Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Excitebots: Trick Racing

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 20, 2009

The fourth installment to the Excite franchise introduces players to the ExciteBots and one of the most original, or insane, racing games for the Wii.

IGN Reviews Excitebots

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Clickie. 3 page review.

"Monster Games' previous effort was fantastic, but this unofficial sequel is better in just about every regard. Not only does it play better -- the controls are tighter and the challenges awesome and surreal -- but it's got more options. Collectibles. A very robust and engaging online mode complete with a great betting system. You can even send instant replays and with tracked-on bets to friends. The trick system is enjoyable. And all the big air and breakneck speed of Excite Trucks is back, plus some."
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

w00t!  I want to get this game now.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By VWGTI

I hope we get a Quick Look on this game. I want to see it being played so I can get a better idea on whether or not I'll like this game. There seems to be a little buzz on the internet.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I forgot that GiantBomb is going to review the game this week.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oh no, watch metascore plummet, I can't wait to hear that Motorstorm is 1000 times better but how your 3 year old niece may like this too.

Jeff gave Excite Truck a 6.8 after all... The only complaint at the time was the lack of content, so let's see how it does now with many more vehicles and stuff to unlock, 20 courses, mini games (which are twists added to the racing, not actual mini games), online play and betting, and whatever else it has. Unless online play will be considered void since they "couldn't connect after 3 tries" or whatever else they come up with.

WGTI, just track down all the videos from the various game shows it has been on. Plenty of them show people playing it. I'm not sure how watching people play is better than watching direct feed clips but whatever works for you.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

I never did get Excite Truck, but this sounds very promising indeed.  I looking forward to it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

This game looks very good. I want to get it.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By teptom

I just watched the Quick Look. It seems really cool and really random.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Oh no, watch metascore plummet, I can't wait to hear that Motorstorm is 1000 times better but how your 3 year old niece may like this too.

Jeff gave Excite Truck a 6.8 after all... The only complaint at the time was the lack of content, so let's see how it does now with many more vehicles and stuff to unlock, 20 courses, mini games (which are twists added to the racing, not actual mini games), online play and betting, and whatever else it has. Unless online play will be considered void since they "couldn't connect after 3 tries" or whatever else they come up with.WGTI, just track down all the videos from the various game shows it has been on. Plenty of them show people playing it. I'm not sure how watching people play is better than watching direct feed clips but whatever works for you."
    But Excite Truck probably did deserve a 7 at best. It has nothing to do with Motorstorm or anything else. I mean, Excite Truck's great when you're flying through the air but, the controls are WAY too twitchy on the ground.

Looking at the Quick Look I'd say Excite Bots looks more of the same -- it looks super fun when you're flying through the air but the on-ground controls look twitchy as hell. HOWEVER, it does seem like Excitebots totally rectifies the content problem, as there seems to be tons on offer in this package so long as it all comes together nicely.

The game certainly looks like some nice, good throwaway fun.

Stop being a cynic.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Oh no, watch metascore plummet, I can't wait to hear that Motorstorm is 1000 times better but how your 3 year old niece may like this too."
    Motorstorm IS 1000 times better than Excite Truck.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

There's absolutely no issue with the controls at all. It controls perfectly.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

I don't care.  I say we need F-Zero.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't wait to play this, time to dust off my Wii, it's the start of a very promising 2009f for the Wii

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Meowayne
    addictedtopinescent said:
     it's the start of a very promising 2009f for the Wii
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#15  Edited By LordAndrew

I noticed at one point in the review Matt refers to the previous game as Excite Trucks. Where the hell do people keep getting that from?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.