Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Dead Space Wii

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Lies
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Discorsi

Oh Lies... too slow...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

2nd topic in 5 minutes. This is really a big deal isn't?

Why isn't porting to the Wii a good idea?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Get OUT!

DUDES, IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN! CHOP 'TILL YOU DROP!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

lol @ the pic they use.

While the awesome graphics of the PC and 360 game are not replicable on Wii. everything else is. Awesome sound design included.

They will have to tune the NPC AI to suit the Wii controls, if they do that well it could be a very good game for Wii. If the required effort goes into the game. Wii Remote controls with a touch of lag could work very well indeed. Sensitivity has to be locked no question about it.
    The Wii can handle physics very well also, you only have to look at other games on Wii to see how good heavy physics based games can work with good programing.

Peoples comparisons with Dead Rising: CTD have no validity. This game is not dependent on such high NPC numbers or textures. The game runs a low speed engine that could actually be pushed on Wii, but it would require multiple data loads during play.

Your are going to lose a lot of the appeal of the original when it will have reduced graphics, some of the cool ligting effects and shadows will be lost, but the hope is you could gain a lot more if the controls are implemented well, and AI is tweaked for them. If they are going for straight off port with no such tweaking it could be bad.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Marzy

I haven't really seen much on Dead Space before, but it sounds like a really good game from what I've heard.

Instead of trying to produce visuals that try to compete with the 360 and PS3 versions, in my opinion, I think they should make it look more stylized, like Dead Space Downfall.

Dead Space: Downfall
    Dead Space: Downfall

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By c1337us
    Marzy said:
    "I haven't really seen much on Dead Space before, but it sounds like a really good game from what I've heard.

Instead of trying to produce visuals that try to compete with the 360 and PS3 versions, in my opinion, I think they should make it look more stylized, like Dead Space Downfall."
    If they did this I would almost buy it again.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Honestly, I might get this.

I have a X360
    but I was never really interested in Dead Space - No, I know, it's supposed to be really good, and I played the demo, and usually I like survival horror, but somehow it never really got to me. But a Wii version, done right, with proper controls? Somehow, the thought makes the game more attractive.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Meowayne said:
    "Honestly, I might get this.

I have a X360
    but I was never really interested in Dead Space - No, I know, it's supposed to be really good, and I played the demo, and usually I like survival horror, but somehow it never really got to me. But a Wii version, done right, with proper controls? Somehow, the thought makes the game more attractive.

"

Your not the only one, I know a few that played the demo and did not think much of it. You have to play a fair bit of the game to really see the appeal. Ultimately, the demo did not do a good job of enticing people and showing them what a great game it was.

Never seen Dead Space Downfall but I do recall Kush posting about it a while ago. I would like to see it, free via stream. If anyone could PM me a link I would appreciate it.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By atejas

It probably won't be scary, but then again, neither was Dead Space, after a while.
    And considering how well Resi 4 supposedly worked on Wii, this might actually be a good idea and not a CTYD, which is going to suck regardless.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael

Great news for all Wii-only owners(as long as it's a good port and not Dead Space: Chop Till You Drop), but I think I'm gonna give it a pass. The 360 version pretty much nailed the controls, unlike RE5. Now THAT is a game I'd buy on Wii, even if I already owned the 360 version.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne
    Icemael said:
    unlike RE5. Now THAT is a game I'd buy on Wii
    Without hesitation.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By zitosilva

I think this is very good news for the Wii. And the controls will probably feel very good.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By destro

I dont understand why the graphics half to be so...not bad..but under-par with the other two consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.