Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space to be on 2 disks on 360

• 124 results
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So a rumor is going around that Dead space 2 will require 2 disks on the 360. Im sure someone has the 360 version early so anyone wanna say something about this? Or is this just a rumor? 

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Does it matter?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz
    @iAmJohn: Yes.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Yes, because A: It means that it will be a big long game and B: its a pain in the ass keeping 12 GB of install space on a 60GB Hard Drive, so most people will have a big 5-10 minutes gap in the middle of their game as they install the second disk.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bicycleham

Oh hey, a PC version. Alright, I'm out.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By gamb1t

what does this have to do with anything? will this change anything? does it matter?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Looks like it, according to various torrent files. Cool.

The sooner devs think outside of DVD capacity limitations, the less the PC and PS3 versions might be compromised since they aren't limited by the same 9gb.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By august
    @gamb1t said:
    " what does this have to do with anything? will this change anything? does it matter? "
    It will be a super big deal among stupid people.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Yes, because A: It means that it will be a big long game and B: its a pain in the ass keeping 12 GB of install space on a 60GB Hard Drive, so most people will have a big 5-10 minutes gap in the middle of their game as they install the second disk. "
    5 mins? it takes 10 seconds to switch a disk.  

And if this rumor is true maybe the second disk can be installed and the first played straight out. Or maybe first disk is single player and second multi.  

As for space I have a new slim so I gots lots of space
    Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Warihay

Yes it does. Moving on.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enigma777

Gotta love them blurays! 

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gamb1t
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Yes, because A: It means that it will be a big long game and B: its a pain in the ass keeping 12 GB of install space on a 60GB Hard Drive, so most people will have a big 5-10 minutes gap in the middle of their game as they install the second disk. "
    Buy a ps3 and quit your bitchen. Thread move along.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Slaker117

It seems like something EA would have mentioned. I guess it doesn't really matter but still. Seems like it would have come up earlier.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nintendoeats
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Right...unless you have to delete the first disk and install the second. I'm not saying this is a big deal, but just something to keep in mind.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Three0neFive
    @GhostlyKiller said:

"   

Yes it does. Moving on. "
    why the goddamn does that video need to exist?

i hate my species.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By kingzetta
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Gotta love them blurays!  "

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nintendoeats
    @gamb1t said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Buy a ps3 and quit your bitchen. Thread move along. "
    Yes, clearly spending 350 dollars on a new console is the solution to this problem...

And I already own a PS3. This guy asked a question and I answered it. that is all.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Slaker117 said:
    " It seems like something EA would have mentioned. I guess it doesn't really matter but still. Seems like it would have come up earlier. "
    That is more of what I meant in the thread. They kept this a secret quite long. 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox
    Secret? I think it's more like they didn't think it was worth making any sort of deal out of.
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ColinWright

What matters more is if it is in one of those shitty eco-boxes. 

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

With games getting bigger and bigger I wonder if Mircosoft will go Blu-Ray in their console?

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Slaker117
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Can't imagine why they would try to hide it. Would having two discs turn anyone off? If anything I would have thought they would try to sell the game up because of it. "Our games is so huge and awesome we couldn't put it all on one disc!"

Whatever. Maybe MS told them not to mention it cause they think it makes DVD look bad next to Blu-Ray.

@MrKlorox

said:

" Secret? I think it's more like they didn't think it was worth making any sort of deal out of. "

It's just weird that it never came up. I thought they were pretty upfront about ME2 being on two discs. I don't actually remember, but I knew I wasn't surprised when it happened. It would feel odd, opening the box without a clue that there was a second disc. Meaningless, yeah, but still.
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By defaulttag
    @Xolare said:
    " Oh hey, a PC version. Alright, I'm out. "
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamjohn
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Right...unless you have to delete the first disk and install the second. I'm not saying this is a big deal, but just something to keep in mind. "
    If you're a whiner. 

I swear to God, what kind of fucking self-entitlement complex have we as gamers found ourselves in where having to switch discs one time ever is considered something that matters?  Sure, you've already qualified that it's not a big deal to you, but at the end of the day, are you really going to remember that time you went and made a sandwich or took a piss or checked out the internet for a couple minutes because you had to switch discs in Dead Space 2 and decided to install the other disc?  It's fucking ridiculous.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy

I'm down with multiple discs. Means a longer game :) If you're worried about having a gap in between playing, then install them both at the same time. Clearly that is what any smart person who installs games would do.  

If you're not worried about installing, take 5 seconds to get off your fat lazy ass (which is what you are if something as trivial as switching a disc is problematic) when prompted.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gamb1t
    @iAmJohn said:

" @nintendoeats said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "d
    Right...unless you have to delete the first disk and install the second. I'm not saying this is a big deal, but just something to keep in mind. "
    If you're a whiner.  I swear to God, what kind of fucking self-entitlement complex have we as gamers found ourselves in where having to switch discs one time ever is considered something that matters?  Sure, you've already qualified that it's not a big deal to you, but at the end of the day, are you really going to remember that time you went and made a sandwich or took a piss or checked out the internet for a couple minutes because you had to switch discs in Dead Space 2 and decided to install the other disc?  It's fucking ridiculous. "
    come on these nerd hurds got precious time to not be wasted. yet there nerd asses have spare time to go online to a forum and bitch about 2 discs.......see where im getting here?!
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By zyn
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Gotta love them blurays!  "
    I do.  So very much.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By toowalrus

Sooo don't care.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iamjohn
    @gamb1t: I do see what you did there, sir.  And I approve.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nintendoeats
    @iAmJohn: Don't blow this out of proportion kid. I was just acknowledging this as a fact. But since you asked, yes you WILL remember that time that you to wait for the install if the game is good. People quite pointedly remember the install times on MGSIV, because they just wanted to get back to the fucking game. If DS 2 is as atmospheric as it is made out to be, having a  big dump back to the dashboard will kind of suck.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn: Don't blow this out of proportion kid. I was just acknowledging this as a fact. But since you asked, yes you WILL remember that time that you to wait for the install if the game is good. People quite pointedly remember the install times on MGSIV, because they just wanted to get back to the fucking game. If DS 2 is as atmospheric as it is made out to be, having a  big dump back to the dashboard will kind of suck. "
    So far people reviewing it are not mentioning it at all.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By falserelic

I love my ps3 no disk swapping for me son. 

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Malakhii
    @Three0neFive said: 
    why the goddamn does that video need to exist?   i hate my species. "
    An unboxing video makes you hate Humanity? That was easy I guess. 
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nintendoeats
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn: Don't blow this out of proportion kid. I was just acknowledging this as a fact. But since you asked, yes you WILL remember that time that you to wait for the install if the game is good. People quite pointedly remember the install times on MGSIV, because they just wanted to get back to the fucking game. If DS 2 is as atmospheric as it is made out to be, having a  big dump back to the dashboard will kind of suck. "
    So far people reviewing it are not mentioning it at all. "
    Well, people reviewing it professionally probably have nice big drives to install on...but that's speculation.

The more important issue here is that I retain my right to point things out and analyze them without being expected to have strong opinions about them. "If you like one disc games so much, why don't you marry one?"

Bloody children.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iamjohn
    @nintendoeats said:
    And will most likely only matter to the super insane contingent who was going to play through the game in one sitting anyway.  Not to mention that it pre-assumes that there's no way to put the act break at a logical stopping point that would both serve as a good time to be able to step away from the game for a time while making you want to see what happens next. 

Also, MGS4 is not the best of examples to bring up since MGS4's installs were fucking insane and the complete antithesis of how it is normally done.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dany

I had to switch discs twice for Mass Effect 2, was I complaining needlessly on an insignificant issue; not even an issue, just a bullet point, two discs = you are gonna have to switch them, not a big deal.

if you are talking atmosphere, ME2 didn't dump you back to the dashboard, it stayed in that menu prompted and started to load the second disk. If you are installing the game and complaining about atmosphere, its optional, you don't have to install them. Games now a days don't gain anything anymore from load times of installs.

@wasteguru said:

" With games getting bigger and bigger I wonder if Mircosoft will go Blu-Ray in their console? "

They will just go to their own privately propriety format if anything but I do really hope they did switch to blu-ray
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slaker117
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    So far people reviewing it are not mentioning it at all. "
    I would imagine they would find a way to fit it in at an appropriate spot. Well, I hope so at least. They did a great job keeping the player in the game world through very deliberate means last game. I think they understand the importance of that and probably worked around it.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Edin899
    @nintendoeats said:

" @iAmJohn said:

" Does it matter? "
    Really? Who gives a fuck. 
    So you play a game from start to finish without any breaks? No breaks at all? 
    Is 5 to 10 minutes going to ruin the expierence? 
    Do you lock yourself up in your room, put on your selfmade engineering suit and cover the walls with blood and play the game for 15 hours untill your done with it?  
    Really people like you just complain because you can. 
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gamb1t

jesus guys dont break a nail switchen those discs

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RobotHamster

Lucky for me, I got the ps3 version hurraaaayyyy!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pweidman

Devs didn't wanna compress it, and the game reportedly has 59 minutes of in-engine cuts.  The disk exchange request is between chapters.  The game area of the Sprawl is huge with little to no backtracking apparently.  Would'a been cheaper to pub on one disk, so this is really a good thing imo, not a problem.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iamjohn
    @Dany said:
    " They will just go to their own privately propriety format if anything but I do really hope they did switch to blu-ray "
    Why would they invest in creating something brand new just for their own games?  That's completely not Microsoft's style in the least.  The only reason the next Xbox wouldn't have a Bluray drive is because they're going all-digital.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dany
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Dany said:
    " They will just go to their own privately propriety format if anything but I do really hope they did switch to blu-ray "
    Why would they invest in creating something brand new just for their own games?  That's completely not Microsoft's style in the least.  The only reason the next Xbox wouldn't have a Bluray drive is because they're going all-digital. "
    it is not going to happen next generation, it will be optional. They are not going to cut their revenues from stores like that. I can see day and date digital and store release. Or pre order gets you the game early on digital but i expect stores will still get games.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nintendoeats

I suppose that at this point I'm going to have to blow everyone's mind and point out that I have little-to-no interest in Dead Space 2, and would probably still get the 360 version if I was going to.

Again, bloody children. I'm going to bed.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Spoonman671

Why did everybody get all butt-hurt over this thread?

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By ShaolinSpade

There's a lot of weird grumpy-ness going on in this thread.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Afroman269

Didn't think the game was that big, maybe just the multiplayer stuff I guess. A second disc isn't going to stop me from leaving the 360 version. Wow there are a lot lazy ass people up in this thread.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Edin899
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " Why did everybody get all butt-hurt over this thread? "
    Nobody got butt hurt expect for the topic creator, just a dumbass
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spoonman671 said:
    My main point was to say " How did EA not mention this earlier?" So much anger right now. Might ask for this to just be closed. 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Dany said:

" @iAmJohn said:

" @Dany said:

Why would they invest in creating something brand new just for their own games?  That's completely not Microsoft's style in the least.  The only reason the next Xbox wouldn't have a Bluray drive is because they're going all-digital. "
    it is not going to happen next generation, it will be optional. They are not going to cut their revenues from stores like that. I can see day and date digital and store release. Or pre order gets you the game early on digital but i expect stores will still get games. "
    I could totally see MS going Blu-Ray next gen. Yes all-digital distribution is the future, but that's more than one generation away for a full switch. Otherwise games will be 3 and 4 DVDs large, require installation, and come with a single-use key like PC games. And I don't see that happening on console.

@Edin8999 said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    Nobody got butt hurt expect for the topic creator, just a dumbass "
    Uhh... you need to re-read the thread if that's the conclusion you got to. Irony.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.