_for_my_Tournament_Stick

FINALLY, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CAPCOM:

July 31st

We show the order was delivered via USPS tracking number [REDACTED].  As we are not responsible for lost or stolen shipments, we are only able to refund the order once a new order has been placed.  Please use a traceable method of shipping along with the code TENOFFUPS2DAY to receive $10 UPS ground. To place a new order, go to: http://store.digitalriver.com/

- Add the product(s) you wish to purchase to the shopping cart. If you are attempting to place an order from a promotional offer, please use the link provided by that offer. If the incorrect pricing appears, empty your shopping cart and try again.

- Once all items you wish to purchase are in the shopping cart, proceed to the checkout.
    We recommend when placing an order that you enter your billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement. If your middle initial appears on your credit card, please include it.

If you receive an error message, please reply with the error number, if available. Also include the order number if available (found in the shopping cart before you click the "Proceed to Checkout" button).

Once the new order is placed, please reply to this email with the new order number and we will refund the previous purchase.

Sincerely
    Alexander L.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service

SO BASICALLY, I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER STICK AND THEY WILL REFUND THE FIRST ONE.  OH, AND I HAVE TO PAY *MORE* FOR SHIPPING ON THIS ONE.  BASICALLY, I NEED TO PAY EXTRA TO ACTUALLY GET THE PRODUCT I ORDERED.  Now THAT is customer service!

MY RESPONSE (After I went ahead and paid ANOTHER $168!):

July 31st (roughly 30 minutes after receiving the last email)

Thank you for responding, I was growing quite concerned and considering initiating a chargeback.  I don't understand why I need to place an order when I was told on July 24th that it would be shipping soon.  I cannot believe that I am sending you MORE money after the poor customer service I have received.

I just placed the replacement order, but I have not gotten a confirmation number, yet.  Maybe you can check on your end... the whole site seems slow and laggy, but it says: "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

Please refund my previous purchase today.  If there is ANY REASON that you cannot refund my previous purchase today, I EXPECT to be notified of the delay.

I have to say, this has been one of the worst customer experiences of my life, and I doubt I would ever order from the Capcom store again.  I understand when things go wrong, but the fact that no one was responding to my emails, that I had to register for a forum, and that I had to contact multiple people on the forums to get any sort of response seems unreasonable.

Again, I just spent $150 to play a $15 XBLA game because I am such a fan of Capcom.  I wish this had all gone much smoother, and I hope you will do something to prevent this in the future.

Kyle Sellers
    It has been FOUR days and I have not received a refund on the first Tournament Stick, nor have I received a response to my email.  I have no idea when or if I will receive a refund.  But when I receive the Tournament Stick, I am returning it immediately.  I come from a background in customer service, so maybe I am particularly sensitive to poor customer service--I don't know.  Does it seem unreasonable to be upset about a transaction going down like this?

Regardless, I will never buy another product from the Capcom store.  Capcom makes some great games, and I will continue to support them as a developer, but I am not likely to buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 or a Capcom branded arcade stick.  Of course, if one person at Capcom would apologize and take the VERY little effort it would require to make this situation right (and refund the additional absurd shipping charges), I would be very appreciative.  I don't blame companies for things going wrong--but I do blame them for not caring enough to make them right.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

Crazy, the only thing I ordered from them was Okami when it went on sale for $20. I received it about a month and a half later when I had already forgot about it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sounds terrible.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter

Don't they have a phone number you can call?

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KyleSellers

No phone number that I know of.  And believe me, I've looked!  I just don't understand how the Bombcast crew can sing the praises of Capcom's commitment to their customers.  I suspect that they see a different side of Capcom than some of us "little people." 

I should also mention that Seth Killian (Community Manager), Chris Svensson (a corporate VP), and DJay (who runs the Capcom store) have all responded to my threads on Capcom, but none of them have taken action (that I know of) to get this resolved.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

Well I guess I'll never be buying anything from their onine store.  Good luck.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KyleSellers

I just was sort of amazed that the advice I got when looking for customer service was "Go to the forum and PM some dude."  I read alot of forums (including this one), but rarely participate--I don't have that much to contribute--but I have NEVER even thought of a forum as a valid means of obtaining customer service. 

Why should I have to register on a site, track down one guy (especially when Capcom's proprietary forum system is a little confusing--it won't even let you go to the forums until you make a blog post and upload a picture), just to try to convince a company that when I give them $163, they are supposed to give me something in return?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah that sucks but you are really making it sound like it is their fault.  Even UPS shows that it got to your place, or at least the place that was listed as the address.  Capcom cannot control if the item is delivered or not after they ship it out.  Sounds like your beef should be with UPS all along.  The fact that the UPS tracking system shows it got to your place twice, means there is something screwy going on with them.  Capcom did respond and did what is normal.  It doesnt seem like they treated you horribly, just redirecting you to the right info.  Maybe you got your adress wrong or someone signed for you and is stealing your packages.  Can you explain to me how capcom can manipulate the tracking info of a 3rd party just to screw you over?
    KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KyleSellers

I was unclear, thanks for giving me a chance to clarify.    

@TheHBK

said:

The fact that the UPS tracking system shows it got to your place twice, means there is something screwy going on with them.  Capcom did respond and did what is normal.

They only shipped it once, the second email is referring to the first shipment.  The second shipment never went out.  Had it been shipped that would be one thing, but once you promise to ship a replacement and then DON'T, that is another thing.

I *fully* believe that the package was lost in shipment, and am not implying some sort of conspiracy.  But, I don't expect to spend $160 bucks on something I never receive.

If the response had been "Tough luck," I would have gone to my credit card company and reversed the charge.  Instead they said they'd send another one, then changed their mind--and then stopped responding to my emails.  And even now, after I have placed two orders, they have not refunded the first one which they said they would.  BOTTOM LINE:  If you say you're going to do something, do it.  I can't believe I sent them more money.  I should've just done a credit card chargeback.  But I was an idiot and thought that they'd make things right.

EDIT:  Also, it was USPS, not UPS.  There is no option when choosing shipping options to purchase insurance--nor should there be.  When I buy from Amazon, I don't have to purchase insurance.
    coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By coffeesash

I also think you should be getting onto UPS rather than Capcom. They should even have a record of who signed for it and where, in case someone has taken delivery of both. If it's nobody you know, or someone has stolen them at point of delivery, you can get your money back and they'll do an investigation.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Insectecutor

You sure had a bad experience shopping online!

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By eirikr

I had a similar experience when I ordered one of the Mega Man 9 press kits. Just thinking about the whole experience makes my blood boil.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By breadfan

Dude that sucks.  I avoid buying things online because of things like this

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilTwin

That sucks a lot man.  That's why I'll always be a little more wary of buying anything online.  I hope it all works out for you.  My advice is to keep on bothering them until you make enough noise and get enough sympathy that they're forced to do something about it. 

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KyleSellers
    @coffeesash said:
    " I also think you should be getting onto UPS rather than Capcom. They should even have a record of who signed for it and where, in case someone has taken delivery of both. If it's nobody you know, or someone has stolen them at point of delivery, you can get your money back and they'll do an investigation. "
    There was no signature required.  I have never had a package stolen before.  And I disagree, Capcom should have to go after USPS--at least that is what USPS tells me.  I am unable to file a claim, only they can.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Capcom, or CRAPCOM?

Hahaha, I'm so funny.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive

Sounds just like the bullshit i went through with Gamefly. 

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NoXious

If a package shows up as delivered shouldn't someone have signed for it, and leave a note as to where/who signed for the package?

So this dude stole your package, and you blame Capcom? Go to UPS demanding the signature date/place etc.? Is CAPCOM even responsible for it once UPS picks up the package and ships it?

EDIT: Just read your last post, no signature required? Setting yourself up right there when it's a 150$ package. Plus now you don't know who stole your package - and now you can say you've had a stolen package ;) First time for everything!

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KyleSellers
    @NoXious: There is no option for requiring a signature when you order through Capcom.  And again, this is USPS not UPS.  Besides my main gripe is A) the refusal to grant a refund and B) the fact that they couldn't just send a replacement--they had to have me purchase a second Tournament Stick and then refund the first order.  Why couldn't they just refund my first order so I could was my hands of the whole company?

EDIT: (apparently there is a limit on comment length--here is Capcom's response after I posted this here and on their forums):
    Dear Kyle Sellers,

We are processing your refund for order: [REDACTED]. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same credit card statement as the original charge.

Sincerely,
    Chad H.
    Capcom Online Store
    Customer Service 
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#20  Edited By Soap

Well, I'm definitly avoiding the capcom store in future.

I feel pretty sorry for you having to go through all of that just to get your damn arcade stick.

The sad bit is, even when you get it, surely it's only ever going to piss you off everytime you look at the damn thing lol.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond

Sounds really horrible.

I too would suggest going after USPS.

Personally I have had HUGE problems with USPS AND UPS.  UPS once delivered a $150 camera to my neighbors, they've delivered things to my neighbors to me.  It's damn lucky that my neighbors are honest.

USPS has delivered tons of mail to my neighbors and vice versa.  Sometimes they don't even bother to get the right part of the city.

All these delivery people are completely criminally incompetent, and I would suggest ratting on them to their superiors every chance you get.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kmdrkul

You should totally go Falling Down on their ass.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KyleSellers
    @kmdrkul said:
    " You should totally go Falling Down on their ass. "
    Haha, don't think those thoughts haven't gone through my mind!  I actually think that I will just return it and be done with it.  While it will probably be a HUGE hassle to do so, at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that the Tournament Stick I bought at Fry's (they have them sitting on the shelf, and have for weeks) won't come from someone who hates their customers.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24  Edited By Cerza

I can't believe you gave them more money either. If it was me, I would have stopped after the first one. After the replacement order, which they said they would ship never shipped, I would have done the charge back, because what they are doing to you is bullshit. That's not customer service it's customer abuse. I wouldn't shop with them for sure and after reading what your experience has been I can tell you I won't order from them directly either.

Beyond that though, the number one problem I see here is that it was shipped through the USPS. If experience in online shopping has taught me anything it's that you NEVER EVER EVER have your order shipped through the USPS. They loose more things than anyone can shake a stick at and have lost more of my orders from various places over the years than I can count. Last summer I ordered some games from a merchant on Amazon and the USPS delivered them to some place in North Carolina. I live in New York!!! Spend the extra money and have your order shipped through Fed Ex, DHL, UPS or someone else in the future. None of those delivery companies have ever let me down. Unlike the USPS, which has failed to deliver nearly every time in my experience.

Also, the person at the USPS is right. It's the merchants job to check with them in regards to the package that was shipped, because they are the shipper. It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KyleSellers
    @Cerza said:
    It's the merchants job to check with them in regards to the package that was shipped, because they are the shipper. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. "
    Okay, thanks for verifying.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dang dog that's rough. 

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By HairyMike87
    @KyleSellers: that sucks man. someone had to have jacked the stick. that's my theory.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JJOR64

Amazon ftw.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KyleSellers

Just an update, but DJay at the Capcom store finally contacted me.  He let me know where everything stands at let me know that my original, now duplicate, order was refunded and my stick shipped.

I appreciated him finally contacting me, and he did seem genuinely confused about where things broke down.  So, while I still won't likely buy from the Capcom store again, DJay is DEFINITELY the guy to contact if you have a problem--but expect it to take a week or so to hear back from him!

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#30  Edited By JackiJinx

Although I haven't had anything epicly as bad as you've had, when I preordred two of the Phoenix Wright games awhile back, both times (a day or so after pre-ordering was available), I got the same message.  

Thank you for ordering on  Capcom Entertainment, Inc.. Unfortunately, the product(s) you've ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on back-order and will be shipped as soon as possible when the stock becomes available. You will receive another e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped.

You know what actually did come on time both times? The preorder keychains.
    dan168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dan168

i ordered a stick and got it shipped by USPS... i can't trust UPS but seriously i got it in 2 weeks and it had to go through customs at the boarder.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32  Edited By natetodamax

Wow, that sucks dude. Worst customer service ever?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EvilTwin

Keep us updated. 

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KyleSellers

I got a call today from Capcom to let me know the status of the reshipment and the refund. I also had a back and forth with DJay who explained that fulfillment takes place through a third party.  So, it is NOT that Capcom hates their customers--they simply don't know when their customers get screwed unless they make enough noise (which I finally did).

Though, at the end of this all, I DID end up having to pay $5 more for the stick (I'm actually surprised they didn't refund this difference or even offer an XBLA code to make up for it), and I DID need to wait a month and a half for the replacement to be shipped and I DID need to devote several hours to getting this resolved, I think it is headed towards resolution.

The fact that they have even begun to acknowledge that I exist makes me feel MUCH better.  I may even go ahead and purchase MvC2 after all--now that my anger towards all things Capcom has settled down a bit.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By c1337us

Wow. That sucks, poor customer service. Hope you get your stick soon.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#36  Edited By AgentJ

I just cant figure out how I've never had problems with online retailers when I hear all of these horror stories about how things go wrong. I have literally never had an issue regarding overpaying, my item not coming, the quality of the item (except for the box when i got GTA IV, and even then it was supposed to be used) or anything like that. 

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By iiNF3RNo

wow

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I had a similar situation with some rebate checks from Circuit City. I had purchased a modem and some other stuff and was to receive a couple of rebate checks in the mail that would basically make everything free. Well I went through the same situation that you did, in that I went back and forth with them on the status of my checks to the point where they stopped returning my e-mails (perhaps in hopes that I would just forget about it?) Anyways, I ended up bitching them out so bad that I finally received my checks. It only took them 6 MONTHS to correctly send me my checks. Man Im so glad that company went out of business

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Pie

Well thats a kick in the bum-bum

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By banzairyusan

HI... I just wanted to say that I ordered from the Capcom Storey on August 6 and I have NOT received my stick yet. It is now August 16, 2009. If I had ordered from a third party.. I would have had my stick by now. I have sent a complaint to the capcom support and will be calling their customer service hotline.

I ordered the stick (again) at another third party and looks like I will be receiving it very soon. The tracking# works unlike Capcom's flimsy tracking.

Since I had communicated with DJay like you suggested, he told me that he had stopped the free usps shipping on all orders due to the problems with tracking and people just complaining about the slowness in general.

I agree.. the store is @##@(#@ slow to ship my order! My trackin was just updated yesterday, August 15, 2009.. but it just said that the "electronic shipping info received." meaning that the usps doesn't have it yet.. i think this is totall bull and I am getting really frustrated!! I hate capcom.. i like their games but I cannot order from them EVER AGAIN!

I have to at least get my stick ARRGH!

Anyways.. I will get my stick from the third party.. i hate money not well spent (capcom store, who charged me and didn't ship it/i didn't receive the item).

Pissed!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cube

Sounds like Capcom has a problem with shipping sticks, huh? Thanks for the heads up.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42  Edited By damnboyadvance

This is why I hate customer support. But I respect you for being a gentlemen in your emails. Hope you get the tournament stick.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Linkyshinks

I won't be buying shit from Capcom's store, I hate this BS with a passion. You should have used Amazon, the sticks are just a touch more expensive but who cares when your spared from enduring this crap.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gargantuan
    @oY30Kirsten said:
    " I opine that there is no reason to create the argumentative essay by your own! In fact, this is easier to purchase the biography term paper at the classification essay service, because that saves time. "
    Why did you resurrect a 6 month old thread?
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By OllyOxenFree

lol so random xD

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By luce
    @Gargantuan said:
    " @oY30Kirsten said:
    " I opine that there is no reason to create the argumentative essay by your own! In fact, this is easier to purchase the biography term paper at the classification essay service, because that saves time. "
    Why did you resurrect a 6 month old thread? "

No Caption Provided
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Capum15

So did he get his stick or what?

JDvasquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JDvasquez
    @KyleSellers:   Man, I wish I had found this before I ordered Marvel vs Capcom 3 from the Capcom Store.  Just about everyone is having this same exact problem.  I can't believe Capcom has yet to improve since your incident happened and that was over a year ago!

Here's a taste of what's going on in the Capcom-Unity forums.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/26598709/Buying_MvC3_A_guide_to_purchasing_the_game.?pg=62
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By ch3burashka

I imagine this was a fringe accident. However, that's a really shitty fringe accident.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By weltal
    @JDvasquez: Damn a year and a half later and this shit is still going on? What's up at Capcom Store?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.