Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Your race decides what your character looks like, and that's about it. Pick one of them looks aesthetically pleasing to you.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

About to start the EVE Online trial and test it out myself. Any suggestions for a starting race to start close to Kite Co territory?

You've got to try and join the corp as soon as you can. I learned more after my first hour in Kite Co than I did in two days trying to figure things out on my own!

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well. I started playing EVE again after getting the starter pack from humblebundle, put it on my 2005 account only to find that the skills on that character was awfully trained. So now I have a fresh new Caldari bud. Joined the giantbombing channel at the time of this post but it was pretty dead, I'll pop on later today.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604  Edited By kinggiddra

Kite Co is mostly US-based with a light dash of EU. You won't find a lot of activity between 0300 - 0800 EST. We have a few AUS players active at that time, but they mostly try to get in on very late USTZ players.

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Today, Hero Coalition put the finishing touches on a three month campaign to take the region of Catch. As a member corp of the lead alliance in Hero, Kite Co. has been well placed to take part in this campaign and help change the political landscape of the EVE universe.

Also, I still love that they chose magenta for us on the coalition map...

Loading Video...

amishmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing you guys erect a memorial space station made me kind of want to re-sub - I haven't played in about two years and I've only ever been on a few roams, but is Kite Co. still decently friendly to noobs? I'm still squarely in that category. I played with the Rock Paper Shotgun corp for a while.

I also have no idea where my character and ships are relative to your zone of ops, but any info on Kite Co's current status would be great, thanks!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607  Edited By kinggiddra

@amishmonster:

Kite Co. is designed to allow any duder to join regardless of experience. We're part of the largest new-player focused alliance so you should have help around the clock!

amishmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinggiddra Cool, thanks! I'm still thinking about it and I noticed that they're about to push out the latest expansion, so I might wait a day.

And you're still somewhat casual? Like probably no 4am phonecalls to defend a base or anything? I don't know how serious things get now that you actually have a space station.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amishmonster:

EVE is as serious as you want to play it. Nothing is mandatory in the game at all. The rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go. If you're into getting up at 0400 to defend stuff there are plenty of space jobs that provide that avenue, but it's by your own choice. No one is going to force you to stop mining an asteroid to defend something.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#610  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I see there's a "new player free trial" but what about a "returning player free trial"? Been thinking about coming back but not sure if I want to spend the money on a month's sub only to rediscover why I left in the first place.

Apparently there's a Recall Program that will do just this. Anyone mind hooking me up? Steam is BM Panda.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

All I've ever done is missioning, incursions, and some light PvP which I always - always - lost. That said I might be willing to try again

I see there's a "new player free trial" but what about a "returning player free trial"? Been thinking about coming back but not sure if I want to spend the money on a month's sub only to rediscover why I left in the first place.

Apparently there's a Recall Program that will do just this. Anyone mind hooking me up? Steam is BM Panda.

If this is true, I'd love a code also.

SupberUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed our community has a station and is newbie-friendly ^_^
    I might, just might, take this as my sign to give it one final try. I’ve tried twice, but both were without a backing community.

Sometime this year.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@supberuber@giantstalker: This is probably the best time to join Eve in a while. We're really busy between fortifying our new NullSec home & dealing with the frequent fleets roaming in to kill us. It's dangerous, but exciting, and there's fighting going on nearly all the time. If you need to make money, NullSec is the best place to make it, too. If you need money, most of us have enough ISK to give several million to Newbros to help them get on their feet.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@kinggiddra Cool, thanks! I'm still thinking about it and I noticed that they're about to push out the latest expansion, so I might wait a day.

And you're still somewhat casual? Like probably no 4am phonecalls to defend a base or anything? I don't know how serious things get now that you actually have a space station.

If there is a 4 AM call to defend a base, someone screwed up badly. Structures have Reinforcement timers after the initial assault to ensure the killing blow has to be done at the time of the defender's choosing. If we have to defend a base in the morning, we made a mistake.

Most of the late-night/early-morning alerts are for attacking enemy structures; since our main enemy ATM is the Russians, their prime-time is our middle-of-the-damn-night. Participation in offensive & defensive strat-op fleets is optional, and there's plenty of defensive strat-ops at a decent time that you can contribute without waking up before the sun comes up.

And yes, KiteCo is still pretty casual, although we'll need to get a bit more serious now that we have to fend off people trying to take our space. So far, though, it seems to entail more "learn how the game works & how to operate in a fleet" rather than "we need you logged in 6 hours a day".

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By kinggiddra

The Recall program was a test for a future program rollout. It ran for two months back around May. They may restart it again sometime in the future, but as of right now there are no plans.

You can either start up a new trial account to try the game or resubscribe your old account to try the game. CCP sometimes has specials to reactivate accounts, but there's no way to tell when they will have them.

PCTechnologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Duder here, I just applied. It's been years since I played so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. My younger brother was playing my account for a long time so I'm actually well equipped. My in-game name is Seamus Finnigan.

P.S. I LOVE what you guys did for Ryan Davis and that got me motivated to play again! Good work!

-PCTechnologist

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Duder here, I just applied. It's been years since I played so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. My younger brother was playing my account for a long time so I'm actually well equipped. My in-game name is Seamus Finnigan.

P.S. I LOVE what you guys did for Ryan Davis and that got me motivated to play again! Good work!

-PCTechnologist

Awesome! We're looking forward to seeing you around. Jester Royal should be in contact with you when you log on.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pctechnologist said:

-PCTechnologist

Awesome! We're looking forward to seeing you around. Jester Royal should be in contact with you when you log on.

Yes. Thats me!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I'm now Jeni Park in game. Couldn't resist!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luck702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621  Edited By Luck702

Hey, just recently applied to the great and mighty Kite Co as Layne Solette. I can't wait to be guided by Kite Co.'s corporate overlords in the ways of space trucking.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just an update for anybody who might be rolling through this thread and wondering what is going on in Kite Co. You might wonder what we are up to but I have good news. We are alive and well and still spacing it up. As you may or may not have seen, we recent acheived an awesome long term goal of ours. Check out This Thread for more info. We anchored our own station that we live out of. Its something that very few people get to do in this game and we pooled our resources and built something that can never be destroyed (under current game mechanics). Its a home of our own and we're focused on making it a good place to be for new players. We are still part of the brave collective which is a very newbie-centric corp that helps provide content for all time zones and all styles of player. We've still got our new duder programs to help the newest of new players get the stuff they need to jump start having fun in game and we also have a freebie ship handout program so that no matter what skill level you are you can always participate. We'd love to have you as part of the "Space Guild!"

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Right, after dusting off my old character and dossing around for a few weeks I'm ready to get involved in something properly (also, safety in numbers and all that) so I've made my application. Feels good to be back in Eve. With the asteroids. I love me some asteroids.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624  Edited By kinggiddra

@gaggle64 said:

Right, after dusting off my old character and dossing around for a few weeks I'm ready to get involved in something properly (also, safety in numbers and all that) so I've made my application. Feels good to be back in Eve. With the asteroids. I love me some asteroids.

Hopefully we'll soon find out if love can bloom on the battlefield.

Esahk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've found myself with some time on my hands, so why not EVE? My name is Esahk Achasse, and I like space.

My application will be in the mail soon. I want to screw around for a bit longer and find my space feet before joining up. Then it's time for space shenanigans!

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Let me know when you're ready to join the nul sec shenanigans! If you have any questions be sure to ask in giantboming. We've memorized too much about the game so you don't have to.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I've decided to give EVE yet another try. I'll have to look up the Corp when I'm in game (tonight or tomorrow).

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have successfully joined Kite Co and immediately lost my Imperial Slicer to a gate camp on the way. It was more fun than I'd had in EVE for quite some time - surprisingly tense experience moving around in nullsec for the first time (not counting the time I flew out to the EVE Gate in a shuttle).

Firrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well duders looks like I now have my clones in your station and my Corp has an office in there as well. I'm a member of Explicit Alliance which just joined HERO so I guess I'll be seeing some of you guys on fleets and such.

Fly Safe Duders

o7

rikotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all duders!

I've been a GB lurker for something like 4 years. I've also been interested in EVE ever since Patrick's article breaking down that last huge battle. Finally signed up both on the GB site and in EVE for 3 months, and I am getting pretty familiar with the game and getting my skills all trained up. So with all that out of the way, this is my official request to join the Kite Co Space Truckers! I'll request in EVE as well, and hope to see you on there soon!

o7

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Today was a "massive" patch in the sense that it completely changes the way the game has worked for the past 10 years or so. While it's a relatively small patch in terms of MB, huge changes are happening in terms of mechanics.

Now is a pretty good time to get started, since everyone is slowly learning the ramifications of these changes.

rikotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah! Unlimited skill queues seem to be one of the significant changes. Just yesterday I was trying to micro manage, now I have something like 20 days worth of skills queued!

sebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I'm another duder who hasn't played for years, wanting to see what's changed and do something different this time around (less NPC missions) but I always loved fiddling with market stuff. I'm Jun Abra-Kai in game, will be in the giantbombing channel soon.

Edraii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634  Edited By Edraii

So how's this faring? I played eve for a couple of months back in the day, admittedly not very well. Been looking at it again so figured I'd ask here. I had the low end skills required to fly drakes and mining barges, but not the higher end ones to make them effective. But it's been a year or more so can't remember much more than that.

Not sure it'll be worth going back since I work quite a lot these days, there a lot of people active around midnight times GMT0? (22-03 ish)

Avatar image for shadowbladeedge
    ShadowbladeEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635  Edited By ShadowbladeEdge

@edraii: That's the beginning of US prime time, so yes, most of us are on then.

Robogiggletron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for welcoming me into the corp!

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Dunk Dinkle of BNI has some great advice for newbies just starting.

XanthanGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi duders

Just started playing Eve after the latest trailer and think I'm hooked. Just finished the career missions and wasn't sure where to go next (aimlessly scanning high sec grew a little tedious :D) but happy to see GB have a presence in New Eden :) I'm just wondering if you guys take on newbies straight out of the tutorials or should I get to know the game a bit more first before relocating to null sec (I'm assuming relocation is necessary)? I've not subbed up yet because I wanted to make sure I can find a good group to keep me coming back and play with. Thanks!

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639  Edited By slyspider

@xanthangun: They/we totally do! Contact someone in game and chat with them. They accepted me 2 nights ago, although I have to wait for some kind bomber to come help me get to our territory so I dont get blown the hell up

Edit: Join the Giantbombing chat room and someone will help you!

XanthanGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By XanthanGun

@slyspider thanks, I'm not in game tonight but will definitely do that next time I'm on :)

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

EVE is on sale this week on Steam, I figure it would be a great time to start (if there ever was one). Will Kite Co. keep me warm in the cold dark corners of space?

XanthanGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshermallow I've literally just started playing as well, and browsing reddit, it's almost universally recommended not to buy the Steam version. Apparently it makes patches and such a little more awkward, as well as some other multi account things (if you go that far down the rabbit hole)

What you can do is ask one of the nice folk here for a buddy invite, which gives you a 21 day free trial instead of 14, and if you do eventually subscribe, they receive a free PLEX which most will split the proceeds of, giving you a nice starting bank balance :)

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@xanthangun: I ended up buying the steam version myself during the thanksgiving-ish sale. It seems like it patched just fine when the Rhea update dropped. Also, it appears pretty easy to swap between accounts through the EVE launcher. I did see Steam was kind of frowned upon for purchasing it, but ehhhhhhhhhh it's no big deal to me. I've got some time before I actually have to decide if I want to go as far into this as I can get. I actually learned about the buddy system I think a day after I bought it which was a bummer.

EVE is pretty cool though, glad I purchased it.

XanthanGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea that's very true, from reading it seems like it only really begins to be a hindrance (if you could call it that) once you get super deep into the game

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#645  Edited By FirePrince
    No Caption Provided

Andrew Zenith. I guess I'll see you guys out there.

manuelmagana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By manuelmagana

Played for a few months back in 2007 and ready to give it another go.

Chriskje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Eve during the Steam winter sale and been playing for a few days now, almost finished up all the career path missions. I'll be sending in an application soon!

I'm "Funknut" ingame.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen you around, try joining the "giantbombing" channeling when you get a chance!

Also, when you're read let "Jester Royal" know in game. You can send him a mail or open a conversation.

ianmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the The Blood-Stained Stars missions, and set my application my name in game is "iron fe 26"

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Hey guys!

I'm looking to get back into EVE, its been years since I last played so I'm probably back to square one in terms of needing to learn things again. I'm looking for a community of helpful friendly players I can contribute to as a part of a team, share a few laughs and explore, hopefully to see some cool sights along the way.

Previously I got bored because I was working by myself doing mining operations as it seemed the only way I could make ISK at the time; I've learned that mining is NOT for me and would like to find a profitable way to participate in combat or exploration/salvage. If this sounds like a good fit for you guys let me know!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.