Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Support Deadly Premonition release on PS3

CharlesSurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CharlesSurge

Hello, 
    The short story is that SONY needs to see support for this game to get a PS3/PSN release. Here are some ways to do that, I guess. 

1) Buy the Xbox 360 version.  
    2) Up vote the PS.Blog Share listing 
          share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/04/14/deadly-premonition-for-ps3/     
    3) Post in Sony's forums:  
          boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Survival-Horror-Genre/Deadly-Premonition-Why-is-it-not-on-PS3-yet/td-p/45413293 
    4) Generally bug Sony. Email 'em or similar.  
    5) Tell your friends! (and twitter/facebook etc) 

Game Informer asks Shane Bettenhausen of Ignition Entertainment why Deadly Premonition still isn't on the PS3:  
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcbUoON7CM   

If you've got hate for DP: great. I don't want to read it or debate anything with you here.  
    If others have links to share, I can add them to this list or whatever. 

Otherwise, the Asian/Japanese PS3 versions only support English voice-over, which I have personally confirmed many times over. The original Siliconera.com story that you could import DP in English was only sourcing the fact that the PlayStation Asia had "English" listed.  asia.playstation.com/hk/en/game/gameDetail/124800  Before the community knew how much was English or not I actually asked PlayStation Asia what the extent of English support was, they basically said "Oops, sorry!" and now they list only Japanese language support. 

Bonus Fun: 
    Follow game creator SWERY at  twitter.com/swery65 . Give the man some love. I remember when he only had 29 followers.  What a swell guy!
    Also:  www.facebook.com/deadlyprem,  twitter.com/agent_york,  twitter.com/ignitionusa,  twitter.com/ShaneWatch , forums.ignitionusa.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

No. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this shite game so seriously. The joke is funny but you're taking it too far.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I would rather Sony to allow people to show their trophies on sites like GB.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Jazz

You've got my support. 

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jos4
    @CharlesSurge:  You have my support, I'll post there as soon as possible! The PS3 deserves a Deadly Premonition too!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    @MysteriousBob: Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. Not every game has to be the best ever.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By spaceturtle
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " I would rather Sony to allow people to show their trophies on sites like GB. "
    AGREED!
    Gspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gspoon

I can't figure out why you would want to play this game. You could just watch the entire endurance run and save some cash for a good game. Why would you buy the Xbox version if you wanted to get it on the PS3. 

Any who good luck with your thing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @MysteriousBob said:
    "No. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this shite game so seriously. The joke is funny but you're taking it too far. "

Because not everyone shares your opinion? And there are plenty of people who wishs to play it, me included.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Abyssfull said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

"No. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this shite game so seriously. The joke is funny but you're taking it too far. "

Because not everyone shares your opinion? And there are plenty of people who wishs to play it, me included. "
    Just stop it already. The reason its chosen for the Endurance Run is because its the worst game on the system. I know this and you know this.

Save your money and apparent time and effort for a decent game. 

I'm up for a running joke as much as anyone. Hell, you do even know what my avatar is from? But putting your time and effort into maintaining this joke is just kinda sad.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By luce

No thanks

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By swamplord666

Game doesn't look that great tbh... The only reason I would buy it is for lulz at the dialog and overall goofiness. As a game it looks terrible. 
    And Sony probably won't since the game reviewed pretty poorly and I'm pretty sure they're not avid fans of Giant Bombs' endurance run 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @MysteriousBob said:
    "@Abyssfull said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

Because not everyone shares your opinion? And there are plenty of people who wishs to play it, me included. "
    Just stop it already. The reason its chosen for the Endurance Run is because its the worst game on the system. I know this and you know this. Save your money and apparent time and effort for a decent game.  I'm up for a running joke as much as anyone. Hell, you do even know what my avatar is from? But putting your time and effort into maintaining this joke is just kinda sad. "

Your arrogance is whats sad. Stop what exactly? I should put a leech on what games I'm allowed to be interested in? 

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jos4
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @Abyssfull said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

Just stop it already. The reason its chosen for the Endurance Run is because its the worst game on the system. I know this and you know this. Save your money and apparent time and effort for a decent game.  I'm up for a running joke as much as anyone. Hell, you do even know what my avatar is from? But putting your time and effort into maintaining this joke is just kinda sad. "
    There's no way DP could be the worst game on the system. I played Lost: The Videogame, and it sucked big time, it's not even fun to watch someone play it, unlike DP. Looking at that crap makes you bored in a minute.
    Also, RE5 seemed damn bad to me, speaking in terms of gameplay, and storywise. It was one of the worst experiences I've had in my 360 so far, even though I played in coop mode, which is suposed to be funnier... Graphics were incredible, and that was about it.
    obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By obcdexter

I've never even heard about DP (the game!) prior to the endurance run.
    Watching the guys play it day after day got me really excited about giving it a try, though. Sure, it looks bad and cheesy, but
    it has this awesome level of self-awareness and Agent York will soon win the GameFaqs Character battles by a large margin, I bet. :D
    Since I do not own an XBOX and don't plan on buying one, I'd be psyched about a PS3 release. Price shouldn't be too high, of course.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By xyzygy

Do you realize how niche this title is? There is no way in hell this title will ever come to the PS3. This game has such a small following and it really wouldn't be worth it for the developers.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CABBAGES

I Want to play it but its not out here on anything ! 
    I would rather put the effort into getting it released on the xbox 360  here in the UK. 
    But i suppose if it were to be released on ps3 i coudl just import it hmmm. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MysteriousBob seems like the type of person that if they don't like something, it sucks and if someone else likes it, they're wrong. Ah, the world.

*goes back to playing DP*

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ashogo

There was some response from an admin on the ignition website...
    Mad Max said:

" We intended to release the PS3 version alongside the 360 version but that was changed due to reasons I can't talk about. Though with the 360 version going over so well maaaayyybe that will be rectified. No promises though. "

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By KingBroly

Sounds to me like they should just release it on PSN for $20.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By animateria

I'm sure there's an equally 'special' horror game on the PS3, if not the PS2.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Seroth

The game isn't that bad. It's better than something like Rogue Warrior. And that game was full-price.

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jos4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcbUoON7CM

As you can see, Ignition is actually interested in releasing the game on the PS3, so you better spread the word. The cult following for this game may bring the game to the PS3. :-)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#24  Edited By LordAndrew
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " Just stop it already. The reason its chosen for the Endurance Run is because its the worst game on the system. "
    Worst game on the system? Definitely not. Not even close.
    generalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By generalen

The endurance run has actually made me want this game. Unfortunately, my Xbox is not working currently, so I would love a PS3 version. 

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ramyun

Man I was just looking at the online stores to see if I could grab a copy, since right now listening to that awesome music is really giving me Deadly Premonition cravings. Also, it IS terrible in gameplay and graphics, BUT it does have the most personality and charm out of any other game I've seen and weirdly the bad graphics and gameplay seem to compliment that.

D_O_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By D_O_A

Deadly Premonition is already on PS3.  It's just called  Red Seeds Profile instead.  It released in Japan, and has the english voiceovers included.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By OllyOxenFree

" Speed is not important. Timing is what is important. Timing. So says Mr. Stewart. OK?"

I love this fucker.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#29  Edited By Soap

I'd only even consider buying this if it came out on PSN at like, £15.
    Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Mcfart

the game has its moments, but once the ER hits another zombie zone, then everyone will return to the "DP sucks" posts. The game play is awful. The navigation/traveling is terrible.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'm in support of this... as long as it means it's coming out in PAL territories.

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jos4
    @creamypies said:
    " I'm in support of this... as long as it means it's coming out in PAL territories. "
    If the game gets released in the USA, you can import it, since the PS3 is region-free so don't worry about it! :-)
    Anyways, you can also support a PAL release for the game by posting in Rising Star Boards.
    Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bluethunder35

I'd import this game for my PS3 if somebody could give me a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to ship it to Canada. Apparently DP is one of those rare "niche" games that doesn't see the light of day in this country.

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By toast_burner
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " No. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this shite game so seriously. The joke is funny but you're taking it too far. "
    The game is actually very good. its not a joke
    harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By harrypmgaga

I am 100% in favour of this. Heck I actually put the office's NTSC Xbox 360 to use for the first time in a year just to play this title I imported from the US. And I would buy it again for the PS3.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By BunkerBuster

The PS3 is finally getting its kudos with all the great games coming out for it and you want it to be assosicated with Deadly Premonition? Sony would be absolutely insane if it tried to push them for a release. If  anything Sony should pay them never to release it on the PS3.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ryax

no. im with mysteriousbob on this one. if it werent for giant bomb doing the ER, you would all spit on this game.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By TheMasterDS

I don't care about this game outside of watching it, because it's been established that actually playing the game is painful. That said, if there is a PS3 version, do we demand quick look from 2 more staff members? Dave and Drew Quick Look perhaps?

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EmuLeader

It may be a cheap game with bad graphics, but really has a classic survival horror feel to it.  The story is very original and if you can get past the controls and graphics,  it seems be very good.  I think if it would have been released as an early ps2 game, it would have sold very well.  I still enjoy older games whether they are still considered "good" by todays standards or not.  Besides, its ONLY 20 DOLLARS.  People need to quit bitching that the game isn't of the "quality" that a full-priced, big budget, and large studio release might be.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Lol, really?

crescendo170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crescendo170
    @Ryax said:
    " no. im with mysteriousbob on this one. if it werent for giant bomb doing the ER, you would all spit on this game. "
    Fuck no. I was way into this way before any talk of an ER came along.
    Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Metzo_Paino

Destructoid had a whole article about how they enjoyed this game more than Heavy Rain, I can't seem to find the article, but here is their review.

It sums up why I want to play it, I want to enjoy the car crash that it is.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gunslingerNZ
    @MysteriousBob: Word! It's weird how seriously some people are taking this game and the endurance run season 2 in general.
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gunslingerNZ
    @D_O_A said:

" Deadly Premonition is already on PS3.  It's just called  Red Seeds Profile instead.  It released in Japan, and has the english voiceovers included. "

Huh what do you know this guy is totally correct! Thread over.

Go buy Red Seeds Profile if you really want to play this crummy game. I don't know why you would though the only reason to is for the funny campy dialogue and bewildering musical soundtrack...oh wait a second you get all of that watching the endurance run and don't have to put up with the rubbish controls!

Edit: oh wow be careful watching the Red Seeds Profile videos on youtube, there's some spoilers in there..

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ramyun

I mean this game is pretty divisive and I understand people's confusion but I guess if you are that kind of person that likes the 'so bad its good' feel then you can see the charm of this game. Also, this game is pretty deep for 20 USD and the story is somewhat really intriguing, especially the weirdness of York. So...give it to me on PS3!!!!

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ashogo
    @gunslingerNZ said:

" @D_O_A said:

" Deadly Premonition is already on PS3.  It's just called  Red Seeds Profile instead.  It released in Japan, and has the english voiceovers included. "

Huh what do you know this guy is totally correct! Thread over. "
    Except that the import version costs 60+ dollars, and has no English text.
    Astiaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TylDurden

in for *another* one if ever brought over to the US on the PS3. I could even get another Platinum trophy for it all over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.