Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space to be on 2 disks on 360

• 124 results
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By big_jon

I hope it's nat all fucking stupid like Masseffect 2 was.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#102  Edited By big_jon
    @Edin8999 said:
    "@nintendoeats said:

" @iAmJohn said:

" Does it matter? "
    Yes, because A: It means that it will be a big long game and B: its a pain in the ass keeping 12 GB of install space on a 60GB Hard Drive, so most people will have a big 5-10 minutes gap in the middle of their game as they install the second disk. "
    Really? Who gives a fuck. So you play a game from start to finish without any breaks? No breaks at all? Is 5 to 10 minutes going to ruin the expierence? Do you lock yourself up in your room, put on your selfmade engineering suit and cover the walls with blood and play the game for 15 hours untill your done with it?  Really people like you just complain because you can.  "

Dude it's a fucking prefence, get over it. I wanted to know too just so I could be ready to install of not and know if I was going to have to switch disks like with Mass Effect 2 even though it's installed, which is anoying.  

By the way, you bitching about him complaining is a bit ironic now isn't it?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope this game is damn long.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By ravensword

Wonder if they let you install the second to stream off the first? Also, yes this is important for people deciding between the two versions because people like meI would perfer to go one disc over 2 if I have the choice.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ravensword
    @xyzygy:

umm, ME 2 looks perfectly fine on both consoles. Read the comparisons and they say they look about the same, just lighting is different.
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Well fanboys shitted up this thread.=\

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TwoOneFive

lolololol fail

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By zityz
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    Yes, because A: It means that it will be a big long game and B: its a pain in the ass keeping 12 GB of install space on a 60GB Hard Drive, so most people will have a big 5-10 minutes gap in the middle of their game as they install the second disk. "
    5 mins? it takes 10 seconds to switch a disk.   And if this rumor is true maybe the second disk can be installed and the first played straight out. Or maybe first disk is single player and second multi.   As for space I have a new slim so I gots lots of space "
    sorry wait.....10mins to change a disk? is your 360 a block away? do you keep your games in a high security vault that requires complex puzzles in order to open it? 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MrKlorox
    @xyzygy:  We were only talking about capacity. Not "specifically designed for blu-ray" techniques such as multi-layer clustering, etc...

@Mordukai: I think Carmack was only annoyed because he had to split the large single open world in two. But oh well. It sure beats having a smaller game. I'm all for games saying "fuck you" to the limitations of a single DVD9. 

But I agree with the disc swapping issue. PC games back in the day often had "install" discs and "play" discs. As long as they required you to have the play disc in the drive, and the install disc installed, it should totally work. Isn't that how Forza 3 worked? I realize the other disc was optinal content, though. Is that what it takes for MS to okay it? 

What about games having a "short" campaign that would fit on the primary disc, and loads of "DLC-like" integrated stuff on the optional install disc? I would be cool with that.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Milkman

Why? I really doubt it's that long.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ravensword
    @Milkman:

I could be that the graphics are so amazing that it couldnt fit on one discs. lol.
    cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By cannedstingray

I don't mind switching disks too much, I've got a 250 gig xbox, a 160 gig ps3, I preordered  a collectors pack on the 360, I like the 360 controller better, and there is the achievements, which I try to not care about,but I do.. 

I'm not sure why people complain about more content for their $60, thats more bang for yer buck duders

Cant wait to get that kick ass looking plasma cutter that comes with collectors ed..

God I spend my money on stupid shit!!!!  I love it..

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#113  Edited By Slaker117
    @bluecollaralaskan:  I got the collectors edition because I like stupid stuff as well, but it turns out the plasma cutter is really small. Not something to get too upset about, and kind of dumb on my part for just amusing it would be full size for only $20 extra, but yeah. Disappointed with it and myself.
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By matti00
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Does it matter? "
    My 20gb hard drive is crying for you, seriously.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#115  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, one more reason for me to get the PS3 version. 

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#116  Edited By Kyle

i actually like when console games have multiple discs. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish a disc. It goes back to the days of multi-disc RPGs on the PS1.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By amir90

What is really weird though, is that the ps3 version is smaller in total size :p

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#118  Edited By Andheez

Anyone know if there is any benefit from playing it on the system Dead Space 1 was played on?  If not I might make the switch to PS3 or PC.

barkertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By barkertron

I remember when Ultima 6 for my PC (a  lightning fast 286) came on seven 5.25" floppy disks. Swapping disks was a PRIVILEGE and meant the game was probably AWESOME. That game would shit all over your PS3s and 360s with its incredible array of 256 colours - yes, two hundred and fifty six colours, all of them different - so this fanboy nonsense can go to hell, you're all wrong.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By amir90
    @Andheez: I am not sure this applies for the pc version, but, if you import your dead space 1 save to your dead space 2, you will get the skin of the plasma cutter (the first weapon you get), but it still will have no upgrades.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#121  Edited By ProfessorEss

It's threads like these that make me glad that things like the Spike VGAs depict us as a bunch of gun and titty loving fratboys

...the reality is so much more shameful and embarrassing :P

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

How many discs is it on the Wii?

Hello?

Anybody?

At first, I was in awe this thread made it to 7 pages, but in hindsight, I'm kind of surprised it's only 7 pages.

lilmandan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By lilmandan

you guys do realise in the time it took you to cry about the fact that dead space 2 is on 2 disks a,nd bitch about how physically straining it is to swap the disks, you probably could of completed the game swapping the disks a grand total of... Once. now is there any real problem that need to be spoken about like how the English government is getting arse raped by the new PM.    

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilmandan said:
    " you guys do realise in the time it took you to cry about the fact that dead space 2 is on 2 disks a,nd bitch about how physically straining it is to swap the disks, you probably could of completed the game swapping the disks a grand total of... Once. now is there any real problem that need to be spoken about like how the English government is getting arse raped by the new PM.     "
    This is way pass over looked. And only one person was bitching about it. I was just stating I was surprised this news way never released before. Plus it also gives 360 owners a free save spot during hard core runs. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.