Someone's Developing a Child's Play Video Game

• 94 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3493 posts) -
Hey, maybe it won't be that bad! /delusional

I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game. I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game. I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game.

(But there are so few horror video games!)

Fine. I'm excited about a Child's Play game. It's irrational, I know, but reading the press release from TikGames about a downloadable Chuky game in development for release later year...

TikGames pedigree? Casual games like Cinema Tycoon and Flower Shop: Big City Break.

Naturally.

Look, I love horror movies, far and away my favorite genre. In October, I schedule a lineup of the best of the best and the worst of the worst, and watch a new horror movie every day until Halloween. So while everything tells me TikGames' stealth-based (I KNOW) game starring Chucky won't be any good, I...I...

...I'm going to play it. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

Next up, Hellraiser!

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3493 posts) -
Hey, maybe it won't be that bad! /delusional

I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game. I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game. I should not get excited about a Child's Play video game.

(But there are so few horror video games!)

Fine. I'm excited about a Child's Play game. It's irrational, I know, but reading the press release from TikGames about a downloadable Chuky game in development for release later year...

TikGames pedigree? Casual games like Cinema Tycoon and Flower Shop: Big City Break.

Naturally.

Look, I love horror movies, far and away my favorite genre. In October, I schedule a lineup of the best of the best and the worst of the worst, and watch a new horror movie every day until Halloween. So while everything tells me TikGames' stealth-based (I KNOW) game starring Chucky won't be any good, I...I...

...I'm going to play it. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

Next up, Hellraiser!

Staff
#2 Posted by Syphous (170 posts) -

Chucky Norris.

#3 Posted by HonoredSamurai (106 posts) -

wow 

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

Read this last night.  Kinda curious how it's going to turn out.

#5 Edited by SSully (4129 posts) -

I wonder if you have to play as someone who is brain dead, because I know that if I was attacked by a toy doll I would put a hallway between us and when he comes at me I'd either put a bullet in his little plastic skull or just pick him up and hang him over my stove.

#6 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Um, ROFLCOPTER?

#7 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about Child's Play, the charity.  :(

#8 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

So you run a charity for giving games to kids while trying to keep awake during your marathon of desert bus?
#9 Posted by ultraman324 (19 posts) -

Wow ok the movie Child's Play not the charity. I was so confused for a second there.

#10 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

If you play Chucky, it'll probably turn out like the Jaws or Predator games where they ignore the fact that you should spend a lot of time hunting and killing mostly innocent people. The Tranquility Lane Clown Killer section of Fallout 3 might be the closest thing I can think of that would work. I would expect they could do something like Manhunt without the snuff director.

The only other real option would be playing a victim and trying to save other people from Chucky whil you avoid your own death.
#11 Posted by Delta_Ass (3255 posts) -

He said Aunt Maggie was a real bitch and got what she deserved.

#12 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -

Don't worry Pratrick  I have the same problem.
#13 Posted by WiFiPirate (141 posts) -
#14 Posted by NTM (7275 posts) -

Hm, interesting. I just watched Child's Play a few days ago. Chucky's a really great character. This game probably won't be too good though.
#15 Posted by CaptainCowboy (16 posts) -

They need to make a new Evil Dead game.

#16 Posted by NoeinJ (46 posts) -

Horror game with Cenobites, that would be scary... and awesome.

#17 Posted by LIquid1024 (57 posts) -

As long as there is no problem child video game, were fine.

#18 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -

No thank you! That movie scared the shit out of me as a kid. If I watched it now, I'd probably realize how stupid it was, but all I have to go on is my 6 year old self's recollection of the movie. 

#19 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I thought this was that charity, but low and behold, it a murder doll.

#20 Posted by Nights (607 posts) -

Count me in, I love Childs Play. Well, at least 1-3. Bride and Seed of Chucky don't count.

#21 Posted by Sayishere (1839 posts) -

This game is going to be really really bad

#22 Posted by Cupids_Hitman (164 posts) -

Haha, when I read the title, I thought it meant that somebody was making a game based on the Child's Play charity. I was so confused.

#23 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@WiFiPirate: Man, I remember playing Friday the 13th way back when.

Awesome graphics amirite?

#24 Posted by mosespippy (4044 posts) -
@melcene said:
So did I, with a desert bus minigame. 
#25 Posted by EuanDewar (4775 posts) -

It would be a nice neat thing if all the proceeds from this went to the Childs Play charity. Never going to happen I know.

#26 Posted by Winsord (1167 posts) -

Darn, I thought this was going to be a game about the charity. XD

#27 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@melcene said:
Ditto
#28 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

It's probably going to end up being a puzzle game where you piece Chucky together.

Then you get a precanned animation of the movie scenes... and he dies.

And you piece him together again!

Fun times...
#29 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6289 posts) -

I'm more interested in the remake that's been in the works for a few years now. It's about damn time Chucky became scary again.

#30 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

It's gonna have L.A.Noire level facial animation.

#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@melcene said:
That was also my first thought.  :P
#32 Posted by apefist (6 posts) -

I am very frightened

#33 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
@melcene said:
Yeah. I am disappoint v.v
#34 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -

Friday the 13th used to scare the shit out of me when I was 7.

#35 Posted by Seroth (711 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
@JJWeatherman said:
@melcene said:
I thought this, too. Obviously, all profits from this game should go to charity!
#36 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

Release day steam sale and Im on board!

#37 Edited by Zatoichi_Sanjuro (945 posts) -

Manufactured outrage incoming.
#38 Posted by Saga (178 posts) -

haha interesting idea actually. As long as we can choose to play as both Chucky or Andy

#39 Posted by papercut (3450 posts) -
@Seroth said:
@MordeaniisChaos said:
@JJWeatherman said:
@melcene said:
I thought this, too. Obviously, all profits from this game should go to charity!
I fifth this statement 
#40 Posted by bartok (2430 posts) -

There has to be a dedicated button solely for the purpose of spouting one-liners when you viciously murder someone to earn bonus points that can be used to kill people better.

#41 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Candyman... the game. The twist is you play as John Candy.

#42 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Haha I came in here to talk about a charity themed video game, but this is okay too. 

#43 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

I'm surprised there hasn't been a recent Chucky game before this.

#44 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -
@melcene said:
#45 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I'm sick. Like Chucky was sick.

#46 Posted by CornBREDX (4830 posts) -

The amount of people here that think this is about the charity when it clearly has a picture of chucky is astonishing.

Granted child's play was a fun terribly bad horror movie from the 80s but still...

So, ya, a child's play game. That's great. Shame I expect it wont even be so bad it's good- I suspect it will just be boring. Only time will tell. I can't wait to be part of the problem.

#47 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

LOL,Im right there with ya patrick. I LOVE horror movies and even though I know this will most likely be your typical crappy movie to game I wont be able to stop myself from playin it

#48 Posted by killerdud745 (55 posts) -

Hell yeah! This is awesome news. I used to love Child's Play and I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

#49 Posted by chu52 (238 posts) -

Here I was excited for a game where proceeds go to the child's play charity. now I am sad

#50 Posted by Seraphim84 (406 posts) -

Quickly tap X to tear their souls apart.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.