Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Well Guess What? !"#€%!#"!%"... All This Nagging... (ER Related)

• 172 results
    DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By DeadPan

@SoldierG654342 said:

@DeadPan said:

Give me one concrete reason why you dislike him? Other then him being the new guy

His laugh and how awesome he thinks "trolling" is?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with him, but I can see how some might find those two characteristics less than appealing, though one is certainly a more salient point of contention than the other.

They are not concrete. One could think that Jeffs is irritating, or Ryans. Patrick is a great foil for the other guys.

Not saying you have an issue with him, but some people on the site really seem to hate him for doing his job.

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Sinkwater

This ER has been great so far. The stupid stuff they do doesn't make me mad, it makes me laugh. That's why I'm coming to the ER in the first place.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By mutha3

This thread is still going? Wow.

@Winternet said:

I think you guys are overthinking this too much. I think that Chrono Trigger is, in my opinion, a bad fit for an ER. It's old, well known, it's kinda boring to watch and it doesn't give much material to work with, entertainment wise.

Yep.That's pretty much all there is to it. I wish the guys luck, but I'm done watching it. I hope the next ER has a better game pick.

@DeadPan

said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

@DeadPan said:

Give me one concrete reason why you dislike him? Other then him being the new guy

His laugh and how awesome he thinks "trolling" is?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with him, but I can see how some might find those two characteristics less than appealing, though one is certainly a more salient point of contention than the other.

They are not concrete. One could think that Jeffs is irritating, or Ryans.

I like Patrick just fine, but you're making me wonder if you're autistic. How is what he said not a concrete reason for disliking the guy? And 

One could think that Jeffs is irritating, or Ryans. 

Yeah, they could.

So what? Just like how you think Patrick is a great foil for the others.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#154  Edited By Catolf
    @GunslingerPanda said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@GunslingerPanda: Than don't read it -.- And as I said, I never heard about LP before, so I didn't know what the fuck it is.

Then how are you qualified to say what is and isn't an LP? Please, stop raping me.

Seriously dude. PLEASE. PLEASE. bend over so I can show you rape. (rape threat! <3)

@Video_Game_King

said:

@AlexanderSheen:

I don't exactly understand your argument, but I'll post some more rules:

• Be good at the game (felt the need to repeat that).
    • Make significant progress in each update.
    • Capture your material well.
    • Have something informative or interesting to say.
    • Demonstrate great knowledge of the game you're LPing.
    • Make sure that the game you're LPing would make for a good LP in the first place.

I should say that there really isn't any book of rules on LPing, but a lot of this can be inferred from good LPs or retsupurae videos. I should also say that not all of these are relevant to a discussion of the Endurance Run, but since you kinda asked, I think...

And to you VGK stop your damn trolling and go watch the other ER's cause these rules DON'T APPLY... get it now? This is called an endurance run.. people playing.. no.. ENDURING a game with various experience of it and trying to finish it or at least keep going until they can go no more. With the exception of Patrick but he finished it when he was fucking 11..I can't remember shit from games when I was 11, let alone the critical path on how to beat them in a timely fashion.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Catolf said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@GunslingerPanda: Than don't read it -.- And as I said, I never heard about LP before, so I didn't know what the fuck it is.

Then how are you qualified to say what is and isn't an LP? Please, stop raping me.

Seriously dude. PLEASE. PLEASE. bend over so I can show you rape. (rape threat! <3)

Threatening to rape me? Why, I might just have to cut your throat open and stick my dick in the hole.

Can this thread be shut down now? It's a piece of shit.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#156  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm loving it. Fuck the haters. I think it's almost as good as the P4 Endurance Run so far. The first five episodes of P4 are SLOOOOOOW, even if they're way shorter.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157  Edited By MisterMouse

I like endurance runs... just saying.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Catolf
    @GunslingerPanda: ah, you see mine was a loving gesture, you sir are just a disturbing little person. The thread is only a pile of crap (look edited that for ya) because of how you were acting, and reacted. *pats shoulder*
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159  Edited By MysteriousBob

Hahahaha, you kids fighting.

I personally don't like it, because I find JRPGs to be incredibly boring. But hey, I just choose not to watch it. Still a wasted opportunity to make a series of videos on a more interesting game, but whatever.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#160  Edited By TheHumanDove

I can nag as I see fit. Deal with it

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Catolf: Rape is a loving gesture? You're beginning to sound like my father :'(

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Catolf
    @GunslingerPanda said:

@Catolf: Rape is a loving gesture? You're beginning to sound like my father :'(

Yeah.... not dark at all.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Akrid
    @Fruitcocoa said:

@SniperXan said:

With that said, the days Kessler enters the Bombcast... man! (Nothing against Kessler at all, love that guy in quicklooks and in other videos, but bombcast, no please).

Hypocrisy.
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By Grillbar

@gladspooky said:

@Cloudenvy said:

and has no real quirks.

Yeah, it's got steampunk robots shooting laser disco magic and weird pseudo-druidic Japanese anime proto-past with stuffed animals hiding doors to places where colossal snails are destroying the far-flung future leaving just a London street corner with a forgetful man standing guard over a lamppost. You know, normal, everyday shit.

i love you

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Blah blah blah blah Endurance Run yadda yadda blah yadda Brono hrrnnghghhggghhhhhhhhPatrickffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrape.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Brunchies

I agree, if you dont like it, ignore it and stop bitching about getting something for free. For the paying subscribers though, I think they have a little more leverage on the situation.

Wipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#167  Edited By Wipeout

They better name Robo "Brobo"

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Fruitcocoa

We should all change our names, you could be Bipeout, and I could be Bruitcocoa! Giant Bomb B-day! :D

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SniperXan

@Akrid: You actually just made my point. It is okay to have an opinion, and even to express that opinion (As I did there) it's quite another to be a bitchy little whine ass. I was ragging on Kessler there yes, but I'm not going to go up in arms if they use him more, I actually liked the Fear Gauntlet and the Farmville stuff but hey, whatever.

I'VE BEEN CAUGHT RED HANDED OH MY YOU ARE AMAZING INTERNET MAN!

>_>

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SniperXan

@Brunchies: No we do not. Just like season ticket holders do not have a say in what *sports team (A)* does we do not have any right at all to expect that our will be done.

Entitled Asshats.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Jeff has already said that if Ryan and Patrick didn't want to play Chrono Trigger, then there simply wouldn't be an ER happening right now or in the foreseeable future. So I guess you guys going on about these stupid, fake 'rules' would just prefer less daily content?

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By gin_orphan

I usually don't venture on to the forums, but I am a huge fan of the site's video content and the Bombcasts, and actually first fell in love with GB when a friend recommended the first ER to me. Ryan and Patrick are both smart, funny guys, who are doubtlessly pretty good at video games. All that being said, I think that it is silly to ignore or gloss over the problems with this Endurance Run compared to those past. Fact is, more of us have played this game than P4 or certainly Deadly Premonition. We all know the order of operations to follow up until "The Fated Hour". These guys don't. This puts us as viewers in the uncomfortable place of having to watch our intrepid heroes make both unavoidable rookie mistakes, as well as a heaping spoonful of completely avoidable ones.

Bottom line: When Ryan and/or Patrick start reading the words on their TV screen, they will probably turn it around and give us a really good ER. And we should all keep watching it and rooting for them to right the ship, because if all this negativity keeps up, no one will want to do another ER, and who could blame them? Plus, it will be a fun narrative arc to see these two go from bumbling JRPG ingenues to seasoned pros in the end.

And I really hope they don't kill Magus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.