Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Why the GiantBomb hate?

• 115 results
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Phished0ne
    @ryanwho said:
    " They're not interested. See, the conflict you're having is normally you just put a cartoonish  stereotype on people on the net who dismiss something you like, but in this case you would be characterizing the GB crew, people you know and like. And you don't know what to do. And just walking away, leaving it alone, never even occurred to you. "

This
    Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
    @Snail said:
    " They approached it the wrong way if you ask me, in an unprofessional way, that's why they really didn't write a review for it. A review should be more than a simple personal opinion, it should rather say if the game is good or not and will it satisfy its target audience. But since they just didn't have the patience to  play the game they thought "The heck with it".  So yeah. The heck with it. "
    Here's the problem with your argument: there is no definition of what "good" is other than opinion.  If it's only going to satisfy its target audience then there's no reason to review it as the review boils down to "If you like games like X you will like X," which isn't a super deep or useful review.  Demon's Souls' target audience does not need to read a review because they already know that they'll like it.  I don't need to read any reviews for Mass Effect 2 because I know it's going to make me ruin my pants, so if Giant Bomb decides that they hate it and don't review it's no skin off my nose.  The most obvious reason for Demon's Souls fans wanting a review from GB is to compare their own views with GB's.  However, the very fact that there is no review is a fairly telling story of their opinion.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By dbz1995
    @Korosuzo: Some people here are massive fans of this game; I for one, CL60 also, and aliss as well. Demon's Souls is a very love/hate game, and whilst I am the former, I can totally understand and appreciate why the latter do so. There are obvious ideas that this game is trying to show, and whilst I personally find the game mechanics rewarding and fascinating, some people may just find it frustrating. I am fiarly certain there are games which you do not like which a lot of people do because of a variety of factors that just seemed to add on to the other gamer's experience. The best we can do is understand.
     If you need any help, I'd happily play with you.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Rio

I have no problem with them not liking it.  The only thing that annoys me is that they havent bothered to discuss or acknowledge alot of the love for that game and give it a proper nod.  They didnt even mention how its gotten goty at gamespot.  

No its not a big deal, I just find it odd that they give nearly no notice to the reviews and interest in the game and wont even admit that it could be a great game thats just not for them (Vinny sort of did at least).  They have made a couple off comments to this stuff but never actually discussed it.  I've wanted them too because I think it would be interesting to hear them talk about it.  Doesnt seem like any chance of that though, hehe.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#55  Edited By jacksukeru

I was kinda upset back when they didn't even do a quicklook for Mega Man 9, but I got over it. 

(Well mostly. All I'm saying is there better be one for 10 or I'm gonna... *Dramatic pause* ...make a thread and whine about it.)

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@Turambar: no i understand fully well how the list is generated. the question how come everyone didnt try it. even if it isnt thier "cup of tea" they could have given it a go. Especially since its been getting praise on other sites, ign gave it a 9 point something and gamespot labelled it game of the year. You would imagine GB as a collective would have an opinion, not just one or two guys.
    m_rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By m_rum
    @DarkShaper said:
    " I don't like sports so even if this years Madden is the best Football game ever made I know I won't play it since I don't like football and I don't think people would give me crap for dismissing it because of that. So even if Demon's Souls is a fantastic game (Wouldn't know never played it) I would not expect people who don't like that kind of game to play it before saying that their not interested.  "
    But if you reviewed games professionally wouldn't you at least try out years out-of-nowhere game that is winning awards left and right? I sure as hell would even if it was a sim racer or a Kingdom Hearts game.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By CowMuffins
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @InfiniteGeass said:
    " People have opinions ... Get over it. 
    "
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Systech

Oh, waaaahhhhhh...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Turambar
    @arab_prince: The GB office is only 5 guys (counting Dave), and pretty rare that everyone in the office is going to all play a game.  In this case 3 of them did, 2 liked it, and one didn't.  That's enough for a pretty well placed opinion.  And to be given consideration doesn't equate being put on the top 3.  I'm fairly certain just being on the short list itself means DS has already been given quite a bit of consideration.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fbomb

Well, since they nominated it to be part of the discussion as best game for the PS3 this year, means they have mad respect for it. It was just too devisive to be in the top 3, so it was cut early from the running. They like the game fine, but couldn't put it at the top of their list because opinions are split.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Turambar
    @m_rum: They kind of did try it out...
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By Yummylee
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @Korosuzo: Some people here are massive fans of this game; I for one, CL60 also, and aliss as well.  "

And me =P
    Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gregomasta
    @Korosuzo: Gamespot made it goty, what's to cry about?
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By bonbolapti
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @bonbolapti said:
    "

I love Demon's Souls, But that's the kind of game I play for myself. 
    I would be much happier with it being MY game of the year than anyone elses.

"
    well to bad because it is my game of the year also  and gamespot's game of the year and it won several gametrailers awards "

Fine, maybe I'll just have a different game of the year. And it'll be much better and I'm not going to tell ANYONE.
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By lethalki11ler

I think it's all a matter of opinion, Jeff doesn't like the Final Fantasys but I do. Doesn't mean any of us is wrong.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
    @Rio said:
    They didnt even mention how its gotten goty at gamespot.    No its not a big deal, I just find it odd that they give nearly no notice to the reviews and interest in the game and wont even admit that it could be a great game thats just not for them (Vinny sort of did at least).
    Why would they discuss that?  Why would they even discuss the opinions of other outlets?  I haven't finished the GOTY podcast, but that's certainly not something they do in the regular ones or in normal discussion.  Why should they care that Demon's Souls got GOTY from Gamespot? Because they used to work there?  Given the terms on which they seemed to have left, I imagine that would be even less reason to care.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By Snail
    @Turambar: I wouldn't know. Dudes in this thread seem pretty sure that everyone hates it, and based on the quick look Jeff, Dave and Brad (was it Brad?) don't like it much.

@Fish_Face_McGee said:
    " @Snail said:
    " They approached it the wrong way if you ask me, in an unprofessional way, that's why they really didn't write a review for it. A review should be more than a simple personal opinion, it should rather say if the game is good or not and will it satisfy its target audience. But since they just didn't have the patience to  play the game they thought "The heck with it".  So yeah. The heck with it. "
    Here's the problem with your argument: there is no definition of what "good" is other than opinion.  If it's only going to satisfy its target audience then there's no reason to review it as the review boils down to "If you like games like X you will like X," which isn't a super deep or useful review.  Demon's Souls' target audience does not need to read a review because they already know that they'll like it.  I don't need to read any reviews for Mass Effect 2 because I know it's going to make me ruin my pants, so if Giant Bomb decides that they hate it and don't review it's no skin off my nose.  The most obvious reason for Demon's Souls fans wanting a review from GB is to compare their own views with GB's.  However, the very fact that there is no review is a fairly telling story of their opinion. "
    But there is a flaw in your argument.

First and foremost, let me point out that I am not taking sides in this argument. Let's not create a Team Giant Bomb Staff vs. Team Insulted Fans situation. People tend to overrate reviews a lot. It's just a dude writing about a game. That being said, I find it unbelievably annoying when someone freaks out over giving a game a 7.9 instead of an 8.0. Basically they didn't feel like playing through the game, hey, it's cool, they didn't review it. OP seems to be a fan freaking out over that.

I am not saying that a review should boil down to a comparison between two games. In Demon's Souls' case it is meant to please a dedicated audience, that is willing to take on a challenge. If a videogame reviewer is not willing to do so, then he should not review the game. The most he or she could say is "This game isn't for everyone" and/or "It's target audience is too selective". Suppose a dude likes racing games, Forza 3 is the game for you, Big Riggs, on the other hand, isn't. Again, this point of view is rather simplistic, since a review should not simply be "If you're into that type of shit, you'll LOVE THIS!".

Now here is the dilemma in my logic. Take Jeff, for instance. By being around for enough time, I can tell dude likes fighting games, but dislikes On-Rails shooters. I might be wrong when I say this, but I think that, though he has a great judgment capability, he would not review both games fairly, although he would still be giving out a fair review because it expresses his feelings towards said game.

Again, when I think of it, I over-complicate the situation. All in all, a review states a person's feelings toward a product, and that is all. He states the opinion of the audience he belongs in, he is the spokesperson of said audience. To me, both my arguments make sense, although they contradict each other.

Ah, fuck this.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Turambar
    @Snail: The bombcasts makes it pretty clear that Dave and Vinny like the game quite a bit. 
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Snail
    @Turambar: As I said, I am not arguing that, read all my posts, please.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By trophyhunter
    @bonbolapti said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @bonbolapti said:
    "

"
    well to bad because it is my game of the year also  and gamespot's game of the year and it won several gametrailers awards "
    Fine, maybe I'll just have a different game of the year. And it'll be much better and I'm not going to tell ANYONE. "
    whats that going to be lemon's bouls
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@Turambar: Well if 2 liked and 1 didnt i would assume the other 2 should try to give a well placed opinion. Either way, this is a moot point.
    King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#73  Edited By King9999

The fact of the matter is, Demon's Souls doesn't appeal to a wide audience, so not everyone is going to like it.  Remember who published this game, what they specialize in, and what their business model is like.  The only thing that bugged me was that GB put down DS as a nominee for "Weirdest Game," which made no sense to me.  What's weird about Demon's Souls?

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By bacongames

If I have to hear "it's just their opinion" one more goddamn time I'm gonna slit one of you dismissive assholes in the throat.  Are arguments forever null and useless now just because "they're opinions"!?  Opinions mean something to not only the person saying them but to the people listening and that is why we argue them.  It is important to recognize that opinions are malleable and by definition determined by a certain degree of personal bias but they still matter people, come on.

The only thing I can complain about is that they dismissed the game more than I would like.  I don't think they made it clear enough that because this game isn't really for any of the guys, they wouldn't do a review justice so they won't.  If told this they more than likely will agree with me but all the coverage amounted to "this game is for crazy people who hate themselves" which isn't fair I think.  Especially given the praise it has been getting which you don't just invent, it has to come from somewhere.  

However you do have to respect the fact that they didn't just throw a review up there to piss people off.  They know their limits and the few dismissive comments felt a little unprofessional.  I'm not shocked or really offended though.  The game is getting praise enough as well as sales so I think Demon's Souls will do fine.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Tuffgong said:

" If I have to hear "it's just their opinion" one more goddamn time I'm gonna slit one of you dismissive assholes in the throat.  Are arguments forever null and useless now just because "they're opinions"!?  Opinions mean something to not only the person saying them but to the people listening and that is why we argue them.  It is important to recognize that opinions are malleable and by definition determined by a certain degree of personal bias but they still matter people, come on.  The only thing I can complain about is that they dismissed the game more than I would like.  I don't think they made it clear enough that because this game isn't really for any of the guys, they wouldn't do a review justice so they won't.  If told this they more than likely will agree with me but all the coverage amounted to "this game is for crazy people who hate themselves" which isn't fair I think.  Especially given the praise it has been getting which you don't just invent, it has to come from somewhere.    However you do have to respect the fact that they didn't just throw a review up there to piss people off.  They know their limits and the few dismissive comments felt a little unprofessional.  I'm not shocked or really offended though.  The game is getting praise enough as well as sales so I think Demon's Souls will do fine. "

yes in the past month I've hear the god damn word "Opinions" so many fucking times, I want to beat the shit out of the next person that says it.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By mordukai
    @Turambar said:
    " @Snail: The bombcasts makes it pretty clear that Dave and Vinny like the game quite a bit.  "
    WHich ones? 
    I missed a few so if you can tell me which one had dave and vinny talk about it then I'll appreciate very much. 
    Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By guerrilla_mason
    @rjayb89 said:
    " It ain't their thing.  I'm sure you don't play games that don't interest you.  That is the case here. "
    Don't wanna talk on the topic (they have their opinion, yadda yadda), but I wanted to say I have that lunch box. It's pretty sweet.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By CL60
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @Korosuzo: Some people here are massive fans of this game; I for one, CL60 also, and aliss as well. Demon's Souls is a very love/hate game, and whilst I am the former, I can totally understand and appreciate why the latter do so. There are obvious ideas that this game is trying to show, and whilst I personally find the game mechanics rewarding and fascinating, some people may just find it frustrating. I am fiarly certain there are games which you do not like which a lot of people do because of a variety of factors that just seemed to add on to the other gamer's experience. The best we can do is understand.  If you need any help, I'd happily play with you. "
    What's your PSN ID? I will add you, I need some PSN friends.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Turambar
    @Mordukai: The one with John Vignocchi has Vinny talking about liking the game.  The one with Dave when Vinny was in New York getting married, iirc.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Brendan
    @Turambar said:
    " @arab_prince: You seem to be at a loss at how GB GOTY nominees are generated.  The entire office has to have had an experience with the game.  I would have had a problem with them not putting MW2 on it because they all played it and enjoyed it.  DS on the other hand, half of them didn't play it and of the other half, only one enjoyed it.    The giant issue people seem incapable of getting over is this isn't some definitive statement on the best game of the year (as if there is any in the entire gaming press), but the best the GB office can collectively get behind on. "

Exactly this.  What people misunderstand about GOTY awards is that they're not designed to be a definitive list, they are a showcase of what the editors favourite games are.  The reason the GOTY awards exist is because thousands of people come to this site daily, partly because they trust the editors alot.  Therefore the mentality from the editors is that many users would be interested in their personal GOTY.  It always boggles my mind when people get upset over these situations.
    m_rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By m_rum
    @King9999 said:
    " The fact of the matter is, Demon's Souls doesn't appeal to a wide audience, so not everyone is going to like it.  Remember who published this game, what they specialize in, and what their business model is like.  The only thing that bugged me was that GB put down DS as a nominee for "Weirdest Game," which made no sense to me.  What's weird about Demon's Souls? "
    I think that statement underplays Demon's Souls quite a bit. True, it's not for everyone. There isn't a game for everyone. It's an action RPG which happens to try some new things for the genre. It's not like it's some super niche game crafted for a certain small segment of the audience out there. Yes it's hard but many other games are too.  And it's proven to be a commercial and critical success. Haven't seen many people disappointed by it after playing it.

I'm just one of those guys who think it's pretty sad that my favorite gaming site didn't even bother to review it when they find time to write about such widely anticipated titles like Rogue Warrior. In my opinion it's games like Demon's Souls which deserve some attention. Well at least we had a lengthy quick look. But I'd still gladly take even a negative but honest, informed review with it.
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82  Edited By bonbolapti

@trophyhunter said:

" @bonbolapti said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @bonbolapti said:
    "

"
    Fine, maybe I'll just have a different game of the year. And it'll be much better and I'm not going to tell ANYONE. "
    whats that going to be lemon's bouls "

psssh no, that game's too hard.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83  Edited By jakob187

If you had listened to the GOTY podcast, you'd know that it WAS in the running.  However, it was knocked out early because...lo and behold...they felt three other games were better.  The deliberations they had were both sound and justified completely.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FunExplosions

I don't think any of the staff has beaten the game. Plain and simple. I, personally, have never even played it.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#85  Edited By Soap

who would of thought that a site run by a total of 4 guys (mainly) wouldn't go for a niche title... what a suprise >_>

chef4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By chef4hire

I wonder how these guys would have rated Super Mario Bros.  - too difficult because they couldn't learn how to jump?  Too punishing for making you start over?

How about Zelda?  The controls are too hard?

These guys are casual gamers.  They might have been hardcore before, but I guess they've lost it.  They're a bunch of casual old farts now, who don't have the time nor patience for games that don't provide instant gratification.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88  Edited By Ineedaname

I guess it's just not that hard to find 3 people who don't like a niche game.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Whisperkill said:
    " @Turambar said:

" @Whisperkill said:

" Yeah Demon's Souls just isn't fun... "
    Yeah, Futurama just isn't a funny show.  You're probably thinking through ten different reasons why that statement is wrong.  Your comment reads a bit like that. "
    Okay, I did not find Demon's Souls fun... Happy Now.  And yes I played the game long enough to make a judgment of it. Jesus Christ people get so upset over this thing... its just a fucking video game. "
    lol u mad kid
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Gabriel

It's all subjective, personally I hate Hard Games especially Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads, ugh Battletoads, but Demons Souls grabbed me personally quite hard and became suprisingly my second favorite game this year, see my list. However I understand why they didn't like it, dosen't make a strong first impression although quite a funny one (See Quicklook) Just suprised Dave hasn't talked more about it, seems like his type of game. 

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Rio
    @Fish_Face_McGee:  Considering they made comments on other favorable reviews from other outlets in the past, I dont see why not.  Like I said its not that big of a deal, but I dont think Demon Souls is a run of the mill game either.  They are confused about it while so many others enjoy the game, I myself think it would be an interesting discussion from them, but its not one I need or expect.  So calm down.  

PS  A number of the guys that remain at GS are still their friends, its not like they pretend the site doesnt exist.  I could care less about GS, but the fact that DS got goty is rather surprising, I'm sorry if I think its an interesting situation.
    buzzbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By buzzbr
    @Tuffgong said:
    " If I have to hear "it's just their opinion" one more goddamn time I'm gonna slit one of you dismissive assholes in the throat.  Are arguments forever null and useless now just because "they're opinions"!?  Opinions mean something to not only the person saying them but to the people listening and that is why we argue them.  It is important to recognize that opinions are malleable and by definition determined by a certain degree of personal bias but they still matter people, come on.  The only thing I can complain about is that they dismissed the game more than I would like.  I don't think they made it clear enough that because this game isn't really for any of the guys, they wouldn't do a review justice so they won't.  If told this they more than likely will agree with me but all the coverage amounted to "this game is for crazy people who hate themselves" which isn't fair I think.  Especially given the praise it has been getting which you don't just invent, it has to come from somewhere.    However you do have to respect the fact that they didn't just throw a review up there to piss people off.  They know their limits and the few dismissive comments felt a little unprofessional.  I'm not shocked or really offended though.  The game is getting praise enough as well as sales so I think Demon's Souls will do fine. "
    "it's just their opinion"

Come and get me.

Arguments about trivial nonsense like video games have always been useless in the grand scheme of things.  They are irrelevant.  They don't matter.  To anyone.  It's fun, sure, but it doesn't matter.  Not like arguments over cancer treatments or the ethical boundaries of stem-cell research matter.  You don't like something some one or website said or didn't say?  That's a shame.  Cry me a river.  Call the WHAA!mbulance.  Giant Bomb dismissed the game more than you would like?  Do you realize how that sounds?  Are you 3?!  You don't like it, so YOU go on Giant Bomb's forums and say to the Giant Bomb community that Giant Bomb didn't cover it as much as YOU would like Giant Bomb to cover it.

And that last bit, that passive-aggressive sell you threw down?  Just breath-taking.  "Demon's Souls is getting praise and money, so I don't care," ends the post that began with, "I WILL MURDER ANYONE WHO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THIS!!!"  Phenomenal.

This is GIant Bomb.com, not Tuffgong.com.  If you don't like it, get your cry-baby ass out.  What truly wouldn't be fair is if Giant Bomb were to shower it with coverage and praise simply to appease children such as yourself.  If you want your coverage, pal, go check out GameTrailers or GameSpot or IGN.  You said it yourself: it's getting plenty of coverage and praise elsewhere.  You will be missed.

I came to this site to see what Giant Bomb and the community were saying about the game.  I don't like Japanese RPGs too much, but the critical praise (especially GameSpot's selection of this game as Game Of The Year) got me interested.  But if you are representative of the type of malcontent that enjoys it, then I guess I'll get back to playing Dragon Age.

I await my impending murder attempt.  See how far you get.
    ProfondoRosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ProfondoRosso

Demon's Souls is certainly one of the most talked about game releases of 2009, and being nearly ignored by the Giant Bomb guys is probably more upseting than giving the game a negative review. I was also puzzled by not seing it even mentioned at the PS3 GOTY section, so the question must be on a lot of people's minds as well.   

Yes, the game is my favorite PS3 game so far (even more than Uncharted 2? yup!) and it's one of the most original multiplayer experiences of the past year, both coop and pvp, and an epic single player adventure full of memorable stuff in it. 

And let´s admit it, it's not THAT hard, it's one of the most fair games i've played.

Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By Foggen
    @Korosuzo: Vinny and I think Dave liked it.
    chef4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By chef4hire
    @Ineedaname: I guess Zelda and Diablo are niche games as well eh?
    aliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By aliss
    @Korosuzo said:
    "  Rogue Warrior is more deserving of a review?  "

yeah i was a bit surprised about that....Rogue Warrior was reviewed in pretty much every major outlet, and they all said it was a PoS
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ineedaname
    @chef4hire said:
    " @Ineedaname: I guess Zelda and Diablo are niche games as well eh? "
    Elaborate.
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Whisperkill said:
    " Yeah Demon's Souls just isn't fun... "
    ...Dude. I'm going to show you how fun Demon's Souls is...
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

its called an opinion

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Globox82

It's not their type of game. Jeff gave it a shot and didn't like it, case closed. It's a niche title only certain type of play will love it, besides just putting it on a list as one of best PS3 exclusives says a lot.
    Move on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.