musepoetique's Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS) review

Loads of fun with some frustration.

A friend of mine had a Japanese version of this game and I instantly fell in love.  Years later I decided to buy the official US release.  The price $5.  Amazing price for an amazing game.  The mini story lines are hilarious and entertaining.  The dancing and singing "agents" add a fun element to the game.  The only thing that turned me off was that sometimes the notes would get out of sync.  It was frustrating when this happened.  This was usually fixed when you started another song.

The multiplayer aspect is a lot of fun.  Watching the cut scenes really amplify the experience.  It was fun watching to see exactly who did best in each section.  I definitely recommend this game.

Other reviews for Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS)

Portable rhythm gaming perfection. 0

In the past few years, rhythm games have gone through a spectacular boom and a spectacular fall.  The Guitar Hero franchise has gone from having the best-selling third party game in history to selling less than 100K, and Rock Band isn't faring much better.  It's a shame that the fad-like nature of these two series have caused developers to mostly back away from music games altogether, and that is a real shame, because we need more games like Elite Beat Agents in this world.The premise is...

A Rhythm Game That's A Bit Out Of Synch. 0

Elite Beat Agents is an interesting game with a lot of character and some great humor.  Unfortunately, it also has a lot of problems.  In it, you play as the Elite Beat Agents, a group of dancing government (?) agents, whose sole purpose is to make a difference in the lives of others.  How do they do this?  By dancing, of course.  At it's heart, EBA is a simple rhythm game you play using the only the stylus.  You'll find yourself tapping, dragging, and tracing your way to the beat.  This is all ...